Karen's Hall Pass...Ch. 01

Story Info
Husband pushes wife to spice up their sex life.
12.3k words
4.27
22k
35
8

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/16/2023
Created 10/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OldMan45
OldMan45
1,024 Followers

Sadly I loaded the box containing my personal items from my office into the trunk of my car. I had put in 21 years with Grayson Flooring Company Inc. I started right after I graduated college with a marketing degree, and old man Grayson was a pleasure to work for. Now 21 years later he was being bought out by a large National Corporation expanding into Mississippi. Grayson had four locations, the main one in Jackson, then a store in Tupelo, Meridian and Gulfport, Ms. A lot of that expansion he credited to me for my marketing skills.

As I closed the trunk, I looked back at our office on State Street. Mr. Grayson was looking out the second floor window from his office waving to me. I waved back, smiling as best I could. I couldn't blame him for selling, his health was failing and his family members were not interested in running the business. They saw dollar signs.

I remember him coming into my office with a sad face a month ago, and I knew it was not good news. Rumors were already flying around about him selling the business. Starting my car I sat there and thought about that morning he walked in my office and sat down. He said he wanted me to be the first to know that he was selling and he tried to see if the new owners would keep me on, but they had their own staff that would handle marketing back in Chicago their home office.

Today was my last day and I was trying to hold it together. I'd spent the morning making sure the new owners had all my files forward to them, plus the names and contact phone numbers of key television, radio and newspaper people I worked with on ads.

I had been so busy I didn't notice it was already 1:30 pm when I finished. Putting my personal items in a box, Mr. Grayson opened my door and came in and sat down.

"You're the best Karen, and I know without you the company would not have grown like it has the past 20 years." A tear rolled down my cheek as I listened to him. Not because I wouldn't be kept on by the new owners. I would miss working with him and the friends I had made here in the office.

"Please don't cry Karen, you're going to be okay, I'm giving you $500,000 in addition to the retirement money you've earned working here. Just keep that to yourself, other employees being let go will get a little bonus with their last paychecks," he chuckled, "but in my opinion you've earned every penny of that $500,000."

"You don't need to do that," I protested, "I'll be okay. I'm not crying because I'm losing my job, I...I just will miss working with you and the rest of the staff. This place has been like a second home to me and I'll miss it, "I murmured while wiping my eyes with a tissue and blowing my nose.

"Yeah I know," he mumbled sadly, "every time I checked you were working late, coming in early. Always the first to jump in and help with anything that came up, regardless if it was your responsibility or not. You're not only the best employee I ever had, but also the nicest person I ever met." His voice was heavy as he pulled his handkerchief and wiped his eyes.

Pulling out of the parking lot for the last time, I wiped the tears out of my eyes and headed home. Home. To an empty house. My only daughter, 19 years old was off in college at Florida State. Robert my husband of 20 years was seldom home except to sleep, or fuss that I didn't spend more time making myself more presentable. Always the cutting remarks, like, 'Karen if you didn't sit on your ass all day you would be in better shape, or Karen can't you do something about your hair, that style went out years ago' or the best one 'Do you really need that piece of pie, your butts big enough already,' he would smirk and walk off.

Pulling into the driveway at home I was surprised to find Robert's car at home and another car I didn't recognize. He worked for Magnolia Real Estate Inc, which started out in Jackson, Ms over 75 years ago, right after the end of World War II. The American soldiers came home, business started up, they were getting married, having babies and buying houses. The company grew and grew and now they have Real Estate offices throughout Mississippi, Alabama. Now it was run by a board of directors made up of five men.

Robert had been one of their top salesmen for the past several years, he was never home during the week in the middle of the afternoon. Turning off the car in the garage, I thought maybe if he has company I won't have to listen to him

Taking a deep breath I opened my car door and went into the laundry room from the garage, then on into the kitchen. Then I heard him, it sounded like he was in the game room/man cave room talking to someone. The door to the room was just a few steps from the kitchen and not completely closed.

"Damn Robert are you going to run the table again? You already won the last 3 games asshole," the guy chuckled. Then in a more serious tone asked, "Robert what do you think is going to happen now that Jay is retiring as Manager of the Jackson office?" I finally recognized the voice, it was Ned Beasley, he had retired a few years ago from Magnolia Real Estate after inheriting a large sum of money from an Uncle. He must have gotten a new car.

He was 58 years old and lived with his wife in a very nice home in the Reservoir area. He always gave Robert stiff competition for best salesman of the year. I always thought he was a nice guy and loved his wife Vera dearly. I wasn't around Vera often even though Ned and Robert were close friends, but she seemed nice even though I thought she dressed a little too sexy for someone her age.

Sighing, I remember a time when Robert loved me dearly and all that seemed to change when Wanda, our daughter entered high school. That was about the time he started pushing me to flirt with other men. Our sex life had been pretty good until then, and I was shocked at him wanting me to dress sexy and flirt with men when we were at parties or at the Jackson Country Club.

I was a virgin when I married, and I couldn't understand why a husband would want his wife to flirt with other men and lead them on. I accused him of just wanting an excuse to flirt with other women and we had a big fight. While Wanda was in high school he finally stopped asking, but our sex life tapered off, and since she went off to college he started up again saying we needed to spice up our sex life.

Needless to say I refused and our sex life nearly stopped. That's when he really started his hurtful remarks about my weight, big butt, hair style or clothes that I wore.

I still had needs, and I felt guilty but I broke down and ordered a vibrator. I even went so far as to get a PO Box in Jackson to have it mailed to.

I was about to quietly go up to our bedroom when I heard Robert talking loudly. "What choice do they have except make me Manager of the Jackson office. I've been a top salesman for the past 3 years. Jay's meeting with the board of directors this afternoon and is going to recommend that I replace him. Hell it's in the bag," he laughed loudly.

"Don't count on Jay being much help Robert," Ned chuckled, "I keep up with what's going on in the market and the Jackson office is not up to what it used to be. Just saying," he chuckled.

"Bull shit," Robert said, "if not me who the hell would they make Manager. None of the other sales people are even close to my production."

"Whoa man," Ned replied, "I'm not saying you wouldn't be the best choice out of the sales people here in the Jackson office. They may want to bring in someone new to see if they can shake things up, you know a fresh set of eyes."

"Fuck a fresh set of eyes my ass. I'm fixing to make the eight ball and kick your ass again," Robert chuckled. Clack, clack, clack the balls made a racket, then I heard a ball clunk into the pocket. "WELL FUCK ME!" shouted Robert.

Ned chuckled loudly, "Scratch you lose! Thanks for doubling up on this game, it makes me even, and now I am going home to my beautiful wife. Tonight is date night and you know what that means," he chuckled.

"Yeah asshole I do," Robert replied in an angry tone.

"You just need to set up a date night with your lovely wife, then maybe you wouldn't be such a grumpy all the time. Since the kids are out of the house our sex life is about as good as it was when we got married," he chuckled, and it sounded like he slapped Robert on the back.

It sounded like Ned was leaving so I hurried and went upstairs so he wouldn't see me and think I was intentionally listening to their conversation. Closing the bedroom door behind me, I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. Hearing Ned say he and his wife were having sex regularly made me horny. I knew he and his wife were both 58 years old and here I was 45 and my husband and I were having sex about 1 or 2 times a month. Hell it had been 5 weeks since we last had sex.

Kicking my shoes off I walked over and sat down on the bed. Here it was Wednesday 3:40 pm and normally I was in my office this time of day coordinating with our other offices about future ads. Sighing I fell back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. What the hell does a 45 year old woman do going forward? I was too young to retire. I knew no other marketing jobs in the Jackson area would pay me what Mr. Grayson paid me.

Then I remember the $500,000 check Mr. Grayson gave me. I tried to give back to him and he refused saying, "I'm too old to argue with you, but if I have too I'll go to the bank and deposit in your account myself."

I was still amazed at the amount of money Mr. Grayson gave me. I didn't know the amount he had sold the company for, but I heard it was a ton of money. His company was the number one in the State and they wanted a foot hold in Mississippi. I decided I would keep the amount from Robert. For the past 15 years I had handled paying bills and putting money aside for savings and investments, with little input from Robert.

Knowing Robert if he knew I had $500,000 he would want to buy a bigger house in Madison or at the Reservoir area just to impress people. It rankled him Ned inherited a large sum of money and moved to the Reservoir and retired.

We had bought a house just outside Clinton, off Pinehaven Drive 10 years ago. It was only 5 years old when we bought it. It was a 2 story sitting on 4 acres, 4150 square feet, 3 car garage, 4 bedrooms and a den/game room off the kitchen. I loved it, plus we put in a pool and large building behind the pool that was 800 square feet. Two hundred feet for storage and 600 feet heated and cooled with a small bathroom. It was handy when we had guests over to swim, and if needed to spend the night.

Our daughter loved it when she had several girls over to spend the night they would stay out there. If it was just her and her friend Brenda they usually stayed in her bedroom.

There was no need to spend money on a new home. We had a nice home and it would be paid for by the time we retired, I thought to myself. I just needed a way to earn money until I was at least 59 1/2 then I could start drawing on my 401-K without penalty. My thoughts were interrupted when Robert came into the room.

I sat up and acted like I didn't know who had been in the game room with him, "Whose car was in the driveway," I asked him.

"It was Ned he just needed to talk to me, so I told him to meet me here," he replied casually, "I really don't want to talk about it right now."

He appeared to be agitated with Ned, probably because Ned was bragging about his sex life. I thought it's your own fault buster.

With his hands on his hips he stared at me. I figured here it comes another smart ass comment. He surprised me by saying, "Sorry about your job, I know how much it meant to you. Stupid assholes that bought the company were fools to let you go."

I was so shocked I couldn't speak and nodded my head. He sounded sincere, but I should have known better. "You will just have to find another job, you won't need to make as much money as you've been used to making, since I'm going to be the new manager of the Jackson office. Just enough to cover your part of the household expenses," he chuckled.

Walking over to the bathroom he said "I'm sure Mr. Grayson gave you a little bonus money you can use that to buy a nice outfit for the Office Party. You need to look your best when they announce me as the new manager," Then he closed the bathroom door as I said, "Sure Robert there was enough bonus to pay for a nice dress." Giving him the finger as the door closed.

While he was in the bathroom I grabbed my purse and slipped my heels back on and headed downstairs and out to my car. I had to get out of the house before I killed him. It was too late to go to the bank and deposit the check Mr. Grayson gave me but I knew for sure I had to hide the money from him.

I just rode around and ended up on the Natchez Trace Parkway headed toward the Madison area. My cell phone started ringing and I just ignored it when I saw Robert was calling. When I got to Madison/ Ridgeland I decided I needed a drink, and somewhere I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. The sign for the Hilton Inn caught my attention. I knew they had a bar and it was unlikely I would run into anyone I knew. During the week it most likely just traveling sales people staying there at the Inn. I pulled in and parked.

I sat in the car and listened to the message from Robert he had left. He was ranting about me leaving and not telling him, plus what was for supper. I texted him back I was busy doing what he said, looking for a nice outfit for the Office Party, and he would have to fix himself something to eat. I had hardly sent the text when he responded right back. 'Good, get something sexy. I'll go to the Jackson Country Club and get something to eat."

Entering the hotel I turned right into the bar just off the main lobby. Thankfully there was only one gentleman sitting at the far end of the bar. The bartender was a middle-age woman wearing black slacks and white button up blouse. She was an attractive brunette with a kind smile, when she saw me come in and sat at the end of the bar on a high back stool.

I couldn't help but grin when she walked up to see what I wanted. Her name tag said 'Wanda' the name of my daughter. Placing a napkin down in front of me she smiled and said, "You had a sad look on your face when you first walked in and now your smiling, don't tell me I have something on my face," she chuckled lightly, using her hand to feel around her mouth.

"Oh no," I mumbled, "I have a daughter named Wanda....and it made me think of her."

"Well I thought maybe I had something on my mouth, I just now choked down the last bite of a sandwich before you came in. What can I get you?"

"The way I feel right now I think I'll have a Harvey Wallbanger," I replied, frowning again thinking about how shitty day I was having.

"Sorry you're having a bad day, are you staying here at the hotel?"

she asks in a kind voice.

"No," I responded not wanting to get into a conversation and say where I was from or my full name, "not staying here, I just needed a drink and time to think about my crappy day."

"One Harvey Wallbanger coming up," she smiled and turned away to make my drink. Searching my purse to make sure I had cash, I didn't want to use a credit card with my name on it, or the charge showed up on a credit card statement.

Wanda put my drink down on the napkin and a bowl of mixed nuts beside it. "Enjoy and let me know if you need anything else," she smiled.

Finding cash in my purse I laid money out on the bar to pay her. "No need unless you're only having one, I can run a tab until you're ready to settle. You don't look like the type to skip out without paying,"

"Thanks do that, my name is Karen," I grinned, "right now I just need some peace and quiet."

"Sure thing, I need to prepare things before the evening crowd comes in, so just shout if you need anything."

I looked at my drink, there was a toothpick through an orange slice with a cherry on the end of the toothpick. The red straw beckoned me to take a swig, and it felt so good going down my throat. After taking a drink I put my cash back in my purse and laid it on the bar beside me and took another drink.

The man at the other end of the bar got up and slapped some money down on the bar and walked out, leaving me the only one in the bar. Alone except for the bartender, I chuckled to myself. Hell in a little while my husband would leave and head to the country club, then I could go home and be alone there!

I guess having my own pity party I didn't even realize I was sucking on the straw and my drink was empty. Wanda was back in front of me, "Honey do you want another one, I think that one is empty," she giggled softly.

"Yes please," I replied picking up the toothpick with the orange slice and cherry and biting the cherry and chewing it up. In just a minute she was back with a fresh drink and I had finished the orange slice also.

We were still alone and she leaned on the bar and smiled, "Do you want to talk about it?"

I stifled a giggle, "So it's true all bartenders are good listeners and part time psychologists."

She laughed a soft laugh and said, "Well I have been doing this a long time and I'm guessing with that wedding ring you and your husband have had a fight."

Before I could say anything people started coming in and she had to go wait on them. One gentleman alone sat down at the bar two stools down from me, the others that came in two's and three's and took tables. Before long there were about 12 or 13 people in the bar all men.

Wanda was working her ass off, making me wonder if she had to do this all by herself. Right at 6 p.m. another girl came in dressed like Wanda. She was younger and hurriedly grabbed an apron. Wanda was busy fixing drinks and gave the girl a hard look.

I heard the girl say sorry she was late and Wanda told her to get busy and if you're late again you're fired. Looking up as I took a drink, I noticed for the first time the gentleman sitting 2 stools down from me. His eyes were on the young girl that came in late for work. She tied the apron on and looked over at him and winked and batted her eyelashes. He swirled the dark liquid in his glass and winked back at her, then turned his glass up and finished his drink.

Cherry, I later learned that it was her name, started over to him, when Wanda told her to carry a tray of drinks over to three men at a table in the corner. Frowning she did as she was told, and Wanda walked over to see if he wanted another drink.

I could see why Cherry flirted with him. If there ever was a man to call tall dark and handsome he was it. He had dark hair, and was wearing a nice white dress shirt, no tie, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Dark hair covered his muscled forearm,

and dark hair was visible at the neck of his dress shirt. His voice was deep and husky when he told Wanda, "Fix me another while I visit the men's room, and just put on my room," as he rose from his stool to his full height. Shit he was tall, at least 6' 3" and big. His shirt stretched across his chest and broad shoulders outlining ripped muscles underneath. His smile made me clench my core muscles, and he wasn't even smiling at me.

As he walked toward the men's room I couldn't keep from looking at his ass. He was just as handsome from the backside as the side or front view. He moved with confidence and that ass looked great. What the hell, I had never lusted after a man before and here I was thinking wicked thoughts, and how his big hands would feel like touching me.

I felt hot all over and quickly took a drink to cool off. My thoughts were still on him when Wanda asked me if I was ready for another drink. I just nodded my head yes, I was afraid if I spoke it would sound squeaky. When she walked off to fix it I saw I had finished my drink. When she brought my drink I had got hold of myself and thanked her. As she used a rag to wipe down the bar she leaned over and giggled, "I can't blame Cherry for flirting with him, damn he is about the sexiest man I ever laid eyes on. I can tell from his room number he has a top floor suite which is our most expensive. Lucky bastard has looks and money," she giggled again.

OldMan45
OldMan45
1,024 Followers