Justice for Alina

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello Mr. Jack, you came..." her weak voice managed to greet me.

"I came, Eulalia. I told you I would bring you news." I whispered.

"Did you find him?... Did you find justice for my Alina?"

"I believe so, ma'am. We need to process the evidence we received today. Hang in there, Mrs. Rice. We should know in a couple of days."

She seemed to smile at that news as she turned to Colby and said, "Did you hear Colby? We got justice for my Alina...."

I sat with the two of them and filled Colby in on the situation and the need for DNA match testing to link the suspect to Alina's death. I could tell his mind was focused on watching his sister struggling, knowing the end was at hand. Eulalia seemed to relax, her breathing less labored, as I explained what Jackie Wilson and the FBI cold-case agents had uncovered today.

"Mrs. Rice, it was a former classmate she hardly knew." I gave her that last piece of information, as I watched her hand reach for mine. Her voice was silent, although she managed to squeeze my hand.

"Thanks, Mr. Jack," Colby spoke for her, "You kept your word. I know Eulalia always believed you would get justice for Alina. She was hanging on, hoping you'd bring her that sense of peace. She's looking forward to meeting Alina again."

Late that evening, Mrs. Eulalia Rice couldn't wait any longer. She slipped peacefully away to meet and deliver the good news to Alina.

The DNA lab ran late that night -- expediting and confirming a match in a cold case for Atlanta, Georgia. At that notification, just as unexpected as she had arrived, Special Agent Jackie Wilson slipped quietly out of the local FBI headquarters leaving all the case files with the local agents for processing. Marfan and Hannity received accolades for their work. Lei Swan, still waited for that praise to come, still far better and unrecognized at that point, she became a blip on Jack Wilson's radar as a person of interest, a possible future recruit for that shadow government agency. Back in Washington, Jack Wilson's Criminal Studies Division closed another case that had previously fallen through the cracks and had become lost in the overflow of bureaucracy.

Today, justice was finally served; the shadow government found justice for Alina.

____________________

Request for Ratings and Comments

Please, rate, favor my story, and follow me if it interests you. If you have a few moments, kindly make a comment on this work for me. I use constructive comments to improve my writing!

Dmallord

_______________