All Comments on 'Just Once... At the Ambassador'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder11 months ago

Good writing. Very possible way this would go in real life. Informing the kids and them excluding her from their lives is the 2nd biggest revenge, besides ending the marriage. I guess Rick would avoid making a complaint against Marcy and Trey to the hospital and Doctors without borders - at least until the divorce was concluded - wouldn't want it to affect any settlement. The only other issues are a matter of personnel choice and ethics/values - whether or not he would have a sexual relationship with Deidre (or any woman) before his divorce was finished (or at least the paperwork filed), and when and what method of confrontation would he use. You didn't address the high likelihood that Marcy did cheat earlier. Marcy is going to reap what she sowed - a very lonely life with few (if any friends) and little if any family. I wonder if she will turn to drugs and/or alcohol to cope with the depression she will face, and then of course that will destroy her career. Deidre should send Marcy a Thank you card - "Thank you for throwing your husband away. Both of our lives have improved tremendously."

jazzharpjazzharp11 months ago

Good! I think I liked your first ending better. But this one was very good.

francemanfranceman11 months ago

The last lines were really original, and you hijacked the story. Congratulations, I'd never really thought of that possibility:

- Was Deidre the real instigator of all this?

Did she deliberately set Marcy up to have a chance of getting Rick back?

The ending strongly suggests so.

Yes. Very original.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey11 months ago

Psychological warfare is scarier than blood ‘n guts all day long. Told from the victim’s regretful POV maximizes the impact and poignancy. A well conceived and written reimagining of the conclusion to ‘Just Once’. Thanks much.

Bri29Bri2911 months ago

Well done ,I actually think this is more realistic, I’m not sure about the revenge because that is always down to the individual husband .Rick is armed with her letter which is a confession of her selfishness ,and if I were Rick I would definitely show my children that so they can see the reason I am leaving their mother.After seeing that you can be sure the siblings relationship would deteriorate with the cheating mother, that in its self is the biggest revenge any loving husband could get in my opinion.Top job Onlyinmymind 👍5⭐️

tazmuntazmun11 months ago

Hmmmm…I’m liking this version. It’s one of few, maybe only one, that put him with Deidre riding off into the sunset. I always felt sorry for Deidre’s character and if I was personally involved is the only way I would rest easy.

BBeinhartBBeinhart11 months ago

Best one yet. You managed to make it both believable and entertaining. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion11 months ago

Okay, I liked it. I know I swore I would not read anymore Just Once sequels, but I did, and now I have to admit I liked this one.

jasonnhjasonnh11 months ago

I like it because Marcy is the enemy and Trey and Deirdre know it and focus on her.

Trey is a player and was playing. He was probably due some revenge from Trey for being a smug ass but this story has him doing himself in through imagined revenge. WE can imagine that at some point in the future, really bad things happen to Trey.

But Marcy seems to value the control of her little plan and Trey and Deirdre take it, and her nice life, away from her. Marcy loses her husband, her kids, her house, her friends at work and in her neighborhood, her financial stability, her reputation, and best of all, her control over her own destiny. That seems like pretty good revenge.

Trey has always loved Deirdre but honors his marriage, except for the one slip, and love for Marcy, until Marcy throws it away. Marcy frees Trey from his marriage obligations and shatters his love for her all at once. Deirdre is all set to take Marcy's place and Trey is very happy to have her.

Marcy treated Trey like he had no good options. The reality was, Trey had excellent options ready to go on little notice. Marcy, in her vindictiveness and lust, only saw the short term "win" for her and imagined, without grounds, a good future for herself in any circumstances. Trey made Marcy's future into a hard reality, cutting off some options and letting the truth manage the others. Trey was prepared. Marcy was enthralled with her arrogance and short term "win". The reality at home destroyed her.

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Author says he wrote how real people would have acted. I doubt that this follows. For one, I do not see Deirdre behaving as she did, and still do not see any couple getting into the situation that they did without talking to each other. And the reservist restaurant story is total unbelievable fantasy.

SkubabillSkubabill11 months ago

You seem to have as good a grip on the original story as anyone else. This one is as entertaining as your first one, and I liked them both better than the original, which was a pretty good story too. Five stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Not much new ground or perspectives with this version, but well written with steady plot progression. 4*

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

Liked it. First, He fucked up by engaging with Deirdre post-combat. While perhaps understandable, it was still wrong., He fucked up again by not giving his wife the whole story when he knew she suspected something. BUT those were nothing compared to what she did before and during her little vacation from the marriage. I would have explained all to the kids, taken all that was legally mine and ghosted her ass. She was no longer worthy of any consideration, fuck her, move on.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove11 months ago

Thank you. I appreciated a more nuanced approach to this tale. It felt more real.

des911des91111 months ago

Well done. Good, thoughtful, considered ending. Plausible, sad, but hopeful for Rick.

Thank you

ArediaAredia11 months ago

I like it! As in real life, it was messy with blame and to spare on both sides. Well done!

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

I thought it was really good. 4 stars

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

I stopped reading.

Not one person this whole sordid affsir was worth rooting for. They’re all selfish, deceitful, lying, backstabbing cunts.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It’s never a very good idea to write a second sequel just to appease the readers who didn’t like your first.

That said, I like it. The revenge was realistic for THESE two characters. I always saw this marriage as a train wreck, because both partners were so callous and careless in their relationship. It was suggested Marcy may have been cheating while Rick was abroad, although he never did a deep dive into it.

When a couple acts like these two, there’s no real love or respect, therefore revenge is less likely. Just walk away.

Deirdre being there was a mirror effect and the ultimate pain for Marcy. Him leaving with her for another two weeks was just icing. I’m these works of fiction, plenty of readers gravitate to some far-fetched revenge for the paramour, especially a snobby dickhead like Trey. What most readers here seem to miss, is that a guy like Trey, is just waiting for revenge so they can get you arrested and kick your ass in a civil suit. That’s almost always the likelier outcome.

Anyway, well thought out finish!!

Cookingwithgas

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it, almost perfect!

Depth, emotion, (not enough sex), reason, regret, and acceptable BtB-in-disguise, with the hated woman getting MC

Five for you

I liked your first as well

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent. Wifey is burned badly, the asshole Trey is on the run (and will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life) and husband Rick ends up with a better woman. Tightly and well written, Rick's actions are believable for the character in the original story. 5*****

PowersworderPowersworder11 months ago

Nice resolution to the story.

After a betrayal like that, it was inevitable this was how the marriage would end.

Can't wait to read more butthurt comments from Kalimaxos!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

OnlyInMyMind,

I’m a fan of this story and your ending was top three. It provides a satisfying ending to the Kalimaxos original while staying staying true tot he plot and characters.

Only one bone to pick: there is no evidence in the original story of Marcy giving Trey an advance taste of sex.

There is one ambiguous throw-away line “When Trey first put hands on me”… That implied Trey was handsy, but that doesn’t mean sex. Also, there are lines from Marcy where she implies there was no sex until South America.

A much better case could be made that Marcy cheated on Rick while he was in Korea, but there is no evidence of that either.

Anyway, kudos on a great ending.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A lot closer to reality

silentsoundsilentsound11 months ago

Nice. I see no way to accept a ridiculously unsympathetic character like Marcy.

This was a fairly realistic response and satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Better written and more acceptable than the majority of other renditions.

amygdalaamygdala11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for me. your take on Kalimaxos embodied a spouse betrayed and scorned. I especially liked the maxim of NOT screwing over friends and family. But now i will add "Foes" to that list as well. Truly in a page you have caught not just the act of infidelity but the underlying root causes of it. The attempt by the wife to have her cake and eat it, by having her affair but also attempting to "doctor" the fallout by providing Rick with a fill in of her choosing while she is away.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The thing that bothers me here and this is in no way reflects on this author, is that Marcy is supposedly getting even with Rick for an affair she imagines he had in the past yet she arranges for Leslie to be available to Rick for sex. How, even allowing for Marcy's twisted logic can that be considered getting even and let's not even include the affair that Marcy had already had in the past? Some would say that she's delusional but I think she's way beyond that.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The story was fine. The desperately insecure begging for approval from commenters was not.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

4 stars. Wish this story was a bit longer & more in depth, but otherwise thoroughly enjoyable. If anything, Rick wasn't (at least verbally) harsh enough with his slut wife. In some redos that I've read, Dierdra's made out to be the bad one, for her talk with Marcy, which I didn't like as I felt it's uncalled for. All she said was she took care of Rick, meaning she had his "6". If Marcy didn't understand, she should've asked instead of just thinking the worst. If she couldn't ask Dierdra, she should've asked Rick.

She didn't & none of the stories I've read dealt with this. I'm happy this author didn't take that route by making her a villan. Bob

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

Goo follow up. God bless our service men and women. Thanks for you writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 *

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked it, felt more realistic than most of the other sequels, well done. Now we are all anxiously awaiting the comments of the original author, the first class douche canoe, Kalimaxos herself, panties all wadded up, to blast you unfairly.

Cito22Cito2211 months ago

Loved this version 5 stars, but Trey needed a couple of broken hands. Just saying.

AardieAardie11 months ago

Telling the tale from her perspective after her return was an interesting change up. It also cut a lot of baggage and unnecessary drama from the the story before making this one a quick read. Good job.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker11 months ago

Better. Thanks.

The BEAR

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit11 months ago

This was good. No covert activities to resolve marital disputes, no extreme revenge. Using his “delayed freedom” to return her favor is a brilliant approach.

njlaurennjlauren11 months ago

Having written my own version of this story I can appreciate the dilemma involved. This story& my version had something in common, in both Marcy assumed Rick had been cheating on her while she was left home with the kids, and she likely cheated when Rick was in Korea.

There is a possible alternate to this story, that Rick and Deidre hadn't been having sex but set the scene at the Hotel to expose Marcy's hypocrisy. Given the way Rick is portrayed I think that would be more realistic, he was that kind of guy where he wouldn't cheat until the divorce happened. I have worked on extending my story, about how down the road Ruck and Marcy could find a way to reconcile, but honestly even if Rick has not had sex with Deidre ,it was just to get at Marcy, I don't see how they could easily do so, especially in the context of this story.

Again,well written and intelligent. I liked the person feeding Trey's paranoia, it was perfect.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

OOAAOOAA11 months ago

Good alternate ending of a great story!!! Well done!!!

I would have loved it harder on Marcy and Trey though...

inka2222inka222211 months ago

The kids took his side. He has a good woman to spend rest of his life with. She's suffered socially.

Not a full on BTB since she still made out like a bandit financially (by default, wife ALWAYS wins financially in a divorce unless you write the opposite in). So I can't quite give it a 5 stars, but 4.5 stars for "best revenge is living well" and him hurting her emotionally like she deserved. Honestly, if you added a couple of details about her not being able to profit financially from the divorce, it would have been an easy 5 stars.

davezqdavezq11 months ago

I think you did a good job with this, pulling all the strands of plot together into a satisfying and believable denouement. Dont sell yourself short. Keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I am still not convinced anyone has to date made a real go of this "finishing a story" someone else was too lazy to complete and sure we all get a bee in our bonnet at some endings but that is just life. Cheating in any form is just that a body blow to the partner from fatal to a flesh wound. The one and done is often the only result at the time or down the line no one recovers from abused trust.

MarkTwineMarkTwine11 months ago

Jasonnh, felt the need to recap the entire story in his comment below. Too bad he transposes the names of the husband and the lover. Just how did you manage to read the story but don’t even know the names of major characters?

AlTendAlTend11 months ago

Great play on the, 'What's Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander,' theme. Best done BTB yarn in a long time - Sadly, there seem to be so few of them anymore. Congrats!

GardenshedGardenshed11 months ago

Very good ending of “just once” story. It was straightforward and believable. Thanks for writing 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story line but not a real complete story but a summary. What I liked about it was a short and sweet, with a purpose, summary. He said basically what I thought should have been said in the many fits and starts after the original. Also in the end he got the real woman.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice and a somewhat real possibility but you didn't need the last three snide sentences aimed at your audience in an attempt to vent some angst about other scenarios or past comments that dented you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This version was pretty good. Would have liked for it to have been fleshed out a bit more.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer11 months ago

Well written. Thank you. I have err... not been the kindest with my reviews of the many attempts to "finish the story" but yours is very believable. So, thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very good best of the endings

Frank66Frank6611 months ago

Read back thru the comments on this writer's original sequel to the 'Just Once' story, and didn't see the vitriol he described. Except from Kalimaxos himself, that whiny little snowflake who deletes every comment that doesn't praise him as the next William Faulkner. I liked this story, as well as the other, and think they're both very good sequels. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So he just let's her off for the fucking around for a year while he was overseas? Not bad overall, pain of an appropriate measure with loss of affection and familial connection.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Way better!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Outstanding result!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh my! Expecting yet another lame variant, we got a masterpiece!

.

Doing it from Marcy’s POV was clever. And you had Rick perform exactly as one would have hoped he would have reacted.

.

About the only thing missing….and for me at least, this was just a nit….we really didn’t get a better read on WHY this Slut did what she did. Other than that she was a narcissistic cunt.

.

Well done! 5 *****

CaptainbklCaptainbkl11 months ago

I liked te story but please no more "just once..." or "February sucks" sequels. Getting really old.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I dunno, I still think Deidre is the true villain in this story. Her gloating set everything in motion.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent following story to an interesting set up premis tale. Sounded like a reaction a angry husband would take.

I would question the reality of Rich and Deirdre being able to engage in any type of sex acts during or immediately after a rocket attack. There are a lot of thoughts going thru your mind during the attack and afterwards sex will be a long way down the list of things to do after cleaning your pants if needed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Perfect!

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

5 star - finally an ending I can appreciate.

The stupid skanky SLUT Marcy actually did herself in - good job - keep writing.

I am left with the feeling that Trey may spend the rest of his life nervously looking over his shoulder and around corners slowly, in anticipation of some violent revenge that never shows up. He may never have another hook up with a married woman again - so that is a good thing - never ending fear - works for me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very nice version. Fuck Marcy. She got her comeuppance. Thing is, I can't believe for a second that Marcy actually gives a fuck about anyone but herself. B Her narcissistic plan failing spectacularly and being left alone is a fitting punishment.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So so. Can't see waiting around 6 weeks to give a revenge speech using my new woman as a stage prop.

No way I'd allow a woman used me as a stage prop to rub hubby face in it. Come see me when you are done with revenge mode and being pissed. Then we will see where the new relationship goes.

Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice ending. 5*. It doesn't take 30,k000 words to even this score.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done. My favorite of these alt endings

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If this rehash is the best you can do, then Kalimaxos should rescind his generous offer for alternate endings. The comments of praise are not earned, but rather made by writers embarrassed by the lack of creativity.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c111 months ago

Can't polish a turd. Original story is so bad there is no recovering.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very good, tight, and semi-crisp. You really need an editor because some of your sentences are wordy, sometimes awkward, and as a result, can be muddled or unclear. You obviously have an active, creative imagination, but we often want to write too perfectly. The result is that you overwrite, my friend. Lazy writers don't do that, nor do those who cannot visualize their work as they write. That's why you need an editor. But yes, I really liked this.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

I don’t think that even the great Kalimaxos knew what he would start with his story. You put another good ending to it, although I do really like to see Trey suffer some physical retribution for his part in her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Pretty average. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Don't worry about the naysayers! Write for enjoyment (yours and ours,) and to "heck" with the naggey nellies! Thanks for the stories!

KalimaxosKalimaxos11 months ago

To 26th NC:

Mission accomplished, buddy. I wrote a piece that exposed the BTBers for the hypocrites they are. They give Ricky boy a pass on his cheating but are "Shock! Shocked!" at the way Marcy skunked him. Even with my including Leslie as the cancellation prize, most of the ending writers wrote Rick as a f@g who turned down good young pussy. Something no real man would do, if they had a 6 week free pass. A real man would have pumped so much cum in Leslie in that time, her DNA sequence would have his in it. But no... the cheater in these stories has the nerve to moralize to his wife after he started all this shit. Had I written the story reversed with her lover coming home to tell him, "Rick, I took care of Marcy while in Iraq," you guys would be screaming bloody murder and be laughing at Rick going to South America with a bimbo. Face it. In your world, man is a saint, and women are all whores. So yes, with that exposed, I say mission accomplished.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart11 months ago

4. A bit above average. I honestly preferred the other BTB version a bit more though I appreciate this one's change of viewpoint and like that her actions caused what she had been so angry and worried about. Again turning trash in to gold. You've done a BTB and a revenge story, wonder if you could spin a could reconciliation story out of the Just Once premise? Not sure I've ever read a good, or at least satisfying, reconciliation ending to the story, fairly sure most went into RAAC territory.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the better versions and sure worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Should have maimed the whore and her master, or worse...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a bad Alternative ending, but you still actually let Trey off with Absolutely no revenge. We know he didn't still her, but he knew she was married and he still fucked her trying to cuckold Rick. She got what she Deserved, a divorce. As far as Rick and Deirdre go war zones are different Reality places, and they never did go all the way over there. But I think Deirdre did Probably play Marcy to get Rick Permanently..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I still love alternate ending where Trey and Marcy go to Prison in south America drug smuggling..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Actually quite a good effort on an odd supposition.

Cheers

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind11 months agoAuthor

#FlynnTaggart

Sorry dude. It would take an imagination better than mine to bring these two clowns back together. I can believe a man or woman forgiving an indiscretion born in a moment of weakness; but for a spouse to abandon their partner, to 'Hall Pass' for six weeks with someone they have already been warned about flirting with? To do it the way she did? No; it's beyond my abilities to find an iota of respect there on which to rebuild a future.

"But I left him Leslie." Leslie and Vincent are vulnerable because of their fetish, and only agreed to 'service' Rick because Marcy had to about him buying in. Once the lie was exposed and Marcy conceded that her actions could lead to divorce, then Leslie would have to back off to avoid being publically humiliated in the fall out from a vicious separation.

Deirdre probably was a manipulator here. But she already had a crush on Rick so why would he sleep with the local cum dump when he has a woman who cares about and respects him and understands what it means to serve? And anyway, even if he did screw Leslie until her brains leaked out, Marcy is still history.

Marcy has slept with his enemy in retaliation for a crime she only suspects he committed. She's partly correct but her nuclear revenge can't go unrecognised by anyone still capable of an erection. So no RAAC there either.

I cannot imagine a man who gave up a career to be with her, reconciling after this behaviour. Just... No.

So as I said. Can't do it dude; there's nothing left in this marriage but suspicion, bitterness, regret, vengence and envy.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit11 months ago

I like it…it was a fitting take on the situation.

Moonbat74Moonbat7411 months ago

A good take on this classic

mfbridgesmfbridges11 months ago

It was ok I liked the redux.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the better add-on endings for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Mission accomplished. The story avoided the typical BTB histrionics, while maintaining sufficient drama in the dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This frankly, was better, and more realistic than all the rest. Well done.

xtc5xtc511 months ago

I liked it the story I believe you could have done even better.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Liked it, also Josh deserved to know, (he did nothing wrong), so glad you wrote that part too

Fireman3523Fireman352311 months ago

I believe in this ending . Wife of a warrior who missed the mark by not seeing what if blamed for an act that didn't happen and without an admission or proof would lead to ruin. She got Dr. Trey a week paranoid wimp. He was forced ln to the arms of a trusted woman he shared a bond of life and death with. All and all the best and most Feasible ending!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Your story is okay! I still don't like follow up stories that the original author sanctions.

4

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I agree, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

My favorite finish to the story. Well done.

"If I'm paying the penance, I may as well commit the sin."

He he.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well-written sequel. I really liked your take on the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well done . Nicely crafted . Thanks for posting . 4 *

DK

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...