All Comments on 'Journal of a Proper Young Lady Ch. 02'

by Jen24

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 17 years ago
Excellent use of language and period feel

You proto-feminist heroine is not perhaps a typical victorian young lady - and most certainly not proper - but you capture the verbal patterns of victorian fiction very well. I find these very enjoyable as well as very sexy - bravo, and encore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Are you Kitty?

Upon reflection, I think much of these two stories (the continuing story) is true. Perhaps there is some switching back and forth between the characters of Kitty and Lizzie to aid the narrative, but my guess is that you are Kitty and you were hurt by Lizzie, or eventually spurned by Lizzie, and your writing of the story was to make some sense of the loss. Also the personae of Kitty doesn't ring true comparing how she is described and how she speaks, and I also think that was you talking in very real conversations with Lizzie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good story,poor ending

the sex was delectable...but why did you end it like that?i do not think kitty's character was vacuous at all she was very real and very passionate.maybe, they should make up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous