James's Descent Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nathan went ahead to do what the creator planned, his club at the ready, the man sprinting forward to close the distance with weapon raised. He did get one stick of dynamite thrown in his direction, but he was out of the blast area before it went off. One good strike to the center mass took the wind out of this guy. As predicted... they'd have to resort to unarmed attacks. The girls had a harder time landing strikes because they were trying harder to not hit Nathan by accident... and still one of Pam's shots grazed his left arm. That was not the extent of the damage as those meaty arms were not just for show, hardened hoof-hands striking him pretty hard, almost cracking a rib and in the most surprising move, the enemy even went for a bite of Nathan's right shoulder before he could land one more hit to take the pig man out. Not the cleanest battle, but James had seen worse. MUCH worse. Some people lost limbs to those damned explosives even when wearing really good armor.

And the spot of land became peaceful again. Weapons were returned to their straps and the three gathered beside the body. None of them had ever actually killed a person. Nathan killed animals, but it was not the same. It felt a bit jarring that they would do this a lot. The mother was much more worried about the visible wounds on the boy. He was not bleeding.... Not too hard, but she could see how the man was slowed down and in pain.

"You're hurt. Come on... let's patch you up. Pam, you can... get him inside for... what we'll do after." She still couldn't say that other part easily. Using enemies like this. Hopefully, she will get used to it.

There was a small joy to be found in that dead body's pockets. Other than the stack of dynamite that they were not going to use... and possibly sell off, the pigskin had a couple of bottles of a golden fluid in their pockets. No, it was not piss, but mead. Anna found that more useful to her patch job of Nathan's wounds. She had a brief stint as a healer's assistant and could mend people decently. She even liked it a bit, mostly because it hit on her nurturing nature.

At first, Pam might consider the man's clothes to be worth using, but a brief look at what was left after death changed her mind. People did not die with decency. She would rather salvage the cloth from those pants... the one that was not soiled by a dead man's bowel eviction. Funnily enough, while she did have a bit of eagerness to play with crap that might result from her family's fresh deposits... preferably before it hit anything else that was not a person... this still disgusted her. It had no... Connection. It was just shit. Leftover, unusable scraps of cloth were used by the mother to bandage Nathan, covering the wounds and giving something to ease the pain of the internal ones. He could sit out on any activities until he got better. The other good news was that those fast-growing nanites also made healing go a good bit faster. He'd be right in a day rather than a week.

"Gonna be more. I should set us some defenses out front."

Another show of what their life was like now. Fighting was something to be done by guards or soldiers... but now they would have to do that. And with so many enemies, the base really would be a blessing once it was complete.

At least those bottles would give them a nice celebration to have later... after which they could engage in a drunken fuck.

*

Two days later, the settlement was looking much better. Their resident builder had barely a break, other than night-time fun with the family. Pami was proud of all her work... it was basic, still lacking in a lot of things they might want... but it was shaping up into more than their old house. The girl took a moment to admire her work while nature called and she pulled that outfit up to crouch down over one of the garden plots, this time not as iffy about her bathroom break. By now, they had shared everything. Even engaging in number two.

Once the garden was fully planted, Anna moved to do the wood chopping, getting her girl fresh material to keep building. Nathan moved on to mining, mostly cleaning out any exposed deposits of compacted steel... most of it being the remnants of those who have tried to start civilization in this spot and failed... or meteorite strikes. Their mother had an abundance of meat to fix up meals, now able to make even more as those could just be stuffed in the freezing storehouse. They were kinda getting sick of yak meat, but not enough to touch the... product... of that one raider. Anna had never butchered a person before and it was not easy. They agreed that there was no desperation going to warrant using that... but someone might want it... or they might use it for other things. Once they had some veggies grown she might make it into animal kibble. The skin was not to be used for any outfits they would wear... human leather was horrible for most to even consider wearing... and it was very poor at giving any protection. And yet traders still bought hats made of the stuff.

And the garden... they had four sections, each with one function. Two as big as their initial room would grow corn and potatoes, the staple of any diet here, one that was half the size would grow cotton, and two others that were only a quarter of that size would grow medicinal plants and... tobacco. Because James liked his cigarettes. Much better than weed, in his opinion. Despite the huge mood boost, it made people almost incompetent, meanwhile, tobacco gave smaller boosts and an actual increase in productivity. Both led to lung cancer, so there was no argument there. No, weed did not have some magical, healing properties or such.

Nathan had kept up with the hunting once he got better. They were running out of animals to hunt, having to wait until more showed up on their property. The good news was that they were not fearing starvation with such huge stocks of meat. Soon would they even have a harvest going and have some more variety in there. The brother would pass Pam as she was having her bowel movement and much-needed piss, a look aimed at where the action happening while the girl gave him another playful tongue stuck out. Their sexual interactions have gone no further than oral... and it was very different from what her mother was getting. Jealousy was not even approaching them.

Next to the initial room, now called the workroom, a new section was built with separate rooms for each. They were practically cramped, but having their own space felt a bit better. Anna and Nathan had gone to sleeping together... and doing more than sleeping in that bed. They did not forget to give Pam some attention as well. For now, they were unaware of her pregnancy, though the woman had felt a lot hungrier as of late, eating almost twice as much as she used to. That would tip them off in a couple of days. And next to that... a guest bunkhouse and dining room. For whatever reason, people wanted to visit their colony, though they should set up beds for them. This could lead to some trading of whatever they had extra and even selling off their food supplies one meal at a time.

Pam felt proud... she had raised this by herself. Yeah, the stuff out here made it much easier than it used to be, but it was still quite the task. The next step was to build a proper bathroom and toilet... as fun as it was to go outside and bathe in the pond, it would be HELL once the cold came. Heated water and a nice throne to shit on. She'd have to dig something similar to a septic tank and set up something like a hatch to block the smell from going through, just letting the waste down when it needed to. Maybe they could use that later or grow beyond it before it filled up. No one was looking forward to having to empty it.

Bathroom break complete, the girl rose to wipe herself clean... with her hand. After several tries, it looked like crap was safe for consumption, as was the other waste, but it really gave nothing and would go through you quickly. A negligible taste here was not much, but taking an entire stool's worth would essentially cause diarrhea later when it came out much less solid. She licked her hand clean before digging in for more, stopping once there was nothing left.

Their new life was strange but tolerable... and even more pleasant at times than before.

Time to go finish up the guest room so they can entertain some people here. It would be odd to have others around... others that might judge them on their practices.... But this was THEIR home and if they decide to fuck around it casually... that was their way. Like the rest could come and demand their beliefs be respected and then go and shame them... no mercy. They'd get as much respect as they gave.

She was actually eager to do some naughty things with an audience.

*

With guests, Anna had a new job... entertaining them. Not a too pressing job, just have a chat and make them feel welcome. The presence of people in their base, even as there would be no more than three guests at one time for now.... Was a new challenge.

Before, they felt much more comfortable engaging in the free sex and casual bathroom breaks around this spot. They were in their own little world, away from everyone else and their judgment. Now either they kept it private or had some uncomfortable glances. It was like a test of faith. She did not falter.

While the guests complained a deal about having no private toilets and practically ran out of the base to be out in the wild, away from any possible sight of their execution of bodily needs, the astorians just went up to the planted earth and casually pulled those outfits up, exposing ass and genitals with no shame while letting go. Some watched out of a thirst for anything approaching sex, giving the woman and her daughter looks like they were hungry animals. Just a bit of ass and these guys went nuts. She found their situation sad... especially because they did not want to engage in some casual sex out of a hundred fears.

That was her conclusion. These were sad people who could not enjoy a freedom such as theirs. The looks stopped being so unpleasant, even as some were giving disgusted looks rather than thirsty ones. She started to expose herself almost intentionally as if showing how free she was and how they were holding themselves back due to the conditioning they had. Few would risk doing as they did... fearing the judgment of their peers. Only the lone guest might be so brave.

