All Comments on 'Janet's Christmas Eve Betrayal'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 324 Comments (Page 2)
arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
So well done!

Did not anticipate the end...loved it!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Written well enough to keep me reading even though it centered on the cheater.

Most was good until near the end when it first jumped to late in the cheat marriage before jumping back to early.

Waste of a good story when it was shown to just be a dream. Great expectations to crappy reality.

It could have stayed as it was with the cops catching her stalking, and the family allowed her to stay and celebrate christmas. Maybe even be a part of their lives. She had suffered enough in her cheater's marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
When a bell rings....

....a bitch gets burned. Not this time though. She did undoubtedly cheat, but this story was well written, and I enjoyed reading it. Even though I'm not a big fan of cheaters getting away with it. Thanx!

Loklie

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Well there was a cheater that prospered by stopping before her husband found out.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

I gave you 5*. I took the story for what it was, not some literal story where divorces with kids can happen in 3 weeks, but a dream sequence.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Interesting story

Very good story. At first I thought she would change her mind and not go away. Then you fooled me and it appeared that she really did leave her family and got what a cheater deserved, a miserable life. Again you turned everything around and made it a happy Christmas story. Thank you for the entertainment. FIVE*****

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
I enjoyed your story

Some people didn't like it as it wasn't a standard BTB tale.

Too bad, they missed a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it VERY MUCH!!!

Even though this story became a bit smaltzy at the end I loved how it all turned out. That Janet was in time, JUST MADE IT, gives it that last push to put this story in a different realm. Thanks for writing and sharing it! 4-Stars!!! You're a VERY GOOD writer!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Well, it is a Christmas story, so...

I gave it a 5 and I gave her a break because of the concussion. It was obviously affecting her somehow. I couldn't help but wonder though, what she'd have done if her "dream" had gone well?

Y'know, she gets full custody, the kids were happy because their new "dad" was wealthy and bought them lots of toys. Her stepkids were nice and grew to love her, yadda yadda yadda. Would she have gone through with it if she'd had that kind of dream?

However, that's not the story submitted. Yes, she had an emotional affair, but it was weird; the writing didn't have that... flavor... that she was thrilled with the idea of a new life with her boss. So maybe her actions were heavily influenced by the wreck and concussion?

Anyhow, 5 stars from me. Thanks for posting.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Thanks for a wonderful Holiday story.

gpetagpetaover 3 years ago

A reay very good story about Christmas miracle. Interesting plot with unexpected changes is thrilling. I gave 5 stars and put it to my favorites and I do this only on rare occasions.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareover 3 years ago
READ to the END

It's great. Need to reread, I kkimmed for the first time.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a wonderful story of love and family. Apparently this woman not only had a conscience but decided her marriage vows, her husband and her children were more important than the fantasy life that her boss could offer her. Her vows alone kept her from sleeping with her boss and that was paramount for her to realize what she would be losing, EVERTHING. Well written, just got to love those stories that end up with a happily ever after.

Like the saying goes "You Never Know What You Truly Have Until You Lose It". 5 stars

WwoodyWwoodyover 3 years ago

Absolutely loved it

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Always like happy ending stories. Great writing!

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 3 years ago
A Very Merry Christmas

What a sweet story this Christmas week. I had just read a rather sad story at this site and thought how depressing that I was reading another. Then there was the ending of yours and suddenly it was not sad anymore... Thank you!

bobareenobobareenoover 3 years ago

5 stars. One suggestion, watching it's a wonderful life was over the top. Frankly, it was sufficiently referential you didn't need to name the old angel Clarence. Kinda banged your readers on the head with it, but aside from that, still very sweet.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
OTT Melodrama

I enjoyed a truly well written story. The Clarence character was a clever device until the readers' intelligence was insulted by the viewing of the movie. Glicky sweet story but, hey!, I watch Hallmark movies this time of year to feed my Christmas spirit.

.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nope, way too obvious

This was way too obvious a spin of it’s a wonderful life once Janet started talking to the old man at the airport. I think it would have been better if she got home after Kevin had read the letter. It would have forced a confrontation and not a quick reconciliation in time for a happy ending the day after she walked out of her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was a very good Christmas story, one I'm sure to reread in 11 months. It will join Randi's" Someone To Love Us" as a tradition. Thank you for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good grief

I really needed the tissues with this one.

