Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 33 Pt. 02 - Lights Out

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um, nothing. Just, you're so nonchalant, Jamie! Ben, I could understand, being an EMT, but wow!" Hailey slowly leaned across Ben and kissed me on the cheek. "Well done, you."

"Thanks, Hails. Hey Lucas, beer please!"

"Yeah, yeah - I'm coming. Can I get you anything, Hailey? Other than getting that baby out of you, honey?"

Hailey waved her hand at Lucas. "The last two weeks are the worst. I just can't get comfortable at all."

"Here, let me rub your back and shoulders for a bit. You'll feel so much better."

"No-no! Get away from that, Lucas. That's how this all started." Hailey's hands were flapping around like she was swatting bugs.

"Sorry to tell you, Hailey, but back rubs don't get you pregnant... it's when you-"

"JAMES! There are children around."

"Jeez, Mom. I was gonna say when you share a coffee cup." I said with a cheeky smirk to add to the delivery. "But anyways, I'd be worried. Lucas has the clucky 'want a coffee', wink-wink, look going on, holding Alex there."

"Don't bother. He's already saying, 'just one more, just one more, honey'," she replied, with a sense of resignation to her face. "It's gonna happen, I'm sure."

"Buy a new flatscreen, Lucas. Go dirt bike riding with Jamie. Really, leave the girl alone," Ben said. "Come on, honey. I'll give you a back and neck massage. You guys have three now anyways, Lucas. Well, you will in about five minutes. Look at your wife: she's got the whole 'burst out of me' thing going on."

I couldn't help myself, "Hey, Benny boy..."

Ben looked at me with that 'oh, this is gonna be good look.' "Yes Skip."

If Lucas and Hailey have a fourth child, can we too, pleaaaase," I offered with a look resembling Puss-in-boots, big eyes and all.

He laughed, but then shocked the pants off me almost. "I think five is a nice number."

All of us turned and looked at Ben speechless. He just shrugged his shoulders. "Why not, hey?"

I could feel the smile wrap around my face like dawn breaking. "Fuck yeah!" I shouted with a little fist pump. "Love you, Benjamin." We sat there for a few silent moments just looking into each other's eyes. "Damn - what did I do right to deserve-land this guy." I gently kissed my amazing husband.

"Ok, so..." Returning to the here and now, I leaned toward Lucas. "Hey," I whispered in his ear. "Did you tell Hailey about when we were kids and gave each other a hand job?"

Lucas looked at me with a smile. "Why? You wanna go again? You know I'm bigger."

"You are not." I said, laughing a little. "They're the same." We both laughed.

"True-No I haven't. Not for any reason... just didn't. Wait up. Hey, Hailey-honey."

She turned her head, breaking her conversation with Ben.

"Yeah?"

"Jamie and I gave each other hand jobs," he offered without emotion, rather matter of factly.

"Today? When did you find the time?" she smiled.

I was surprised at her comeback, but this is Hailey. She's got us worked out, totally... so had Ben to be honest.

"No, not today. When we were teenagers." Lucas looked at me to confirm. I nodded.

"Why are you telling me? You were kids experimenting, although teenagers for you too could be, you know," she continued, waving her hands, "last week."

"Nah! Jamie told Ben. I didn't want you to be left out, is all."

"I'm surprised you two haven't done more, really," she said with eyebrows raised. "But if you want to put on a little live-action porn show for Ben and me, I'm good for it. Ben, you were clearly hot for it before, with the helicopter show and all. " He just smiled an almost uncomfortable smile and shrugged his shoulders. My face felt like it was about to instantly ignite.

"Maybe for your birthday we can," Lucas replied in that dirty voice he's got going, and doing that sexy nodding thing he does... I'll have to remember that one.

"Careful, might hold you to it." Blowing him/us a kiss, she turned back to Ben and started talking.

"Thanks, Ben. Sure you don't want to swap with me? I'm sure those two would be happy with each other." Hailey looked between Jamie and Lucas, smiling and shaking her head.

"Look at that - they've handed the baby to Grammy Kate, and now are showing the kids how to play wrestle each other on the lawn."

Mom had returned and taken Alex. She'd only arrived back a couple of days ago from taking the kids to see family and all. Said she had months of loving to catch up on. I'll never forget the look on her face when I face-timed her, saying Alex had arrived.

"I know, but we love them, right," she said, looking back at her husband and his crazy cousin.

"That porn show for your birthday might be fun to watch, Hails - get our very own lap dances!" At that we both laughed.

"Does that feel a bit better, Hailey?" Ben asked working his magic on her. You could see her visibly relax.

