All Comments on 'Just Once... And Yes, I Mind'

by jamesapple

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Great take, but ended too soon. You need to continue the story - please!

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

So do we have to have another invitational for people to FTDS for this story, which is already a FTDS for kalimaxos's story?

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

So you finish an unfinished story with an unfinished story? Writing was good but really?

AbovethecircleAbovethecircleabout 3 years ago

IS There More? A part 2? At least the original author disclosed what he was doing... courtesy to the reader is always appreciated. Thus the 2 rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

good for now.

Too bad you haven't detailed a little more about his life in Europe for 1 year.

how does he live his divorce? did he meet anyone?

Now we need the confrontation and the closure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Piss poor attempt at writing, where the fuck is the rest of it? Lazy ass writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
How is this an ending?

More like a chain letter.

Appreciated the effort, but it leaves me a bit frustrated.

~Enkidu

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

one third of a story deserves one third of a score

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I was disappointed in you having the same ending as Kalimaxos, because I assumed you would take up his offer to add an ending to it, finishing the story. You didn't follow through with his expectations, left the ending with no ending, left it up in the air so I was disappointed. I enjoyed your excellent writing, but not your devious joke. Sorry you posted this and wasted my time.

tennmactennmacabout 3 years ago

There is no story here as of yet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

was there a point to this? and unfinshed stupid ending to another unfinished ending?

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
Nice... loved the ending

I would appreciate you guys doing endings to my story include a link to my original.

If you are not familiar with HTML code then just copy-paste the URL of my story to your headers. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

unvollendeter Mist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1 star

No Ending is stupid.

MurfyMurfyabout 3 years ago

Great. Two unfinished stories. Don't waste our time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sorry it is undone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You area worse than Kalimaxos for incomplete writing. You lied by stating that this was another end to his story & then turn around and do a reakky incomplete job of writing an ending. PUTRID ! ! !

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

where is the rest of it?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

It looks like the last half of the story is missing.... FTDS!

tangoperutangoperuabout 3 years ago

What do you think of this story?

Er... what story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An unfinished ending to an unfinished story?

Douchebaggery thy name is thee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice but needs an ending

4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This isn't an ending either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Was an OK story. I gave it a 1* because the story was incomplete just like the Kalimaxos original story.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Not a bad first story BUT if this isn't Chapter 1 we've gone from one unfinished story to another unfinished story. If this is Chapter 1 you should have said so in the title.

Impo_64Impo_64about 3 years ago

Really? Another unfinished story? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Unfinished story for an unfinished story. Could be a good ending if it was taken to completion.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 3 years ago

Very well done. Rick's response was right on, and it moved the story further on down the road while maintaining the suspense. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Too short, all you did wad set it up

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 3 years ago

Quite good as far as it goes.......do we get a part 2?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nicely done. Great first effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As bad as the first one - you need to complete the thing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

YOU ARE INSAIN!!!!!

He tells you to end the story, and what do you do???

Even a moron wouldn't consider this "taking on story invitation".

Don't take me wrong, story is OK (what is here) that is!

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 3 years ago

Good first story. I hope you keep writing.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 3 years ago

Pretty incomplete for an ending

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
Well written, good idea.

I’m kind of in the camp that Kalamazoo should have finished this one. His character from his head and all. I understand when someone wants to do an alternate ending, and the George Anderson thing rings true with that. I also am a believer that once you resolve the issues and tensions you introduce, the story is done and a sequel is only worth the effort if your characters and setting have generated other issues or story lines to resolve.

Your story is well constructed and your plot line is solid. But the issue providing the tension isn’t his return, it’s what happened to his family after he went to Europe. That’s completely unresolved. So when we are asking for more, we aren’t asking for a sequel or a change of heart. Please write an ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A little lacking

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Is that it - hardly worth putting pen to paper, very poor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

because no statement that it was a part 1 of who knows how many or worse yet you leave it like this I have to drop a few stars.

I think you show talent so I am hoping a part 2 comes quickly.

jamesapplejamesappleabout 3 years agoAuthor

To everyone that has commented about the length of the story, tbh I wasn't sure about posting it in the first place. I had seen a lot of REALLY good writers out there - hell, I didn't even have an editor look at it. That being said, I know exactly what is on the other side of the door, and have started to finish the finish of the "finish the damn story". Bear with me. First published story of my life, you didn't think I was going to stop there...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's silly to write a follow up and not end it. I don't see the point.

SKHPSKHPabout 3 years ago

Well written, especially for a 1st submission to LW.

But it ended where the main part of the story should begin - with the confrontation. The story is unfinished and does not deserve full marks. Or do you plan a 2nd chapter?

The wife is a cruel cheater - that is clear and was already clear from Kalimaxos' story. But the husband went well overboard with his actions and even admits this. So there is a lot of stuff for a confrontation and for some input from the children who are part of the equation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Decent start. But that's all it is. I'll hold off on rating it until I see if there's a second part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awesome first submission!

He did what he needed to do....and her relative non reaction to the divorce pretty much validated that decision.

And you even left us hanging! Nice touch!

4 very strong ****!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just a ton of rubbish...

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Perfect! What's good for the goose is good for the goose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have to disagree with all these comments about this author not finishing the original story. This story describes in detail the husband‘s response to his wife’s infidelity. He ends of the marriage. He leaves the country. He is moving on with his life. The only loose end is how well he and his now former wife are able to do in getting along at his daughter’s wedding. The husband seems to have moved on decisively and without regret, so this author has left no reason to expect any sort of reconciliation of the marriage. It’s over.

InescuInescuabout 3 years ago

So, to finish a story you leave it even more unfinished? How did that make sense in your head? I don't expect all loose ends to be tied in a nice pretty bow, but this picked up a cliffhanger and then left it hanging over another cliff.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

AND????!!!! Kal wimps out and you pretend to end the story? Wish FTDS was still around to show you how it is done.

grogers7grogers7about 3 years ago

It's not a story yet, so I cannot score it

wonder203wonder203about 3 years ago

Well written but no finish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not a conclusion but a continuation. What's your ending?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An unfinished continuation of an unfinished story was not a good idea.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 3 years ago

Oh eh, I get it...

You wrote an unfinished story to be a sequel of an also unfinished story.

I dislike this because you didn't finish it. But it was different, I give you that.

But expect your rating going down.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

jamesapple

First things first, congratulations on your first story, they are always the hardest.

Am I to assume (bad word) that the idea was to leave the reader in suspense? Had you maybe said if the divorce went through? You said he filed but not that it finished. Did their accounts get split or are the both still on them?You said that the money was going into a healthy account.

Did Dr. Tray get fired, lose his license? Again you left that hanging. Was this going to be more than one chapter? You should always state that from the start (been there done that, have the scars to prove it).

Good luck with your next adventure, I am giving you a five, not for the story , but for wading into the waters.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 3 years ago

3* is being generous, not because you are a bad writer, but to write you must be invested in your readers, this partial attempt started fine, but to not even reasonably give it some kind of conclusion is inexcusable. I hope you learn and keep on writing, you skill is obvious, but your judgement needs to be worked on.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

Fuck Me, So It Seems

That it Is up to Saddletramp1956 to complete this in a satisfactory way, please. SignedBTW

OPrimeOPrimeabout 3 years ago

Oops! The ending fell off!

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

Dude, you had something decent going until you fucked it up at the end. You didnt end this either, ffs!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

I'm not finishing your writing for you. Kalimaxos invited endings, this is not an ending. If you want others to finish your work, ask. Do not assume.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago
I liked it as far as it went.

It covered about all of the things I thought should happen. I liked that you told Leslie to get out. I'm glad you gave a copy of Marcy's letter to Kyle and Rhonda.

I agree with others that you should have finished your story. Five for the the good writing, minus five for Schrodinger's Cat. So no score from me. That's shame.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51about 3 years ago

If you take on a story to complete, do so!!!!!

i

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lol that's nice the good warrior has to take from here now and finish your story. Ela kalimaxe your turn again. Liked your contribution well written and enjoyable.

Freakpower

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well, now I know not to read anything of jimmy apple cuz he don't finish what he starts.

knoxhardknoxhardabout 3 years ago

Doing fine so far. Decent writing. Better than most. Keep going.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

yeah not too bad to start but really feels like i read a prologue in a book which is usually 2 pages. if there is no follow up and if your point is to let ppl come to their own conclusion then u should stop writing.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

You can't leave us in the middle of the action! Where is the main part of the story?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

It’s a decent attempt, but you can’t end a cliffhanger without a real ending. Cliffhanger on top of a cliffhanger is a sad description of lousy TV. I’m not saying you copped out. I think you mad a bad decision with your closing paragraph. You should have followed it through.

That said, scoring a 1, or commenting that you won’t vote, is a cop out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An incomplete completion of an incomplete story? Why? What has the reader gained from this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yeah, took a lesson from the original writer and dropped the ball also.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Yeah well thanks for nothing.

red_woodred_woodabout 3 years ago

I think it was well written.

Would be be nice to read about what happens when he opens the door.

Be safe

Mark

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsabout 3 years ago

Interesting start, but massively unfinished. One star.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

She knows she's going to be cheating, but still gives her husband a Power of Attorney?

/

Fluent in a few languages doesn't narrow things too much!

/

Why do his kids have to use email if his attorney has his new number?

/

Please learn the difference between "discrete" and "discreet." I know it's not just you, it seems like at least half the writers here don't know the difference!

/

"she wants her mother and I to clear the air so there are no issues at the wedding." - You don't have to "clear the air" to have no issues, you just have to be adults.

/

You write an ending to an unfinished story, then don't finish it?!

/

If you know what's on the other side of the door, then you should have written it! I mean, you only wrote 1600 words, it's not like you got tired of writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Boo! So what happens next

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

You left us high and dry, you did not finish the story, another Kalimaxos!

You made a great start got all of your ducks in a row and then just stepped out.

Please finish the story you started, another chapter is needed

3/5 for effort

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

BTW congrats on your first story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He sold the house and her car and put her personal crap in storage while leaving his lawyer in charge of the divorce while he lived the rest of his life in Europe. The End. See? I ended that story in 33 words and it was just as gratifying as yours.

blue66blue66about 3 years ago

1 for your ending of rather lack of .

Write your own story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Got dictionary handy? Good. If you could look up the word, "ending" that would great. This was not that. This was chapter two. FTDS.

carindenniscarindennisabout 3 years ago

DOESN'T ANYONE FINISH THE DAMN STORY?!?

ZBSKRNZBSKRNabout 3 years ago

only 2/5 because you didn't follow the simple instruction to FINISH the story. it was a good start and if you complete i'll reconsider my score

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You stupid shit!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago

Gave it a low score, finishing an unfinished story with another one is crappy writing. If you planned another chapter then let people know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One star! We already had an incomplete story!

TryingItAllTryingItAllabout 3 years ago

Was great until it just stopped. Keep it going and you get a good score.

dob092095dob092095about 3 years ago

This is a continuation? Bad as the original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It sucked. Should have just left it alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It wasn't a story. It was merely a start. Jamesapple certainly looks like he/she could be a good writer but this is NOT a story.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

Good so far, but I have to agree with the other comments- not finished. Needs a meet with his ex and resolution. Note! RESOLUTION not reconciliation. He dumped the bitch, just as he should have done.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Yep, had a good thing going then what, oh shit, I don't know how to end this. Unforgivable amateur mistake! Maybe a real writer will finish this train wreck of a story someday. I miss FTDS!

looking4itlooking4itabout 3 years ago

You’re a dick. Plain and simple.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjamesapple@jamesapple
Have been lurking for years, figured it was time to start putting myself out there...so to speak. Love useful criticism, not a fan of "Cuck, 1 star" - how does that help? Retired military. Don't be shy, drop a line! And Earth, Wind & Fire's version of Got to Get You Into My...