And so would the woman end up in conversation with one of their guests who was... less interested in even being polite. A woman from the Balkan States... also known as the civil outlander union. Relatively friendly conversation would lead to the subject of THAT.

"You poor thing must be brainwashed by that man." The comment was aimed at Anna.

"Why do you think so? If anything, I am the one directing them how to act."

"Wait, YOU are telling them to do this? You're... throwing away so much?"

"I think, rather, that we are gaining something. But what do you think I am throwing away?"

"Pfeh... did they teach you nothing? Here you are giving them for free what others could be paid a fortune to get even a glimpse of. You could make that man lick your feet just for a whiff of pussy, or you could sit around while they worked and you just had to give them the occasional night... so much you could do and you don't."

Anna gave a wide smile. A proud smile.

"Actually, I do know that I could do that. I just don't. And I get something you don't even know you could have. You think I'm losing respect, you think my man doesn't work for me his hardest? Try again. You think he's not wrapped around my finger because I'm giving him freely what you hold ransom? Oh... I guarantee Nathan would do for me more than any man you could ever wed do for you. And he's happier... and that's what I want to see. If you look at a man and see only some slave or source of money.... You're pathetic."

The woman got angrier as things went. What came out was only a stream of insults before she stormed off. Not a good visit, but not like she was going to care. She was not going to bend over backward to please these people. The racket was heard by someone nearby... and Nathan soon showed up to see if his mother needed some... comfort. Not of the sexual kind.

"You... okay? That looked rough."

"Yes. But I do love the concern. Don't worry... I'm feeling... proud." A pause as she was concerned over one thing. "Do you think I am getting a bit too zealous, proud... so on... so sure in my way that I won't listen to others?"

"Did you just say ours were better or did you have reasons to show why?"

He was also getting good at this questioning thing.

"Reasons." A smile. "Okay, guess I'm not becoming like our shepherds."

"Good."

Not a lot of idea how to continue the conversation. Nathan considered going back to what he was doing. The woman looked at him with a tinge of amusement... he had not commented on THAT one bit. Did he not even notice? No, men were a bit blind at times. Best to just tell him.

"Nathan, I am pregnant. And you're the only one who could have done it."

The look on his face became one of panic. For a second he felt like he did something wrong, old instincts coming around... threats of having to marry a woman, or in this case a scandal of impregnating his own damn mother. Anna let that happen for just a few seconds, feeling even more amused because this should be a joyous occasion and here the man looks like he's having a heart attack. Her hand made contact with his shoulder... a bit forceful, more to snap him out of it.

"You look like you're shitting your pants. And I'd notice if that was happening. Why the fear?"

"I just... don't know what to do!"

"We do what we've been doing so far."

"But we'll need... food, bed... someone to help you through it. I don't know how to deliver a baby! Don't think Pam knows either."

"I can guide you through it. And we have plenty of those. Not like the baby will need much. They'll just suck on my tits for a while."

"While you're...." He couldn't say it.

"Hm. Good point. Better leave some written instructions. Good thing we have heated water now. But we'll be fine. Stop worrying."

Heated water on a technicality... they had water and they had fire and could warm it over it... but that was not like having a boiler.

"I just... never been here before."

"Well, I have. Twice." A smirk to him. "Not looking forward to it, but that's how life happens. You should be happy. Especially since women get a deal more horny when pregnant. Funny how that happens. We get the desire to fuck now that it pretty much won't do anything besides fun."

"Maybe it's from the safety that you won't get any more pregnant?"

"Or maybe I can. Push out an entire litter." A chuckle. She wished not to. "We'll be fine."

She reached forward for a hug... one that was fit more for lovers than family. Nathan noticed that and let his hands wander to take a feel of that ass through the outfit, that gesture making the woman give flirty eyes again before going for a kiss with plenty of tongue. There was real passion between them... the man practically pushed her against the wall, tempted to fuck her right here. He knew his mother would allow it... and want it.

Their coupling did not lead to sex... but it would foretell some fun later. Just in an hour. There were still some doubts within Anna... doubts which the man felt through this silent communication. He set back and looked at her with a degree of concern, asking the question with eyes alone. The woman let her last worry come out.

"Nathan... do you think there is an outsider to want us to behave like this... or are these just directions made by someone with a lot of perversions?"

"Why not both? Sounds like the outsider might be pretty perverted. But... I don't know. I mean... we're told that gods exist and that they work through us, but I never saw something to really show me they exist."

"Would you like there to be an outsider?"

"I think what you mean is if we'd want to have them exist so we can feel that we're not just perverts led astray."

A pause from her. She was not regaining that smile yet.

"Are you happy?"

"I have a woman like I could barely dream about, one that lets me have sex with any others... and there can be others..." Beat. "Uh... just to be sure, I CAN do that with others... I mean, I don't know if Pam really counts."

That made her laugh a bit.

"She does... and yes. As long as I can as well. But we stay loyal. No leaving my bed cold for someone else, hm?"

"No, ma'am." Pause. "Uh... same for you."

"Of course." She saw that ounce of uncertainty in him saying that. "Yes, that is fair of you to ask. As a lover, I should behave. Don't be afraid to tell your mother off when she does something bad... Question everything."

"Still feels like I'm not exactly... respecting you."

"If respect means you give me priority over reality, no one should give that. You are respecting me... and if someone wants more they are a horrible person." And back to the question. "But do you wish there to be an outsider?"

"I... kinda would like to know there is a god out there to watch over us. If gods exist."

"It might sound like zealotry, but I wish them to exist so I feel much more... emboldened. And someone to thank for this. We could not have been here without them and their way. I think... at times... that we might not have survived the first day without them."

Very certainly not. James had directed them to perfection.

"Then... maybe if we do well enough... the outsider might show himself to us."

"Or herself... or... well, whatever they are. Just to tell me I am right. Just to see if they are as noble as I imagine them." A pause. "I do wish that they would show me a sign."

Maybe they will see one... But not today. Their subjects ran out and comfort was achieved. Both could return to their tasks and look forward to the evening. Pam could hear them from across the hall. She'd join once they got their five minutes of one-on-one time.

*

Good work for the few days so far, or so James thought. Basic needs were met, babies were on the way... and now they could focus on advancement. Time to start mining out the mountain... focus on the essentials first. The man spent a good ten minutes laying out the orders to carve out the bedrooms in the base, the proper workshop, the warehouse, the worship room, the great hall... which was just a mix between dining room and recreation room... freezer, kitchen...

With this bathroom needs mod, he had to change his approach. Now, since he was not going for recruitment, no need for the prison cells, but he should still make a prison bunkhouse to hold them if some mission for it showed up. Oh, and they'll need that to pull genes out of the other xenotypes. This new space will let him put a bathroom right next to the great hall... no, two bathrooms. One for the prude guests who want stalls and such, one for his uninhibited colonists who can just go together. That's where he'll also put the bath. One more bathroom next to the bedrooms and later one more next to the anima tree room.

His eyes were having difficulty staying open and yawns kept coming out of his mouth. It was almost three a.m. As much as he could do this with half a brain, it was time to sleep. One more smoke and bedtime. He'd leave the game running, mostly because he did not want to spend another half an hour waiting for it to start up. The colony could stay on pause, though he'd drop a save. Lower the volume to not disturb his sleep and... there. Time to step outside again.

Some might say he was using the war crime simulator in a wrong way. That he should give the pawns only as much as they needed to not have mental breaks, just enough to keep things going. But he was not like that. He had made bases where people practically lived in luxury and none were left behind. True, he was selective with the recruitment to not have those unpleasant people around, but he was not the kind of guy to mistreat his pawns... because they were more efficient when happy. It might be boring, but it was effective.