Joe & Katie - The Kiss Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When he got out of the shower, Katie was asleep. She must have been exhausted as she looked so at peace.

Joe climbed into his bed and got under the covers. As he drifted off to sleep, he pondered the events of one of the craziest days of his life.

* * * * * * * The Motel

The next day, they got up and went about their day, never speaking of their momentary lapse the night before. Instead, they focused on planning for what came next. They each worked out plans to establish themselves so they could move on with their lives and forget about their unfortunate upbringing.

Joe had plenty of money saved from his Internet business and investments so he could cover their lodging for the foreseeable future. He didn't intend to live at the motel forever, but his plan of buying an investment property he could live in would take some time--months for sure.

For Katie, it wasn't as easy. Her basic plan was to get a second job so she could afford a place of her own, but options were limited with her qualifications, and that amounted to more minimum wage work. That scenario didn't add up I'm her mind.

Katie had pride and knew she needed to make her own way. She didn't have Joe's business savvy, so she leveraged what she had. Her greatest asset was her looks, and she looked into opportunities, but there weren't a lot of options for fast cash that weren't degrading.

She could look into modeling, but breaking into that world seemed far from her small-town aspirations. Katie wanted less attention, not more.

* * * * * * *

The coming weeks stretched into months, living in that small motel together.

Although living in such tight quarters could have been unpleasant, they had some of the best times of their lives there.

For the first time, they were free to be themselves without dealing with or managing their dysfunctional parents.

They had each other -- that hadn't changed -- but their fondness and desire to be near one other seemed only to grow.

They worked into a routine. On weekdays, they would both head off to their jobs.

Katie went to the superstore to slave away for low pay, while Joe went to the little office he had been renting for years. He was able to run his small Internet business and conduct day trading without any distractions.

Each weekday they hugged each other as they went to work and returned home. Looking forward to their time together got them through the day.

When they returned to the motel, Katie would snuggle up with Joe on the small couch in their room while watching TV. Katie loved being close to Joe; breathing in his scent made her feel safe and warm, and Joe always relaxed, feeling Katie's warm body against his.

Katie knew her feelings for Joe pushed the edge of what is normally acceptable, and the amount of time she spent finding ways to be close to him and feel him near her was something she closely regulated.

She had crossed the line with him that first night at the motel and hoped that she hadn't corrupted him into thinking about her differently. Her love for Joe was unquestionable, but when her attraction to him overwhelmed her at times, she felt guilty, as though something was wrong with her.

Joe loved Katie's facial expressions as they laughed and played with each other; at times, her pretty smile made him feel like he was the center of the world. He loved spending time with Katie, and in one of those beautiful moments, as she sat curled up next to him, he was overcome with emotion.

It was one of those instances where time seemed to stand still.

He leaned in close, his face centimeters from hers. Katie sensed Joe's intense focus and felt a thrill course through her body. She knew he wanted her, and that turned her on.

She wanted this so badly, but she knew it would destroy their existing relationship. She felt guilty since she knew she was the one who crossed these lines first.

Joe leaned into her, face to face. As Joe's lips brushed against hers, Katie carefully pushed him away.

She was gentle as she said, "Hey...you know we can't do that..."

Blushing with embarrassment, Joe said, "I know...I just was overcome...by you."

Katie took his hand in hers, squeezing it reassuringly. "Joe, I know how you feel..."

Sincerity shone in his eyes as he said, "...then you know it's not something I can just turn off...and it's not just because you're so beautiful.... It's...more than that."

She felt light-headed hearing Joe's words. She wanted to give in but pushed ahead. "I...love you...so...so much, Joe."

Her blue eyes shone with love. "And I love how close we are...I wouldn't give that up for anything...but some lines cannot be crossed."

Joe seemed to come to his senses. "You're right, of course...can we pretend I didn't just try to kiss you?" Joe smiled awkwardly.

Katie smiled in response. "Pretend what? I was just trying to watch a movie!"

Joe relaxed, thankful that Katie was always able to fix things without making it seem difficult.

Katie snuggled up reassuringly, pulling Joe into her and resting her head on his shoulder.

She said, "Now, can you rewind the movie? I missed what's going on!"

At least nothing had changed. He wrapped his arm around her and hugged her tight. He couldn't imagine losing the closeness and companionship they had -- he would not jeopardize that.

He also knew that he had fallen completely in love with his sister.

He wanted her badly at times, and it made him feel guilty. He was her protector and had admonished so many people, including their father, for wanting her in inappropriate ways. He felt like a hypocrite and knew he would have to carry his secret to his grave.

Katie feared what would happen if she ever kissed Joe again. The connection she felt with him was already overwhelming, but the intimacy and love she felt when she tasted his lips and felt his need through her mouth was far beyond what she was able to experience with the countless men she had been with since she'd become sexually mature.

It had cracked her open and awoken dormant feelings and a yearning for him. She was able to keep things in check in day-to-day interactions, but when she was showering or alone for extended periods, that was a different story.

* * * * * * * An Opportunity

An old girlfriend of Katies told her about a way to make money without doing much work. Katie said she had no interest in signing up for any internet sites or getting subscribers to ogle her. She had enough of that from the men in her life.

Her friend convinced her to try something else, even though it sounded like prostitution, only classier. Katie decided to look into it but knew instinctively that she couldn't talk to Joe about it as he definitely wouldn't approve. But she didn't have a lot of options that allowed her to live independently and afford a place of her own, so she decided to give it a try.

The escort service was extremely professional. They saw women like Katie as high-class assets and would give much to have them on their roster. The biggest selling point for Katie was that she could go on as little as one date a month and still afford rent and living expenses.

If she were lucky, like her friend, most of the men would be rich old men looking for companionship and not much else.

Still, if she had to do more than just hang out and flirt, the service was exclusive, screening customers to ensure they were disease-free and only offering protected sex with a condom. Any forms of intimacy -- kissing or sex -- were at the escort's discretion.

Her first client was exactly what she had hoped for. He was a retired executive that just wanted to have a hot girl on his arm, paying attention to him.

She didn't have to have sex or even kiss him. Out of sheer gratitude, she gave him a peck on the cheek and a warm hug at the end of the date. He really was sweet.

The hourly rate they paid her was ok, but she knew that she wasn't going to pay the bills unless she had a generous benefactor like her friend Jennifer had -- but that likely required performing sex acts.

Her second client was a different story. It was another old rich man -- a senator from a nearby state. He did want to have sex with her.

Technically, it was up to her to decide if she wanted to, as she would have to do it on her own time to absolve the escort service of providing any illegal services.

Her friend Jennifer told her this was where the big money was. Wealthy clients had no problem 'gifting' them thousands of dollars afterward.

She could try going on a bunch of dates for less money, but she decided the less she had to pretend to like people, the better. Besides, she knew she would have to do this sooner or later, so she allowed it.

She met the old senator in a room at the fanciest hotel in the area. He leered at her beautiful body, making her turn around for him and commenting on her sexy ass and perfect tits.

He asked if he could have sex with her. She reluctantly agreed and put a condom on him. She was happy to see he had a small penis, at least.

She had to use lubricant before he took her from behind, mumbling profanities as he pumped away.

She felt demeaned and gross. Thankfully he came quickly and tipped her five thousand dollars.

If she had many more experiences like that, she was not sure how much longer she could do this type of work.

From just those couple of dates, she was able to afford a decent car, put down a deposit on her own apartment, and have a little left over. The timing was perfect because Joe had finally found and purchased the perfect investment property. A nice duplex that he intended to live in and rent out eventually.

He was planning to move in that coming weekend, and although he invited Katie to move in with him, she felt it was the opportunity she needed to get on her own feet.

In reality, her biggest motivation was that she needed to get some space before she did something she would regret. Her longing to touch Joe and be intimate with him was proving to be too challenging.

As painful as the thought was, she needed a break.

They packed up all their belongings from the motel into their vehicles and said goodbye to the room they thought of as home for the past six months.

Joe said, "Look, you know you can stay with me for as long as you need if anything doesn't work out."

"Yeah, but I don't want to mooch off you forever. I do appreciate how you've helped me, but I have to make it on my own."

"Well, you're always welcome at my place, even if you just need a place to crash. You can come over, no questions asked."

"Thank you so much for taking care of me, Joe. I'm going to miss living with you."

"Me too."

"Well, take care. Love you." Katie said as she hugged Joe goodbye.

"Love you too."

Katie kissed Joe on the cheek and turned to leave.

She was still careful not to kiss him on the lips since that intimate moment on that first night at the motel.

It wasn't like they wouldn't see each other again, but they each felt like a chapter in their lives had ended, and there was sadness in losing what they had while holed up in the dingy motel at the edge of town.

Joe went back inside to make sure nothing was left as Katie drove away. He had barely made it through his exchange with Katie. He knew this day was coming, but his heart was wracked with pain and loss. He sat on their couch and broke down in tears.

He loved Katie in ways he struggled to deal with. Not having her around every day was going to be hard.

Katie drove away as tears flooded her vision. It was much harder to leave than she ever imagined. She knew she loved Joe a little too much and in ways that were not appropriate.

So many times, she was tempted to cross uncrossable lines with Joe while living there. It was better for everyone that they had some space before anything more could happen.

She was doing the right thing, but why did her heart feel so broken?

* * * * * * *

Each day when Joe returned to his new home and didn't see Katie there, he felt his sadness deepen.

He had become attached to her, and it was like a piece of him was missing.

He knew it was foolish to allow himself to have romantic feelings toward his sister, and now he was paying for it emotionally. How did he think this was going to go!?

He hadn't even thought of dating anyone over the months that he and Katie lived together, but now that he felt such deep emotional pain, he finally reached out to his ex-girlfriend, Barb, whom he had been with throughout high school.

Joe had lost his virginity to her and loved her deeply at one time. He even intended to marry her, but when she went away to college a few hours away, they found it challenging to make the long-distance relationship work.

Barb was quite attractive, so she had plenty of options at the University, and since Joe was not around very often, Barb had cheated on him in a moment of weakness.

Barb tried multiple times to get back together with him, finding that the men at her school were pale comparisons to Joe, but he never considered it until now.

Joe recalled fondly who was there for him to mend his broken heart when he was in pain and lonely after that breakup -- Katie.

Katie said, "There's somebody out there for you. She was never good enough anyway. Anyone who would cheat on you is a fool."

"Thanks, Katie, that means a lot."

"There's not a lot of guys out there like you: strong, honest, and reliable."

"And?" Joe smiled, fishing for compliments

"...and handsome, athletic, and rich!" Katie giggled.

Blushing, Joe said, "I was just kidding; you don't have to boost my ego, though it is appreciated right at the moment. I don't think I've ever felt this sad."

"I wasn't just saying all that; I mean it." Katie smiled brightly at him, her pretty face warming him up.

Joe's heart swelled at the recollection. Katie always knew what to say to make him feel better.

He could never have imagined that he would be in a worse state than at that time -- sad and sulking, trying to get over another girl -- and that the girl would be Katie.

They only had the one kiss? It was an amazing kiss, to be sure, but how did he end up with such deep feelings for her? It was inexplicable but also undeniable.

At least Joe would see Katie that upcoming weekend. They were able to hang out each weekend, which was a mercy.

* * * * * * *

A couple of weeks later, they met at Katie's new place. It was a bright and cheerful condo with a lake view.

Katie opened the door. She looked beautiful in her cutoff jeans and a cute top, which exposed her midriff, accentuating her sexy stomach.

Joe hugged her, enjoying the warmth and softness of her body and her luscious fragrance.

When Joe stepped in, he looked around in amazement, saying, "How are you able to afford this!?"

"Like I said, I got a new job."

"That's right -- the new job you seem to be super vague about." Joe teased.

Katie knew this was coming -- she would have to share her secret with Joe sooner or later, though she had not been looking forward to it.

"I don't want to tell you...you'll hate it." Katie looked down, avoiding eye contact.

Joe softened. "You can tell me....you know you can tell me anything."

"Do you promise not to judge me?" Katie was unnerved.

"I swear." Joe wondered where this was going.

Katie nervously played with her fingers as she continued. "I sort of...got a job...at an escort service."

Joe's eyes widened, but he pulled back, recalling his promise not to judge. "Ok...so what does that mean, exactly?"

"I know what you're thinking...but hear me out. My friend Jennifer works there -- you remember her -- and she literally just goes out on dates with lonely guys and makes a killing. She doesn't even have to do anything with them most of the time!"

Joe relaxed a little. "So that's what you're doing -- going out on these...dates?"

"For the most part."

"Katie, I have to ask -- and I know it's none of my business -- but do you have to have sex with these 'customers'?"

Hearing that question from Joe made her uncomfortable -- she didn't want to tell him.

He prompted again, with more concern in his voice. "Katie?"

Looking down, Katie said, "Yes...but there's more to it than that." She felt more ashamed than she would have guessed.

"Isn't that dangerous, like what about STDs?"

"The escort service is exclusive and screens clients for that...and they only allow protected sex with condoms."

Joe was silent and unreadable.

Katie continued. "I really only need to go out on one of these dates each month to cover all my bills. Also, I can refuse to engage in intimate acts...so sex acts obviously, and kissing...."

Joe pictured Katie kissing faceless men and performing sex acts. It hurt him to think about it -- it hurt him badly. Katie noticed how hard it was for Joe to hide his true feelings.

Hoping to finish the topic, Katie said, "Anyway, my plan has been only to do the bare minimum until I find other income beyond working my ass off for minimum wage."

Joe's expression was still dark. Katie pushed back. "You said you wouldn't judge me!"

Wanting to course correct and be more supportive, Joe said, "Well, it could be worse. But Katie, you know you don't have to do this, right?"

"Joe, I'm not like you. I don't have a lot of skills to make it in this world."

"Whatever amount of money you are getting for doing this, you are worth so much more than that, Katie."

Katie's eyes began to well up, but she tried her best to hide it. She didn't like the sadness she saw in Joe's eyes. She really wished what he was saying was true. Years of abuse and mistreatment made her doubt her worth, but it felt good to hear Joe tell her she was valuable.

She said, "I appreciate that." but she couldn't maintain eye contact and had to look away.

Joe knew this was not something he had control over, so he decided to change the subject. "I have something to share that I'm not exactly proud of."

"Such as?"

"Well, you remember my ex, Barb?"

"Yes." Katie wondered where this was going.

"I sort of am getting back together with her." Joe almost winced as he said it.

"What!? After she cheated on you?"

It was Joe's turn to look away. "Yes."

Katie did not look happy. "I know I'm just repeating what you said to me, but you can do so much better than her, Joe."

"I...I hear you. It's just that...what we had was good...at one point. And I've been sad...lately."

Katie had been sad lately, too. She wondered if it was for the same reason.

She really missed snuggling up with Joe on the couch and all the countless hours they spent together, even when they did absolutely nothing.

Katie wanted to be happy for Joe, but why wasn't she? He deserved not to be alone and sad...he deserved so much more.

She could understand wanting someone in her life to fill the void, and she probably would be doing the same if she weren't already overwhelmed by her situation with the escort service.

That job was enough to make her want nothing to do with men.

Finally, she said, "I'm sorry you're sad," walked up, and gave Joe a big hug, holding him tightly.

Joe relaxed. It felt overwhelmingly good to bask in Katie's love, if even just briefly.

* * * * * * * Temptations

After Joe got home late that night, he pondered the implications of Katie's confession.

He couldn't believe his sister resorted to using her body to make money. At least it was as a high-end escort, but he knew, deep down, it hurt her to sell herself like a common piece of ass.

It also hurt him more than he would have imagined. He was angry at her for sinking so low.

Her father had always talked shit, belittling her and saying she would end up being a whore. Well, now she really was one, even if it was fancy and exclusive. He couldn't stop picturing his lovely sister having sex with random men. He wanted to punch something.