All Comments on 'Journey to St. Jeanne Pt. 01'

by Triona_B

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
sarobahsarobahalmost 3 years ago

I am really enjoying your story. It took a bit of a turn halfway through, didn't it? :o)

As a very small, "cute" female in a male-dominated professional field, I can understand your heroine's frustration and desire for change. As for the Les Trois Soeurs, I'm looking forward to experiencing them. I would live on St. Colette. I have nothing against living exclusively with women, but I do like to have men around. They have their uses. However, there is a part of me that would choose St. Josephine.

AngusMAngusMalmost 3 years ago

What an inconsiderate SOB

Triona_BTriona_Balmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks so much!

"What an inconsiderate SOB"

Haha, yes, in my experience, lots of inconsiderate SOBs are blissfully unaware of this! I wanted to capture that situation that a lot of young women are in: relationships that are not really good enough to satisfy their needs and deficient on so many levels but are not actively awful enough, or perhaps the awfulness has arrived by a million tiny increments, to prompt them to leave and it would take a big wrench to change course.

"I am really enjoying your story. It took a bit of a turn halfway through, didn't it? :o)"

Thanks you so much! :-D and yes, I have to get a few of my personal kinks in there! Plus I like the idea of eroticising that sense of dissatisfaction mentioned above so that the "reluctance" typically associated in stories with with someone being put into a new situation of degradation is actually embedded already in her status quo relationship.

"As a very small, "cute" female in a male-dominated professional field, I can understand your heroine's frustration and desire for change.

Yes indeed. I know of what I speak!

"As for the Les Trois Soeurs, I'm looking forward to experiencing them. I would live on St. Colette. I have nothing against living exclusively with women, but I do like to have men around. They have their uses. However, there is a part of me that would choose St. Josephine."

Oh for sure. I would move to St. Colette in a heartbeat if it existed. And I too feel the draw of St. Josephine and am looking forward to writing that journey in the next story. But I felt compelled to start with St. Jeanne. I love world-building and I love the idea of exploring how a society like that would work. I very much enjoyed the comic Y: the Last Man which posited an almost male free world. But we will see that men still have their uses for Jeannettes who often visit St Colette and I will go into detail in future chapters about how St. Jeanne couples go about procreating given that they generally spurn IVF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for the story, but also for the comments on your motivations behind it - I read the comment first, and it really set my mind for reading it. LIked it! Going to have a look at the next chapters, curious how Jenny's life develops from here :-)

BiggaluteBiggalutealmost 3 years ago

A good story with a nice flow and lots of interesting elements that leave me looking forward to reading the other chapters, 5 stars

Triona_BTriona_Balmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you very much! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why is it that so many women believe they are discriminated against in the workplace when the evidence for it is only anecdotal? When the research evidence is analysed the discrimination disappears.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous