Karl Cared Enough

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then she stood up, and faced Karl. She looked at his big belly. She looked at his bald head, and the gray hair. Without expecting it, she asked, "You volunteering?"

"For what?"

"To not fuck me. To make love to me."

"Oh, Rhylee. Get serious. Look at me. I am so wrong. Not even a woman my age would want me."

"All talk, huh? You don't care any more than any other guy."

"I care more than you know," Karl said, very quietly. "I don't know how I feel about you. A little bit fatherly. I'd be proud if you were my daughter. We're friends. I have really enjoyed getting to know each other. I'm a little in love with you. I have definitely lusted after you. I would hate to screw that up. Sex is powerful. Lovemaking is even more powerful. I don't want to screw you up, Rhylee."

Rhylee burst into tears. "I'm already screwed up. I don't think I could be any more screwed up. You talk good about 'making love,' and being naked, but it's all talk. The only action you take is solo work. You have gotten so used to jacking off, that you won't get naked with me. You won't take a chance with me. You don't really care enough to take a chance!"

Karl stood from his chair. He put one hand behind her head, and held it still as he moved his face toward her. Very gently, he reached forward, and brushed his lips against hers. Then he kissed the corner of her mouth. Then he lightly kissed her left ear. He whispered in her ear.

"Rhylee, I care. I care enough. Would you have dinner with me, tonight?"

"Where?"

"My favorite restaurant. Here. I'll make you a dinner like you've never had. Then we'll see where that goes."

Rhylee though about it. She dropped her hand and picked up his, and guided it toward her breast. This was completely different from when she was in his lap, raging at him. His hand went with hers, willingly. He cupped her naked breast in his hand, and rubbed the nipple with his thumb. He moved his head back to her face, and kissed her eyelids, first the left, then the right. He nipped lightly at her nose. Then he moved back to her lips and pressed against them with a steadily increasing pressure. He opened his lips slightly, and let his tongue barely touch her lips.

Rhylee responded. She opened her mouth, and slipped her tongue into his mouth. He had never felt such a tongue. It was like it was reaching down into his throat. He started sucking on it for all he was worth, and kneaded her breast. For a change, it didn't take time for him to harden.

Then, her breast was wet and slippery. The milk was leaking everywhere. He pulled away from her mouth, and looked directly into her eyes, for at least five seconds. Then he bent over, and began licking the milk off her full breast.

"I've always wondered what it tastes like," he murmured. "Sweet. Good. Really good." He put the nipple into his mouth and sucked, once, twice, a third time.

"Gotta stop. This is Kayden's," he said.

Rhylee was disappointed. This felt very good. This was as wet as she had ever been since she and Mindy had stopped their sexual experimenting.

Karl, gave another quick peck on Rhylee's lips. "Get out of here, brat. Button your shirt, take your kid, and go. If you still want it, come back at seven. We'll have dinner, and we'll see what happens from there. In the meantime, I have work to do."

Rhylee did as she was told, maybe for the first time in her life. Each time she fed Kayden that day, she felt herself growing wet. She thought about Karl's lips on her breasts. She couldn't believe that old guy was having this kind of effect on her. She wandered around the trailer while Kayden slept. Sometimes she sat down and cried. Sometimes she picked up a few things and put them away.

In the meantime, Karl went out and went shopping. Fresh strawberries. Chocolate to melt. He got a single lobster and two beef filets. Two Yukon Gold potatoes went into the cart. Baby carrots and fresh dill. He was out of eggs, a dozen went into the cart. He reviewed his pantry in his mind. Since he moved into the trailer, he didn't care much about cooking anymore. Without Margaret to please, he didn't care. Suddenly, he found himself caring.

Fresh tarragon, white wine vinegar, shallots, fresh chervil, cayenne pepper and butter. He now had everything he needed to make a sauce Bearnaise.

He went to the wine aisle. Then he decided, "no." She was a minor. He was taking enough chances as it was. She was of age for sex, but it would still be a felony for him to give her any alcohol. He thought that a little silly. Sex had far greater potential damage than a glass of wine in a person's life. Booze was a body thing, but sex touched your very soul. But jail wasn't a chance he was willing to take. Instead he got some apple juice, and some CO2 capsules for his seltzer bottle. He would make freshly carbonated apple juice to go with the meal.

Margaret always kept the house filled with candles, so Karl checked out the choices. Just junky emergency candles. He went to the mall, to the Yankee Candle shop. That was Margaret's favorite choice. He started talking to her.

"Margaret, I hope you don't mind. We changed each other's lives, but I am so lonely. I know this isn't a long term deal, and I would never have betrayed our marriage. But you're gone. I can't ever know you again. I feel like you're guiding me right now. I still love you. I still need you. Will you help me? Will you help me help Rhylee? Will you help give her back her life?"

He went into the shop. He looked around, there were so many choices! What to get?

"Can I help you?" A pleasant middle-aged woman offered.

Karl turned beet-red. The clerk looked at his left hand, and saw that there was no wedding ring. Karl had removed it shortly after Margaret's death. It wasn't that he was on the prowl, it was just sacred somehow, and he thought it would profane it to wear it after she was gone.

The woman saw he was single, saw the red face, and smiled gently. "I think there's a very lucky woman out there, am I right?"

"A woman, yes. I don't know how lucky."

"Oh, she is. You care enough to make something nice for her. She's fortunate. Let's see, a romantic evening. You don't want light and too sweet. Lavender is completely wrong. Vanilla is too much grandmother. You want something just a tiny bit heavy, but not overpowering. You want something a little exotic, like her."

"How does she know all this?" thought Karl.

She laughed. "I'm a mind-reader, you know. Not really, but I know what I like, what would get me going. It's my job to know candles, and the more I know people, the better I can do my job. Now, you're looking for romance, so you don't want the candles in a jar. That's homey. You don't want kitchen, you want bedroom. That means pillar candles. You could put them in a chimney, or leave them out. Pillars are romantic."

She put her hand at the small of his back, and guided him to the array of pillar candles. "Only two choices will work for you. The Sage and Citrus, and the Cinnamon and Frankincense. I would get five or six of the Cinnamon and Frankincense. Put one on the table for the dinner. It is dinner at home, isn't it?"

Karl stood mute, and nodded in amazement.

"Good. Then one on the table, no more. No flowers. Don't let the fragrances compete. You need a low candle, not a tall one. You don't want to have to straighten up to see over it, to look at your lady's face. The six inch candle should just be on a saucer or small plate."

The rest of them should be around the living room. That way the candles will blend their aromas together, from one room to the next. The Sage and Citrus will be in the bedroom, so that they can have a completely different aroma, without fighting with the other candles. Just be sure that they aren't someplace where you might knock them over. Mirrors are good, they add to the light, without making the place too bright. You want to be able to see her, but still enjoy the mood of mystery that dim lighting provides."

"Then two or three of the Sage and Citrus. That will blend well with any musky atmosphere that may develop. They are for the bedroom. Not the headboard or bedside tables either," she instructed. "Headboards are dangerous places for candles. Too much motion could knock them down onto you. That wouldn't be good," she said with a gentle smile.

"Clear your dresser top. One or two candles there. Find another secure spot on the other side of the room for the other candle. The candles are not for you to see, they are for her. Most likely, your back will be toward them. That's why you put them on the sides of the room, and closer to the far end, than near the bed. She will be looking at you, or seeing them."

"Oh, one more thing. If there is a tv in the room, get it out. They're ugly, and unromantic. Make her feel that the room is a temple, dedicated to her. Hide it in a closet for the night, do something, but get it out."

Karl was dumbfounded. Everything she said sounded just right, he just couldn't believe this total stranger was talking to him like this. It was as if Margaret was speaking to him.

Tears sprang to his eyes. Now he really felt naked, in front of this complete stranger. She reminded him of himself, more than Margaret. A little thick as frequently comes with age. A friendly, open face, with a sweet smile. Lightly curled, dark brunette hair, that was probably dyed. She was old enough to be turning gray, but there was no sign of it. But it was as if Margaret was telling him how to prepare for the evening with Rhylee. She answered his prayer.

The woman's name tag identified her as Kim. She gathered up the candles she suggested, and he followed her to the register.

"Nothing more, now. Don't overdo. Simple is best. You don't want to overpower her, you want to woo her. You're not looking for what I call 'atmospheric rape'"

She rang up the sale, took his money, and put the candles in a bag. As he turned to leave in a daze, she added one more thing. "She is lucky. If it doesn't work out, stop by here again. You'll already have my favorite candles."

Karl almost stumbled as he left the store. There was no doubt in his mind at all. Kim just came on to him. He was still fat, old, ugly Karl. What was going on? Kim was definitely attractive, especially for her age. And Rhylee was just an extraordinarily hot very young woman who had propositioned him over a plate of scrambled eggs.

"Margaret? What are you doing? What's happening to me?"

Karl was lost in thought as he prepared for the dinner date. He laid the ingredients out to speed up the cooking. He peeled the potatoes, put some salt in a pot and cold water. He cut the potatoes into cubes and put the pot on the stove. The carrots went into a little metal steamer at the bottom of a saucepan, and were sprinkled with freshly chopped dill. A little water on the bottom of the pot, a lid on the pot, and it was ready for heat when the time came.

Another large pot of water was put on to boil. The lobster kept trying to climb out of the kitchen sink, but it was too slippery. When the water was boiling, Karl removed the heavy rubber bands from the claws, apologized to the crustacean, and dropped him into the gently boiling water. About twelve minutes later, the lobster was bright red, so out came the tongs to pull him out of the water. He cleaned up that preparation, and cracked the lobster after it had cooled. He carefully removed the tail meat and sliced it into cutlets. He set them aside, and then attacked the claws. After he had harvested the meat, he chopped everything but the cutlets. Then he put it into the refrigerator.

When the potatoes were done, he drained them and mashed them with butter, sour cream, white pepper, salt, a pinch of nutmeg and an egg yolk. He didn't have his old pastry bags anymore. All his fancy cooking stuff went when he sold the house. He didn't think he would ever be cooking again.

Instead he mounded the potatoes into two servings, and molded and scalloped them with two large spoons. He eyed the work critically, and tried again. Then he dusted them very lightly with a little paprika, and set them aside.

The beef was put on a broiling tray, seasoned, and put into the oven. At least the trailer used propane for the stove, so he could use a proper flame for broiling, and not an uneven electric coil. He let the steaks rest in the oven to bring them up to room temperature before cooking. He laid out the Bearnaise ingredients on the counter right next to the stove, in the order that he would use them.

He turned around. You don't exactly get a formal dining room in a trailer. He straightened the kitchen area, and looked at his watch. If he rushed, he could get to the local dollar type store, and get an inexpensive fabric table cloth.

When he returned, he set the table with the cloth and napkins he picked up. He settled for the only plates he had, and hoped Rhylee didn't think them too tacky. He laid out the cutlery, wineglasses and water glasses. The single candle went into the center of the table. He had ignored Kim's advice a little tiny bit. He bought a pink rosebud at the florist, and put it at Rhylee's place, where she would sit with her back to the stove.

The kitchen was ready. Next was the living room. That was easy, and he laid out the remaining five Cinnamon and Frankincense candles.

Next was the bedroom. He unplugged the tv, and disconnected the cable. He moved it into the other bedroom, that was really just a storage room, anyway.

Then he cleared off the rest of his dresser, and put on two candles, very close to each other. He found a small block of wood to rest one on, so they stood at different heights. The other candle went across the room on a small side table. Then he laid a pair of dark slacks, a yellow polo shirt, and his blue suede sport jacket on the bed, ready to change into.

He looked around. Everything was ready. He needed something to keep him busy, he had to keep his hands busy. He had been hard nearly the entire time since Rhylee left. He kept remembering the taste of her milk, and he wanted to taste it again. He saw those lovely breasts before him, and yearned to pull his penis into the open and masturbate furiously. He knew better than that. Maybe he could recover within the day, he suspected he could, but maybe not. Performance anxiety, he did not need, tonight.

Six-thirty. He changed his clothes, and put his hamper in the storage room also. Who needs dirty clothes in Rhylee's temple? He smiled as he thought of that. How did Kim know that Rhylee was a goddess who deserved a temple?

The jacket he hung on the back of the chair closest to the door. He sent a text to Rhylee. "Knock, don't just walk in." Then he turned to the stove and started the various parts of the meal. Timing it was going to be tricky with the tiny kitchen that mobile homes have, but he'd give it his best shot. The only light on in the place was the hood light over the stove. He decided it was time to light all the candles.

A light knock sounded at the door. Karl slipped his jacket on, and went to the door. There she stood. Small, vulnerable, beautiful, sexy Rhylee. She was holding Kayden. "I don't have a sitter, you're my only sitter," she offered.

"I expected him. I have something for him." He showed her a very large, wicker laundry basket he had purchased. There was a blanket in the bottom. "Here, he has his own little bed for tonight." We can bring it in with us later, if we want."

Rhylee shook her head. "He'll be fine in the living room. I don't want to share my bedroom with my son. He needs his space, I need mine. I started that the day we came home from the hospital. I've only slept alone, but I always knew he was in the house with me, and that was company enough."

Rhylee looked around the trailer. "This is just beautiful! I can't believe you did all this! I bet you do this for all your women!"

Karl nodded. "Uh-huh. Margaret and you. And you are worthy of it. You are a goddess and tonight you are to be worshiped in a manner befitting you."

Rhylee told him, "I need to feed Kayden, then he should sleep for a while. Probably not all night, but he's getting better about sleeping for more than two hours at a time."

"Go ahead, you don't need my permission, you never asked for it before."

"I know, but somehow this is different. Can I use your second bedroom to feed him?"

"Sure," Karl said, puzzled, and a little disappointed. He had been looking forward to a preview of coming attractions. He turned his attention to the final dinner preparations. The carrots were steaming, the filets were broiling. When they were done on one side, he turned them over, and slid the potatoes under the broiler, alongside the meat. Then he focused carefully on the Bearnaise sauce. It was tricky stuff, and he was out of practice. When he was satisfied, he pulled it off burner so it wouldn't overcook. He slid the chopped lobster under the broiler for just a minute, to take the chill off it. He cut a garlic clove in half, and rubbed it over the lobster scallops. A little garlic flavor was great, but tonight was not the night to overpower one another. The tail scallops went into a pan with melted butter, to warm up, and brown very lightly.

The plates were laid out on the counter. The minced lobster was spread out over about a third of the plate. The broiled Duchess potatoes were carefully transferred to the plates, then the carrots. Next the filets were laid on bed of minced lobster, and two tail cutlets placed on each filet. The Sauce Bearnaise was ladled over the cutlets and filets. Then the carrots were carefully spooned onto the plates. The strawberries were cleaned and in a glass bowl on the counter. That was for dessert. Another ceramic bowl was resting in a water bath on the stove top, gently melting the chocolate. By dessert time, the chocolate would be ready.

Karl had also purchased some ready-made coleslaw, and some fennel. He had grated a little of the fennel bulb, and mixed it into the slaw, then chopped the fennel top and sprinkled it over the slaw. He spooned that into two small bowls as a salad course.

The dinner plates went into the oven which had been turned off, to keep the food warm until Rhylee came back out. It seemed like that happened almost immediately. She had also changed from her jeans and t-shirt. Karl smiled.

Rhylee had put his shirt back on, and was wearing a simple floral skirt. Karl didn't even know she owned a skirt. Blue jeans and shorts were her uniform, depending on the season. She had left the sneakers behind, and was barefoot. He found that very erotic. But then, he was in such a mood that a suit of armor would have been erotic.

She gave Kayden a kiss, and laid him in the basket. She looked around again. She had never seen such a romantic place before. It was an odd combination of redneck and class. Candles and trailer park. She laughed with delight, and came over to Karl. She put her arms around her, and turned her face up to kiss and be kissed.

They did so, lightly, and without passion. It was a friendly, and affectionate greeting, between friends, but good friends. They hugged each other, and Karl got a shock. His hands found bra straps below his shirt. He looked at her, traced a bra strap across one of her shoulders and raised an eyebrow in a silent question.

"You said you liked unwrapping the present," Rhylee laughed, "so I thought I would add another layer of wrapping paper."

Karl was delighted. She was getting the idea. Seek to please your partner, and discover how much pleasure you get from it. She had pleased him, simply because she remembered what he said he liked.

He kissed her on the forehead, and escorted her to her seat. He picked up the rose blossom, and placed it in the small amount of cleavage she allowed to show. Then he turned and took the meal from the oven and placed one before her, and the other on his side of the table.