All Comments on 'Janet's Christmas Eve Betrayal'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 320 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Didnt she still have an affair and odds are sex outside marriage. Having a baby. Just to hide her guilt is messed up. I say she if truly guilty confess and offer a mff 3some or other ways to show affection and a little humiliation and disrespect to herself.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 3 years ago

For this old fogey...

...the name Clarence immediately called to It's A Wonderful Life so I had a good idea of what was going to happen, but I enjoyed it just the same.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* - amen brother

Outstanding and enjoyable across the board. I love how you worked in Clarence, I caught as soon as the name came out. Nice to see someone come to their senses.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Well done. Left me with a smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

Just because she got the experience time travel and somehow deluded herself into thinking that sneaking away to have dinners with another man behind her husband's back and kissing him isn't cheating doesn't make this story's ending any better.

It's easy to write it up like this, she experienced the consequences of her cheating, therefore she got actual regret. But not because she loved her ex-husband, but because Barry wasn't everything he appeared to be. That's it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She still cheated

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Nice story...but

I really enjoyed this fun Christmas tale. It took us on an up and down ride. I loved the characters, especially Clarence, who made her remember what she might be leaving behind. Her little dream about her pitiful life with her boss made it fun, along with the reference back to "It's a Wonderful Life". BUT wasn't Kevin supposed to be served with divorce papers, oops. But, still, it was a very well written Christmas story, so 4 out of 5 stars.

kelchakelchaover 3 years ago
Well

That was a pleasure to read. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amen

Amen

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not bad

I enjoyed it and as usual it's the anonymous commenters with their panties in a bunch. Lol. She fucked up but she never slept with him (still wrong but eh). Bravo on a good story

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Sweet story, Mr. Webb.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Great story line...really liked how you incorporated the Dickensian dream of the future sequence. A very nice change from the usual fare on LW. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A hard one to decide

Between a 1-star and a 5-star

In the end I liked the writing so much that I gave it a full 5

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Here's to an enjoyable story with a happy ending.

Sometimes we have to acknowledge a simple, well written story that doesn't involve cucks and sluts, cheating etc. We can lose sight of important issues. (Yes, a tad unbelievable but, hey, it was different.) Many thanks. Cheers.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 3 years ago
5*

Nice take on It’s a Wonderful Life. I’m a sucker for happy endings. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
some of us get to dodge bullets

that seems to be the case in this story... most do not get do overs... 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

StoneyWebb loves the weird. Lol. Not bad though.

York1234York1234over 3 years ago
Clarence

..as soon I read that name I remembered that movie and I was sure that something good was going to happen....and I was not disappointed...Good story. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

SHE DID SOMETHING REALLY HORRIBLE, BUT SHE ALMOST MADE THE MISTAKE OF HER LIFE. I KNOW IT'S A STORY, BUT, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD... I, FOR ONE, SOMETIMES FORGET THIS...

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

it was an okay story, some minor writing mistakes here and there.

I don't like Janet at all. maybe she didn't have sex but she still had an affair. she had no redeeming feature, nothing really made me like her and I'm not comfortable seeing her with Kevin and family. it's like a good ending with a double edged sword.

One big loophole is Barry could still easily ruin her by telling Kevin about the affair.

mwcuriousmwcuriousover 3 years ago
My First of the Year

My mantra is "No Christmas until we do Thanksgiving". OK weird but this is my first Christmas thing this year. NOW I can watch movies, listen to Christmas, decorate...... But I did love the story. Ha, ha, maybe Clarence could be like Bad Santa and it would turn into a BTB story. Don't touch that lump of coal. You don't know where it's been!

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

That was a nice story. As soon as I saw the man's name, my mind flashed to It's a Wonderful Life in a good way. I love echoes of Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
story

well done stoney good story for one and all 5plus from me

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

This is a good story! Well written, flowed smoothly, and ended right where it should have. Don't bother with the piss ants, keep writing!

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

Terrific story as is your want to do and you do it so well. Nit picking and anon BS aside. Thank you for starting my Thanksgiving off with a happy tear.

historyandherstoryhistoryandherstoryover 3 years ago
Lovely Story

Loved it. Well put together story.

Cheating isn't cheating until the sexual act is committed.

Where does it say "thou shalt not kiss or have dinner with someone who is not your spouse"? Ignore the "nay sayers" and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A very nice change of pace.

Thanks. The negative comments strike me as bizarre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I guess she snuck her suitcases in the house when she got home without him noticing, or did these go to London and she had to ask the airline to send them back. Also with flights you have to have a ticket to get to the gate, so I guess Clarence buys tickets that he doesn't use. But I gave this a 5, and a little tear formed in my eye.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

She can't take the kids out of the country without her husband's consent, what makes her think that he'll allow them to go to her after she's abandoned them?

/

As soon as the old man's name was Clarence, I knew! I WAS faked out when she didn't immediately go home, liked the twist of Clarence showing her future instead of an alternate present.

/

Maybe it's because I'm a huge It's a Wonderful Life fan, but I don't think the connection needed to be spelled out, maybe others aren't so familiar with it.

/

@Mrhappy4aa, good point about the divorce papers.

/

I disagree with those who say she cheated. Yes, she had an emotional affair, and PLANNED to cheat, but the dream Clarence gave her stopped it.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 3 years ago
I enjoyed this

However, the title should have been, "It's a Wonderful Wife," so only 5 stars.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Loved it!!!!!!

Well worth 5/5

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

good story, enjoyed the Wonderful Life mix was intertwined... 5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Still a cheater

My only issue is that she still cheated. Emotionally rather than physically, but she still cheated.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

It was a sweet story, although Janet does not strike me as a particularly good person. Maybe she is getting more than she deserves, but so be it.

We still have luggage that Janet must have checked, but, I suppose, that will become simply lost luggage that is worth very little compared to the rest of one's life.

Danger09Danger09over 3 years ago
I'm glad the idiot came to her senses

She almost ruined her life for a man that had no problem ruining a family. She took her husband, family and life for granted. Life is hard. It's not meant to be easy. Especially when you have a family. She acted like her life was so bad, when it could've been much much worse. She was depressed, instead of going to lunches with Barry---she should've been seeing a dr. Never trust someone who would insert themselves in your marriage. They are not to be trusted.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I'm an old softy I loved it. Five stars

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

It is a wonderful story, and it is a wonderful life.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

@Mrhappy4aa and Mr. Brooks, the papers being served in the future version was the first warning of things to come. Just because it happened there doesn't mean it would happen in the now universe. But just to throw a twist, how about this one, she never really kissed Barry because it was all a vision after the accident while she was suffering the concussion.

Stoney, if the loss of the car was that great and the fix was going to take that long, why didn't her insurance pay for a loner?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Once a cheater always a cheater! Just another pathetic RAAC story!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

BEST EVER for you! If they offered 6*, I'd give it to you. The story was extremely well written and believable. In fact, I had something similar happen to me in my marriage at Easter (no infidelity involved though). Merry Christmas!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Corny, but Sweet

It's difficult to critique a Christmas story like this. You don't. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Read this before...

...so deja vu with this story. Positive I've read either this story exactly or one almost exactly like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
yes

just...yes

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked It

It's good to see that Clarence is still working after all these years.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Yes, she cheated...

Emotionally and let's not forget the kissing & fondling, but she did come to her senses and returned to embrace her family before going off of the cliff. I see in some reader's comments that it's felt by some that she should confess all to Kevin. I say she should not. Why hurt him like that? She needs to suck it up and bear the entire burden. Maybe fessing up and getting forgiveness would make HER feel better, but would place a hurt in her husband that would never go away. Can you imagine what every Christmas from then on would be like for Kevin?

Had the author wanted, throwing a money wrench into to her post revelation world have been easy: Have the airline deliver her checked bag to the house while Kevin was home or let him find the parking ticket from the airport. But I liked the story as written.

We all have secrets, some times keeping them is the better way to go.

buckshot46buckshot46over 3 years ago

I'm an even older softy. So nice I loved it too. Ditto on Skubabill's Five Stars.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Another softy

Loved it. Thank you for writing.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

It really is a wonderful life. Thank you for this reminder. 5*!

alfiemoon1alfiemoon1over 3 years ago
Lovely story

Loved it , gave me a lump in the throat at the end. Nice change from the usual stuff thank you

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Now this is a Christmas story

You kind of hoped she would have a change of heart. Very well written story; well done.

TorgauTorgauover 3 years ago

A little stilted, but it's a good plot.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Very pleased to read a happier ending in this category. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Calling him Clarence made it too obvious where this was going

After that it was just, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get to the end."

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Right.

This was fine writing.

The writer sure can spin his web (plot).

And the adaptation on "A Christmas Carol"

was well done and entertaining.

Even though Scrooge was female here.

But unlike the Dickens story,

I liked the dream better than the rest of the story.

Maybe that excludes me from being a softy.

But I'd beg to differ.

I like happy endings just like most others.

My happy ending just doesn't include a bad wife.

Now, I'm bad at rating fairytales.

So I wont rate this one.

But I did enjoy reading it.

P.S.

What happened to the headaches?

I expected them to miraculously

disappear at the end of the story :-).

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful

A story worthy of 5 stars

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

5***** Heartwarming tale of going to the edge of the pit of disaster and turning around to go home. No RAAC or BTB needed. It's really a Wonderful Life!!! Still a great film even though it was a box office bomb in 1946.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
:)

a bit early but loved it, would have been a lot more emotional if it was at least dec

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

What kind of benevolent god would send an angle to ensure a good man was forced to stay with a lying duplicitous whore?

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

It went down like oil. Well done and told in a really exciting way!

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
Enjoyed it

The allusion to Dickens is just subtle enough to work. Some won’t get that, but who cares, I’m sure the ones that do will enjoy it. Not ever story needs to be taken seriously, and this one of those. I chose to believe Scrooge McSlut completely changes her ways like the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you!

In a time period when Covid 19, and our political Leadership has me questioning if there is any good left in our world, this story comes along. I know everyone wanted a btb story. But... She did respect her marriage enough not to cheat, until divorced. There are times in our lives, that a choice we make, totally changes everything. She was able to glimpse her possible future, before throwing away what she had.

Good story, I enjoyed it.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

She cheated no matter what anyone says. She doesn't deserve the happiness she got. Lot of things left unsaid

WandererSoul2019WandererSoul2019over 3 years ago
Shameful

What a waste of time, a cheater managed to get away without any lesson, even managed to fabricate lie to fool her husband. If she confessed to her husband and went with the truth and had forgiveness in view of her depression then it would be an acceptable story. Anyway it's author's story and he is king of his universe so nothing against him, just against the plot. As a reader what I can do is grade and that's just I did 1*.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Keep Writing......

We get enough burn the bitches stories, and not enough loving wives stories. The BIGGEST cause of divorce, is lack of communication. If you don't talk, you don't listen. And you're not communicating. 10 stars, because everyone who knows me knows I can't count. I keep telling them to change their rating system. I loved it .The Bear approves.******* MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!*******

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A real nice Christmas story

Saved by the bell!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@fritz51, I agree with not confessing. I believe that even if she DID cheat, as long as it is over and NOT to be repeated. As you say, all confessing does is relieve HER guilt, and dump it onto her husband.

/

@Anonymous Re: "Get to the end" - I was actually expecting something to happen right then and there, but that would have been so obvious, delaying it made it much more satisfying.

/

@dmann, you're right, the delivery of the divorce papers was part of her dream, if I'm not mistaken. It's not exactly clear where her dream begins.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Merry Christmas

Some commenters are grinches who missed the main theme and picked on little issues. Clarence’s entrance gave it away after he espoused wisdom to bring her to her senses. Still, a wonderful life the loving wife returned to in the nick of time. Good show.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh c'mon, it was cute. Thanks for the effort.

It was also contradictory. What did the car accident have to do with the plot or the wife's mental state? Apparently nothing. Unless she really is clinically depressed, then something or someone else may trip her switch again. It appears Clarence saved the mentally dysfunctional bitch, so what happens next time when Clarence doesn't show up?

There's also the implication that Janet regretted her decision only after Barry was shown to be a complete asshole. If Barry had been genuinely in love with Janet and made even a mediocre effort to be a good husband Janet would have been fine with her decision, even more so if she could have pried her children away from their father. So Janet was not rehabilitated, she just got saved from buyer's remorse. Returning to Kevin is the same selfish shallow cruel bitch who fully intended to abandon him. How long will it be before she again searches for greener grass?

So I can say Thank You for the cute fairy tale, while pointing out that the wicked witch is still alive and wicked. I hope Kevin has kept in touch with Belle, he may need her sooner, or later.

Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed this story, and especially the nod to It's A Wonderful Life and Clarence. Frank Capra's granddaughter was one of our ED doctors for a while, and a very nice lady. This was a great read for Thanksgiving night and the season. Just a happy story and great ending. Thank you and a *5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How Did You Know...

That I was a fool for "Happily Ever After"? Love it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Wrong Category

Should be in Romance.

Or Fantasy ... the old ‘dream plot!’

unrated

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Glad she came to her senses. Hope hubby gives her a baby bump

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Very Nice... 5 Stars

It had that It's A Wonderful Life feel to it midway, although I hadn't seen the movie in decades so forgot much of the story. I was definitely rooting for her, and it was bothering me with the way her life was going during the dream, so was a very nice surprise that it ended up being a dream. The reason it was bothering me was because the story was strongly hinting that the accident, headaches, depression were a big part of the cause for what happened.

As we are in holiday season, especially this shitty year when we aren't able to celebrate it normally, it's wonderful to read a sweet optimistic story that is kind to all the characters, and a loving family stays intact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not to come across as a Scrooge, but emotional cheating is still cheating. She said she was in love with Barry. She was so in love with him she decided to leave her husband and children on FUCKING CHRISTMAS to be with him. Couldn't even say "Sorry, that's TOO cruel even for a cheating bitch like me. You'll have to wait a few days until I can join you." That's how much more he (and his money) meant to her than her husband did - and that's ignoring the kissing and groping they got up to.

Her getting off scot-free (other than having a bad dream) and coming home to a very devoted husband in full worshiping her mode was not my idea of a happy ending. For this magic wand Christmas Miracle ending to be satisfying, she would have had to go back in time to when her affair with Barry first started and reject him harshly. Coming back on Christmas Day, she would need to confess to her husband and work her ass off to earn his forgiveness and trust before she deserves this ending.

She's only still married because she lied to her husband's face about her actions and managed to trick him. What a marriage.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
WELL DONE SIR!!!

From Ours to Yours wishes of Health Wealth and Happiness this Christmas Season 🎄

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
I liked it

Corny of course and the clarence plot point was obvious, but I still liked it. Barry was the predator who knew she was vulnerable/ depressed and went after her, and in the wife's defense she didn't sleep with him. People in real life almost do a lot of stupid things, the nice part is they can always come to their senses. The wife story.is a bit reversed from its a wonderful life since Kevin is more like Jimmy Stewart than her but the idea is the same,that it is very easy to get disillusioned when you lose perspective.

This is also kind of like it's a wonderful life in it ends without vengeance on the bad guy.SNL did a Christmas show years ago with the ending of its a wonderful life (Dana Carvey did a mean Jimmy Stewart), with an extended ending where George Bailey kicks the crap out of Potter. In this story she could sue for sexual harassment and likely win, the tickets to go to Europe are proof of what he did, he was in a position of power and used it to seduce her,that would of been fitting.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
A wonderful life relived

Nice traditional "Guardian Angel" story. Gave it 5* because it was a fun read even though it was fairly predictable (in romance predictable works, in LW that can be a stretch, so max stars held).

Just one thing, you mention Clarence in the text while he was still an elderly stranger before he introduces himself.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Good story but she was awfully into the boss and idea of being rich before a scare turned her around would the husband ever be able to trust her? I still have you for a *4* for the good writing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

Excellent. Most excellent!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago

The dream sequence has been used many times and this one was quite elaborate, including a long span of time; however, this was written very well and I thought the end was well forgiving of the overused plot trigger. Clarence was a great little twist. I enjoyed this and gave a big 5 stars. Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

You made my Thanksgiving weekend with this one.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Didn't hear a bell ring...

...but Clarence definitely got his wings (again). Well written, odd name mistake with Steve instead of Kevin but no one's perfect. Thank you it was a good tale.

ohioman777ohioman777over 3 years ago
Finally

Finally a good damn story.

It's been almost a week since a 4 star story was on here.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

When I first saw his name was Clarence I thought nah it couldn't be. I'm glad she came to her senses and went home to her family. That movie always makes me cry like a baby.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Stoney. And to everyone at Literotica.

Lashman89Lashman89over 3 years ago
Nice job!

Great story for this time of year, thanks!

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Well done. Storyline not unique but with a nice "Clarence" twist to it. Probably the best writing from this author to date. Well organized. Good flow keeping reader interest. Meaningful character development. Realistic dialog. All the essential elements without excessive verbiage. Very well done.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Dream on

For me the Dream had the happier ending in it. Not necessarily the btb part but Kevin and the children's lives. The daughter was engaged to a man she loves and the son was involved with a women he seemed to be in love with. Finally Kevin had a new daughter with a woman who appeared to love him. A woman who hadnt conspired to run off with her boss for a shiney new life. A woman who hadnt conspired to rip the children who he loved and doted on out of his life all for not being able to take a couple days off work and not loading a dish in the dishwasher. I mean how dare he suggest she quit her job because it seemed to him that it was stressing her out to the point of affecting her family life and her mental well being. We're all just human beings being humans, some are just better at it.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Dream on cont

Also I didnt even mention her affair with the boss that already took place. There was lunches where he put her husband down and lathered her with compliments and affection. He supposedly drew out all sorts of faults about her husband out of her but the fact that when she was trying to list any to Clarence she could only come up with three. He had to travel for work, the one time he couldnt take off work to stay with the sick daughter, and forgot to put the dish in the dishwasher. It took more than one lunch for the boss to drag those out of her? She never realizes that these infractions dont merit her not standing up for her husband let alone deriding him to her boss over several lunches, dinners, and petting make out sessions? Shes a lying, selfish, duplicative bitch and he would probably be better off with Belle. We dont k ow much of Belle except that Janet never liked her and she had a rivalry with her most of her life. There wasn't any syntax about her being a good person, but there wasnt any about her being a bad one either. She obviously cared for Kevin though having tried to win him over right up to the day he got married, and not after that. It appears she respects the vows of marriage more than what Janet showed in this story.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
4*

All in all was a good story, but she recieved no punishment for unbelievably screwed up intentions and will probably betray her husband and family in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
she had already cheated.

the making out, the fondling, the scheming behind her husband's back.

and let's not forget the full blown emotional affair, which breaks every other vow not related to sex.

some people find this heart warming. that she cheated, but not 'all the way'. what she did was have a 'come to jesus' moment. and she did damage control. she will still take her cheating to her grave, and her plans to leave him and her children. that's a weight she's gonna have to carry now.

i'm glad she didn't ruin her family. i'm glad she finally realized their value. and took steps to cherish them again. and i'm even happy her emotional and semi-physical affair didn't go all the way. but she did cheat at the end of the day. and once the euphoria of keeping her family wanes a little bit, the guilt will settle in. i don't envy that.

at the end of the day, she'll have that second chance. i guess that's all that matters. a chance to make it right.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Good play on the ghosts of scrooge

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absolutely...

... the best story in LW that I’ve read recently. Give me a RAAC over a BTB story anytime. Great characters and believable dialogue. Not too long, and not too short, but just right. Five stars ⭐️ for sure for this one. Thanks Stoney!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really Really Good!!!

This was really well done! The twist with Clarence at the end brought a little tear 😢 to my eyes. Thanks

jakie1jakie1over 3 years ago
Thank You!

A very heartwarming story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I‘ma sucker fo those ones, mon

Ya gave Five Fat Spliffs fo it, mon

Merry Christmas to ya and all loyal lovas

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Only 1 star for letting the cheating wife off the hook!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous