Jetsam

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit!" I screamed. I felt the brake pedal throbbing as the ABS kicked in. I gripped the steering wheel tightly, white-knuckled, as the car shuddered to a stop, inches from the ancient Peugeot in front of me.

I let out a shaky breath.

I had a moment in which to think I'd made it.

Then the three ton Mitsubishi LGV clobbered me from behind and rammed the remains of my Mini into the car in front of us.

.:.

I leaned against the roadside barrier, huddling into the emergency blanket that a gentle middle-aged copper had wrapped around me. A paramedic had been past to check me over - neither he nor the police would believe me at first when I said that the Mini was... that the Mini had been mine.

I almost couldn't believe it myself.

Bits of my disembowelled car were strewn over the two nearside lanes, along with an enormous amount of the truck's cargo, half the Peugeot, and the expensive internals of a black BMW sedan that had not had time to react as the accident unfolded ahead of it.

I offered a heartfelt thank-you to whatever engineers had designed my car so well. The engine bay and boot had folded up like tissue paper but the passenger cell's integrity had held. The airbags had scorched my skin, but between them and the seatbelt I was alive.

I was alive, I repeated to myself, almost not believing it.

I took a pained breath.

A scrum of rescuers had been working for forty minutes to try to free the driver of the lorry with cutters and hydraulic spreaders.

The poor man had been screaming and crying at first.

But now everything was eerily, horrifically silent.

Behind the carnage, the westbound side of the motorway was a sea of stationary headlights, held at bay by three police patrol vehicles and the gaggle of other emergency responders and their shield wall of flashing red and blue lights.

I probed the bruise on my lip with my tongue.

My shoulder ached from the welt of the seatbelt. My whole body ached, really.

But it was a small price to pay, all things considered.

Part of the lorry's cabin finally fell free. But the rescuers around the cab were subdued, and there was no mad organised rush of rescue - just the tired, mechanical actions of people doing a necessary thing. The paramedics began to pack away their trauma kit, and I realised that the poor driver would not be going home tonight.

I blinked back the sympathetic tears and looked away. There really was nothing I could have done differently.

I picked up my phone and stared at it, as I had nearly every minute since I scrambled off the tarmac in the frantic seconds after my wrecked car came to a standstill.

Signal... I had signal again.

At last.

I dialled her with numb and shaking fingers; desperate to hear her voice and let her know that I was...

Ring. Ring. Ring. Click

"Kelly? Is that you?"

Her voice was tight, I could hear the panic.

"It's me," I whispered, hoarsely.

"Oh thank God! Where are you! I've been trying to reach you but I could't get through, it kept going to voicemail. It's misty as fuck down here, I wanted to tell you to wait until morning. The news says there's been a massive accident near Ringwood...Kelly? Are you there? Kelly? What's wrong?"

"I'm... I'm ok, Ash," I managed. "I'm alive..."

I heard her gasp. "Kelly? What's going on?"

"I was... involved in the accident. It's... it's bad. My car's... I'm..."

"Jesus Christ, Kelly! No! Where? Are you ok? Please be okay!"

"It's ok. I'm ok. I got out. Just some bruises. God only knows how. But... I don't think I'm going to make it home to you. Not tonight. It's... I'm... I'm a few miles Southampton side of Ringwood. But the motorway's closed... Ash, someone's died... it will be hours."

"I'm getting in the car now."

"Ashleigh! No, please!"

"I'm getting in the car, Kelly, and that's final. Send me a map pin. Please. I'll be there in about ninety minutes. There's no bloody way I'm leaving you there alone."

I could hear by her tone that it was futile to argue with her. I was too tired and sore to fight. "Please, for Christ's sake be careful," I whispered. "One of us nearly dying tonight is bad enough."

"I'll see you now. Stay calm. Stay warm. If you start feeling weird get them to take you to hospital right away, ok? Send me that pin. Send it now."

"Ok..."

"I'll see you now, Kells. Be brave. I'll see you now."

She broke the connection; I stared at the handset.

She was coming. It would be ok.

She was coming.

Everything would be ok.

I began to shiver.

"Are you ok, pet?" asked one of the policewomen as she saw me slump down. "Has anyone taken your details?"

"Yeah," I managed. "Yeah, the lovely guy did with the grey hair... did... sorry, what did you ask me?"

She came over, gave me a closer, concerned look. "Are you alright? You look like you're freezing. Come. I'll put you in my car so you'll stay warm, ok? You'll be out of the chill."

"Thanks," I whispered. "Just... I'm... feeling really spaced out right now."

"It's the shock, pet. Did one of the Ambo lads check you over for injuries?"

"Yeah. Soon as they got here. Gave me the all clear; I don't think they believed it themselves."

She took my arm and gently helped me limp along the verge. "Do you have anyone you can call?"

"Yeah, my... my girlfriend is on her way. But it will take her a while, she has to come all the way from Lyme Regis. I was supposed to be there by now..."

"Tell you what. When this mess clears enough and I can get clearance I'll run you down to Picket Post services near Ringwood - she'll be able to get to you there. There's food and a lavvy and it will be safe and warm while you wait for her. That ok?"

"Thank you. That... would be really kind."

"Here," she said, as she helped me into the back of her patrol vehicle. "I'll leave the doors unlocked, don't worry," she said, with a smile. "If you start feeling poorly, just yell, ok?"

"Ok. Thanks."

She closed the door for me. I sent Ashleigh a map pin, curled up into a corner of the back seat, pulled the blanket around myself and tried not to freak out as the adrenaline slowly left my body.

.:.

She didn't even close her car door. She simply sprinted to me and wrapped herself around me.

I linked my arms behind her back and clung to her, sobbing, not caring that every person in the service station could see and hear.

I only cared that she was there.

"Thank you for... coming," I managed, after some time. "Sorry for going... to pieces on... you."

"I have never, ever been that scared. Not even when I was drowning," she whispered. She pulled back, stared at me, face pale and drawn. "I had this horrible feeling when I saw the haze coming in after sunset. But you were already on the road and I couldn't reach you to warn you."

"The mist was... so thick. And then there was a... dip and it got ten times worse. And then... everyone was braking. And then... a... a lorry hit me."

I felt her take a sharp breath. "A lorry? Oh fuck me. How..."

"I don't know. I don't know. There was nothing left of the... car but the passenger cell. I don't know how I got out of that, Ash. I thought I was a goner."

"You're not dead. You're not. You're alive. And I'm taking you home."

"No!" I cried out, panicking. "No! Please. Not tonight. Please! I can't. Let's... let's just find a cheap hotel. I... I can't be on the road again tonight, Ash. Please," I panted.

"It's ok, Kells, it's ok," she said, stroking my head and back, shielding me from onlookers. "Shh, it's alright, it's ok. I'm here. I've got you."

I buried my face in her jacket and tried to calm myself.

"Just find us a Premier Inn or a hostel or a cardboard box or fucking ditch or a..."

"Hey. Shh. It's ok. It's ok, Kells. I've got this. Shh. Just breathe. Breathe. I'll sort this."

She put her arm around me again, and fiddled with her phone for a moment. "Hotel in Ringwood... hotel in Ringwood," she muttered. She raised it to her ear and waited.

"Hi. Hello. I'm so sorry to disturb you so late. We were involved in the massive accident just outside town. My friend's car is wrecked. Do you have a room available for the night? You do? My name's Ashleigh. Ashleigh Campbell. Thank you. Thank you so much; we're at the Shell service station on the A31... yes. That's right. We'll be there in five minutes I think. It's just the two of us. Oh... oh... thank you so much!"

She hung up.

"Come on, Kells. There's a lodge just up the road," she said gently. "Better than a cheap hotel and they have a room free. Come. Let's go."

"Thank you," I whispered.

She bundled me into Smelly Car and drove us a short distance away from the motorway. I stared vacantly at the passing streetlights, paying very little attention to anything beyond the fact that she was there and I was safe. We pulled up to a large double-story building; she grabbed my bag and my arm and gently helped me to the front door. "Thank you so much," she said to the elderly man who opened for us. "You're an angel. How much do we owe you for this?"

"We'll talk about that in the morning, love," he answered, shaking his head. "Plenty of time tomorrow. Let's get you girls to your room. I've put out towels and extra blankets and clean bathrobes and some things for coffee - if you like I can bring you a sandwich or two, but the kitchen's shut for the evening so it will be whatever I can find that's cold."

"Please. That would be amazing. Her car was hit by a lorry and destroyed, I need to get her into bed as soon as I can. She's going to be black and blue by the morning."

"God almighty, say no more. You're in number seven. Here's your key, I'll be back with some sandwiches for you girls."

"Thank you, you're an angel."

She helped me through the door to our room, and settled me on the bed. She pulled off my shoes for me and then ran me a hot bath. She gently stripped my clothes and underwear off me, and, flushing pink, helped me into the bathtub. I was too tired, too sore and strung out to handle complex tasks or care very much about modesty, so she held the shower faucet for me as I tried to clean the worst of the day off myself. She dug out my pyjamas, helped me dry and dress myself, and then supported me as I eased myself into bed.

"Kells, are you hungry?"

"No," I whispered. "Just tired. Just broken. Need to try to sleep now."

She pulled the duvet and blankets up over me. I lay there in a state approaching drugged catatonia, listening to her as she quietly made herself a something to drink and ate one of the sandwiches. She had a quick bath in my second-hand water, squeezed herself into one of my pyjama tops, and climbed into bed behind me.

I closed my eyes as she put her arm around me, and pushed back hard against her.

She tucked her face in against the nape of my neck, and at last, with very little struggle, I slept.

.:.

We finally got back to the cottage some time around midmorning. I stumbled in and sat down at our table, then slumped forward onto my arms. She put my tog-bag and handbag down in our bedroom, lit the stove and put the kettle on.

"Kelly?"

"Mm," I grunted.

She joined me at our table and after a brief silence she reached out and touched my shoulder.

"I know it's a silly question... but... how are you feeling? You've been really quiet."

"Just... dream state. And sore. Everything just feels a bit jagged and brittle around the edges."

"I know. It takes time to pass. Or at least, it did for me."

"Ash? What... happened to you? You've hinted at things but not really told me anything about it..."

I lifted myself, rested my chin on my hand, watched as she closed her eyes briefly, reliving whatever it was.

"I went swimming and got caught in a rip tide," she said. She stared out the window at our garden. "I was fourteen and stupid and thought I was immortal. I'd been in the water for over an hour, was hypothermic and I had at most another couple of minutes in me when the lifeboat got there. It took me years to work up the courage to swim in the sea again. It still scares me. I still have nightmares, sometimes."

I reached out, found her hand and held it tightly in mine.

"Ash?"

"Yeah," she said, at last. She turned, smiled gently at me as she came back to the present.

"I would not have coped. Last night, I mean. I wouldn't have been ok without you there. Thank you for coming to me."

"There was no question. I knew precisely where I needed to be. And that was with you."

A gust of wind blew through.

"Shitty weather," I whispered. "That's a pity."

"You should be resting, anyway. It's a good day for it. We can lie in your bed, read books, doze..."

"Yeah. I know. But I was looking forward to just sitting somewhere beautiful beside you."

"Your garden is just fine. I'll make us a nest. We can use all the blankets, and we'll be toasty and snug until the rain comes in later."

The kettle boiled and she stood up to take it off the gas.

"Ash?"

"Yeah."

"I had all sorts of plans for this weekend. I'm sorry. I'm... sorry my first time stripping for you was like that."

"It wasn't the first time. It was at least the third," she added, with a quiet laugh. "You keep flashing your breasts at me."

I flushed. "Oh. Yes. I keep forgetting that."

"And besides," she said, glancing back at me. "There'll be other times. And that's what matters to me. I could have lost you. I didn't. That's all I care about. Everything else will come when it's meant to."

She put my cup of coffee down in front of me. "Drink that. I'll make us some sandwiches. I brought supplies this time because I reckoned you'd be late. Just not... this late," she added wryly.

"I had a... premonition. I was going to get off the road at Ringwood and book into a hotel for the night. I just... didn't make it there, I guess."

"Next time, rather err on the side of caution, ok? I can wait for you."

"I will," I sighed. I rubbed my temples tiredly. "I feel sad for my car," I added. "What a way to go. Like a pony being crushed by a rhinoceros."

"Yeah. She was a good little car. But she died with honour. Are you going to get another one?"

"No. It would be like replacing a dead puppy with another of the same breed. Plus... I'll never forget climbing out of her. I don't think I want another Mini. I'll find something else like it. Something super safe."

"Mm."

I watched her as she made brunch for us. I liked how comfortable she'd become in this space. How well the cottage fitted her. How well it fitted... us.

She paused and peered out through the windows. "So much for that idea. I guess we're confined indoors for the duration."

"Why? Oh. I see. I guess the rain was closer than we thought. It's a pity we don't have a couch. We'll have to sort that out sometime. Quite where it will go, though, I'm not sure."

"And in the meantime we'll just have to make a plan," she said, glancing back at me.

I caught the hint of the smile that she gave me.

And just like that I needed to touch her.

I stood, and limped to her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled myself against her back.

"Kells..." she whispered. "What are you doing..."

"Shh."

I ran my hands down over her tummy, along the fronts of her thighs, then back upwards to cup her wonderful breasts. She moaned and pushed back against me. "Oh. Oh that's so nice. Oh God, I love your hands on my body."

"I wanted to wear something skimpy and revealing when I did this. I had a whole plan. But now you're just going to have to be happy with these dirty jeans and my bruises. And you're going to have to be gentle with me."

I rested my cheek against her shoulder.

"Ash," I whispered.

"Uhn hunh..."

"I want you."

"Uhn huh..."

"Is that a yes?" I asked, amused.

"Yes," she moaned, pushing back against me. "I want this. I want you. I'm here. Take me."

I slid my hands down her once more and slowly unbuttoned her jeans so that I could ease my hand inside them. I pulled her against me and slipped my fingers under her panties; teasing down through her soft fuzz of pubic hair to her. She shivered; her thighs squirmed as she squeezed them together around my questing finger. I felt her snatch a breath as I delved for and found her lips. And she let out a raw, breathy moan as I parted her and found her small, firm clit with my fingertip.

"I'm... likely bone dry..." she panted, grinding her bum against me. "You are going... to need... to..."

I inched my finger down lower, found the heat of her already-wet vagina. "Not that dry," I groaned into her back. "Not that dry at all. Opposite in fact. God you feel good."

I teased my fingertip into her, slicking myself, and she shivered as I slipped it back to her clit. And then I slowly pushed back down to her entrance, and then returned to her clit, until her lips were soaked and ready for me.

She was breathing fast and deep, she'd locked her arms and was bracing herself against the counter and wall as she pushed her body back against mine. She'd spread her legs as far as the jeans would let her and was shimmying in small helpless circles; whimpering with each brief spasm that rippled through her as I tortured her.

I got my other hand under her shirt, and then fumbled my fingers under the constricting band of of her sports bra so that I could find and take a nipple between my fingers. I squeezed it firmly, and she cried out. She started to buck against me, riding her clit and cleft along along my fingers, trying to get me into her.

"Kelly... Kelly..." she sobbed. "You're driving me crazy. Put that finger in me, please, please baby, please..."

"I'm going to make you see stars," I groaned. I could feel my own body crying out for her attention; my nipples were aching and there was a burning fire in my belly. But not yet, not my turn yet, this was for her, this was my first time with her, with my lover, and I needed to feel her come for me.

I was desperate to feel her come for me.

She was so wet, her hood so slick under my touch. Her thighs and arms were trembling, and I could feel the sweat beading on her skin as she panted and mewled against me.

I felt her shudder, then shudder again.

I started to drive my whole hand over her, fingers running beside and over the sparse hair of her mons and down to her lips with each long, slow, tortuous stroke I gave her.

"Kelly... uhn... you're... you're killing... me" she moaned. "So close. I'm so close. So... Oh god... oh... uh... uhn..."

She made a strange little noise. Her legs started to quiver, then shake violently as she cried out, a long, pained wail. She clamped her legs down on me, crying out again as I managed to get my fingertip into her so that I could feel the rippling pulses of her muscles.

It seemed to take ages before she relaxed. She slumped forward onto the kitchen counter, her knees collapsing inwards with a thump against the cupboard doors. She lowered her head onto her crossed arms as she tried to catch her breath.

I held myself against her, finger in her, enjoying for a moment the feeling of her hot, tight heat.

Her legs spasmed as I slowly eased my finger out of her. I licked my fingers, shivering at the scent of her, and then simply held myself to her as I listened to the thump-thump of my own racing pulse in my veins.

"Oh fuck me" she whimpered, after some time. "Oh my god, that was sublime. That was amazing."

Groaning, she slowly straightened up. I felt her shudder once. "Aftershock," she panted. "Oh wow. That was intense."

She eased round in my arms and wrapped her own arms around me. She waited for me to look up at her, and then she began to kiss me. She started gently, but my own need built swift as wildfire and I soon had my arms curled behind her neck as I gyrated and ground against her.

"Gonna climb you like a squirrel," I gasped as I broke for air. I lifted a leg and tried to hook it over her hip.

1...56789...11