"Oh god, yes, Ben! Years of EMT work and physiotherapy study have given you talents that are just out of this world. Please don't stop."

..o0o..

"Hey, look at our adult children: the kids have spotted them wrestling on the lawn -- obviously, too much of an opportunity to pass up." Both men were now covered with a blanket of arms and legs, with enough squealing and laughter to wake the dead.

"So, Adam and Julie are going fantastically. Jamie said they've rented a fully decked out house in Waco for a couple of months while Adam signs off some development co-project up there. Jamie was saying he's super excited to see them. Jules, Adam and the kids are due tomorrow, just in time for the 4th of July, plus our friends from Frankfurt, Germany, are flying in again. Haven't seen them since Ava and Asher were born."

"Oh, wow! How are Peter, Mia, Mitt and Lana? It's amazing that you guys stayed friends from such a chance meeting, right?"

"Yeah, I know. They didn't even know that Jamie and I broke up for a while back then, but it's been so great to see them every few years since all great. Mitt and Lina have two little girls now. Peter and Mia are expecting their first in later November - around Thanksgiving."

"Just have to say, Ben, best bit of matchmaking from your husband ever with Adam and Julie. I remember Lucas saying Adam had been Jamie's friend since grade school or something?"

"Yeah, they go way back. Funny though - Jamie didn't originally set out to matchmake. He wanted Julie to have somewhere to stay after she and Mason separated. At the same time, he was buying a place from Adam, and the rest is..."

"A little family, hahaha."

"Yes. Oh, too funny, ma'am."

"Hey - don't 'ma'am' me! We're the same age. Anyways, you're gonna be busy over the next few days, with July 4th here, right."

"Yep. All of my family and Jamie's will be here - Adam, Julie and the kids - Stephanie, Todd, and Logan, also."

"Every time Jamie Facetimes with the family and friends in Australia, someone else has another baby on the way. Oh wait, did Lucas tell you?"

"No, what?"

"Jamie came in the other night saying he couldn't believe it: Mason and his partner are expecting a baby too?"

"My god, Ben, no way! Lucas doesn't know yet. He hasn't told me."

"Yep, just couldn't believe it. Although my husband can be an airhead sometimes, he's not going to forget that. I doubt that Jamie hasn't told Lucas - those too have zero secrets. While we're gossiping, Hails... Kate let it slip that Stephanie and Todd are expecting a surprise second."

"What! The 'surprise' being the word. Isn't Logan only seven months old?" Hailey's face was full of surprise.

"Yeah. Apparently, he was only 16 weeks when it happened." Ben smiled, "Maybe someone had a back rub too, haha."

Hailey ignored Ben's comment. "What the hell is in the water with this family? Kids are popping up everywhere".

"You should have seen Jamie's face - he was just over the moon when he heard. He begged his mom to let him call her and congratulate them, to which she was absolutely 'no'! He looked like someone had hit his puppy, such sad eyes. Kate went on to reason that he wasn't even supposed to know and promise her that he had to act like he didn't know when he sees them. I seriously thought he was gonna throw down a full hissy fit, but I finally talked him down. They're coming over from Pearl as well. I think they're going to make the big announcement, here on the 4th." Hailey's face changed - she was clearly thinking about something, a time or place maybe.

"Ben, was that Tuesday?" Hailey was intensely staring across the yard to her husband.

"Yeah, it was... Jamie couldn't stop talking about it after his shift. Why?"

"Lucas got a call from Jamie, late," she replied, stopping and tapping her finger against her chin. "Lucas ducked into the back room. There were a few 'no ways' and 'my god's' going on. Then he walked in as if nothing happened. When I asked him, he said that 'Jamie was something, something' and quietly walked away, trying not to draw attention to himself. Didn't work though, ha."

Ben rolled his eyes, half laughing. "My god those two will never change, but they're not fooling anyone, right, and they can't see it, Hailey!"

"Would we want them to change? Nope! Ohhh... you are a god at rubbing my sore body. Thank you."

..o0o..

"Okay guys, I'm gonna fight my way through this crowd of kids and find Ben and Hailey before they hatch some plan. Lucas, those two are just plain dangerous together alone for too long."

Lucas nodded in agreement while trying to free himself from the pile of small kids that were hanging off him. "Yeah, hold up. Excuse me, Ava, sweetheart - I've got to go with your papa for a bit. You go attack Jet and Daisy. They're hiding inside, playing on the PlayStation." With that, all four ran off looking for their older cousins. "My work is done," said Lucas, fake dusting off his hands. "Come on, Jamie. Let's go before all those kids come charging out, surrounding us, and it becomes impassable."

"Yeah it will be nice to have loads of people here for the 4th. Dad always loved it and Australia Day." I smiled, thinking about some of the huge parties we'd had over the years. It was good for us kids, too - opportunities a'plenty to sneak off with some booze, and we did.

Stopping for a moment, Lucas gently grabbed my arm. "Do you still miss him, Jamie?"

"Yep, every day." I turned to face him. "I often find myself talking to him out loud. Weird, right? But I do."

"Not weird at all. Shit, not weirder than other stuff we've done and still do, but I get it - I miss Uncle Rob, too."

"Thanks, mate." For a moment, we both weren't goofing around. The sincere look on Lucas' face was evident. We shared a hug.

"Hey, Uncle Rob always held a special place in my heart. He was the second dad. Dad-Reid misses him too, and mom. They worry about Aunt Kate, being lonely."

"Mom misses dad. She talks about him every day, says it helps because if we remember him, he's still here with us. So, we talk about him often. I've asked her if she's gonna remarry or see anyone else. Even told her that she didn't need it, my permission, right." Downing a mouthful of beer, I continued, "but if she found someone else, that would be ok with me. She's too young to spend the rest of her days alone or filling her time with the herd of grandkids."

"What'd she say to that?" Lucas inquired.

"Kissed me, thanked me, said that she'll never find someone like dad. But who knows what the future holds? Maybe it could be a friend to share life with. For the moment, she's happy." I shrugged my shoulders.

Lucas grabbed me by the shoulder, pulling me close for a moment. "Can you imagine how he'd be with all this going on - being a grand-dad to this swarm, plus another two on the way?"

"Hey, he would have counted your three also, so nine plus two - he'd love it."

..o0o..

Hey, do you guys wanna stay for dinner? We've got plenty - can do a quick BBQ. I'm sure we can replace anything that's needed for the 4th, hey. I'm going on a last-minute food run tomorrow, according to Mom.

Hailey and Lucas nodded. "Thought we were staying for dinner," Lucas smiled

"Yeah, of course you are." I winked at them both.

I stood up and said, "Ok... going inside to tell mom of our plans. It will either be sweet as, or there will be yelling and I'll come running out the back door, chased by a broom," I laughed.

"Shit, that happened to us both a few times, hey," Lucas started to laugh while still cooing at Alex, "Ohhh... who loves their uncle Luc, hey," as he leaned down and kissed Alex's little hand on his.

Smiling at my cousin, I headed inside. "Mom, Hailey, Lucas..." I stopped mid-sentence. She'd already thought of that and had a platter for me to BBQ, with the food for the kids to the side, "Jamie, cook for the kids first so I can get them all fed, bathed and bedded down, honey, ok? Then cook for us. Tell Ben to come in and grab those salads and cookies I've made too, won't you honey?" She came over to the counter and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Sure Mom, as long as it's-" she held her hand up stopping me. "Thanks, mom," I grabbed the food and headed out the door.

"Wow, that was fast," Ben remarked. "Mom's got it all sorted - fresh cookies, bread rolls and salad inside for you to go grab, Benny-boy. I've got my orders - kids' food first, us after." I smiled at them as I walked to the small gas /propane BBQ I had set up at the end of the hose deck.

"Oh, Hailey - before you ask, you need to just sit there and be beautiful. Lucas, you're going to abduct my/our son, ok? I'ma gonna check your car before you leave, with a thermal scanner."

They both laughed at me hamming it up a little.

After cooking the kids' food, Hailey and I got ours going. Lucas was inside helping mom with Alex and their two kids, while Ben was doing the same.

It was cool just to have some time to chat to Hails. We've always gotten on well - she's the other sister I have after Stephanie.

After stuffing ourselves stupid, we all spread around the outdoor lounge down the yard in various states of food coma. Mom had already taken the kids inside and it was all quiet - just the sound of 'Moana' playing in the theatre room, and yeah, I was gently singing along to some of it... Disney was our thing as kids.

..o0o..

I'd half-fallen asleep when I felt someone grab my arm. "Mom," groggily, I looked up. Noticing that Lucas was asleep with Hailey's head in his lap and every cushion known to man surrounding her, she was sleeping too. Ben's head was tucked into my neck, his mouth must have been open for a bit as there was a little damp spot on my tee. Years back, that would have grossed me out, but nope, I loved this guy and there is nothing he can do that would freak me out.

"Mason just messaged,. He can't make it for the 4th - said he'll catch up with everyone in a few days if he can." She didn't seem surprised, a little disappointed, but not heartbroken or anything.

"Yeah, ok," I was trying my best to be neutral in my answer. "Thanks, Mom."

She leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'm going to turn in for the night. Lucas-Hailey...", she gently rubbed their shoulders, waking them slowly. They both looked up at her half-asleep, "your two little ones are asleep. They can stay over."

"Oh damn! Really, Aunt Kate -- they're asleep? Sorry I/we didn't realise the time," Lucas looked all flustered, while Hailey just smirked at him as she sat up.

"Thanks, Grammy Spence." To that, mom smiled. "I'm sure Zoe, Harper, Asher and Ada would love that. We'll drop over at breakfast, help you cook and take them off your hands." Mom smiled at Hailey, kissing her, then Lucas and Ben, then headed to the house.

"So, who's up for a drink?" Lucas asked, stretching while seated. We all stuck up our hands. Nodding, he walked over to the cooler, but not before doing a fantastic dad impersonation of a loud groan getting his ass out of the deck chair.

"Comfy, hey Luc," I smiled. he shot me back a 'shit yeah' look.

"Ben, did you hear mom? Mason's not coming," I offered.

He just shrugged his shoulders, nodding.

"No surprises there," Hailey offered at just a whisper, but enough for me to hear, just.

The two of them exchanged looks as Lucas appeared with drinks for all. "Here ya go," he said, handing them around. "So," he looked between his wife, my husband, me, then back, "did I miss something?" He inquired looking a little lost.

I frowned a little. "You knew, right?" Looking straight at Ben, who had sat up now.

"What did you mean, Hails, no surprise there? Something go down I don't know about?" My voice stayed calm and level, almost like I'd just asked about an episode of '911 Lone Star.'

"Yes," A stern look appeared all over his face. "Jamie," taking my hand, I had a feeling this was gonna get a whole load of serious in 3 2 1...

"Jamie, ok." Ben railed. I turned to toward him lifting my leg in a half up position on the outdoor lounge we were sharing. "Umm, yeah, I called Mason and we had a little talk.

He hasn't apologized for the shit he did to you as a kid, right? So, I suggested that he do that, or we are going to have a problem." Ben offered matter-of-fact-like.

"Oh, right. Seems Mason just made it onto my husband's shit list... bad place that, bad place." My thoughts had jumped past my mouth filter and were out for all to hear. Hailey and Lucas looked at each other. I think Lucas must have filled her in on some of the shit that went down years back.

I could feel my eyes grow wide at that, "Um, firstly, where did you get his number from," I, trying, not to get all pissy, but I was a bit. The last thing I wanted was my husband to have to deal with him.

"I gave it to him!" Hailey quietly replied.

Lucas and, I looked at her at the same time, Lucas mouthing 'What-the-fuck?' "Hailey, why do you have fuckhead-Mason's number?" She didn't appreciate the cussing, but...

Hailey shifted a little. "I asked Aunt Kate for it." She answered matter of factly.

"And she just gave it to you?" The surprise in Lucas' voice was clearly evident.

She looked at him like he'd just asked the obvious. "Well, yeah - that's what people do when you ask for a number they have, you want."

I looked at Ben, Lucas, Hailey, then back to Ben, confused as fuck. "Ok, I'm gonna leave that for a whole other time. So, what the fuck went down? I could tell from Mom's expression that she was holding something back before, but..." I asked, trying not to freak out, but I was.

"Ok-ok," Ben answered. "I asked what all this stuff about you two was, when y'all were kids. He said "you are, not-WAS! but-ARE! A spoilt, get-it-all-brat, needing to be taught a few lessons still."

Ben's face lit up, red and flushed, in an instant. I could feel mine doing similar.

"Son of a bitch," Lucas breathed out.

"My blood boiled in an instant, Jamie," he said, turning square on to me, his eyes wild with fury at the revisiting of their conversation. I saw Ben's jaw and fists clench at the same time. "It was like your brother-what a joke really." That last bit was through gritted teeth. "His words ignited liquid fire in my veins. Through the shaking and pure anger, I calmed enough to rebut his disgusting claim."

"Yeah we've all done a bit of that over the years," Lucas snarled.

"You're not helping, Lucas!" Hailey chided him.

"And you are Hailey? Giving Ben his number!" Lucas jumped to his feet, running his hands through his hair and pacing about. "Like fuck. Hailey! Really!"

I was totally taken aback with Lucas' outburst. I've never seen him or Hailey have a bad word between them., "Hey, guys - chill please! I don't want anyone to fight or get angry over him. He's not worth it, ok. Please."

I stood up and grabbed Lucas, hugging him close for a moment. "Hey, thank you Luc. Love you too, ok, but it's ok-really its ok. don't be mad with Hail's, ok? I love you guys too much to see y'all fighting over that dick."