Jasmine and the Argonaut Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wish we could stay here like this for ever," I say. "But we both know we must return to our dormitories before dawn. If we don't turn up for roll-call, our absence will be noticed by the officials and we'll be disqualified from the Argonaut. Despite the security officer's error in throwing us out of the centre, I doubt we will be shown any mercy if we miss roll-call."

"Yes, I know," replies Paulo, deep in thought. "If only there was another way. Thanks for tonight. I can honestly say I really enjoyed it, and in other circumstances I would hope for many more. I'm going to be selfish and keep your nightie as a trophy to remind me of tonight."

I was planning on doing the same thing, but I don't refuse his request. "As long as I can have a trophy in return," I reply.

"Agreed. I seem to be out of suitable offerings at the moment. Let me know tomorrow what you would like."

I feel so comfortable that I easily forget that Paulo and I are soon to face each other as rivals during the Argonaut. Either Paulo is a superb actor or his feelings mirror mine. Eventually tiredness overcomes me. The warmth of Paulo's embrace, and the after effects of the wine and our coupling, causes me to doze off despite my nakedness.

It must be an hour or so later when I wake. I'm disoriented at first, and wonder what has woken me. However, I soon realise it is the absence of Paulo's warmth that has caused me to wake. I sit up to see where he has gone, but there's no sign of him.

However, Paulo's absence isn't my main problem. As I move I realise there is a length of chain locked around my ankle, the other end of which tethers me to a heavy table.

---------------------------------------

Chapter 7: An underhand trick.

---------------------------------------

I quickly realise the seriousness of my situation. If I don't return to the dormitory before roll-call, I will be returned to Buchanan in shame. A chill runs through me. I berate myself for being so stupid as to drop my guard and allow Paulo to chain me like this. There is no doubt in my mind that he's the one responsible for my predicament.

Is he being a coward who is scared of meeting me in fair competition? That seems inconsistent with the Paulo I've been with tonight, but he would surely have woken me had he noticed anybody else entering this café while we slept. Perhaps he is a better actor than I gave him credit. For all I know, his training could have included a course in seducing maidens. After all, half the contestants are young women. Some, like me, will be gullible enough to fall for Paulo's charms, and walk into his deadly trap. But I mustn't dwell on Paulo's reasons. My immediate priority is to get free.

I test the strength of the chain restraining me. It's similar to the security chain threaded through the handles of the cabinets behind the bar. Paulo must have come across a spare length of chain while he was exploring earlier. The chain is lightweight but strong. There is no way I can break it. Which means I must somehow break the lock securing the chain to my ankle. It is a combination lock like the one securing the other end of the chain to the table. Unless I'm extremely lucky, I won't have enough time to open the lock by randomly guessing the five-digit combination. Just as I'm about to vent my frustration with a few choice curses, a flash of inspiration hits me. Paulo must have known the combination to fasten the lock to the chain. How did he know the combination?

I check the tables and floor around me, as far as my chain allows. The combination must be written on something. I just hope it is something within reach. Could Paulo have been careless and left me the combination?

The chain is long enough for me to reach the small service area next to the bar. If the owners of the café have written down the combination, then this is the most likely place on this level. My frantic search is rewarded when I find a basket holding more lengths of chain and padlocks. Each padlock has a small detachable tag with the combination for that lock printed on it. Unlocking the padlock enables the tag to be removed. I search the bottom of the basket for any tags no longer with their padlock. Sure enough I find four tags. Hopefully one belongs to the lock securing the chain around my ankle.

I try the numbers on the lock on my ankle. I meet with success on the third number, and within seconds I'm free of my chain. But before I can go anywhere I hear two people talking. They are coming up the interior staircase from the main café below. Two voices I recognise. Paulo and Chloe! They are too close for me to try and exit over the balcony, so I can't leave the way Paulo and I entered. My only option in the time available is to pretend I'm still asleep and chained to the table.

"See, she's still asleep," says Chloe. "The sound you heard was probably the fridge humming."

"I don't know," replies Paulo. "I'm still not happy about leaving her chained like this. It's an underhand trick."

"Think yourself lucky I didn't chain you as well," replies Chloe. "You saw her during the preliminary session this evening. She's a serious challenger and she's best eliminated now."

"But someone will find her in the morning and set her free," replies Paulo.

"Yes. But she will have missed the eight o'clock roll-call by then, and she'll be disqualified from the Argonaut."

"I still don't like it. Anyway, why did you follow us? And how did you get out of the complex?"

"I saw the pair of you as I was returning from a night out. I realised that this is a golden opportunity to improve my chances of success. Did you not read the Argonaut rules? Despite what most people believe, the contestants aren't prisoners while we are here. As long as we attend the morning and evening roll-calls, and the various tests and interviews, we can come and go as we please. Why do you think your night time frolics weren't stopped?"

"The rules? You mean that fifty page book they gave us when we arrived? Of course I've not read it!"

"Well if you spent less time trying to climb between a girl's legs, and more time paying attention to what really matters, your chances of winning a work permit might be better. Come on, we're leaving before sleeping beauty wakes up and starts screaming the place down."

"How do we get out of here?" asks Paulo.

"You're not too bright are you," scoffs Chloe. "The door lock only stops people entering the café. We can just walk down to the front door and back to our dormitory."

Paulo and Chloe leave. My anger competes with my embarrassment. I get up as soon as I'm sure they have gone. Paulo has taken my nightie and Chloe has taken my towel. I've no clothes and I'm starting to get cold. A naked woman is easy target for any loiterers out there. At this time of night any city citizens still about may well be on the prowl for sex. I search the service area for a tablecloth or something to put over me. I find an apron that at least provides me with a semblance of decency.

I make my way back to the old boarding school, making sure Paulo and Chloe are nowhere in sight. Re-entering the school presents no problem. Chloe is right in saying the contestants are allowed to come and go. Perhaps I should have read the rule book as well but my late acceptance to the Argonaut meant that I only had a few days to prepare.

A retina scan at the security desk confirms my identity and I'm allowed to return to my dormitory. My anger at Paulo's betrayal has abated. Despite Chloe's intrusion, I did actually enjoy my time with him tonight, particularly when I remember why I chose to leave my room wearing such provocative clothing in the first place. I was looking for the type of experience and adventure which Paulo delivered. Not that I am in any mood to forgive him; but I'm no longer embarrassed or afraid. If anything, Chloe's actions have filled me with determination and resolve. Yesterday I was nervous of the specially trained contestants; today I realise they are actually afraid of me. I shall look forward to seeing Paulo and Chloe's faces when I appear for roll-call in the morning.

The clock says it is 3:30 in the morning when my head hits my pillow. This time I have no difficulty falling asleep.

[End of Part 1]