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
CHRISTMAS STORY ANYONE?

AN EXCELLENT STORY FROM BEGINNING TO END! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Nice take on Clarence. Glad she saw the light before she really went darkside!!!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Okay, I'll admit it. I cried!!

SIX Starts!!!!

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Beautiful

I loved it, beautifully written and a beautiful story to go with it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
10 stars

Perfect

Karn9Karn9over 3 years ago

Wonderful and great story!

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Hypotret

Kevin should have got the fist letter and punish her a little for talking him for granted because she may not be as lucky next time

ranec1ranec1over 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Needs a part 2 with the ruthless boss telling her hubby everything and giving him all evidence needed for a divorce on grounds of adultery. Burn the selfish woman badly

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmmmm

Cleverly contrived and well written but disappointing, in that Janet came to her senses only after seeing herself in the future, with her rival winning her husband and herself in the shit. Still totally selfish, only looking out for Janet and Janet's happiness! When will she do a repeat performance? When she is next depressed? 3*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Bad

What a deceitful bitch! She fooled her husband with lies and deceit, snatching her original letter out of his hand. The slut had already cheated, with all the kissing, fondling, lunches and dinners. Kevin the poor sap has fallen for her line completely, without asking himself, why the sudden change in her attitude. Poor man will regret this omission when she does the same thing again, down the line.2*s, for the story's successful deception.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

She would have to hurry if she wanted to get home before Kevin found that letter. Even though nothing had happened, nothing would be the same between them if he read what she planned to do. - Nothing happened??? So we're not counting the make out sessions, dinners, and plans to run away...? Because all of those sure seem like somethings to me.

I am so sorry that I have treated you badly for these past few months. Please know that I love you with all my heart. - Except maybe for those parts I've been giving to Barry...? Just because she's suddenly *not* 'loving' Barry anymore doesn't mean she's loving her husband as she had before.

Realistically, there's still a chance she'll get busted... especially if Homeland Security shows up at her house someday with questions about her baggage that had been put on a plane around Christmas...

"Janet, why would you have luggage on an airplane? And what do they mean that the tickets were purchased by Barry (or your company)? Want to explain *that*??"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Agree with others comments. She cheated!!!

Lunches dinners kissing etc cheating!!!

No reconciliation without owning up and taking his consequences.!!!

jtwheels

JohnGentleJohnGentleabout 3 years ago

This is a very wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

JohnGentleJohnGentleabout 3 years ago

Oh, this is now my favorite. Please write more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Its a wonderful life...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

How could you let her get away with it completely? She cheated on her husband and was one second away from flying out of the country with another man to abandon him and their children....and she got to not only get away with all that but replace the letter with one that makes her look like a good wife? I wouldn’t mind the good ending if she at least got caught and had to work to earn forgiveness first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, not gonna happen. She already cheated emotionally and picked loser over her family. Some decisions are permanent. This was one of them.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Congrats yoou sure drug that one out for the big downer at the end.........................but it turned out to be a good Christmas and a happy life.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

This woman did cheat, in the worst possible way. She emotionally divorced her husband and, even more unforgivable, her children. What were they to think about Mommy being gone over Christmas. You could at least punish her for this by blaming her actions on her head injury and letting the husband (Steve ?) decide her fate. Have Clarence persuade him not to leave the cheating bitch! Make her walk across hot coals for forgiveness. I bet you can't do it successfully.

AlericAlericabout 3 years ago

The story was interesting and entertaining, but I found Barry to be inconsistent. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who just accepts no as an answer. I kinda expected him to show up and tell Kevin everything to blow up her world, but maybe I have him wrong.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

And I Thought

I was going to have to mention that Clarence was the angel in 'It's A Wonderful Life". The movie was a financial loss at the time and was Jimmy Stewart's first after he returned from WWII, it was also his all time favorite.

Certainly she emotionally was cheating, arguably edging into physical but there was an underlying medical reasoning that left her vulnerable and there was that snake slithering around her. But it all worked out, Barry showed his true colors, she quit the job without remorse and rededicated herself to her family. I'm not going to be one casting stones on this one. Signed: BTW

Signed: BTW

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

The slut already did the unforgivable. The clueless husband will be informed by the jilted lover soon enough. It's a tragedy, dumbasses, not a happily ever after.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Janet needs to preform ass to mouth through the next Labor Day as penance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A lot of hard-asses in the comment section. She did enough to serve some penance but not divorce, she almost crossed that line but was brought back to her senses just in time. Good story of how the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Its always a beautiful thing when someone writes a story that displays the important as opposed to the unimportant things in life. Everyone who reads it gets drawn away from that which is of a temporary nature and towards that which is everlasting.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboalmost 3 years ago

You became One of my favorite if not the favorite author here. I Hope you continue to deliggt us with manu manu more story and make a continue on Me, Inc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1 star for this story because the cheating bitch wife got away with it and the husband knew nothing!!!!!

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Nope! She already committed adultery in her heart and mind. It’s not “okay” just because she didn’t get physical. The choice is what matters, not the action. If Heaven was going to send her a wake up call, it would have been way earlier.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Superb.

Loved it !

10*

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

This was a wonderful tale and it was so well written. Your words have filled me with so much joy and have turned my day completely around. I would love to see this transformed onto the stage as a holiday staple for years to come. 5 giant stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The whore wife got saved....pathetic end

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

was hoping for a bit on the wife getting her head check out a bit more well actually a lot more. someone that goes as far as she did to leave her children and husband during Christmas is either messed up in the brain or is a functioning psychopath and is unredeemable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I found this story from the comments added to a similar story. Even with the obvious opening it was well written and so interesting that I had to keep reading.

I’m sure most readers heard the tinkling of a bell in the background when Clarence was escorted back to Bridge Haven. Thank you for a truly good Loving Wife story.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

Such beautiful and epic writing! Fantastically well-done.

Though a bit of literary technical advice: when you write, don't forget to make clearly distinguishable markers to when you change between scenes, like the change of scene between Janet fleeing the house and waking up at the airport. You can do something like "--O--" centred on a single line or a triple line if you don't use chapters. ;-) Keep up the good work!

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Charming story, not much of a plot but charming regardless. Glad to see a female character in LW that is not odious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thought it was a really great well written story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

great story but she still got away with cheating. You don't plan to leave your husband on a wimm!

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars

At first I was going to give this story a 1, but changed it to a 3, when the wife changed her mind.

However, given that she cheated on her husband more than just one time and continued with the planned affair up to the point of leaving her family - she will more than likely cheat again. Once a cheater - ALWAYS a cheater.

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

I loved this story.The dream sequence was. Excellent. Please more like this

misogynistwithcausemisogynistwithcausealmost 3 years ago

historyandherstory7 months ago: like you a fucktwad

Loved it. Well put together story.

Cheating isn't cheating until the sexual act is committed. > fucking dumbass statement

Where does it say "thou shalt not kiss or have dinner with someone who is not your spouse"? Ignore the "nay sayers" and keep up the good work

CHEATING IS A STATE OF BEING NOT A PHYSICAL ACT FUCKTWAD

ATTEMPTED MURDER - DIDNT GET IT DONE BUT TRIED

FUCK YOUR XMAS - BITCH GETS A TIME TRAVEL? THATS SLOPPY WRITTING AT ITS WORST- SEE TRUMP OR DISNEY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

misogynistwithcause, you are an idiot! Just because you THINK that you would like to kill someone doesn’t make it a crime! What a Trump supporter dummy? You are most likely another QAnon idiot believer! This was a great story. Everything which occurred to Jane after she left Kevin was IN HER MIND, dummy! So are you one of Trump’s mind police! Jane finally came to her senses that she did love Kevin. Jane never cheated, duh! This was an excellent story.

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 3 years ago

A very sweet story. Please keep writing and ignore the negative nabobs of naysayers. Tanglosax

bhill8671bhill8671almost 3 years ago
You have got to be kidding me

ALL THIS IS is a ripoff of the movie " It's a wonderful life"!!! ALL you did was take the plot and change a couple of things! There IS NOTHING ORIGINAL in this story!!! You PLAGIARIZED THE MOVIE!!! You ought to be ashamed!!!

pummel187pummel187almost 3 years ago

To all of simple folk who felt ripped off because this story follows the plot from the movie " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE" may I suggest two things ? (1) that you STOP EATING RETARD SANDWICHES.... (2) have a friend or loved one teach you all about comprehension

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice Excellent dream sequence. I had no clue. Really done well. And no cheating.

Five Stars

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
WHO DONT BELIEVE IN Santa Claus, THE easter bunny and all those mythical persons

while they become more frequent, the closer to THEIR special.time.. TK U MLJ LV NV

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 3 years ago

What happened that Kevin was going to be server with divorce papers which was all ready set up by the boss? Howw do you suppose she will explain that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ho ho ho !

She’s still a whore!

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Now that was a great one, even after so long time still a very pleasant story.

Cheers, five stars

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
A Christmas Tale to Remember

I loved the story ending!!! A true Christmas Tale!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Thank god for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks. I,m Having a S..t Day and this has put me in a good mood, so I can Keep Going. Thanks once again.You have made a 68 year old man Very Happy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Janet almost made the mistake of her life. She had to work, yes, but with her family, she forgot just how much magic was in her life. Her boss was a player, whoremaster and general sleeze, and she's fortunate she backed out of that ridiculous situation. AT THAT TIME I DIDN'T LIKE HER MUCH! Now she can get plump with her new baby... WONDERFUL STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfect story, it had all the elements needed with a revelation at the end. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved this! 5 stars

traddisagaintraddisagainover 2 years ago

5 stars made me cry and men don't cry, and they all lived happily ever after. Wonderful life.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Too much sugar in this lemonade, not good for people with diabetes. Steve, Kevin?

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Not always a huge Stoney fan but definitely loved this one. Great execution

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again for one of the best Christmas stories ever posted in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story and yes made cry 5 stars

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Enjoyed this one. I certainly didn't see it going where it did, and thats always a huge bonus in the usually laughably predictable stories here.

Second time through, not sure if I commented before but just in case I didn't...well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a cunt, didnt deserve happiness, the thought was equal to the deed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb, very moving. A stoney 5. Yes, I know. Some say the intention is the deed. But...she didn't go all the way with Barry (though the making out and fondling was pretty bad). I guess either you buy this or you don't. I did.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

One of the best Christmas stories ever posted in LW.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Truly an excellent story. She figured out her mistake before everything was hopelessly destroyed.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn dirt in my eye

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
I Didn't See A Cane

Leaning up in the corner, but it seemed like "No, it couldn't be." But then another thought said, "Maybe it could.", was awfully close to the last lines in the original 'Miracle on 34th Street". Very good job SW, *****'s Signed: BTW

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Darn, that was good. Yes, she was a cheat, but she repented. It was a happy ending and told well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding !!!

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

I really like the twist

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story. I dunno, it seemed kinda familiar, but I really liked it anyway. Thanks, StoneyWebb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Everyone needs a wakeup call from a guardian angel sometimes. It's up to us to listen to them.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

If you really look around you'll find the grass is just as green on your side of the fence! Nice story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You so resourcefully mentioned "A Christmas Tale Completed -- The Redemption of Jacob Marley. It tells the complete story of Ebenezer Scrooge and Jacob Marley" to help us readers continue to bask in the Christmassy spirit of selfless love, families standing united, inseparable despite the Twin enemies of Lust and Filthy Wealth gnawing at them, trying their damned best to tear them apart, and also healthy doses of good cheer that your story leaves us feeling tenderly.

Query 1. Author of the aforementioned book please.

Query 2. Does it also deal wth the Redemption of Scrooge where his love life is concerned? Does he get a chance with Belle again (tho Kevin never did with this story's Belle)? Will she be divorced or widowed or will Scrooge compel her to elope with him (like Barry Wiley Cocks in this story almost did with Janet)?

Query 3. Will Scrooge's nephew Fred's wife help him out in the redemption journey of his own "Loving Wife" Belle?

Warm regards and Holiday Cheer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sort of evil ,the person he replaced her with was a better partner for him and she wasn't worth an intervention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not that she deserved a happy ending since she had made up her mind but better than nothing I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A clever and rather charming little tale. Charles would have quite pleased.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a curiosity and ending like a best. . Good job

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous