All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 12'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
redsliverredsliverabout 3 years ago

I'm fan of the story, I just fucking love it.

Thirteen girls at this pace and juggled as quickly as they are? I expect every reader loses two or three in the mix. I'm down at least four. I think that one of mine is Sophie might not be for the best. I'll admit Peter's dislike of Kavia makes her one of my most interesting.

I do love the exploration of love vs sex, that Janine's training regimen of one night stands was already taking a toll Peter by the time he found Danielle, let alone Sophie. Janine is still my sexual throughline for the story. I hope she's jealous, or at least envious. I'd like her anger be more than entitlement.

I think the story needs Peter's Dad. The stakes are high (rape, murder, and child abduction? Can't get much higher.) Yet, the stakes are ephemeral. They need to be much clarified and made real. But not yet. Not until the juggling starts taking more of a toll on Sophie, Ri, Tamara, Esther and all of the others. (I picked the names I've had the hardest time connecting with, even with Esther's cliffhanger.)

Relieving Sammy from the world tour honestly felt like lowering the stakes. If Peter's father would appear. Sammy would be a mind reading weak point potential landmine that Lillian, Janine, and Peter were not. Especially if the friend knows more than Peter's told him or that Sammy's willing to admit to himself about Peter.

I give Just a Little Magic 5 stars, my issues are mostly from my brain working the story. I'll come back and give more in depth thoughts when the final chapter posts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Obvi L&J puke-hexed him so that he cannot tell Sophie. They are looking more and more sus.

Also, nevermind child support, will he be a real father to all of his children? I guess that doesn't matter, if L&J kidnap the babies after they are born. Maybe he should look up his real father?

And these women are supposed to come from powerful bloodlines yet none of them seem to know anything about magic?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am beginning to realise the biggest threat for these women is not peter's biodad but peter himself. Btw, do you have any estimates on how many more chapters will be there?

BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Aunt Anna’s first meeting with Lilian is something I am looking forward to. Maybe this is the way Sophie can be part of the solution

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Still very good.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago

I will have to reread this. Just something special about how you manage to bring us so many different characters and give just enough detail to make them more interesting and reveal enough to keep us hooked.

You're certainly still obfuscating well the real villains here, although just by how much this huge "arch mage" hasn't been there, it must be Lillian and Janine. Anna is a real wildcard, but don't know how you'll fit her in or if she'll prove integral to unraveling the web. Obviously Lillian and Janine did condition him to get sick if he tried to tell Sophie. He's being played like he won't figure this out without help. Now that you had Peter save Mirella from the greedy photog, it would be quite the payback if Mirella saw through some part of this scheme, to save Peter. I feel Kavia is still more of wildcard than you're making her: you kind of dismiss her, but how apropos would it be if the very one that tried to use others became Peter's greatest ally in unmasking the true range of this operation and the real reasons for it?

LOVE how you used Mirella to surprise him in Paris. She's quite enchanting on so many levels and she really has a marvelous brain. However, I really howled in laughter when she got that photog and Carla threw all this camera equipment in the pool! How wonderful to totally sink that loser!!

Now we see that many of these females are going for him and REALLY getting into him. I'm probably most touched by Esther and especially Sunny, where she wanted to finish the puzzle with Peter. How incredibly sweet. Of course, what a touchstone Esther could prove, with having her very strong and grounded belief. You've left yourself a lot of possible "outs" on who could help Peter out parts of this...as it's painful certain Peter isn't even 25% of Batman's brainpower, so he's got no choice alone. :(

Have to reread and maybe comment more later. REALLY loved this installment. Five many times over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I suspected, but this one confirmed that Lillian has been mind controlling/ manipulating him from the very beginning. I think the other thing that I suspect is also true- they are not really trying to save these women, they are just using him to create their own coven.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Hes being controlled. Janine is also in on it. There is no villain. But to what end? I have no idea. This is like the buildup to the show lost. So many questions and leading up, that if these loose ends are completed... I'd probably perform oral sex to the author to 2 powerful orgasms, then have sex for 3 more orgasms each. Then make love again in the morning. Lol.

5/5

Let's see how this ends

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Normally I wait until the end to comment, however I wanted to make a couple of notes.

It was pretty obvious (to me at least) by like... chapter 6 or 7 that there was no 'threat'. This is a ploy by Lillian and Janine, or PERHAPS just Lillian. Or this might be subtle misdirection, I'm not sure.

What I am sure of, is that while you writing is very good, the pacing is a bit... stilted. Having that anxiety of knowing that things are wrong for THIS MUCH of the story is not a pleasant reading experience. It moves past building anticipation and tension, and into 'maybe I should just jump to the end to get it over with'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES