All Comments on 'Jason'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

5* A very strong story, it hopped around a bit but I think that I followed it so it wasn't a problem. In fact, for me, it was possibly an asset as it let me see how you were developing your characters and their interactions both together and individually. If you wanted Laura to come across as selfish and delusional you were very successful. You write very well, very convincingly. Thank you for posting this.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim999 months ago

She was so clueless and narcissistic.

InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

I would like to know what happened to Laura. Did she see a shrink? What about her parents? What about Scott?

She obviously has a mental problem.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

Comically tragic. A child masquerading as a grownup. I’d like to label Laura’s character as implausible, but sadly, I’ve known a few Lauras. They’re out there living among us, with jobs and cars and drivers licenses. They even procreate, you don’t need any special license or training to get pregnant, although you probably should. A little too Orwellian, I suppose. And then they perpetrate themselves on their poor, unsuspecting children. Yeah, Laura is too outrageous to be real, but I’m sorry to say I’ve met her. A well rendered portrait. Thanks for your story.

HcopHcop9 months ago

Good story but with many inconsistencies. In page 5 Laura's mother Susane came to visit and was told everything. Her husband was George. In the last page, Laura's mother was Mary and her father Don and they were clueless about the whole affair. You obviously forgot what you had written before. Many other things don't add up, but this was the most glaringly obvious.

kencorokencoro9 months ago

Mary? Susan? Who's mother is she?

I'm lost. Not reading a six pager again just to figure that out.

KarnevilKarnevil9 months ago

Well written and described, despite a few issues already highlighted by other comments. I did feel it was a little repetitive and perhaps a couple of pages too long. My biggest gripe was the simplistic view of the main charecters. Laura must be among the top ten of the stupid people in loving wives, while I imagine it's only a matter of time till Jason is declared a saint. I guess it was a tactic to emphasise the devide betwixt a good man and a narcissistic woman. Personally I thought it was a little over the top, and due to this a lot of emotion and drama was sacrificed.

Nevertheless it kept my interest, and to be truthful, rather than hate Laura, in the end I pitied her for being such a moronic twat. A happy ending for most of the cast and a refreshing change to have the lover being less of the obligatory arsehole. Also the lack of violence and obsession with money was welcome.

Robby_DRobby_D9 months ago

The "long time cuck" stories are always the most painful ones to read about, and they usually get rated pretty low. However, you handled the situation very well, with an ending that was quite satisfying. 5 stars

SplitGeode66SplitGeode669 months ago

I enjoyed the story a lot! 5 stars!

Despite my rating, I felt the story was too long, and Jason's lawyer changed sex. Originally a woman, then a man, and finally a woman.

numbnutz49numbnutz499 months ago

. . . so why did he and Diane just live together in the end? I guess it was a once bitten, twice shy issue! But, it was a great read!

Busman19639Busman196399 months ago

The best revenge is a life well lived!

francemanfranceman9 months ago

The beginnings of your story were really interesting:

- How does a father cope with his wife's betrayal and stay at home to protect and care for his children?

In short, how he puts up with being a cuckold, endures humiliation for the sake of his daughters.

A few personal comments which I hope you will find constructive and not abusive.

Unfortunately, the story falters thereafter:

- Assuming that infidelity is not a fault, how does the fact that his wife fucks Scott 2/3 hours a week make her an absent or unfit mother?

So all the mothers who have sports, dance, read......... a few hours a week all become absent mothers?

What a weak argument!

- What's more, Laura's character is dumber than an oyster. I can understand her being selfish, narcissistic, obtuse......but making her a stupid woman is really too easy.

She holds all the cards because her husband won't divorce her and she loses everything?

Her lawyer Claire, and even her lover, tell her to look after her family, her children, to avoid problems...............and of course she doesn't do it. Suddenly, she's an unfit mother.

It's a real shame, because I really liked it:

- the idea of camping to share time with her daughters and get away from home

- the beginning of a hidden romance with Diane, because you don't make him into a Holy Man.

But making Laura into an absent or completely stupid mother is too easy a way out of the problem of getting out of this marriage.

Thank you for sharing your story.

waltdeewaltdee9 months ago

Very well structured and written, good job.

jflindersjflinders9 months ago

I disliked the "reclaiming me" episode enough to skip to the last page, knowing the next several pages would bring a degree of pain and humiliation that to me meant that finally moving on with his life came way too late for my tastes.

justbobkcjustbobkc9 months ago

5 stars

Interesting.

The wife presented here was basically crazy. But our modern society does protect crazy a whole lot. Husband did well with what he had to work with and against.

My only critique is the issues of "continuity" as you jumped from viewpoint to viewpoint. I kind of got lost in trying to understand the timelines. It seemed like a bit of it didn't make sense in a linear sense. At least to me.

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

Nicely done. Laura is allergic to adulting. I guess she has two sets of parents (prior divorce for them)

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

Well thought out story about the death of a marriage due to a narcissistic woman and her ego. Also, her stupidity.

Was going to give 4 stars but in rethinking, upped it to 5 stars. I sincerely hope this did not happen to you (the author).

Sorry Scott got away "Scott free". He should have suffered somewhat for being the prick he was. Anyone that knowingly beds a married woman should suffer some form of harm, be it physical or financial or both.

oldtwitoldtwit9 months ago

Good little story, nicely written, plenty of descriptions, yes it was written that Jason was a bit of a joke to start with, but he turned it around, but it’s a story, good one at that

SkubabillSkubabill9 months ago

Excellent story. Nite to self: "Read more Lover1953." Five stars.

Paiger123Paiger1239 months ago

Very nicely written. And while the storyline isn’t anything new, your writing style and believable characters make the story a 5*. Thank you

lover1953lover19539 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the observations regarding my error with the parents names. I will see if I can get this sorted out and repost. If you find other big errors let me know.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Similar to several other LW stories I've read.

The plot and dialogue seemed disjointed and disconnected at several points. It seemed like details were covered in one section and then they were covered again as if the first time around had never happened.

Development of Laura was non existent. Everytime anyone tried to have a conversation with her , as soon as she was asked a question she stopped talking. Really surprised there wasn't at least one more section from her perspective after the divorce was final.

The story was ok but, ultimately felt unfulfilling and flat. Normally expect better from this author.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Very entertaining tale but there were several organizational problems with some paragraphs not matching plot flow and contradictory statements that impacted key plot lines. Biggest was his claim of marrying Dianne after the divorce came through. We also never got to hear a definitive statement from Dianne on if she wanted to get married. Few other things but I’m just belaboring my point. 3.4*

MormonJackMormonJack9 months ago

Awesome story, Lover1953! 5 stars from me.

Does commenting on the "nits" that I saw in the story matter? Like for a time Jason's lawyer was a he, not a she? Or the one that always drives me crazy: "I could care less." NO! It's I couldn't care less. The truth is, no, these don't really matter. It was a good story, well done and like others, I'll read some more Lover1953 stories. THANK YOU!

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler9 months ago

Yes, was a very different story than anything else I’ve read on the site site. It was well constructed and developed and I thoroughly enjoyed five stars. Thank you so so much.

CreeperclawCreeperclaw9 months ago

Some of the story seemed a bit disjointed. Jason spoke with her mother before the divorce was started and told her what was going on didn't he? Then why did both her parents come over to hear the story again in confusion about why Laura was asked to leave. Laura's parts also seemed a bit off to me, she had just been rough fucked by Jason but shortly after claims that they had not had sex for months even though the time stamps don't say months?

Her rationale seems super weird too. At first she seemed like an ideal wife and mother but upon being caught, she just seems to stop giving a fuck about either role. Almost like she HAD to play those roles.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

As others have stated, you contradicted yourself far too often. You wrote in British English while implying you were an American telling a story. You had at least four different first person accounts when only one person can be first. Otherwise it is a tie. The correct expression is "All for naught." You had people "sorting" things out, but Americans seldom "sort things out". Brits sort things out.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Boring and way too long. 2 or 3 pages would have been enough to say what you wanted to say. So much for telling someone what you are going to do and that they accept it at all costs. Texas should allow men to have rights and for partners to disappear when necessary with nothing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Jason is a sub. He is a wifey.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How many times are you going to tell this same story? Seriously, it's the same, right down to super dad taking the kids camping while the mustache twirling mom sluts around. Come on, my dude. You can do better.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer9 months ago

This is a very good story, but as another commenter point out, it’s quite disjointed in a few spots. Laura seems to be a fairly sensible woman who wants to have her cake and eat it too, while in other places she seems to be ‘batshit crazy.’ Also like me, you seem to have trouble keeping names straight—and yet you have produced a very good story.

I really enjoyed reading it and rated it a 4! cd

servant111servant1119 months ago

Simply outstanding very well written tale. Great characterization very believable plot and circumstances. Thoroughly enjoyable read.

5 stars

bobareenobobareeno9 months ago

This appears to be based on another Lit story. In that one the wife was unwilling to give up on her promiscuity, a promiscuity the husband was aware of, and the husband slowly moved on. Same bit about the bicycling, but in that one the point of view of the other woman cyclist was given some attention, and she was pregnant in the end with the betrayed husband’s child. Also, it had a similar bit about camping, although as I recall they used a borrowed RV. I can’t recall the name of that tale, but this one tracked it in many ways.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle9 months ago

You spent thec2ng page explaining everything over and over again. Frustrating.

You made the wife so unremarkable and dumb, I can’t even remember her name. Scott literally told her to work on her marriage and she didn’t.

Jason asked her 5 times if she loved ascot and what she wanted to do and you had her say the goddamn thing: “what are you talking about?” For fucks sakes, even Laura would have to figure out that the status quo was never going to last: they weren’t married, they were roommates.

Even as the divorce finalized, she hadn’t don’t a fucking them even though she signed the palates her lawyer told her too.

And again, considering Laura didn’t beat the kids or turn out to be a sex offender, she would have gotten custody. Instead you wrote her to the dumbest, most obtuse person alive and a set of coincidences that staggered the ducking imagination to get the final page where your fucking Disney fairytale for guys came to its conclusion: The handsome prince gets the girl, the fling Dom and the wicked ex wife disappears into the void.

At some point, even Laura would have wanted to be with someone she loved because she didn’t love Jason and Scott didn’t love her.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

Pretty good story. A bit too wordy and several story holes regarding her mother and the home. Overall 3*

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

I kinda feel divided if I like it or not.

I really thought it was quite a hard read.

I nearly stopped when Jason had sex with Laura I think at page 2...

But I strove on reading despite the fact that most of Jason's point of view is so pathetic and wimpy.

Laura's parts seemed to have more balls than Jason's although it is quite unrealistic she was still in the affair "fog" after 3 years. I think there's a hint of mental illness there.

I do think this story was longer than necessary, some parts got repetitive. Like Claire's assessment of Laura got repeated.

Anyways, I thanked writer for his effort.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A lot of little things (inconsistent wife's mothers name, a few typos any valid editing software would catch, more than enough repetitiveness where the point of view / perspective changes time and noting a perspective from Jason then the next perspective is also labeled Jason (so unnecessary)) probably could have been done better.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When characters are on the same plane on page 1 and page 6 then the story should not be 6 pages long

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As much as I wish it otherwise, the retelling of the same “selfish wife” story over and over isn’t going away any time soon. But for the love of god, if anyone sees this; please, PLEASE, stop with the excruciating legalities of the divorce proceeding. NO ONE CARES.

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

It’s a good story, it all worked out in the end for almost everyone. The thing that let it down somewhat is the timeline, yes his reasoning was adequately explained for the results he wanted but two years of knowledge of a three year affair just doesn’t really work.

RubiconXRubiconX9 months ago

What a great story! Lover1953 can really write. Great plot, great characters, great dialog. A pleasure to read - I was in the hands of a master and just went along for the ride. And best of all, a rather atypical LW husband - here is a real man, a mature adult, who can think before he acts, who communicates, who puts his children first, who does not resort to violence, who maintains his morals and values without being self-righteous or rigid, who handles a painful, complex situation with genuine emotion and real grace, who patiently tries repeatedly to resolve the issues, but when the time finally comes doesn’t hesitate to do what has to be done and does not look back. Wow. This is one of the best stories I’ve ever read on Lit and especially in LW. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Have a friend who tried similar with the "cheaper to keep her" method but after a very short while the cheating wife couldn't take his bad attitude and figured out that in. the end she would "win" so she filed for divorce. Pretty much ended up with everything. Having the kids did cut into her dating but using his money she got a sitter pretty quick and cheap. So it is a good plan on paper as long as the cheater really wants to stay around regardless of the cost.

Funfriend1410Funfriend14109 months ago

Great story , I really enjoyed , few editing issues and the mothers name changing from Susan to Mary .

By overall excellent

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I love how in a lot of these stories the wife often says that her husband is not losing anything from the relationship and is gaining a better wife and mother. So spreading your legs and becoming a slut improves your ability to parent and be a partner? Also, that wonderful line "it will only be for a short while and then we can grow old together". The wife gives herself to another during her prime and the husband gets the consolation prize of getting the worn out leftovers and impending menopause as a reward.

Fuck that.

Grow old and crabby with a dried up pussy with someone else you cheating tunnel cunted whore!

amygdalaamygdala9 months ago

I read this and came to some of the same conclusions as some of the other readers. Her being away from her family for a few hours a week does not make her an unfit mother. A selfish conceited individual most definitely! But yet again you seem to go out of your way to dumb her down to the extreme, to the point where she becomes a 2 dimensional caricature of all stupid women we readily tend to portray on these LV stories. I did not like how the MC made his kids complicit in carrying on a hidden relationship with Diane and her child while keeping Laura in the dark. What type of an impression does that paint for growing children of what is and not acceptable behavior? And yet again this Laura character was so lost in her own world that she did not suspect that her husband had another in his life and that he was moving on from her. For the fact that he has not slept with her for how so long must have given her an indicator that something was terrible amiss?

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

Many thanks for your story. Literotica costs me nothing, I can't write, so my best contribution is an honest comment to an author.

Though a recent member, I think the Loving Wives section is problematic. The section runs from serious BTB, reconciliation, grudging reunion, RAAR (What is RAAR, I understand the concept of Reunion At Any Cost but what is the second R?) men forced into accepting swinging (perhaps on an unequal basis) forced cuckolds all the way to men who encourage their wives to take other partners. Anything that involves accepting the wife taking other partners really doesn't float my boat, at the idea of encouraging the wife to take another I'm reaching for the sick bag.

Opinions obviously vary, some see it as insecurity if a man doesn't like the idea of another rogering his wife. Some BTB fans would complain if the wife was publicly burn't at the stake that, "The fire was too rapid, and she didn't suffer for long enough."

I made the error of starting to read a long story (I'm usually like the TV quiz Mastermind, I've started, so I'll finish) didn't like where I thought the story was going, unusually crashed to the last page and there was no comment or scoring allowed, so I quit the story.

THE REVIEW BIT.

You explained how Jason was screwed but didn't explain how to escape that, ultimately the story did. At the beginning, I was wondering that while it explained Jason's problems if he divorced Laura, it didn't explain his need to adjust and document their positions gradually. Totally missing that if Laura ceased to be amused and divorced Jason, he was in exactly the same position.

The lack of intimacy or sex between L & J mentioned at the point of divorce didn't quite reconcile with, "It didn't take him long. It'd been weeks, maybe months since he'd touched me and he had all this pent-up frustration to get rid of in a few short minutes. He needed to fuck me. I needed him to fuck me." on page one.

I can never remember the names of who is whom, but I sort of have a good sense of characters. The story must have been reasonably well written because I held with that and didn't notice the name changes some comments mention.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. The only things I didn't like are him dragging the mess out two years. I don't know anyone who could tolerate her for two days and telling her that his lawyer said he would lose in a divorce didn't seem like a good idea and why wouldn't he let her know about his relationship. It would have shown her exactly what it felt like. These things are just personal trips, I don't think husbands should even think about playing fair, when the person you have faith and love does the worse thing you can do to someone. The story itself flows well and nicely written.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Wow! A new twist: predator, wife-stealing lover as therapist! A unique insight from a privileged point of view for sure.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"What kind of a loser does that make me?" - A complete one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Glad you're still writing. I miss reading "Wife has Regrets" and look forward to it coming back! Hope it remains a RAAC and not a BTB and you expand on it, not really change it.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Boring, drab and cookie cutter-esque. Nothing stood out. On the plus side, this and your pretentious diatribe at the beginning is a great cure for insomnia.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I've known a few couples who have gone through this. The family court system is not so much a joke as it is an attack on men. Judges have archaic beliefs that "the little woman" needs help, understanding, and everything husband can give. Only in the court system is it justice for a woman to get a.billion dollars, custody, and the family home all the while permitting her to break their contract and strip the husband of all his life. Michelson created "palimony" establish wife's entitlements due to her child caring, home making, and cooking. A numerical value was placed on these activities. Surprise! Who paid for the house, food health care? If a judge isn't swayed by these arguments her lawyer trots out living as they have become accustomed and of course "best interests of child". When the psychobabble is unearthed by a serious looking bespectacled psychologist, I wonder why no one illustrates every evil person, Hitler Amin, Dahmer, all these people were raised by their mothers. The divorced system is set up to diminish men, removing their ability to compete against a richer class of men.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"The hardcore critics continue to be mainly the anonymous community and to them I offer that they can spend the time to write something themselves and put it in front of the rest of us to critique."

-

This is, sadly, a common misconception. The truth is that a lot of writers, including myself, separate their writing and their commenting. A lot of writers don't take criticism well (some to the point of disabling comments and ratings completely while others curate their comments to only show the ass kissing ones). Tales of retaliatory commenting and rating by these "writers" (often taking advantage of being anonymous or alt accounts) are a common lament. Thus, many do like me and let the comments and ratings of each story be a reflection of that story rather than completely unrelated ranting.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

By breaking this story up into multiple points of view, this author created an excellent opportunity to delve into the thought processes of a cheating female. The author did not follow through. Instead, the reader was subjected to four pages of vapid, delusional rope-a-dope. Even at the half way point it was still possible to empathize with the wife, but nothing beyond a short term, half-hearted effort on her part materialized. The reader is left with the impression that the author believes that is is how "new-age" (the author's term) females are: shallow, insipid, entitled, stupid, delusional cheaters. For the author, this depiction must delineate the high water mark of the "women's movement": the end product of feminism.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If you think this is a short story, I’d hate to wade thru one of your long stories. Sorry, but your characters are not very interesting to read about.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Enjoyed it. The plot was derivative but it's difficult to not have that happen in the Loving Wives category, and while it's hard to believe that a wife could be so delusional as to not expect consequences to her adulterous behavior--at least you wrote her self-explanatory commentary well, if somewhat repetitious. It's hard to portray an adulterous wife as being simply narcissistically self-absorbed without making her also mean-spirited regarding her husband's lack of acceptance of her "need" for a little outside help in relieving the boredom of her sexual relationship with her husband; you managed to make Laura simply thoughtless rather than cruel.

Well done overall. Please keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Congratulations on succeeding to create just about the DUMBEST woman in Lir history! Laura was MSR Hall of Fame worthy.

.

Otherwise lots of plot holes. This shit is going on and her parents never had an inkling? He goes on camping trips WITH Diane and HER kid AND his kids, and his kids don’t talk about it at home? Etc.

.

At least he’s done with this Darwin winner….

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a hard story to rate. The ending was fairly good, but you took way to long to get there, both in time within the story and pages of story.

As others have mentioned, continuity was a recurring issue throughout the tale. I wonder if shortening the story would have helped you with catching those problems as well.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. Just happened like it should. The cheater was totally delusional and got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He put up with that crap for years and Scott walks away free and clear? What a cuck not to mention a gargantuan PUSSY

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

top quality realistic story but perhaps the husband took no action for too long and the story was a bit long but well done

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

The story was too long. Then we never heard the wife's thoughts when she was living alone in a small apartment. We never heard why she only saw the kids once a month. Did she ever understand that what she did was wrong and caused the divorce?

He told her mother what was going on then the parents were surprised to hear what had been happening. This could have been a good story but it was just too long with too much left unsaid.

Karn9Karn99 months ago

Great story, 5*

des911des9119 months ago

Good story well told. Thank you

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

Hey there are a lot of things here that are in the category of 'poetic license'. One of them is the exhusband is going to have to pay the whole mortgage payment on a big house and yet still give the wife half the value when it is sold. That is on top of paying her a big alimony and child support so he lives in a box for a decade or more.

Yeah , he is liable to get screwed. A friend of mine paid his ex support for both kids even though his son hated the situation and moved back in with him. it was a case of cheaper than paying lawyers to fix the situation. They sold the family home and she got her half of the equity. She wanted the kids , got them and he paid child support.

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Good well told story.

LW is a difficult category for writers to really shine in without a really good story and a significant degree of talent to tell the story.

Full marks.

Looking forward to your next submission.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion9 months ago

I'm not going to comment on this one except to say that I thought it needs a lot of cleaning up. It felt like it was written by a lot of people that didn't know what the others had written. Of course, her parents knew what was happening. He had told his mother-in-law what was happening when she ran away to Scott's after being served. It's a diamond in the rough that needs a re-write. 3-stars.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Enjoyable story!

4

Avalon101Avalon1019 months ago

I loved this story, enjoyed it from start to finish.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

The biggest problem with this story is that the wife is written as just plain stupid. It's a common theme in LW, that unfaithful wives are stupid, but women are no stupider than men.

.

How did Laura manage to deceive Jason for as long as she did if she was truly stupid? This does not compute.

mitchawamitchawa9 months ago

It went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

This story should have been no longer than three pages.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was a good story. But you have to wonder if Laura was suffering from some type of mental disorder? Not many woman would give up their children for ANYTHING.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As a commenter stated here once: This story has so many holes it leaks like a soup sandwich!

-

As a Texas family law attorney of 23 years, let me inform you that Texas is "no-fault" only if BOTH parties agree to go no-fault. It's an uncontested divorce in the eyes of the court. In this case, Jason and his attorney could put together a compelling case showing that his wife was at fault due to her infidelity, and as a result, deprecation of the marital environment was primarily due to her actions. Your cynical view of Texas Family Courts and judiciary is part and parcel of the crap some writers depend on to incite and inflame their readers. In reality, real life (about which I am ethically unable to write) is much more inflammatory or inciteful. Like divorce laws and prevailing states' attitudes on divorce, custody, and property division, it's all there for a researcher who cares to dive deep and cross-check their information. (Google 'Texas no-fault divorce' and the first thing you see is 'yes, Texas is a no-fault state' BUT there's one such aforementioned condition.) The only thing you got right is the "kick her to the curb" because, in most of these silly stories, the first thing the character does is change the locks and buy extra trash bags. If that occurs, it takes me (actually my paralegal with my signature) less than an afternoon to get reversed, often with a stern judicial warning. As for "cheaper to keep her," that's been a consideration as long as we've had a formal divorce procedure in society. Nowadays, there's a sub-set, "cheaper to keep him"-it doesn't rhyme but, still... He also did something smart by foregoing sex with her. In most states, having sex with a spouse who is committing non-consensual infidelity is seen as tacit condonation. That's like forgiving or approving. The only thing better would've been to have an attorney draft a legal demand for her to cease and desist. In Texas and in other at-fault states, that's a powerful notification and carries weight in subsequent actions. It's funny that situations like those described here are precisely why the Texas family law code exists as it does.

-

The writer stated: The law in the state says that infidelity is not a factor in divorce. Total BS concerning Texas. Made-up. When Jason decided to commit adultery, he lost his advantage. He also did when he had sex with his adulterous wife.

-

For all the other things wrong with this story, why didn't she have a reciprocal "the talk" with Jason when they returned from their first camping trip? Instead, she mumbles the same crap about her family being a top priority. WHAT woman, having given up her lover to save what was left of her marriage, wouldn't tell her husband of this NEW development? Then, apparently forgetting this little plot twist, you write Laura and Scott back together. Doesn't the reader deserve to know WHY? Or why she never told her husband? Come on. Lazy writing? Yeah, this way, it meandered for about five pages. I mentally pulled the plug there. It entered a place where even suspension of disbelief no longer worked, so for all intents and purposes, the story was finished. Morbid, literary curiosity compelled me to keep reading.

-

The talk before the divorce was more nonsense. Every adulterous woman I've ever had as a client would have taken this out under these particular circumstances, even if only to delay the process and buy time. That's why I advise a client who is the injured party to ask those questions before filing, preferably during professionally facilitated counseling or mediation.

-

For the record, both attorneys memorialized in this piece should not be practicing law anywhere in this solar system, especially in Texas. Claire? At the very least, as the respondent's attorney, she has the right to discovery concerning Jason and possibly challenge or counter-claim his assertions. Yeah, it's fiction. I know, but still.

-

How does this work? Laura's mom, Susan, visits and learns everything that's happening. Laura even gets upset that Jason told her everything. Then, her folks, Don and now, Mary, show up and and are clueless. Does Mary have no short-term memory? Are her parents polygamists? (It would 'splain a lot!) Or does Laura get her spousal communication skills from her mother, Susan/Mary? It's a fitting end to a silly story. I stopped reading there. I've been abused enough. I wish there were a reader abuse statute on the books for stories like this!

-

Does anyone want proof of a story, and a writer who needs an editor like a fish needs water? I present Exhibit A! I rest my case.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another twist, but a good one.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Tropes: two daughters (LW men never have boys?); Storytime at bedtime (in some stories, these kids are like 12-15); Rough boyfriend sex/tender hubby sex; canned confrontation speech from wife (even the same wording read hundreds of times); divorce mythology (same wording et. al.); moved clothes to another bedroom (OP had her move back, which was original); delusional wife without medical or psychological symptoms; kids are never conflicted, turn on Mom and always take Dad's side, and are never devastated by marital dissolution; clueless wife where husband's feelings are concerned; parent apologizing for their cheating daughter (always the same verbiage, give or take a few); parental involvement after the fact (early applied peer pressure would've been invaluable)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another overwritten "How could you cram so little story into so many pages?"

.

What kind of masochist reads these 5, 6, etc, page monstrosities? I open a story, I see it's this long, I go to the end, and give a 1,

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Gave it 5☆. Scott got off Scott free for riding another man's wife for what would have realistically been over three years. I would love to another story done as a companion piece to this one. One that shadows the events of this story and documents Jason's behind-the-scenes plan to cut Scott down to size. Perhaps it's petty. But the blatant bald faced disrespect one man would have for another needs to be addressed.

jstformejstforme9 months ago

Well, you succeeded in writing the dumbest woman on the planet. Laura had the foresight to see a lawyer early on, yet the lawyer (another female) didn’t have any suspicion as to what Al lm these camping trips entailed? Laura was spending time away, but hubby taking the kids away for weeks at a time sort of takes away the chance for Laura to spend any time with them. You don’t need smarts to wonder what’s going on during all this time away, and what the father potentially exposing them to…the whole purpose of the lawyer visits is custody of children, the fact that the lawyer had no strategy or counter offensive is in fact offensive to lawyers and your readers. Good effort, but writing such stupid women really brought the story down. 2.5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Actually, Pages is far and away superior to MS Word, in every possible way. That doesn't make your writing better or worse, it's all you. Doesn't save this 'husband' from being a total wimp, or the 'wife' from being a skanky cum dumpster with no virtues whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

God this was boring as watching paint dry. I quit after page 3 and I doubt it got anymore exciting.

ZackStevensZackStevens9 months ago

This story was too long! This story was too short! The MC is a wimp! The wife walks all over him! The other guy gets no consequences! Blah Blah Blah! BLAH!

Loved it. Realistic portrayal of a caring man pushed too far. Those who say Scott faced no consequences didn't read well enough. :-)

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

An edit would have made this prefect very nice story. The mc's lawyer changed genders a few times lol. which had me thinking if the mother almost always get the kids. what happens to a same gender marriage with kids. Then this story gave me the answer. Its who ever is the prime care giver. I know not that hard to figure out. But I don't live in that world so I didn't really know. (The marriage with kids world)

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - The ending made this an OK story.

However, the one exception from my point of view, is the part where he actually had sex with the SLUT after he found out she was fucking some other guy. I mean - talk about a potential STD cesspool. No way in hell would I even touch that diseased SLUT - I might catch the plague.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A very realistic, in the main, story of a cucked husband who bites the bullet and, taking the time to get his ducks in a row, saves what is most important to him. Is the wife over the top stupid? Yes, but without that written into her character we have a totally different story. A long road to divorce and a long story to roadmap the route. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Depressing story, and it dragged. Four stars.

JPB

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

Well written story, Laura is one stupid entitled woman. Can’t even say BTB because she doesn’t get it. Scott should have been severely beaten long ago.

Thanks for writing 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I greatly enjoy your writing. 5* I’ve been impatiently waiting for the wife regrets reload. I liked to OG. You dog you should have left it until the reload was ready. Lol. Cheers.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
A

Shame the asshole that caused all of this got off Scott free, the husband wasn't man enough to deal with him. A tail about another wimp husband.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 months ago

Good story. It seemed like Laura abandoned Jason and his daughters right from the start. Love that the kids are cool with Jason and Diane ‘shacking up together’ or sharing the bed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story was about three pages too long. It was filled with unoriginal, confusing, contradictory, and repetitive dialogue and information. At its core there was nothing new here. Simply a cut and paste job from a thousand other similar stories. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How many different times did he inform her parents of what was going on after having vowed to never do so? Did he have a camper or a trailer? How many conversations were repeated over and over?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hard to care for this story. From Laura being dumber than shit throughout the whole story. To Jason begging her to stop seeing her lover so many times (even though he should have kicked her out or found a lover of his own instead) and Jason doesn’t immediately block Scott’s number after he called him the first time for some reason?

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Great story about a stupid narcissistic woman who gets what she deserves. I liked it.

Scores 5/5

mazk1098mazk10989 months ago

While it's quite nice story ( 4 ****), I have to admit that I'm more interested in announced 'Wife has regrets" series. I've read qriginal, and while nice, it felt somewhat rushed. Can't wait :)

secretsalsecretsal9 months ago

The synopsis should've been "Sometimes the good guy wins...very slowly."

There's a pretty decent story in there, but too much waffling on account of Laura's arrested development makes it move at a glacial pace.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Enjoyed the story, a good happy ending for Jason and Diane. Thanks for you writing.

BabalooieBabalooie9 months ago

Well done. Wife was dumber than a box of blue crowbars. Husband patiently built a winning case. The good guy won.

TeggeTegge9 months ago

Really good read, thanks!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
Just posted a new story 'Laura.' Yes, I recycle names, she's one of my favs to use in my writing, but the character is frequently different. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories and I'm struck by one recurring conclusion: M...