All Comments on 'Jonas Agonistes'

by Malraux

Sort by:
  • 257 Comments (Page 3)
Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

An excellent story once again very well plotted and presented, my only criticism (actually the wrong word) is I would have liked to have seen the Captain bought to answer.

HaroJohn710HaroJohn710over 1 year ago

Loved the story! You get a virtual 6th star for setting it in my stomping grounds. Been to that Joseph-Beth a fair few times, and am not far from Fairfield and Lindenwald.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author has developed a body of work that is quite impressive…including this story. This is my second time through and it’s still quite moving. My only complaint is the rate at which new stories appear…and a bit that the 2021 story didn’t meet my expectations for this author. But fortunately, I’ve got more of the author’s stories to re-read! Thanks!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I had a tear in my at the wedding, seeing that Turkish and Healy were there.

What an excellent story. Unique!

Well worth the 5/5 l gave it.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What a superb story. It’s very well written. I’m impressed for the time and effort Malraux spends researching and preparing to write his stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Most of the Tim I wish we had the option to rate a story 4.5. Not this one. 5 huge stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incredible, just incredible! The characters are deep, well fleshed out and very real indeed. The storytelling is masterful, the emotions raw and real, the story line compelling! The topic is a genuine issue dealt with tact, sensitivity and passion. A fantastic read!

LivingWordsLivingWordsover 1 year ago

What a wonderful story. I hope that you are using your writing talents for more then than just this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Just wow.

Your stories here are truly works of art.

I mean it. It's not obsequious praise or flattery. This and the other handful of stories you have here are truly some of the best to be found on this site.

XluckyleeXluckyleeover 1 year ago

This may be the best story on this sight 5 stars

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Great Great Great 5 STARS ! Very moving and heartfelt.

AZPete1951AZPete1951over 1 year ago

Terrific story about a "wounded warrior" who struggles to overcome the tramatic events he suffered in as a Marine in Afghanistan, finally meeting the girl of his dreams whose love and patience helps him heal and become a complete man again.

This story and 'Save One Love' are most likely your best works on this site. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Off the charts great. Powerful, compelling, and honorable. Many important life lessons. Honor is never out of vogue.

. Semper Fidelis, Marine.

minnygopherminnygopherabout 1 year ago

Superlatives fail me. Splendid. Compelling. Heart-breaking and heart-mending.

Well done, and thank you for sharing your work with us readers.

I had to read the whole thing in one sitting. Finally, off to the loo! ;)

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

I concur with minnygopher! Excellent story. Superlatives fail me... chapter 2 perhaps? Thank you for telling the story of those who refuse to bend in the face of "the military way". Thank you, tsgtcapt, usaf-retired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn it! Making my eyes start sweating over a bunch of jarhead stuff. Hell, empathy for a Marine?!

Damn fine writing. Although I find your phrasing and word choice 'unique' at times. You must have a very intriguing speech pattern.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A wonderful story. It really went to my heart. It's probably the best story I've read on

literotica and I've read hundreds of them.

StanRamesStanRamesabout 1 year ago

Oh shxt oh dear. Vietnam era. Read a lot, remember Callie and My Lai.

This was fantastic. Justice to a horrible situation generated by REMF's.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was very impressed with your taking this story topic and addressing its issues in such an understanding manner that we could all understand. You made your characters come to life. Giving it only a top grade of 5 does not address how good it really was. Thank you for sharing your story. A ‘10” indeed!

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlk12 months ago

l loved it, but gave it 4 Stars instead of the 5 I was going to give it because he groom was in black which is a mourning color and not appropriate for a wedding.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt12 months ago

While I'm giving it all 5 stars, I agree that black should have been either a dress uniform or a complimentary blue. This story also needs another chapter or two. Love it!

Bigsarge89Bigsarge8912 months ago

Excellent writing.allof your work is great, Semper Fi.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

My 2nd or 3td reading. So good on so many levels. Your other stories are excellent too, like Shooting at Merciful Lord.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another excellent story of Jonas Simms. Just read the previous one with him as a Professor. Both outstanding writings!!

Would have been nice with him having a get together of his army buddies who looked out for him!!

Would have been better if those platoon commander and bastards above him were investigated for the murders, including Alvy!!!

PatermultiPatermulti10 months ago

Thank you for a wonderful, moving story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Forgot I was on literotica.

MaultascheMaultasche10 months ago

What a wonderful story! I had tears in my eyes, so moving and touching, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

There have been separate cases involving both the New Zealand and Australian SAS actions which resulted in non-combatants' deaths in Afghanistan. So please don't hold the US as being the only country causing unnecessary civilian deaths. War is stupid and once you are involved in a war morality is very easily lost. Principles give way to expediency and revenge turns into headcounts.

Great story woven about an all too believable event with tenderly drawn characters.!

ShynessingShynessing9 months ago

Wow.

Thanks for writing that.

Archie58Archie589 months ago

Read and reread, Outstanding! This from an old Marine, although not of this war, saw questionable orders given and followed!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The military is not that much different from the rest of the world. Advancement depends more on time in grade, ass kissing, politicking and height than compassion, thoughtfulness and openness to contrary opinions.

LMJ

GimliOakensGimliOakens8 months ago

So well done. Thank you.

01Timber6701Timber678 months ago

lawful orders can be denied based on safety concerns and certain circumstances, with a slight penalty.

Direct orders are to be followed to the T or face penalties based on the UCMJ laws

Prior military (retired) here

4⭐️ story ,,, lacking another character or epilogue for what there lives entitled after the ceremony of the marriage

goatman96goatman968 months ago

Excellent and then some. Very heavy. I can relate - a Viet Nam vet with declining PTSD.

Just an excellent story. Well done Marine.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A number of people here waxing eloquent about how Marines swear to follow orders. Having taken the oath as an officer myself, I know exactly what it says. Here, in total, is the oath of office of a Marine officer "I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So, help me God.”. The question of illegal orders is dealt with at length in training, literature, and elsewhere. I never hard an illegal oder. Dumb ones, bad ones, wrong ones, yes, but not illegal. Those are so rare that a diligent researcher could probably list every one given in the past 50 years or so.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story! I also enjoyed reading all the related Sky Grey stories - I hope there are more to come!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Incredibly powerful. Thank you.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

One of my favorites. Thank you for your works.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not enough romance in this. don't know it was even there. Other wise it was good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Absolutely brilliant. Among the top ten on Literotica. I don't, can't and won't rank them anymore than Jonah would rank atrocities. Five hypernovas is not enough.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I was transported to a world that I am ignorant of in my sheltered life. But ! I have enough respect for what you must have lived to be able to write this story.

As a writer, you are very talented. Characterization is excellent. Dialogue moves the story right along. Very descriptive. A well rounded story. Again, THANK YOU. And CONGRATS on a 5 STARS story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sheer literary power writing. Wonderfully sustained. Five stars.

theoneguytheonetimetheoneguytheonetime5 months ago

I may not have been a grunt, but this took me back to my two trips to that region. Excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story I kinda wish the two that got promoted got investigated and stripped

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow! Powerful! 'nuff said.

Ten supernovas out of five stars.

Longtimereader1945bbLongtimereader1945bb3 months ago

Have read this and others by this author. Enjoyed every one. Been a while since last one was posted.

6King6King3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman2 months ago

Excellent, even for my 3td time reading

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Seeing as he just met 2 of his team members, they needed more written about them going forward. What happened to the asshole that was promoted for his "guns blazin"

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I have said it before and will say it again, "Absolutely and utterly powerful".

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 2 months ago

Thanks, again, another great read-through. Read to my wife,this time, and she enjoyed, also. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow! This story deserves much wider publication!

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 1 month ago

Oh my god! That was amazing. I remember emailing my nephew when he was deployed to Afghanistan so soon after Sept. 11th. I told him that anything he had to do was on my soul and the nation that asked him to go. We didn’t discuss personal responsibility, but I’ve always had great faith in his morals. Fortunately, he came home in good shape, physically and emotionally. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Amazing story. Five stars everyday.

I was an army paratrooper and I've had love ,hate thoughts of my time in service.

I hate that any large organization will sacrifice individuals for the supposed good of the whole. What is the limit?

GimliOakensGimliOakens16 days ago

This is, In all honesty, one of the most moving pieces of literature I have read in a long time, and I read a lot. Stunningly good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMalraux@Malraux
Former athlete, serviceman, teacher, proofreader, warehouse man, student, coach. Still reader, writer, hiker, sport pilot. Like Hemingway, Styron, sports, planes that stall at 40 mph, grass landing strips, honesty, and women. Wish I were an expert at something.

SIMILAR Stories

Save One Love 
4.9
1.6k
491
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
788
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
640
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
928
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
862
More Stories