All Comments on 'It's Not About The Money'

by HikingThru

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Seems like a collection of the usual back-and-forth deliveries from the many previous narrations of this scenario. And it didn't have any fireworks either, just a lit fuse that fizzled out. I realise the 750 word limit curtails options a bit, but something a little new could still be brought to the table.

chytownchytownabout 2 years ago

***Good read for 750. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
could

have been a better story if longer nother really here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

About time the man’s character is seen like a rational male that has values, as for the women she is what she is

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For some reason, writers think we readers like these 750 word stories. I, for one, don't. Write a real story or don't write anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

NOT MARRIED! Wrong category, non erotic for this boring drivel.

carindenniscarindennisabout 2 years ago

Some topics require more than 750 words. In fact I don't like the whole 750 word concept at all. It is the literary equivelient of, "two pump chump."

vhasstvhasstabout 2 years ago

Clean, clear and concise, perhaps a bit emotionally dry and lacking in the melodramatic aspects of the genre but in 750 words, not bad at all. !

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Seems like a collection of the usual back-and-forth deliveries from the many previous narrations of this scenario. And it didn't have any fireworks either, just a lit fuse that fizzled out. I realise the 750 word limit curtails options a bit, but something a little new could still be brought to the table.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You forgot the punchline:

Woman: what kind of woman do you think I sm?

Man: we both know what you are, now we're just haggling over the price!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An old theme revisited , but still interesting . Nicely done as a 750 word story .

How about trying a 750 word follow up ?

Let's hear how her friends/parents felt when finding out the reason behind their break-up.

4 *

jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 years ago

Love it! The right amount of words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

#1 She has no idea who he is or if he has the money

#2 Is it just for that guy or will there be others involved

#3 Is this guy clean with no STDs

#4 Is she nuts?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

all set up, no story

KarnevilKarnevilabout 2 years ago

Nothing new and too short to create any real interest. My thoughts at the end were that it's quite obvious these two weren't suited, and wouldn't last a day after this discussion, so why didn't she just say goodbye and take all the money for herself?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Would have been cool if she did it, he takes his half of the money, then leaves her there. Or better yet gives the guy his bank account number and takes all the money. What can she do? Tell the cops he stole her prostitution money? How can she prove it was not his? Have the guy sign some document it was some iou for some legit deal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

2* - Could have been a great story - 750 words it was just an outline

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Opportunity lost: He could have taken $50 grand wired to him & left, while cheap slut was with an asshole.

He would have 50Gs & would be rid of the slut.

PS: Good try any way!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"pay to fuck your holes." - "Fuck your holes?" At least before she does this, is that the way a guy talks about his fiancee?

\

"You'd have whored yourself, for cash, because the price was right." - Heh, I was about to mention that old story, he beat me to it.

\

Kind of a meh ending.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 2 years ago

Not again! Another rehash of the 1993 Redford/Moore/Harrelson movie Indecent Proposal! This wasn't even sexy.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 2 years ago

The problem with the 750 word stipulation is often the story is sacrificred or neglected for the sake of the word count. That whats happened here with thos story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoying the consistency and no-nonsense attitude of your main characters.

I honestly care less about where, exactly, a story goes, as long as the characters remain true to themselves.

Credible reconciliation, BTB, quietly walking away, all can work as long as there is no sudden personality change or deus ex machina.

So congratulations for that.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Not bad, but unfortunately, a similar more extensive story with a similar theme posted yesterday here. Kind of stole you thunder. LOL 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In one way, very real. I am not certain that an engaged woman would think about being a whore for $250k unless she already knew her soon to be husband didn't care at all. But taking it as written I agree with the outcome. If he wanted to marry a whore he would have found a whore. Better to find out now that you disagree with something that is very important and break it off rather than have the doubts going forward. I mean if she feels that way now, what about her bachelorette party or a girls night out? To her, it is meaningless sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"My God, John, you're treating this opportunity in such black and white terms."

Because the issue is black and white. You either believe and hold to the idea of fidelity or you don't. Otherwise, you're just faithful when you feel like it and are free to fuck around when the right opportunity comes around.

All relationships should have established and agreed upon relationship boundaries including "deal breakers" that will end the relationship if broken.

GerMagGerMagabout 2 years ago

Exactly how I would have reacted. Most likely I would have said, bye bye and walked away without discusion. But that would not even come to 100 words 😀

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 2 years ago

Women have always been more practical than men when it comes to sex. Lisa said, "Why is this different from the four guys I've slept with prior to dating you? He's not going to break my pussy, or diminish my love for you." John was obviously able to get past the fact she wasn't a virgin when he met her, which raises the obvious question: what, in a practical sense, would he have to lose in this case?

I get it: most of the commenters here would say that he lost trust, but this is something in which trust is not betrayed; he knew all about this in advance. Her pussy would not be broken.

What it really is a case of is that John, and so many men in real life, would see her as having had her pussy, HIS pussy, ruined! Think of all of the stories here in which the cheated on husband refuses to ever fuck his wife again, as though her pussy is somehow tainted, even though he had fucked her after she had cheated but before he found out, and never noticed anything different.

Many readers will see John as being strong and noble, but, to me, he is depicted as weak and insecure.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

An old theme, but as an engaged rather than married couple. While that difference is insignificant to some, it made a huge difference in how he could deal with his girl’s prostitution. Just imagine the same circumstances except they are at the resort celebrating their 5th anniversary and have two very young kids home with grandma. If she wants the deal, what the fuck can he do to stop her? Divorce her and try to keep the kids? Never going to happen, even if she is now a prostitute. At least there may be some financial benefit in that her fee may reduce what he has to pay her.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

It was interesting and offers different opinions. I would say no, but Lisa should have said yes.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

This is a popular theme here. I wonder how often it happens in real life? I suspect that mutual lust is a far more common motivation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wonder how she’d react if he used half that money to hire escorts and told her, “ it’s just meaningless sex. I’ve had partners before we were dating. Why should it matter?”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

why would he even be arguing with her about when she said she wanted to do it that was the time to get up and walk out as he said she would whore herself out later for something else like a promotion or a raise

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

She belongs to the streets...

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

And now? So you told it in 750 words. But I hope you don't think that this story was any good or better than the others, do you? 2*!!!

Prince020402Prince020402about 2 years ago

Old theme but well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not bad. Not bad at all.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

750 does not swing this way.

FTDS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Some people have different ideas on fidelity. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not bad.

Heck, he should have done her a favor told her to go ahead and get that whoring money all for herself. While he immediately got get started on finding a better future wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

paid to fuck a strange man , we have a name for that type of woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For a 750 word story about a well-known scenario you kept things pretty short and sweet. I liked that John manned his gun amid the shot and shell he received from Lisa. John's recognition that money is not a cure-all for a relationship and his view of Lisa's self worth was higher than the value she placed on herself was nice. Sometimes we men can seem lackadaisical regarding our relationship with our women but I don't think women really get how men feel in the deep. John revealed this to Lisa by his insistence that he would rather be apart from her, rather than be party to converting her to a whore. 5🌟 For John and all the real men like him! - TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was there a story?

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

John just missed a bullet. A whore is a whore and he barely escaped a life of pain. If he was smart John would have told the dude $150k up front to his bank account, then went home as soon as the door hit the whore in the ass on her way to meet her dude. She couldn't bitch if she got the rest of the money. What could she do, out herself as a prostitute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dude should have let her go to the hotel, then split the cash as he kicked her on the streets where she belonged.

MonsieurXMonsieurXabout 2 years ago

She got no sex. He got no money. We got no story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm thinking, since the relationship was over anyway, she shoulda gone ahead. That's pretty good pay for any sex worker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Just_Words

JW asked how often does this scenario happen. I would say not often. Most who would step out on their SO would just do it and do it secretly. This one, the scumbag approached the couple. So secrecy could not be done.

Quarter a million for some booty? I don't think so. Scumbag was starting something. He could get a high priced Call Girl for a lot less. Plus who is to say GF would be paid in the end? What is she going to do, call the cops if he reneges to pay the full amount?

I remember hearing on the news that a guy calling the cops because of the low quality of the drugs he bought from the dealer. Needless to say the idiot himself got arrested. It's the risk one assumes when engaging in a nefarious business deal.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

'We've established that madam, now we're simply negotiating price". Pretty much sums up my thoughts on these situations and his analogy about her fucking a future boss for a promotion makes it as about as clear as it needs to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ReedRichards Lit's Manwhore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked the idea of getting the 50K up front and then leaving her when she goes to fuck the dude.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

Yep money issues are the worst. Especially financially hardship over a given period of time.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Reed, the point is, the guys she fucked before, were just that, BEFORE. The same guys that he doesn't care about now, he'd care plenty if she fucked them now.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Well you've earned the disdain of the wimps with this one.

The normal folks clearly find this to be a decent and to the point, story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ReedRichards is exactly the reason our world is filled with lawyers to write ironclad contracts. A personal promise, vow, commitment, or handshake agreement means nothing to him. Morals, integrity, promises be damned if you tell your fiancé you're going to fuck a man for $250,000 it's quite OK. Men like him will sale their mothers for 30 pieces of silver if there's going to be some self gratification for themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Anyone that still doesn't believe that women give/sell their love and sex for money and security from a man is just incapable of understanding human nature since the beginning of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My first thought was that she should tell the old guy to wire the money to her new business account and he should find another girlfriend.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Santa Claus is looking for Lisa

He's going around saying ho ho ho

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tell her it's a great idea. After she fucks him, take half the money and dump her.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

No story here, just a beginning.

No middle not even an ending.

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would had let her go and take half of the $$$ and end the relationship. ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A sequel would be good if she accepts and then returns to find her fiance is gone

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Done well for a short story. Always good to find out what your marrying before tying the knot. If you really think about it before getting married prospective spouces should vet each other to make sure there is no history that might result in a shortened union to become one.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Reed,

I'm sure you're right. What's your wife's cell number?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

John dodged a huge bullet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why wouldn't she do it? Obviously she and John are holding widely different beliefs that would eventually scuttle their relationship. This way she gets laid, gets paid mucho bucks, and can find someone more compatible.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 2 years agoAuthor

@ReedRichards "What it really is a case of is that John, and so many men in real life, would see her as having had her pussy, HIS pussy, ruined! Think of all of the stories here in which the cheated on husband refuses to ever fuck his wife again, as though her pussy is somehow tainted, even though he had fucked her after she had cheated but before he found out, and never noticed anything different.

Many readers will see John as being strong and noble, but, to me, he is depicted as weak and insecure."

I disagree. She's right; pussy won't be broken. What's broken is the preliminary "contract" they've been fleshing out while dating and engaged, and this lucrative offer has exposed some contract terms that they'd never before encountered. I suspect they'd discussed fidelity in vague terms, and $250,000 put a very different spin on it for her. Neither pussy nor cock is "tainted" by sex with others, but relationships and one's ability to trust certainly can be decimated. With trust now blown, would one continue contract negotiations with this new knowledge? You seem to say that as long as she discloses her intentions in advance, then he should be OK with her occasional whoring for worthwhile payoffs. She may find a hubby that feels the same, but John does not.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

I never will understand the hang-up many men have about something like this. One offs like this are just sex, not love.

I would have told her to go for it, and the dirty details afterward would have ramped up our sex lives even more, as well as the bank account.

I will give you 5 stars for it being well written, but do not like how the scenario went down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good ... would like to see a more in depth version with more background on John and Lisa ( the wannabe Whore). Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh, dear, Mr. MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK!!!!!!!!!!! has struck again. Poor fellow, this can't be good for his blood pressure.

@Schwanze1: After RR gives you his wife's cell number, will you post it here in a comment, or keep it to yourself?

More seriously, I don't know if this situation with its ramifications can be handled well in 750 words. I do know that this author didn't do it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 2 years ago

Three stars, because it was just following an old, tired script. Not bad, but just ‘blahhh!’

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Great story that ended as it should have, as he could not trust her in any way going forward. Reed, you’ve come through with your usual type comment. How many times in your long marriage have you allowed Mrs. Richards to have a fling with another man, just so she returns her slightly “used” pussy to you unbroken but definitely tainted by the other man?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

Ha, ha.

What ReedRichards doesn't understand,

this isn't about the girlfriends pussy being used.

This is about the guy's interest

in fucking a whore's pussy.

I'm all for it, if the whore is a stranger.

But if it's a girlfriend or a wife,

no thanks!

Some of us do have limits.

I liked the story.

But it was limited.

Thanks for your effort HikingTru.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know lots of really hot woman have stripped at high end top less bars , made thousands a night and accepted some extra hook ups for money . One who I knew well was smart , sweet and a great personality but for 6-7 years she did this through college and a couple years after getting started in life . No long term boyfriends but dated a few . All but two when told what she did dumped her . The other 2 got off on it . She when she stopped finial had a great career, good education and a house with two rentals in it so she lived with no rent . The perfect catch and was dating as she said a great guy from her company for a year what at Christmas time said they were going to his best friends house for drinks. Turned out she knew the guy well and he was one who paid big bucks to fuck her a few times . Awkward night and she had to tell him . That night she told him how much she loved him but if they were going to the next level she wanted to talk past and for both to know all. He was good with the stripper years before him , he unterstood why but the paid sex on occasion he was really put off . Then she told him his friend was one and. He was with him 4 times. He kissed her hug her then got up and said goodbye. He couldn’t live with his possible best man having paid to fuck his past stripper/ hooker wife . He loved her but couldn’t do it .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I immediately thought of the movie “indecent proposal” with Woody Harrelson and Demi Moore. But this has an interesting twist. 3 stars as it is not new.

moralcompassmoralcompassabout 2 years ago

Once again, after enjoying a story, I often read several of the comments. I noticed a couple of commentators reprimanding ReedRichards comments, so I had to find his comment as he and I often differ in option. I believe I have rebuked his comments on various stories on more than one occasion.

ReedRichards raises the question, and I quote him, “what, in a practical sense, would he have to lose in this case?” ReedRichards written comprehension skills must be minimal if he raises this question.

It is called SELF RESPECT ReedRichards, that is what he has to lose. But I suppose if you don’t have any, the concept of losing is hard to understand.

sf_operative63sf_operative63about 2 years ago

At last... a guy that has a set of balla!!!

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Writer did a nice job to cut to the chase. Not so much the whore and price angle but the sex for a promotion. Also why didn't the girl just do it. She had to know after the discussion that the idea already put doubt in his mind. Finally, she wasn't very smart in her approach. Think he dodged a bullet in many ways.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It would hurt but better to know before rather than after!

somewhere east of Omaha

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

John should have only stated his position ONCE, then let Lisa become a whore. As the 'trust' was NOW damaged by her willingness to do this act.

\

John articulated his position, distinctly, now let Lisa do her 24hrs. she is no longer worth $250K. John either goes to a new hotel for HIS vacation or fly's home to gather his property and seek HIS new residence. NO divorce, NO 50/50, NO kids - just an education for John to learn from while taking a deep deep breath of fresh air.

\

Lisa is in control of her body, life, heart, and principals. John got a cheap early lesson as to who Lisa really WAS. Lust blinds many a man to true love.

\

6*, Hooyah, Salutes....

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
ReedRichards Is Correct

It's not about Trust - she both openly discussed the proposition with her fiance AND respected his wish to decline the offer. The underlying problem is the two MCs clearly have different views on Fidelity. That difference leads to a dissolution of the relationship. Wise move, buddy.

An observed problem with the 750 stories: dialog is a word count hog. There is no room for any repetition in a discussion. I wonder if there was any subsequent discussion when the couple returned from their vacation.

Nicely done, HikingThru.

Keep 'em comin'!

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

The ending is flat. There's no angst between them. She apparently isn't all that upset that the relationship ended. He isn't but should be telling everyone why he broke off the engagement. In fact, he should have packed his bag and headed home on the first flight home.

The realistic ending should be: "Fine! I can't believe you'd pass up $250K, but so be it. I'll call and turn him down."

"Don't bother, go ahead and fuck him. While your making money on your back, I'll pack, head home and vacate our apartment. Oh, and by the way, I'd like the engagement ring back. You don't deserve it and I don't want you wearing it while your whoring yourself out with Mr. Scumbag. I'm outa here."

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Never been fan of 750 word stories

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 1 year ago
Very boring

Sorry but the story did nothing for me other than put me to sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Screwed up buddy. Say yes. Take the money and run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Feels unfinished. Especially since at the end you added that he was glad he learned about her before he married her. Does that mean he didn't in the end? What?

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 1 year ago

Too short..needs to be finished .

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hiked right through this nonsense.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

4.5 stars. Could have been an easy 5 if he wasn't painted as a complete wimpy moron who had to wait till "their relationship sputtered and eventually fell apart shortly after returning home", instead of dumping her whore-aspiring ass immediately. Actually, shouldn't insult whores. THEY are honest and you know she's a pro before getting involved with the prostitute. You may want to do so or not, but at least there's no mis-representation.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

@earlier commenters - um... did you actually, like **read** the story? How it ended was crystal clear stated by the author:

> "their relationship sputtered and eventually fell apart shortly after returning home"

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

naw, if the whore is that keen take the cash upfront, stash it in a local bank and flee the island with her passport

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

They later discovered in a news cast that the "buyer" was actually a seller of human cargo to rich pimps who sold the women as slaves to out of country buyers..

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 1 month ago

@Lujon2019 he could have taken the cash and left (and probably should have) as but you don't need a passport to go to Puerto Rico.

kirei8kirei8about 1 month ago

John received the 50k and taped Lisa happily leaving with her lover. John left for home within the hour. Lisa was never heard from again. John was cleared of any wrongdoing and married a wonderful girl who knew the definition of fidelity.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 month ago

She should have taken the money once it was clear that he was insulting her! The relationship is toast; might as well have some fun and get paid for it. John should have also been up front and wished her well and told her that they were done, so she could do as she pleased. Oh well. St John gets to claim some high ground he has not earned because he wanted his cake and to eat it as well…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice one! Glad she decided not to be a prostitute, that time. He dodged a bullet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous