All Comments on 'Just Accept It - An Homage'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments
Big_Tim99Big_Tim999 months ago

A very interesting take.

It's just as unlikely as the original, but it is a good BTB!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

The Bear was on the prowl. The Cubs were blood thirsty!

5

Diecast1Diecast19 months ago

Love the story. AAAAA+++++

HargaHarga9 months ago

Jesus, that was brutal. I still think it's funny that the women in his life are still controlling it. I feel sorry for those two girls future significant others. As they are going to have their hands full. Well done. 5*

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

What the wife did was awful but after so many years maybe a bit of mercy would have made them the better people.

Great writing as usual. 4 stars

statestreetstatestreet9 months ago

Laura, your life has turned to shit. Just Accept it! *****

KtYe3XKtYe3X9 months ago

I've been waiting for a sequel for so long!

Thank you so much!

5*

InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

@Harga: I don't mind the controlling of his life by his women. The reason? His ex wanted to control his life to become a living hell for him. His daughters and his new wife took control to make him a better life and he is just plain content with it. I'm pretty sure if something bad happens he will be able to take over control again like he did with his first wife.

Elias1Elias19 months ago

Wow...... the ultimate BTB .... gave it five stars

francemanfranceman9 months ago

I'm sorry, but it was too hard for me.

I can't even imagine the pain of having your children kidnapped and not hearing from them for many, many years.

Do we need more revenge? Do we need more pain?

numbnutz49numbnutz499 months ago

Story was good - ending was too rough. Venting like that would have a strong negative impact on two late teen girls and who knows the damage to the ex-wife. Best revenge is a life well lived and the family certainly achieved that goal. The ending caused a 'bruising' of that relationship.

Deprived891Deprived8919 months ago

I've been waiting for a sequel, thank you.

5

Bry1977Bry19779 months ago

I oved this! Im not usually one for a BTB to this extent but in this case it was well warranted!! very well done!!!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

I am a fan of most btb stories, but eventually one comes along that is too brutal. I don’t see the ending as a catharsis for the daughters, but instead creating even more damage to deal with later. This was a good story that needed more subtle takedown of the birth mom. 4 stars

UnassignedUnassigned9 months ago

The two daughters have grown up to be vicous, cruel people. I'd hate to be married to either of them.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks9 months ago

What a fantasy. Women now rule the Western World. There is no way that a man could come out this good.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

tough story. very harsh towards the ex-wife.

At least there was a nice love story buried in there.

dragonmann72dragonmann729 months ago

Chumphon, Thailand

Daddy, there is the internet.

Girls age 12 work the streets in Thailand, he was worried about what they would know?

Age at broken leg…12

Dr. Yvette Damond…35

Six years later, girls are applying for college

Stressful labor…almost40

Laura Jeffers'. She was now 38

Time passed. Six more years, as a matter of fact.

Not well, it would appear. What are you now, 45-50 years old?

Absently, Laura murmured, "39".

Come on LT, get your ages correct.

Turning502019Turning5020199 months ago

Wow that was a lot of revenge. While perhaps deserved it was over the top specially for the 2 girls who hadn’t seen the mom since age 4.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice999 months ago

Crap story with fantasy that government would protect a kidnaper try again

Xzy89c1Xzy89c19 months ago

Where you trying to write in a cute style? Did not work. Painful dialog. You wrote the guy as if he was an idiot when he was far from it in previous story.

as you Americans say

Does anyone talk like that?

servant111servant1119 months ago

That confrontation is simply cold and utterly cruel. I LOVED IT!!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

it's HIPAA... Jeeze. You antivaxxer loons never could get that right....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yes, I agree a very good BTB story and the ex-wife got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What maturity on the girls part; and punishment for those that think that they are above others. A decent writing.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Boring, over-the-top and mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Enchanté - French greeting, literally “charmed”

Ashante - Ghanaian girl’s name derived from tribe/region name Ashanti, meaning “thank you”

Otherwise, a bit OTT but generally fun. Not sure there was one mentally stable one amongst them but that’s life.

Thailand sounds nice

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story was akin to beating up a homeless person for having the temerity for being poor and, perhaps, with

mental problems. The way her life turned out wasn't payback enough? Just seeing what became of the girls and

her husband, new gorgeous wife and comfortable life would have caused Laura unbelievable agony. Don't see

the glee in this one.

MaultascheMaultasche9 months ago

What is the reason for this unbelievable story. Destroying people, working for various government agencies etc. Sorry for the time reading this crap. Your other stories are much better.

60022Mallard60022Mallard9 months ago

All over the top for me.

A 3

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

1. The POV changes during the restaurant scene were totally fucked up.

2. Hatred doesn't give closure.

3. One of your worst stories ever.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

ehh... Average Bear...

neilnblowme2neilnblowme29 months ago

that s what i call justice !!!!!!!!

JensensloverJensenslover9 months ago

"DAD, BREATH!! It's only a broken leg." BREATHE, learn the difference between breath and BREATHE! Couldn't get past there, was there really a need for this continuation?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Thanks for the sequel and allowing me to read the original as well. It truly needed another "page" and your version was pretty good. As usual, a bit over the top but I wouldn't expect less from a linebacker - LOL! 4.6*

Tomh1966Tomh19669 months ago

Too much BTB at the end. Didn't rate it as I didn't hate it enough to want to bring the score down.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

And the bear strikes +10

rockdoctor63rockdoctor639 months ago

This was not a BTB it was a Cremate The Bitch. Wow :-)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Vindictive is never a good look.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

I like your stories Mr. The Bear.

Yes I do even if I'm not hyper-BTB person.

But I have to tell you, the way they destroyed Laura quite is over done.

For me, letting her see how good life is to the Davies family was enough already to destroy her.

And put some little blackmail that she won't go after them or else they will tell the cops of her nefarious drug activities.

Then help her upped her life a bit and help Laura leave the criminal life.

That to me, would have been the best revenge and final confrontation which would break down the "old" Laura and start a new life After all, she is still their mother.

Well-crafted story though.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not one of your better efforts. The story went past the extreme to erase what was a very good story with a reasonable ending. You could have skipped half of the words used and just told how happy they were. Also some less repetitive verbiage about the slut wife’s fall. This tale makes Safdletramp’s tales look very tame.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Yeah, l enjoyed it, a lot.

Scores 5/5

Rbtctrl1957Rbtctrl19579 months ago

Way to btb!!! She deserved every single word of it!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too brutal and destructive. Very little redemptive about this tale. He left her with no money and I overwhelming debt, no matter how evil she and her mother were, that was too harsh. Her issues with the law stemmed from the hole he left her in. The culmination of the tale was too far over the top. Three stars, which leaned a bit close to two stars.

JPB

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell9 months ago

He raised his daughters to be cruel.

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

A fine example of the American Way, when your opponent is on the floor just keep on kicking, you know ‘just to make sure’.

She was on the short path to the long drop anyway and deserved where she ended up but the ‘closure’ nonsense was simply to teach a couple of eighteen year olds how to twist the knife once it’s embedded to the hilt which will obviously stand them in good stead when they’re admonishing their future spouses about not licking the dirt off their mistresses shoes properly.

It’s like a self perpetuating example of apples not falling far from the tree.

Alack and alas on to the next, onward ever onward.

Frank66Frank669 months ago

Good grief! What is the sense of pouring it on? What benefit to the girls to hold onto their hate for over 14 years? The woman's life was ruined, all her hopes and dreams spoiled, and she lost her 2 daughters. Yes, she was a very poor mother, but to take them from her was a BTB in itself. Now, her health is shot and her future is suspect. Why not have the girls give her a couple hundred cuts and then pour bleach into them? THEN, take her out into the ocean and feed her to the sharks. No, no, that would be too quick. This is unimaginable cruelty spelled out by 'the Bear'. I do NOT approve.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson9 months ago

Brutal as f&*^!!!! I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Others have made their opinions known re: content, I'm going to address the technical aspects.

Authors, if you are going to compose on your phone, or your word processor of choice has an auto-correct feature, do yourself a favor and turn that off. That would eliminate probably ninety percent of "wrong word spelled correctly" errors. I can think of no other way for "Enchanté" to become Ashante or for your French to be improvising rather than improving. Better that it be mis-spelled and flagged for manual correction than for the "auto-cucumber" to do it.

Mr. Besr, I enjoy your stories and look forwsrd to seeing more from you. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it. Was well written and had a minimal of fluff. Gave a bit of further closure to the original story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Even after all that has happened to her, Laura still persists in her narcistic feminist belief? Anyway, I think she has suffered enough and the twins should have been merciful and not made her life even worse.

maedhros21maedhros219 months ago

After the original it was hard for me to imagine ever feeling sorry for Laura but you actually made it so. That was as brutal a BTB as it could be short of actually killing her! 5 stars

tralan69ertralan69er9 months ago

@dragonmann72,

re :Come on LT, get your ages correct. - Who cares if the timeline/ages are off a little. It doesn't change the story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it Bear, but…..

.

#1 — not sure why you felt compelled to follow the original up with this, as the original ended just perfectly. But you were thinking that the twins needed their story told. OK.

.

#2 — but this story was not really about the twins, but about the husband. OK, so he prospered. That was good. OK.

.

#3 — so Laura never really did develop any remorse. And the twins figured this out, and felt the need to pound her into the ground. OK.

.

#4 — not sure doing s was really very healthy for THEM long term. I mean….hubby lived thru it all, and had every reason to destroy Laura. But to the twins, they were unaware until age 12, and even after it was still “history” that they were told about.

.

So…..I think it might have been a more interesting and emotional story if the twins had made it a project to try to reform their bio mom, rather than further destroy her. In doing so, it could go one of 2 ways….she either responds positively, or she responds more or less as depicted here. Either way, for THE TWINS it means at least TRYING, and if failing, they now share the experience with their Dad, rather than “just” being affected by it all.

.

Still..well done. 4 ****

tralan69ertralan69er9 months ago

A little OTT, but who cares.

It is

Mr. linebackers world and he can present how ever he likes.

A good story, 5 *. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sadly, the men in LW stories don't seem to carry an X-chromosome determinant. They all have daughters. No sons. Anybody wonder why? Is it because all the men in these stories cry, get drunk, run away, throw tantrums, ignore phone calls and electronic messages, hide, and see the world only in black and white? On the other hand, it's easier to write daughters as the perfected image of the wayward, cheating wife. The emotional and loving father-daughter relationship replaces the damaged/destroyed husband-wife relationship. "Freud, front and center, STAT!"

-

In fully 80% of these stories, the male is the primary caregiver, even before the cheating/dissolution. Read these stories with an eye toward the roles and relationships, and you will see this clear pattern.

-

This story was gratuitous, over-the-top, cartoonish-level BTB. The miscreant mother and daughter were destroyed mostly by their own hand. This ending was like shooting POWs. The "ends justify the means" has been used to justify excess and overreach since Caine killed his brother. I actually feel embarrassed for a decent writer stooping to this, but there's an old saying, "Write what you know." If you feel good reading this, you need to reexamine yourself. This entire site and the characters (real and imagined) are a target-rich psychoanalyst's dream. Reload, retool, and write your story, not some silly tale that already has an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A well-written but ultimately misguided story which turns the original victims into sadistic perpetrators of "over-the-top" revenge.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That was so bitter and over the top compared to the original. What a twisted mind you have. So bitter.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Absolutely one of the worse

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Enjoyed the addition, although it got pretty brutal at the end. I didn't like how the adults allowed and promoted further interference in the exes life. It makes them no better. I liked most of it though.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

I'm a fan of "Just Accept It...", and I found this a worthy continuation! Thank you!

-

Be well!

Corny1974Corny19749 months ago

Fabulous.

I couldn't put it down.

5 stars - the Bear does it again!

kelchakelcha9 months ago

Average. 3*.

I don't enjoy watching puppies or children being abused. The defeated ex wife deserved better, much better.

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

Nice additional ending

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

I was once told by an old grey beard … “If men got as mad at other men, as they can toward a bad woman, we’d all be in prison.” Read this through that prism and then criticize the MC or author. 5*

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

The twins deserved saying what they needed to say, for closure. Laura had lived in pain for many years. Did she deserve their animosity? I think she proved deserving it, when she reiterated her female-dominant extremism. Now she gets to share a jail cell, maybe with the equally deserving Jan 6th fascists.

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari9 months ago

This is one that needed mauling from the Bear. 5 stars.

ZBSKRNZBSKRN9 months ago

Brutal, I'm not sure it was justified, but he got his revenge. This makes the Saddletramp treatment seem like Sunday afternoon picnic in the park complete with merry-go-round. 5*

GrimmerGrimmer9 months ago

I liked it. I didn’t like it. It was brutal. It was …

Not quite just what this solved aside from the legal items.

Still it was a good read. Thanks.

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

Just read through some of the comments. I am amazed at a few. They seem to think the ex-wife had been punished enough. Here are 2 examples-@Tajfa: maybe a bit of mercy would have made them the better people.@ anonymous: The bitch ex-wife was already punished more than enough without this useless sadism from the husband and daughters,

At the final confrontation the bitch was still unrepentant. She told her daughters their father should have accepted her decision to be in charge and have extramarital affairs as that was her due. She learned nothing from the whole thing. She had 5 abortions and got multiple STD's. That was her fault. She chose her life.

jflindersjflinders9 months ago

From the point of view of the ex-husband and daughters, the vehemence of the daughters really just feels like piling on and I don't see how they'd get any satisfaction from it. The woman may not see the error of her ways but she's living a miserable life. I don't see how the ex-husband or the daughters get anything out of pointing out to her how disgusting she is and if she hasn't gotten the point yet, telling her isn't going to help the mother understand.

Busman19639Busman196399 months ago

As they say,’ The best revenge is a life well lived.’

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

The author put a lot of effort into this. Sadly, I see the daughters as wounded lashing out in anger and unhealed. That saddens me. I wish their father had lifted them over that mess and freed them from their bio mother's mistakes.

saddletramp1956saddletramp19569 months ago

The Tramp approves. Thank you for this. 5*

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove9 months ago

The confrontation was just sad; like what happens when you beat a puppy. Because it pees on the rug. It would have been more interesting if you had given Laura more self-possession, reflection, and realization. Why? So, she would offer a more interesting conversation than the “by the numbers” one-sided approach we have here. E,g. Laura:

“I get it. You are here to throw my mistakes back in my face; ambush me at the end of a long shift of a job that I barely get by on. I fucked up and it cost me big time and I lost everything and I kept on making bad choices. Yep. Look at me now. Gloat and be outraged. And superior; be superior, I was wrong, so very wrong. What your father did was also wrong. He just won’t admit it. I have paid for my sins: clearly your contempt for me means I will continue to pay. Two things-1. You have no idea what I have been through apart from your chronology of my sins and I won’t bore you with my view of things. 2. Understand this my birth daughters—without me you don’t exist. So, show a smidgen of gratitude for the gift of life I helped bestow upon you… or not. When I look at you now—you remind me of me when was I was young and so entitled… and delusional. Yvette, thank you for being a good person to my daughters growing up.but point one above—that holds for you as well. Hey, ex-hubby, enjoy your family; you made out good Oh, my, look at the time … my shift is done and I am going back to my cramped, shitty, and lonely life and apartment. Enjoy your righteousness and your awesome lives. Me? I’m too fucking tired and I have work tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and the sense of closure your cruelty offers you. Now, if you will excuse me, I am sure you have somewhere fabulous to get to. Or a baby harp seal to bash. Last thing—leave a good tip to your server; min wage don’t cover a lot, you know. Be well.”

Mike drop.

6King6King9 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

c24jc24j9 months ago

I feel this was more of a misogynistic rant by someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'feminist', and assumes all crimes committed by men are okay . . . only those committed by the poor, especially poor women, matter. No one was likeable in this. They were all hateful, narcissistic assholes . . . with no growth on anyone's part.

Of the two, the father is the worse criminal. The daughters had no hope, they might have grown up to be awful wives (like their mother and grandmother) but instead end up being arrogant, insensitive, cruel monsters, like their Dad. It's hard to know which is worse, but I kinda' think the Dad is the biggest a**hole in this one, with his daughters pretty close behind.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

First, thank you to the author for referencing the original tale, which I quite enjoyed. I can't say the same for this follow-up. To me, the original already had the revenge piece built in. Wife lost the kids, would never see them again, and was bankrupted. I am not sure how this piling on (and that is putting it lightly) adds anything. I ended up skimming towards the end as the vitriol described in the daughters seemed so unrealistic for 2 girls that supposedly had a loving and wonderful home for the past 14 years. People don't carry that much anger unless something screwy is going on, such as the dad molesting his daughters and them being angry mom didn't protect them? That's twisted, but from a psychological standpoint, something bad would have had to have been happening to the girls to make this realistic. (I work w/ traumatized children professionally so I have some idea of what I am talking about). This story just comes off as someone that wants to rant about evil women and attempt to purge that anger w/ a story. I enjoy a good BTB story as much as any other guy that has been there, but this was just too unrealistic. By the way, no one drives from UCLA to Stanford on the same day for school interviews b/c Stanford is in the San Francisco area. Not a big deal, but if one is going to make specific references, a writer should have some idea about these things. I give the last tip as the writing shows some promise, and I think better stories can result, if the writer can throttle back some of the more extreme elements.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 months ago

Typical Bear take on a situation, and I thought done well.

I don't always agree with his positions and comments, but I have no problems with his alternate ending to a story that had an almost mythic response by a cheated-on MC with incredible contacts and an ability to do things that normal folks could bever do.

I do always enjoy seeing a ne'er-do-well character get karmic retribution as happened here.

The Bear seems to agree, based on stories and comments I've seen.

SDN1955SDN19559 months ago

I think the two girls, in being so fixated on cyberstalking ang getting revenge on their mother, greatly damaged themselves. Da should have not allowed that to happen.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"Ashante, Monsieur Davies" - "Ashante?" I think the word you're looking for is "enchante."

\

"I don't know how she paid HER, but I could guess." - You don't have to pay public defenders.

\

"I am fairly sure you can get diplomatic immunity from them due to the 'clandestine' nature of some of your recent assignments." - Did I miss something? WHAT assignments? We, and HE found this out later.

\

"So return to America and get some closure." - "Get some closure," but DON'T get in touch with his ex-wife? Sounds counter-intuitive.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I’m glad the daughters got their say, but I can’t believe that Laura wouldn’t have had a LOT more to say.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ignore Kelcha and other foolish comments that Laura shouldn't have been treated so badly. The Bear came, the Bear saw and the Bear did what needed to be done. 5+

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Well done. A little too gentle with Laura, maybe an additional chapter to finish the witch off? 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yeah, that stuff at the end, roasting the ex's feet over the proverbial fire in front of her coworkers, was a little over the top. A bit too much... just a bit. But I know this is just a story, and I don't have to feel sorry for her, which I certainly do NOT, so I'm giving this one 5 stars. Thanks for posting.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

5. Feels less like a homage and more like a natural continuation. Pretty much hits all the problems I had with the original story in that there was no real closure and the revenge was decent but not enough for how evil the wife and parents were. Been easy to try to make Laura sympathetic, to try to say it was all her parents trying to influence her, to have her working hard to get her kids back but thankfully none of that, she remained as evil as ever during the years away if not more so. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The girls could have told Laura to "just accept it." Great ending to a very good story.

Ed

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

Probably the most thermonuclear BTB ever published on this site. Well done, Sir. Five stars.

Cito22Cito229 months ago

Now thats an ending!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ashante?! I hope you meant "enchanté". Your french still needs work, Bear.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a hateful story. The IRS would give a dame about a 12 k bank acct. she was a sick women .you had to go for the kill after all those years. A real sick story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow this is a horrible story ,with a real sick ending. THE BURN THE BITCH CROWD loves blood and most hate women. This was so far over the top and facts that did not work or make sense.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Examined him like "prize steer"? That's hilariously wrong, unless someone was thinking of slaughtering him for dinner or wanted to train him to be a beast of burden...wait...that was the plan of the ex. The word you want is "bull".

The scene with the mother at the end was handled badly. And, UCLA and Stanford are hardly places an informed parent would want to send daughters to today. I say that as someone with PhD from Stanford.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was an okay story, but I don't think it was a good continuation of the original story. For one thing, the original was brief and direct, which this very clearly was not.

However, my biggest complaint with the story was the way you insulted the readers by constantly using both sets of names for the characters. Really, we only needed to know the mapping once and then we can follow along without the constant belittling reminders. Even worse, you were inconsistent in how you tossed in those original name references and sometimes even used the old names as primary with a reminder they had been changed to something else. While it was a bit of a relief when you finally stopped doing that, it was too late in the story to save it. All-in-all, the names were very poorly handled.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very well written and and an excellent followup to the original 5*

bobareenobobareeno9 months ago

I read it, but it wasn’t much of a story, more of a limping tirade.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a brutal story . It was so extreme in its conclusion. Now if you read ((No Talents Hack)) story ,you will know the difference. I know my wife!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...