All Comments on 'Jim and Laura: Quid Pro Quo'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Harryin VA

Jason is mentioned several times in the last couple of pages, but get real mate. What man with a "bit on the side" would consider carrying on with a slut impregnated by another man.

That is a passion killer - she'd be dumped faster than a speeding bullet.

Nicely told story from all three angles.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Pretty good

A little stilted in places but eventually flowed a little better. Sometimes a constantly changing pov can be confusing but not too bad here. Thank you for your work. Oh and ignore Harry it's just the way he is, don't think he understood the timeline.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
umm

this didnt make any sense

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

That was a very enjoyable story with some fitting consequences for Laura after destroying her marriage. It was nice to see her end up heartbroken and alone with the bastard baby.

I think this kind of drawn-out death knell for a broken marriage is much more common and realistic than the fiery BtB tales, as entertaining as they might be. I'm glad he just moved on with Amanda, rather than "honour his wedding vows" to Laura after she turned into a cheating slut.

My only criticism was the amount of narration and minimal dialogue. A scene with believable dialogue between characters is 10x more engaging than being told dispassionately what happened. Still 5*.

looking4itlooking4itover 3 years ago

One of my pet peeves about writers and their stories is when they lose track of their characters. He tells Laura the he and Laura are moving in together. Really? That is a little proof read that you could have anyone do including yourself. Spelling, word choice and punctuation blunders are bothersome but to insert the wrong name of a character is a total lack of respect for your story not to mention your readers.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. In my opinion it had it all.

Jim’s actions were just right, Laura’s actions believable. The consequences were brutal and the revenge delicious.

The biggest winner, Amanda, a serial cheater before had lost everything precious to her and she learnt from her mistakes. She knew what she wanted and used her new found knowledge to good effect and won the prize she wanted.

She now also understands what fidelity can bring, happiness.

This story scores a well deserved 5/5.

Well done Author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Three Stars

As mentioned previously, the story is a bit stilted in the first stages. Also, the grammar needs to be tightened throughout.

Nonetheless; this is a pretty good yarn that holds the reader's attention and shows the author's potential to write rather well.

Thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why though?

Why would he get involved with a known cheater? Not one bastard child, but two? Holy fuck, that's spectacularly and intentionally evil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Repetitive boring rubbish. You need an editor that will help you cut out the repetitive bullshit.

"Laura, we need to tell you now that I'm selling the house. You'll get your half of the money after the mortgage is satisfied with the bank. You see, Laura and I are moving in together."

He was moving back in with his ex?

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

This story should have been about Amanda and be called: "Learn with our own mistakes"...Nothing more was said about the real father of the new child...Did his wife accept his cheatings and his new child? Did he payed child support? Two or three lines were more than enough to say all this...Knowing why Amanda was divorced does he going to do a DNA test to the child? Or will he accept her word for it? Too many questions unanswered...3*

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
HOPE AND PRAYER CAN BRING ABOUT THOSE RESULTS

you are asking for, but it usually doesn't happen for when it does, its great. TK U MLJ LV NV

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Why on God's green Earth would you leave one cheater for another?

That makes absolutely no sense. Amanda fucked around long enough to have TWO bastard children and he still married her on the hope that she's 'learned her lesson'. Fairly quickly, too, given the divorce was just finishing and he was almost free of the hell that he was in.

Additionally, you built this up at the beginning as a revenge situation, describing his knowledge and capability for vengeful actions. Yet there was no revenge, she fucked up and got pregnant on her own. He didn't plan it or influence it. If your idea of revenge is a final meeting with him and his new slut, that is mild as fuck.

Finally, what changed in New York law between the time he had evidence of her affair and the time she birthed a biracial child? Based on the scenario you opened with, proof of her infidelity meant nothing, so how did he waltz out with custody plus a golden settlement? She caved on everything with no incentive on her part. She didn't even attempt to get custody as a threat to stay married.

In the end, the only sympathetic characters are the children and her poor parents. Everyone else is fucked in the head. I'd suggest a rewrite or an editor to fix some of those gaping plot holes as well. This reads as a first draft, or God forbid, this actually happened to you on some similar fashion. That might make sense simply because truth is generally stranger than fiction.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

The lack of dialogue made this difficult to read and I found myself jumping past huge chunks of text. And he's moving from one woman who cheated on him and had another man's child to a woman who cheated on her husband and had children by another man?

Smart move. He's the first cognitively challenged lawyer I've heard of.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Wife cheats, husband cheats, and as usual hubby comes out smelling like a rose with new hot wife, kids a great life whereas wife ends up alone in her small apartment. Same old tired story been told hundreds of times. Completely boring as you know the ending by the end of the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It’s fine; your style is just very dull / clinical

Also not a fan of the rotating POVs

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
cold fish

The main character in this story is not Scottish-Irish, rather like a cold-blooded WASP, a typical Englishman 2*

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Just an average 3* story. Why didn't Laura get an abortion when she knew to 99% certainty that she was carrying a bastard child that would kill her marriage and family? No discussion of that obvious point, which is disappointing as was the lack of any understanding as to why Laura cheated in the first place.

I did like that amanda had learned her lesson and was given a second chance not only for herself but had a father for her children. It is unfortunate that Emma will never know a father.

Anyhow a sad situation, which the author only ht on the outskirts and never got deeply enough into the relationships to make the story anywhere near compelling.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
This started out great, . . .

. . . as a realistic look at the emotions of a husband who’s being cheated on. Then, it completely lost its impact when you switched perspectives, and became a standard divorce story. I was able to get into Jim’s character, and then it all fell flat.

I get it: you started in first person, and that was how you were able to convey Jim’s emotions, but then you wanted to tell us what was going on with Laura and Amanda, and couldn’t do that in Jim’s voice. Maybe we don’t need to know everything going on in their heads. This story deserves a rewrite, solely from Jim’s perspective. For example, the last meeting with Laura could have been told from Jim’s perspective with him realizing from Laura’s reactions that, whatever she wanted, Amanda’s presence changed the entire meeting.

A little bit of medical science here: forgetting two birth control pills in a row is very likely to trigger ovulation, but that still takes a couple of days for that to happen; Laura should not have gotten knocked up in Vegas, but by Jim when she got back.

Laura knew she fucked up in Vegas; why didn’t she get Plan B immediately?

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Quid Pro Quo?

Nice story, good flow and better than many of the stories that switch narrators! Quid Pro Quo was appropriate when Jim had a FWB and the slut was screwing 'Jason' but it ended as more of a 'revenge is a life lived well' situation. Either way it's a good story, satisfying read and an appropriate commentary on the CROOKED family law in the USA ( That has to get fixed for real sometime SOON!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't get it...

I am not a divorce lawyer and know nothing of the law. So why, when he finds out about her affair he decides to do nothing as he would get wiped out in a divorce. Yet, after the vegas trip and the baby, he can get divorced? Wouldn't he still be wiped out? I see custody somehow went his way but she would still take the cash and he still has to pay whatever he would have prior to her getting pregnant, right?

And I agree, not sure I would take Amanda. Maybe as a FWB but I would not marry her. And if they used condoms, she got pregnant? Guess one broke.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
What about Glen?

Did Jim force the paternity issue or did he get away without punishment. His wife should have received pictures and a DNA swab to make her husband open wide

wonder203wonder203over 3 years ago
Thanks

I am always appreciative of those that take the time to try to write for others entertainment. Your story is good except for the constant repetition of facts. This comes from the shifting points of view however you even did it with the same person speaking. An editor would help you.

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 3 years ago

Simply not believable. True, I'm not the author, but I read the whole story....and find it isn't worth reading. My bad.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
Oddly enough, HiV has a good point.

The first section of the story about the wife having a lover had almost no relevance. The rant about divorce screwing the husband is really getting old. JPB has used it for 20 years, but his stories have more emotion. My wife cheated and got pregnant by a different man so I am going to divorce her and marry a woman who has done the same thing... twice. When you boil this story down, there is very little to it.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

Had you written the story from just one POV, I could have accepted the ending. As pointed out by others, we now Jim's and Amanda's outcome, but you didn't finish what happened to Laura. If she needed a night life why didn't her parents (who were more than hopeful that Jim would forgive and forget) watch the grandchild for her? Why didn't she become friends with Amanda and learn from her?

You made Jason and Gary important characters in the story then dropped them, why? Maybe a follow up is in order. Better luck next time.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

Nice fantasy.

I didn't like that there was never any confrontation about Jason. He was never even mentioned between them. The closest was hubby saying that she cheated on him "for years".

The second thing missing was what happened with Glen. Did she go after him for child support? Did his wife find out?

What about Jason?

These are important things we needed to know.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Odd

The story itself was oddly told and lacked character. Nomenclature is most odd:

Laura Grovsner should be Laura Grosvenor, which is, very much, an ancient name in England and a well respected one at that. Pronounced "Grove-nor" it's easy to understand the misspelling, but for the future Google is a mine of information !

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

This started well then it just slowly died. The wife's long term cheating got lost after she got pregnant and was only mentioned briefly when they were discussing the pregnancy. There was no shock from the wife that he knew about that and he never threw it in her face. There was little from the wife as to why she was cheating or any concern about what would happen if she was found out. Nothing from her about her kids and what divorce would do to them. To be honest there was a lack of emotion shown by either party and that let the story down. I'm glad he found happiness but what could have been a 5 star story could only merit a 3. Sorry.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

I gave you 5 stars. Not that I liked the characters and what they did. But because the story was well conceived and written. sure there were editing error.

The main character found himself trapped in a situation. But as a good lawyer he could have made things difficult for Jason, his wife's in town lover as well as for the guy in Houston who got his wife pregnant. He did not. He merely had his own affair for sex and played father for his children. I don't know many men who could put up with that. He never even let his wife know how much he really knew about her long term cheating except for one little comment that the soon to be ex ignored like she had not even heard. He wasted way too much of his life with her.

Amanda is a piece of work. Serial cheater on her first husband. Ok, you can forgive and trust... BUT only with a hard core pre-nup.

Laura the wife, never really came to terms with her messing around until the very end. She mentioned "abortion but didn't". Not a deep conviction against it etc.

All faulty characters. Still your characters, your story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Does Jim know neither of Amanda’s two children...

...are her ex-husband’s? And they are from two different fathers? That is, does he know she used to be a cheating slut, perhaps bigger than Laura? I don’t think it ever says within the story.

If he does know, how does Amanda explain it away so she doesn’t come off so bad?

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

How did Laura not know about Amanda? Jim and Amanda took their families to Disney World and the kids got along famously. All the times the kids spent with Amanda and her kids - how did the kids not mention those times to their mother?

And how in the hell can the laws be changed to be more equitable for the non cheating husbands in divorces?? Or is that merely literary license?

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Despite the mostly mixed to negative reviews I really enjoyed this one and not only give it 5 stars. Not only that I plan to review the author's other Literotica stories for some I,may have missed. In my opinion about 85% of stories in the LW category are garbage these days. So when a story like this comes along it is a breath of fresh air.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a mixed bag.......

Decent plot.

But being 99.9% narration sucked the life out of it. The characters were cardboard.

BTW — couldn’t Laura go after her baby’s father for support?

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
The same

If you have read Emma And John by lover1953, don't read this. They are exactly the same except the names.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Good story

LOUSY ending.

You could have said, “I’m tired of writing this crap.” And then just stopped writing.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Lacking

Too many holes in the story. Initially I was interested in the story. We were getting only Jim's view, Than Laura and than finally Amanda. To me the story changed and became way to complicated. Adding a bi-racial baby added little, other than making Laura a bigger slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mordbrand

Is 100% right!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

The guy was a cuck - I get staying for the kids and because the courts will fuck you harder, but he willing to take back the whore and ignore her cheating if she stopped,

I fail to see why her getting pregnant suddenly changed his mind

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

The plot's not very original but the writing is very good, and held my attention. DO an extra proof-reading.

"LAURA, we need to tell you now that I'm selling the house. You'll get your half of the money after the mortgage is satisfied with the bank. You see, LAURA and I are moving in together."

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago

One thing you can always depend on, Harryin VA is always gonna be an asshole in his comments. But moving on...the story was very mechanical. Could not find any emotion for anyone. Changes in POV made it difficult to follow although I think they have a place, just not in this story. There was no character to like. Both women were whores. For a lawyer, the guy was a dumbass. Story Just didn’t do anything for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes the move seems lateral, from one cheater to another

But it really isnt. The truth is Amanda is different because she has changed and recognizes what she wants. What she wants is Jim. Laura had him and fucked him away. By the way, it does make a difference that Laura's lover is Black. It's why so many of these stories have Black men in them. The intent is to inflict as much pain and disrespect possible on the white husband, therefore by connection in the reader. We all know Black men have wanted and tried to fuck every Blond white woman possible, making them all pregnant so as to "stick it to the man". And the dumb sluts do it to "stick it to their father's" by extension their husbands. None of my friends or myself would touch cheerleaders in college. We knew they were all drinking, drugging, and fucking their lives away with ignorant Black athletes and had become damaged goods.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

I have to say that the children were the only characters I liked and there wasn't much of them. The rest are all shades of evil. Still, I suspect that's the truth more often than we care to think. Good effort, but it's better when there is someone who isn't a cheater.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
BAD LAWYER

I would not want to use a lawyer whose judgement is as poor as Jim's. His new bride has a history of cheating that exceeds that of his ex. He is headed for another divorce. Wouldn't want him handling any of my legal affairs. He can't think clearly. Still, it is a pretty good story and well written. 4*

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956over 3 years ago

Strange that the lopsided judgements against husbands were explained but never became an issue. Also strange that the sluts never considered terminating the pregnancy.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago
Richard Gerald light

Very Richard gerald. Set in Albany New York area. Women who cheat. Same women are too stupid to walk and breathe at same time. Man who accepts cheating. Etc... etc....

If she knew it was black child, and valued her marriage she would have aborted baby. She was already a cheater so she did not care about marriage.

He goes and cheats with a woman who not only is OK with him cheating, but had children with two men not her husband while married. Sounds like a great long term relationship target. No red flags there.

Neither of these women seemed to care about getting pregnant nor getting an std.

xiluaxiluaover 3 years ago
Pathetic

The author must be a retarded woman or a 14 years old boy with no inkling as to what a man psyche is like to write such reactions from the guy. Irish/Scottish descent you said...what the fuck? Most likely a cold fish descent. 1 start for idiocy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Zzzzzzzz . . .

You spent paragraphs on page 1 complaining about the legal system ad nauseam. . . and then the story got even *more* boring. The baby girl is probably more interesting than any of the three main characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I enjoyed the story, in my limited opinion you're definitely improving. a little more dialogue between your characters would have been preferable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awful

He's perfectly happy to let his wife fuck other people but decides to get his own on the side - all the while pretending that everything is fine at home.

Not only does he also decide to cheat to, I guess, even things up with his wife but he takes the kids on a vacation with his FWB - while he is still living with his wife and pretending all is well.

Then his wife "forgets" to take her pill two days in a row? Who does that? No morning after pill? No abortion because she hopes (against all evidence) that the MC is the father?

When his wife has the baby - they live together for weeks or months before he decides to tell her of the separation/divorce.

Then he decide to marry his FWB and take on her two kids - knowing that she is no different than his wife.

Three terrible people - the only ones who are worth anything are the kids who nobody seems to care about.

And just snippets of dialogue shoved into long, boring narrative.

This is just awful. 1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

She's concerned about four days fucking, but has a years long affair without a second thought?

/

"You've been unfaithful for years now and now it comes to an end." - Is the first she's learned that he knew about her affair? She didn't react at all.

/

Why do we not see the conversation where Amanda tells Jim she's pregnant? She was all concerned when she found out she was pregnant, now she's four months along, and Jim is happy and unconcerned.

/

I agree with the criticism about too much narration and not enough dialog.

/

@Anonymous Re: "Why though?" - Why not? That's why, while I'm not usually a fan of reconciliation, I'm NOT opposed to it. If, as here, you can happily marry a woman that cheated on another man, why couldn't you do it with your own ex?

/

Why was nothing said about Jason until the end? Shouldn't we also have seen THAT conversation where they broke up?

/

@mordbrand, while the MARRIAGE is quick, he's been having an affair with Amanda for months if not years. HE'S obviously satisfied that she's learned her lesson, and he knows her better than we do! I'm certainly no expert on Family Law, but I think her actually having a child with the lover carries more weight than simply having an affair.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Not bad, but lacking in some aspects. I get why he got some on the side, but that made him no better than she. Also, if they weren't having sex much anyway any normal guy would just stop fucking his wife if he were worried about an STD.

Overly wordy too, 3 page story at most. Dont feel bad, most 4 page stories are only worth two pages generally speaking.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

Good story, but rather dry storytelling.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
SORRY!

This story is just stupid. No human beings would act the way that you depict.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Get an editor. Please.

The story has been told hundreds of times, the characters aren't interesting, and the writing is one train wreck after another. You have stories you want to tell. Please find someone to help you tell them better.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
To timriv

Yes, same old story. Almost as repetitive and boring as the low scoring cuck stories.

As for she cheats, he cheats... well, too bad. That was about his self confidence, triggered by her initial betrayal, then exacerbated by the legal framework that would have seen him fucked over and buried by a system that just does not care about justice. If she had never precipitated the events, there would not have been a story at all.

Sure, he abandoned the moral high ground, but that is better than BEING abandoned and destroyed, meeting her betrayal break him... and in the end, he really did nothing wrong... she destroyed the marriage long, long before he joined in the effort. There was no marriage to save. Only lies to protect, and self image to promote.

If you don't like this kind of story, then don't read them. It's always been patently obvious where your sympathies lie due to your comments. All I can surmise, is that you want to sell your version of morality to others.

As for me? Do I bother reading the cuck crap and trolling in the comments? No, because that would be a waste of my time and everyone else's.

I also don't vote them up or down. That's for people who get into them enough to read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A couple of lying, cheating women

Neck deep in their plots. But you almost gave me a heart attack at the end when you wrote - "You see, Laura and I are moving in together"! He's going back to his ex-wife???? Damn! You might want to change that part. But the schemer Amanda wasn't any great prize. Talk about a manipulative woman! I did wonder why Laura didn't get an abortion? Or why the Courts would not give her custody? She cheats and she has another man's baby. Doesn't make her an unfit mother in the Courts eyes. A little to long but otherwise an entertaining story.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Encyclopedic style.

Need to inject a bit of life into the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
All very sterile

Also if his heritage is Scottish and Irish does that mean that he's one half crack addict, one half drunken idiot?

likeboblikebobover 3 years ago

A good story line for a daytime soap ! LOL

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

"NY law permits her to fuck around, and for her to fuck me in the divorce."

Wife screws around and husband gets full custody and keeps living in the house.

Your story makes no sense.

crazycujocrazycujoover 3 years ago
I liked the story, but......

Two of your main characters ended up in pleasant circumstances, and Laura got what she deserved. Glen appeared to escape any responsibility however, and it seemed you had him as a serial sexual predator. It would have been nice to see him get some payback, but it was still an enjoyable story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What made the first wife become a whore?

What made the second wife become a whore during the first marriage? You are describing people who have sex with almost no forethought or caution, just giving in to animal lust and immediate gratification. That's what men do. That's what the modern woman is supposed to do, but only the terminally stupid do so.

Men fuck for sex. Women fuck for romance. Sure there are plenty of young idealistic indoctrinated women who think they are supposed to go for the sex just like a man does. Those dumb broads deserve what they get, as depicted in this story. If they are lucky they get a second place marriage, a conciliation marriage. Most get what Laura is getting, leftovers and a casual fuck from some guy who can't find younger and prettier. And since most women know this from about the age of 14, very few end up as stupid as the feminist try to program them to be.

Nice try, but its just silly and a bit absurd. She knows she's pregnant but keeps the baby just HOPING the kid isn't the wrong race? Like this stupid whore would care that she might be killing her husband's baby? She sure didn't care that she was killing her husband's marriage.

Thanks for the effort, but no sale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
enjoyed it and understand your feelings on NY

NY is not for fair minded people expecting justice. If you are the wronged person you are usually fucked.

I had an employee that came from NY. My company at the time was based in AZ. A couple of weeks after he started I received a notice that I had to garnish his wages for child support and alimony. I brought him in and told him about the notice. He said that it was the same at the last places that he worked and he would just quit because he couldn't afford to live and pay what they were asking. I asked him what happened and he showed me his copy of the divorce and a DNA test that showed he wasn't the father. But, since his name was on the birth certificate he was having to pay child support and alimony. After the baby was born( a few months later) she served him with divorce papers. She moved her boyfriend ( an ex and the father of the baby).

into the house and had him removed. She got his house and the lion share of the assets. Along with child support and alimony to the tune of about 2000 a month. 500/1500. After making a few calls to confirm his story and checking into the legal side of their request. I responded to the NY attorney that I would send the child support from his pay as soon he showed me proof that he was allowed to see the child as his visitation detailed. It seems the ex-wife wanted the money but didn't want him to see his "child" as directed. Always having the child unavailable on his scheduled dates. I also told him as far as I was concerned her boyfriend and daddy could cover the alimony.

About a week later I received a letter that threatened action if i didn't comply. Well, I delivered the notice to my company attorney and told him to handle it. Funny thing about these NY legal parasites. They have a lot of bark but really don't want to get into it when the other party is ready to bite back. I don't live in liberal states for a reason and I'll be damned if I will be ordered to do anything by them.

Now don't get me wrong. If the child would have been his I would have pulled the support payments. If you have kids it is your responsibility to take care of them. As far as the alimony goes that is between the courts and the divorced couple to handle.

Aw hell its all a mot point anyway, NY and California are already dead anyway. The people who can are fleeing them like ticks off a dead animal. The only ones that don't admit it are the political parasites that are trying to get the last drop blood before they bail.

Just an FYI to these parasites. Try and bring your way of life to us and you will find that our way of dealing with you is final and permanent.

hugplxhugplxover 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure you're seeing a lot of this in the comments, but this story didn't pass the sniff test.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

great story, loved the multi-pov narrations.

I liked that Jim did nothing and Laura messed it for herself.

it was satisfying to see Laura stress out and regret over what she did.

found Amanda to be an interesting character, it was difficult to tell if she loves him or just didn't want to be alone but in the end, she fell in love with him anyway. it's rare to see a cheater having a redeeming story and moving on to a better life.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Good story. I could've done without all the men's rights whining about NY divorce courts at the beginning and an exploration of the emotional geography of the protagonists would'ved been nice, but well written and paced and probably pretty close to most people's real lives.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 3 years ago
I read this through to see if it was as bad as it sounded...

And I wasn't disappointed.

Jim is a Grade-A asshole. That is very strong language for me, but he richly deserved it. His utter cold and callous attitude, combined with his ranting about the New York judicial system and his blatant hypocrisy in knocking up Amanda just because he's "better" than Laura, shows how low he will stoop.

I have zero love for cheating wives, but enough is enough. Jim shouldn't rub Laura's nose in the dirt like that. His implied contempt for Amanda as well is very evident. Sooner or later Amanda will divorce him, and I hope she keeps their child together and takes him for a real ride.

This is a great example of how the "innocent" party is worse than the guilty ones, plural.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with others

there is no loving in this loving wives story. no motivations . why cheat ? and does anybody really care for anybody else in this story ?

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 3 years ago
@ Mr lover1953

There are many valid comments on your story so far, although some are rudely worded. The fact some people use the anonymity of the internet to be uncivil is a mark of their character, not yours.

Very well done for having a go and please don't let them discourage you from writing more. That is their aim.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

Not a good story. The actions of the key characters don't make sense. After the ranting about the divorce laws, miraculously everything worked perfectly for him. No push back at all..That's stupid. There's really no emotion by anyone just calculations. I guess they all live transactional lives? I read it all the way through and that was a chore.

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 3 years ago
Hmm

“ I figured out a few months ago that my charming wife of nine years, Laura Grovsner, was involved with other men” and you did nothing? In all that months, I’m calling bullshit

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Nice Piece Of Writing****

The only problem with this story if it's a problem. There will probability be five or six sequels to it. I hope they are not as long. It was a entertaining read to me just a little long winded. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Would have been more interesting if....

Amandas new baby was biracial! Cheating bitches all around! Lol

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Nicely subtle, nuanced, and mature

Nicely methodical, mature, and without a knee jerk reaction by the husband.

Nice change of pace from the normal wild-eyed BTB story.

What I was curious about, however, was his implication that the SA is a tool to leverage Laura to leave the house. I always thought it had to be an agreement between two mature adults. No court order, no police or court officers involved, just a discussion between two adults with the occasional attorney inclusion.

Well written. Well thought out and realistic. 5*s.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago
Just... wow

He's fully aware that Amanda had two different children by two different fathers, and neither was her husband?! I call bullshit, two baby daddy's already makes her stupid, him getting her pregnant again & marrying her makes him DESERVE her! That tiger is not gonna change her stripes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ended like that?

3 pages and it wraps up in a paragraph? I was expecting a little more development of the ending. And I can't believe that Jim wasn't DAMN careful to make sure Amanda didn't get knocked up. Especially knowing her past and Laura getting preggers.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago

Jim's a fool..Amanda? And staying that long with a cheating wife?

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
What

What happened to the Duncan's,surely he told Duncan's wife he had fathered a child.?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

I , for one, enjoyed your story. I understand his staying in the marriage to avoid getting raped in a divorce. Larura was just too much of a whore, and the little half black bastard finished her off. The story didn’t mention it, but I would think Mr. Duncan would be on the hook for child support. Amanda is a little suspect as wife material, but maybe she has learned her lesson. Great story.

The anonymous with the comment about Arizona is right on. My wife is originally from Scottsdale, and her family is still there. We bought a condo in Rio Verde a few years ago on the advice of a sister in law, who is in real estate. We were lucky, as in the past couple of years the flood of Californians has overwhelmed the real estate market. Places that are barely habitable are going for outrageous prices. Real estate is approaching California levels very quickly. The recent elections show what the Cali influence is doing to a good state. I want to retire to Arizona, but I won’t live in California junior. I’m looking at Wyoming, relatives there, and South Dakota looks good too. I’m not sure either state will take a Democrat, but I can change.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Probably

the most believable story I've ever read on Lit. Not particularly entertaining, but well written and sobering. There is no good solution to cheating in a partnership. Of any kind. Thanks for sharing.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Man, this is a great story! You need to sell the movie rights. The only thing missing is telling the curious reader if Glen got hit with child support. Playa needs to pay! Thanks-for the thought, hard work and excellent writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Jim: "I'm gonna repeat my origins once a paragraph, so you never forget my role in the story."

Laura: "I'm gonna repeat my origins once a paragraph, so you never forget my role in the story."

Amanda: "I'm gonna repeat my origins once a paragraph, so you never forget my role in the story."

Literally half of the words could be replaced with that line and it would still be the same story! Don't get me wrong, it's a good story but I have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and even I thought there was too much redundant exposition!

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

Good story, an entertaining read. Thank you Mr. 1953

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Reading again

Middle page 2

Wonder if you could get away with anonymously outing her lover to his wife, if any. Just to fuck with her.

Or get himself a treatable STD, give it to his wife to give to her lover while getting himself cured off books before the shit hit the fan. 😁 Her lover would get blamed by her and blow them up. Reminds me of the Kurt Russell story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
And of course

start hiding assets.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 3

MAY be in doubt?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
all's well that ends well

Cautionary tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Why didn't Laura just have an abortion?

It's a problem I have with so many stories using the pregnancy from another man trope.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago
Divorces! (hardly quid pro quo)

What is it with New York courts? Surely there must be someone in the silly New York legal pantomime who can get this matter aligned according to fairness and respect for fathers! I wonder why there are not more violent attacks on women surrounding these unsafe and unsound decisions by people who shouldn't even be able to wash the floors in these courtrooms much less make any decisions regarding families that are torn apart by disgusting and selfish women! Time to get the guilty to pay and the innocent to be permitted the 'pursuit of happiness' (any of you 'judges' ever seen that in print?) Good story... indictable subject matter!

ResmiHardinResmiHardinabout 3 years ago
2*

Are you telling me that the courts will still give custody to Laura even after she's not at home all day and been cheating on him for more than 2 years (with him having proof!!).

I mean he's basically been a single father and I'm sure with all the school events or friends can testify that the proof is there for all to see?

UK resident so I'm not sure about USA/New York rules state but come on, Health and wellbeing for the kids comes first so they would be able to check with social services or even have a chat with the kids as well to determine the case, Lawyers can only explain the law, but with other agencies involved he should of been divorced wat before the convention even came up in her bosses mind.

He's a lawyer for fucks sake, a good one at that we see so how comes he don't know any real good sharks in the game? still same kind of circle, maybe events or work events bring them all together, even in the same building...even Amanda could of helped speed that shit up.

Too Many plot holes to give it a higher rating, can't believe the stupidity of him being a lawyer and a smart person and all he does is 'get even' with her while hurting in the inside all the while she didn't give a shit and kept going lol madness!

weathermanksweathermanksabout 3 years ago

It was gut wrenching in so many personal ways, but it was good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Some loose ends.. E.g., What about glenn?

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

4 for you on this story. I liked it however, there are way too many inconsistencies and plot gaps. You need a decent editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Winners and losers , even a hoe gets to weed gardens sometimes ! Amanda had looked her own fidelity realistically and became determined to not follow in her own footprints a second time , but has she really dealt with the underlying issue in her own psyche that caused her to cheat in her first husband to start with ? If she hasn’t she probably will fall again. The true victim being the kids and their father , would devastate him ! Would determination alone keep Amanda from cheating in the future after the newness wears off and the day to day becomes mundane ? Will he cheat on her , since he commuted adultery himself , albeit revenge fucking in the beginning ? Only time will tell - and to quote an old soap intro -“ like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives “ Excellent story btw . Kept me page turning with anticipation and left me pretty satisfied !

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 3 years ago

Very nice, and somewhat realistic, and well written story. It's nice to see a fair, loving and well deserved conclusion. I'm a sucker for happy endings.

As for Laura, she did a number of stupid things over the years of cheating on Jim. However, the icing on the cake of stupidity was her NOT having an abortion.

gfrhgfrhalmost 3 years ago
I didn't finish it.

If I commented before I apologize, I don't remember starting to read this one. Anyway, I stopped reading when you had the husband continue to sleep/fuck his cheating wife and getting tested every 3 months. That's pretty disgusting to me. Sorry, just my feelings.

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 3 years ago

IT IS ANOTHER GOOD STORY...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Cliche after cliche after cliche. NFL player with big dick, foolish delusional woman, quick rebound, party conventions, rant about "unfair" courts (this is a staple of all BTB writers), discussion between wife and husband with a glass of vine, wife sees the light when it is too late and becomes remorseful and similar.

One refreshing thing is that author did not resort to extended moralizing dialogues with husband sermonizing cheating wife. Nevertheless, this is just as unoriginal and boring as the rest.

All these BTB writers are usually dreaming about "perfect" selves moralizing full speed throughout about the "spoiled" world in which only themselves are perfect males.

-JT

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
Just posted a new story 'Laura.' Yes, I recycle names, she's one of my favs to use in my writing, but the character is frequently different. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories and I'm struck by one recurring conclusion: M...