Jewel Ascending Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lady Delacroix, it has been too long and I must apologize for neglecting to visit you more often. I fear it is never clear how to find the right balance of companionship with friends against the need for solitude as you are still mourning your husband."

Jewel clasped Wanda's hand in polite greeting as she invited her in for refreshments.

Friends? Wanda and Jewel could hardly be considered friends.

"I'm so sorry, but I really can't stay. But I have come to personally invite you to a private formal dinner at our manor this Friday. I hope the invitation isn't on too short of a notice."

Jewel was confused by the invitation. Wanda was her most vocal critic concerning her new political action committee for the abolition of arranged marriages.

"It would be my honor, Lady Oldsworth." Jewel politely accepted. Dianne was always trying to get her to go out more anyway. She didn't really think much about it; a boring dinner among peers, but she needed to be seen and this was just one more way to maintain her standing and status among her peers.

"Indeed, I look forward to hearing more from you about your PAC. I'd like to discuss this with you in detail in a more leisurely setting."

Sudden enthusiasm for the invitation blossomed inside her. To have someone as respected as Lady Oldsworth endorse her cause would be a huge boost for her charity.

That Lady Oldsworth even wanted to discuss Jewel's new campaign to abolish arranged marriages assured her attendance.

Jewel had been repeatedly disappointed that of the many women's charities funded, sponsored or organized by noble women, none of them wanted to coordinate with her to achieve similar goals.

Even the many women's rights groups subtly shunned her political action committee. The very same groups that tried to abolish arranged marriages for women didn't want to suffer from "mission creep" and take on more than they were already handling.

Trying to frame arranged marriage as not just a women's rights issue but as a human rights issue was seen by her peers as diluting their focus and the possibility of their own success.

Lady Oldsworth made it clear that she was ready to leave so Jewel escorted her happily back through the front door of her mansion. A few more polite yet meaningless words were shared before Wanda departed in her car.

Jewel smiled happily. Now that's how things get done, with the personal connections that the nobles keep and maintain with each other. Convincing Wanda, however, would be difficult. Jewel hoped she would be equal to the task as an advocate of abolition.

**

Countess Oldsworth paid close attention to the preparations for dinner. Countess Delacroix had accepted her invitation for a private dinner under the guise of furthering discussion of her abolitionist ideas.

However, the most important aspect of Wanda's preparations was to make absolutely certain that her son behaved and fulfilled his duty to the family as her heir. He must be made resplendent in his formal attire.

Wanda smiled at her ploy. If all went well, in less than a year she could petition the crown to force a marriage in the best interest of Jewel. It was brilliant!

When Jewel arrived she was momentarily surprised when she learned that her dinner with Wanda was exactly that; just Jewel, and Wanda, with no other persons in attendance.

Jewel decided to be grateful. A private dinner would give her the opportunity to focus her arguments and tailor them for Wanda. She only hoped she would be persuasive enough to receive Lady Oldsworth's endorsement.

After only a brief period of small talk and socializing they sat down to a full formal 7 course meal. The dinner was amazing and Lady Oldsworth let Lady Delacroix hold sway over the conversation as she advocated for her platform and sought to convince Wanda to endorse her position.

Favors, Jewel thought. She knew enough from her years of marriage that trading favors was how the real business of Allegorian government and business got done. Jewel was concise yet passionate as she spoke. She needed this win.

Wanda for her part mostly tuned out Jewel's advocacy. She easily feigned all the polite responses to keep Jewel talking but she had made up her mind awhile ago and saw no reason to change it. The sanctity of tradition should not be changed upon the whims of a few disgruntled people. There were so many directions and factions that struggle for control over which way their country is heading, all of it meaningless noise by Wanda's estimation.

With so many competing factions no clear dominant player has yet emerged. The Elite Queens Guard is busy protecting Allegoria's current ruler. The Elite Kings Guard has remained conspicuously above ground and loyal to the current ruler despite the suspicious circumstances and timing of the King's death.

Various special interest groups continued to vie for public attention and support and now Countess Delacroix was embarking on her own crusade.

The abolition of arranged marriages?

Absurd!

Poppycock!

Meanwhile Countess Wanda Oldsworth's preferred choice, the Society for the Restoration of the Matriarchy (SRM) was at least steadily gaining ground in recruiting and infiltrating more of societies leading organizations and government departments and bureaus.

She had just discovered that their most promising member in the NSSA&M, Mindi Tartovski, was up for promotion. Lady Oldsworth had influence with the board of the NSSA&M and intended to make sure she got it.

The patriarchy must be defeated and their defeat must be total! And patient persistent penetration of the halls of power by the matriarchy's members and allies was the only way to succeed.

Her former arch rival Jean Claude Delacroix was cunning, deceitful, and ingenious in his methods to thwart her actions. Not from any sense of nobility or genuine interest in progress but because somehow they simply interfered with his own.

Wanda saw his resurrection of ancient 18th century laws as obviously being a part of his larger struggle against the Society for the Restoration of the Matriarchy.

In Lady Oldsworth's opinion, and hers was the only opinion that mattered; women like Jewel weakened the SRM's claims. They were obviously a way for Count Delacroix to insult the matriarchy and force them to accept feminized male brides as women or be viewed as bigots or hypocrites.

Wanda suspected that the male brides were secretly a means for Jean Claude to infiltrate her organization with obedient submissive male sluts who would betray her and all women just to indulge their sick fetish.

Now all of society, both common and noble was forced to maintain appearances and make public declarations about respect for individual choice as well as respect for cultural appreciation. He masterfully prevented everyone from defying him.

"May I join your women's group or do my cock and balls disqualify me?" Wanda imagined these trannies asking.

But with Count Delacroix dead there was no one left to thwart the SRM's progress and prevent the society from reaching their goals. She need only have the patience and drive to see her dreams realized.

But in the mean time, patience is not a virtue in regards to Kyle Oldsworth. Wanda envisioned that there just might be a way of finding a wife for her gay son. After all, family honor and heritage is a much more important and time critical concern right now than such mundane matters as her son's sexual orientation or preference in a partner.

Wanda sipped the very rare and expensive Bordeaux and listened as Lady Delacroix babbled on about rights and demeaning human dignity and other such silly things.

She was beautiful, I'll give her that. She meets all the expectations of a noble countess of the realm. She is also possibly the wealthiest she-male in the country and in only 8 more months she would be the most eligible single noble on the market.

When Jewel finally reached the end of her argument Wanda was glad. It was becoming tedious, and she was ready to move on to more important matters.

"Well, this is all fascinating and so much to take in. I will have to think critically about all that you have said before I can endorse such a novel position as abolishing arranged marriages."

"Novel position?" Jewel asked. Hadn't she been listening?

"Yes. You have made many valid and compelling arguments, but there is also cultural norms and respect for traditions that must be considered. But rest assured I shall give this my full consideration."

Jewel allowed her self to be mollified by the statement as the server removed her plate. The final course, dessert, was up next.

Jewel seemed pensive after Wanda didn't agree to endorse her charity and political action committee.

"But in the mean time let us move on to less controversial endeavors. I believe you know my son Kyle."

Jewel looked up as an attractive young man of perhaps 20 entered the room. He was dressed in a classically cut immaculate business suit and tie, white shirt and highly polished leather shoes. A crisp neatly folded pocket square was in his breast pocket and Jewel noted his jeweled cufflinks as he adjusted them when he approached her.

"Kyle Oldsworth, Count heir apparent." Wanda's introduced her son, "Kyle, Lady Jewel Delacroix; Countess."

Jewel was suddenly aware that she already knew him.

"Yes, Lady Delacroix, I believe we have met already." Kyle shook Jewel's hand politely.

It took her only a moment to remember that she met Kyle at Lady Montcalm's pool party.

"Yes, so nice to meet you again."

"You've missed dinner my son." Wanda chided gently.

"Yes mother. Work again I'm afraid." Kyle played his part well.

"Well, you arrived in time for dessert. Why don't you and Lady Delacroix take desert and coffee out on the veranda?" Wanda proposed.

"You won't be joining us?" Jewel asked in bewilderment.

"Oh no, no sweets for me I fear. But there is no reason you two can't indulge."

**

Lillian Delacroix smiled pleasantly as her mentor approached. Wanda Oldsworth was equally convivial in her greetings. As co-conspirators for the Society for the Restoration of the Matriarchy this weekly tête-à-tête was important for maintaining the forward momentum of the society's progressive goals.

And that Lillian was the daughter of Jean Claude Delacroix IV and was poised to become the new Chancellor of the Exchequer was certainly an event worthy of their time.

"Congratulations are in order; upon your confirmation as Chancellor of the Exchequer; I know you shall fulfill this role and your duties as well as you father did" Wanda praised.

"I am my father's daughter. Of course I shall." Lillian spoke with resolve.

"I suppose then that there is only the matter of Lady Jewel Delacroix to resolve." Lady Oldsworth stated.

"I had the opportunity to see her at the reception following my father's funeral" Lillian said. "She said she was sorry for the difficulties that her escape attempts may have caused. She said that she never wanted to cause anyone any harm."

Lillian had watched as Jewel received the folded flag from Jean Claude's coffin during his funeral. As a ranking state official he was entitled to burial with honors. That flag should have been mine, Lillian thought, resenting Jewel.

"I think that Jewel was searching for a way to make a connection with me. Technically, I am her step-daughter." Lillian's expression conveyed the annoyance most feel when facing the reality of a step-parent younger than them.

"And what did you say to her" Wanda asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Her attempts to run away were an insult to our culture and our history." Lillian charged.

"How so?" Wanda agreed, but needed to hear Lillian say why.

"It was her duty in an arranged marriage to serve her husband. It was her destiny, her fate."

"And did she agree?"

"No. She argued. She asked 'how can I say that? Am I not allowed to choose my own destiny, my own path in life?'"

"I tried to set her straight. I told her No, your destiny was chosen for you and delivered to you. Your duty was to fulfill your role and bring honor to your husband and our noble institutions. Instead you dishonor our history and my family. Father, may he rest in peace, gave you every advantage and every luxury. Your duty to serve him would allow him to then focus on his service to the people, to bring honor to our institutions. Instead you brought disrespect and shame."

"I take it she didn't like that."

"No. She seemed stunned and still she tried to make peace."

"How so?"

"She said that she was born here but not raised here. She lacks the knowledge and information about our unique culture that we possess, naturally. She said it seemed to her 'you expect me to sacrifice my dreams, goals and aspirations, and even my dignity to serve as a slave someone I never knew and something I didn't understand. Why should I sacrifice everything for that?'" Lillian's voice was raised slightly in anger.

"And what did you say." Wanda prompted, enjoying the gossipy moment immensely.

"Sometimes, sacrifices must be made for the greater good." Lillian answered evenly.

Wanda nodded approvingly.

"I only wish there was something that I can do. She now has all of father's wealth and none of his ambition."

"I'm sure it will please you to know that I am working on that problem as we speak." Wanda revealed.

Lillian raised an eyebrow in inquiry.

"Do you know a Dr. Patricia Agonia?"

"No, I don't think so...wait...isn't she my step-moth...Jewel's therapist?"

"Indeed she is. She is one of my agents inside the NSSA&M. Listen closely and let me tell you what I have planned and what I need you to do."

**

Lillian carefully considered what Lady Oldsworth had told her. And while she agreed with her reasoning she didn't agree that Lady Jewel would fall into her plans so easily.

Lillian truly believed in the goals that the Society for the Restoration of the Matriarchy worked toward. She knew from personal experience and observation that men are dangerous and must be controlled.

Lillian thought about her mother. Lillian grew up mostly alone due to the parental indifference and arrogance of her father. He had routinely gas lighted her mother to cover up his numerous indiscretions, eventually it drove her mad and to an early grave.

Lillian wasn't disappointed or saddened by his death. She was angered that Lady Jewel Veronica Delacroix was the sole beneficiary of his estate as his wife. Why her father had held onto her and kept her close for so long was a mystery.

As an arranged marriage male bride she would have thought her father would have cast her off as soon as he was finished destroying and humiliating John McLeod.

But if wishes were fishes...

Lillian hoped Wanda's plan for Jewel would work. The society could really use the wealth that Jean Claude had acquired over his lifetime. Lillian guestimated that he should have been almost a trillionaire by now given his legal and extra-legal investments.

But if Wanda's plan doesn't work Lillian had a plan of her own. She would seek to find the means to dis-enoble her step mother and take Jewel's inheritance for her own.

**

Lillian greeted her visitor privately in her home, away from prying eyes.

"I suppose you are wondering why I have invited you here."

"I can only assume that it is of a personal nature since I do believe all my tax receipts are in order." The hypnotherapist smiled pleasantly facing the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Lillian didn't laugh or even smile. That joke was as old as dirt.

"Dr. Patricia Alexis Agonia, Medical Doctor and Hypnotherapist. Specializing in cutting edge hypnotherapy techniques used in the rehabilitation and conditioning of criminals and...others..." Lillian trailed off leveling a penetrating gaze and Dr. Agonia.

Dr. Agonia didn't rise to the provocation, instead choosing to sit silently and quietly, all the while holding Lillian's gaze with her own. Patricia now knew who she was dealing with. It wasn't Lillian as Chancellor; it was Lillian as Daughter of Count Delacroix.

"As executor of my father's estate I have come across some troubling information." Lillian announced.

Patricia still remained silent.

"Perhaps you want to tell me exactly what it is you have been doing with my step-mother?"

**

Patricia Agonia smiled as she left her meeting with Lillian Delacroix. By remaining calm and professional she had managed to control the direction of the conversation with the Chancellor and was very pleased with the result of their meeting.

Dr. Patricia Agonia had the skills and experience to do what was wanted and the wisdom to know that they (the nobles) needed her, she didn't need them.

Being asked to do something improper wasn't a new experience for Patricia. Nobles approached her weekly with one scheme or another. Most thought that they could simply intimidate her into agreeing to whatever it was they wanted.

Patricia decided she like Lillian. Her goals appealed to Patricia's sense of justice and her plan was simple and direct. Patricia always made sure to cover her own ass though. Her legal agreement with Count Delacroix had been more that enough to absolve her of any wrong doing. Insisting that Lillian observe the same set of Noble rules, principles, and privileges as her father did was enough to convince her to accept Lillian's proposal.

Well, that and the money of course.

Patricia drove back to her office and began planning her next few hypnosis sessions for Lady Jewel Veronica Delacroix. Patricia even felt good about what she was asked to do. Convincing Jewel to marry shouldn't take much time or effort at all!

**

Jewel entered the home and made her cordial greetings with the arranged marriage male bride. Jewel was slowly working her way around to meet, greet, and interview each of the known male brides currently in Allegoria.

Jewel had Dianne make all the arrangements but she was usually frustrated. Most of the husband's seemed reluctant to allow their male-wives to have a private interview with Lady Delacroix.

It seems her speech on the abolition of arranged marriages did not endear her to those currently benefitting from them.

Jewel had met her first arranged marriage male bride, Tawny White only a few weeks ago. Dianne had informed her that both John "Dorothy" Hastings and Baroness Marcia Vargos had refused her invitation.

Dorothy made polite excuses stating she was much too busy assisting Baroness Marcia Vargos as she adjusted to her arranged marriage; a bold and borderline rude gesture refusing a noble's invitation. The baroness meanwhile had her refusal given on her behalf by her husband. As a fellow noble, Jewel could not force the issue. At least her status as a noble gave her the clout she needed to gain access to the remaining non-noble male brides.

All the other arrange marriage male brides were married to extremely wealthy commoners. She and Marcia Vargos were currently the only noble arranged marriage male brides at the moment.

A seventh prospective male bride was said to be in training under the tutelage of Leanne. Jewel actually dreaded the prospect of having to see Leanne again and let this one slip by for now.

**

Chrissi Balzac was not quite what she expected.

Standing in the corner of the room facing the corner Chrissi was wearing a tight powder blue over bust corset and short two tiered tulle petticoat that reached just to her upper thighs. She wore long white thigh high stockings and the hems were visible below the hem of the petticoat. Her powder blue high heels were easily 5 inches high.

Her corset left her shoulders exposed and displayed her smooth creamy white flesh above her bosom. Chrissi was clearly flat chested and what passed for her tiny non-existent breasts were clearly due to the corset pushing up on her chest. She had a long slender neck that was framed by the large hoop earrings dangling from each ear.