All Comments on 'Jay's Loelife Ch. 07'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WoW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If only Loren would actually tell Jay how he feels. I get the impression that Jay would prefer the honesty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Poor Loren. Nothing worse than the green eyed monster because it will eat your soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a really well-written story (like all of yours are). But chapter after chapter and I can’t shake the feeling that these two are definitely not right for each other. Jay continues to be disappointed by Loe - such as the harsh reaction to the invite to meet his parents and the pass on any kind of holiday together. Loe continues to recognize that he doesn’t want what Jay values, family, holidays, kids, a nice home together. Loe seems to want a convenient hot guy to fuck when needed (the scene with Sven and Jay was cringey) and Jay wants an honest-to-goodness soulmate and partner. I hope these two begin to converge to be what each other needs but it continues to look so unlikely.

rewski84rewski84about 2 years ago

Loren is irritating, self-centered and selfish. Here's a guy like Jay who's rmore than ready to give him all that he has, but all he wants is a quick fuck. Anything more would imply something similar to dating, which of course, would mean a boyfriend. Which in turn, implies a relationship. What an idiot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Something in Boss Nanny epilogue makes me think Loren grew up in foster care. He’s not perfect (but who is anyway ?) but if it’s true ; given his past , his hesitation in relationships makes sense. Put his upbringing in equations, I think Loren is a great person ! ( how he manages his friendship, work, and he’s honest not wanting relationship from the start instead of pretending or give other false hope)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Triggering" is not the word of choice I would go to for rejecting meeting the boyfriend's family during the holidays. As anon below me commented, the foster care situation seems to make sense with how that topic is never brought up by Jay or Loren back in their small appearances in Boss Nanny, nor did Loren ever mention his parents throughout his perspectives so far. Of course, another possibility is a really awful family situation, but that seems off too since if the parents are that awful, they surely would start acting all nice with Loren's social media popularity.

Rewski84,

You know what is an actual idiot? You. You ignored all the questionable tidbits of info we have so far, and all the mysteries on why Loren is against going on a serious relationship. You made a hasty judgement before getting all the knowledge and label him as an idiot, self-centered, and selfish. It's ironic how those insults actually labels you to a T since that's literally what you did, being self-centered and selfish by assuming a lot about him and acting like an idiot. Good job, keep on ignoring how Loren is just struggling to adapt to a serious relationship and scratch it all up to "ew, selfish much?" when there's more going on about that, but your lack of brain cells won't be able to comprehend that.

Anon 7 months ago,

I don't think you are anywhere close to being right on how Loren just wants a hot guy in bed. You must have skipped the entire perspective in this chapter, because that sounds really stupid to me. It felt more like Loren is too used to the idea of just having sex with no attachment, so Jay doing the courting with the slow burn approach threw him off guard. Adapting to that can't be easy, and we all know that his subconscious wants to try a serious relationship for once, but since he never (?) committed to it, he tends to not open up and go "wow, why no hot steamy action" mode.

Also, you accused Loren of not wanting Jay's values, but I can argue that Jay is doing a similar thing with less intensity. Besides, isn't that what's he doing here with the "Let's break your sex expectations and make it serious because I know you will be my husband." We're just waiting to see who snaps first from being outside of the comfort zone - Jay from waiting for way too long on Loren, or Loren thinking that "you are changing everything about me." Of course, this might not happen so we'll see.

orpahazariahorpahazariah4 months ago

This is the most self centered, selfish main character ever. I can't follow the story, don't know whose perspective I'm reading at any time and it's really boring

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous