Kate and Tyler Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kate was floored.

"Wow. Sounds like you've got it all figured out." Most kids his age didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Tyler had a solid plan.

"Speaking of school and stuff," he paused. It was clear he was nervous about whatever he was getting ready to say. He was normally so sure of himself.

"I wanted to invite you to my open house," he finally looked her in the eyes. Kate almost came to a stop.

"Tyler," she said with regret. A pang of guilt hit her before his expression even changed. She was flattered he wanted her to be there. But there was no way in hell she could go with that many people there. How would they explain how they knew each other? If they told the truth, it would seem weird. Tyler friends with some random lady from the gym? It sounded crazy even to her still and she had had time to get used to the notion.

"Please?" he said with a look of pleading she had never seen. It pained her.

"You and I both know it would be too weird," she said softly.

"Just say you're one of my teachers at the career school. I go to Hinds in the afternoon. The only one who would know any better is Steven and he won't say shit," Tyler nodded toward his scrawny friend with the black, shaggy hair.

By how quickly he responded with the idea, Kate knew he had been thinking about this, knew she would probably say "no". Still, she lowered her eyes at him.

"One, who would believe that I'm teaching technical stuff like that? Two, you know too many people recognize me from working at Dr.Miller's."

Tyler grew quiet, but continued walking with her. She was surprised. Kate fully expected an argument to ensue.

"I'm sorry," she finally broke the silence.

"I know. Me too," he briefly looked up and smiled sadly at her.

"I appreciate you inviting me, though," she carefully brushed her fingers against the back of his hand, the same way he had done hers a month before, stealthily. Tyler quickly squeezed her fingers as they rounded a bend where no prying eyes could see them.

Two more weeks passed and it was graduation weekend. Tyler didn't push any more about her coming to his open house. Feelings of remorse plagued her every time she saw him, though she was set in her resolve. Kate could tell even he had to work his courage up to ask her in the first place. And she had shot him down. To his credit, he had tried to downplay it, act like he hadn't even asked at all, for the next two weeks. She wished he didn't feel the need to hide his feelings about it to save hers. Because it wasn't helping.

"Listen. I would go to your party tomorrow if I could. You know that, right?"

"Yah," Tyler nodded a little too quickly. Something about his body language was off. He either didn't want to talk about it any more, he was pissed at her, or he didn't believe her. Kate continued anyway.

"I did get you something, though. If you want, you can swing by the house this afternoon. No funny business...unless you want to," she smirked. She knew he had plans with his friends that night.

It was going to be strange not having his company on a Saturday night and the house was going to be too quiet with the kids gone. Tyler had come over at least one night, if not two, every weekend Kate's kids were at their dad's house.

"I don't mind quickies if you don't," he leaned his head down and lowered his voice. Kate wondered if he noticed the shudder pass through her. His deep voice got her every time.

"Stop by after I shower?"

"Give me like 40 minutes after we leave here. I'll never understand how guys can get ready so quickly! Message me when you're on your way over."

She invited Tyler inside her house an hour later. She was well past the point of caring what the neighbors thought of her bi-weekly visitor. Besides, their houses were far enough apart that they couldn't get a good look at him. And he was tall. They knew all of the shit that had happened between her and Dan. If anything, they should be happy she had a new "friend"...Even if he was a little on the young side.

It was just public places where her anxiety got the better of her. Just being seen together at the gym worried her. But it was the only time she got to see him most of the time.

"So, do I have to earn my present or do I just get it?" he teased.

"That, my friend, is entirely up to you," Kate smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

"How much time do you have," she kept her face close to his. He lifted his arm and turned his head just enough to glance at his watch.

"Hour and a half."

"More than enough time," Kate kissed him and didn't let go.

She quickly made sure all of the blinds were closed. Kate didnt particularly feel like giving the neighbors a free show. They stripped down in a frenzy in the middle of the living room. Tyler had just visited the night before, but you certainly couldn't tell by the way they were acting. Hands roamed and grasped greedily. This was how it almost always was between them behind closed doors. All inhibition and (most) self-consciousness was thrown to the wind.

It was always a mad dash at the beginning, unable to get enough of one another. Sometimes they slowed down after that, sometimes they fucked furiously all evening if they were particularly pent up and lusting after one another. Either way, it never got boring. Kate was more than happy to let him know how and where she wanted him when he asked...sometimes when he didn't.

That afternoon, she wanted him to take her from behind over the back of the couch. She briefly thought about making him take her right there on the floor in the middle of the living room, but figured the rug burn might be hard for him to explain away at his open house if he happened to wear shorts. Another time.

They moaned and groaned noisily for all of five minutes before going at it again in the same spot...and then the shower...and then the bed...and then the shower again because they hadn't meant to do it on the bed, but couldn't help themselves. There were some days their sexual appetites seemed to be endless. And today was one of those days. It was getting close to time that Tyler needed to leave, though.

"So, I'm guessing you're not mad at me?" Kate asked as they finally got dressed again downstairs. His head shot up.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Tyler paused, staring at her intently. She shrugged.

"You were acting kind of weird earlier."

"I didn't realize," he lied.

"It's ok. You just seemed...off a little. I dunno. Probably just imagining things," she gave a small smile and pulled her shirt on. Tyler was thankful she dropped the subject after that.

"Now, the whole reason you were supposed to be here," Kate gave him an evil grin before heading toward the small table next to the front door. She turned around with a boxy, uneven gift and handed it to Tyler.

"Happy graduation," she smiled again, looking excited as he unwrapped it. He couldn't help smiling too seeing the look on her face. His efforts produced a new tackle box. His smile reached his eyes.

"Look inside!" Kate insisted. He did as she asked and found even more goodies inside: several different types of jigs, lures, and fishing line.

"I love it. Thank you so much," he gave her an awkward one-armed hug, his other one full.

"I figured you'll probably get lots of money from your family. I thought I'd get you something fun," she shrugged. "I don't know anything about fishing, so I had to do some research," she laughed.

Tyler was touched by her thoughtful gift and the effort she had put into finding something he would like. Not many people would nowadays in the era where gift cards were king.

Kate could tell he was surprised by her gift, probably expecting something generic. She had learned he loved doing things outdoors, fishing and hunting especially, through their many talks. It seemed like the perfect gift, something he would actually use.

"I didn't know if you needed or wanted one, obviously, but I figured you could at least use the lures and line until your old box  craps out."

"No, I love it. I've been meaning to get a new one. I've had the same tackle box since I was 8," Tyler laughed and sat it down momentarily.

"Thank you again." He took her hands in his and kissed her a long moment.

"I'm glad you like it. One more thing before you go and please don't get mad at me for saying it."

"What's that?" he chuckled, wondering where this was going.

"Don't party too hard tonight. Graduations are a nightmare without being hungover, trust me. Be safe and if you need a ride home, call me. Won't do you any good being in jail for graduation either," Kate smirked to keep things light, but hoped he took her offer seriously. Tyler laughed.

"I won't and I will...but I promise you I won't get that crazy. I never do," he kissed her one last time, both just because and in hopes of reassuring her.

Tyler thought about what Kate had said about him seeming "off" on the short drive to his friend's house. He thought he had hidden it better. He wasn't mad at her. He was disappointed he couldn't talk her into coming to his open house, though he knew the chance was slim to begin with. It was one of the most important days of his life so far. And while they hadn't known each other long, they had become fast friends. The sex definitely helped with that bond too, whether either of them wanted to admit it. There was a lot of lust behind it, sure, but there was more than that and Tyler was aware enough to realize it.

He was also getting a little irritated that they had to be so sneaky. Or at least Kate thought so. He could understand her qualms, he really could. Him still being in school, him being half her age, and not wanting people to know about their relationship for those reasons. It still stung some, though. He couldn't help it. He really liked Kate. Tyler had no clue where things would go, but hoped she'd let him stick around for a while.

He let out an exasperated sigh and tried to clear his head before he got to Jake's.

Tyler just happened to see her as he glanced at the crowd as he walked off the stage, diploma in hand. It was hard to miss her beautiful red hair. He did a double take, unable to stop the huge grin that broke out on his face. She was already looking at him, of course, and winked. Tyler awkwardly fished his phone out of his pants from under the long gown when he returned to his seat.

"What are you doing here?" he texted her. He watched her as she replied...and secretly hoped his family wasn't still watching him. There would be lots of questions to answer later if they were.

"Couldn't miss your entire big day. :) I convinced Dan to keep the kids later."

Tyler was wordless for a moment, surprised she would trade extra time with her kids just to come to his graduation. It meant a lot to him. The past 24 hours were making him realize how much she cared about him. It always felt good knowing feelings were mutual.

"I hope this makes up some for not going to your party later. Speaking of which, how was your party last night?" Kate added before he could think of what to reply.

"You didn't have to, but I'm always happy to see you. :) And ugh. Party wasn't all that great."

He chose not to expand further and hoped she wouldn't ask. Charlotte, a girl in his class that had happened to have the hots for him for months, had already had too much to drink by 7pm. She had been hanging all over him all evening, or at least trying to. His friends thought they were doing him a favor by inviting her since Tyler had been going through a dry spell, or so they thought.

It was finally Steven who had saved him, pulling her off of him one final time around 8:30 or so, and guiding her over to the big oak tree to sit down and chill the fuck out. Tyler had no idea what he had said to her, but Charlotte finally left him alone after that...and passed out under the tree a short time later. Tyler ended up leaving an hour later, no longer in the mood to hang out and drink beer.

"I'm sorry. Glad you got home safe, though. :)"

"Uh oh. My aunt is glaring at me. Thanks again for coming. Made my day. :)"

"You're welcome. :) I'll probably slip out soon. See you tomorrow."

Part 6

Graduation night seemed to have marked the shift in Kate and Tyler's relationship, though if anyone had asked, neither of them would have been able to define it in any easy terms still. Since Tyler had always been a good kid, staying out of trouble, not getting into wrecks, or staying out late partying, his aunt had decided he could stay out all night if he wanted now that he was out of school. But, since he was still living under her roof, it was only fair that he at least check-in and let her know if he was going to be gone overnight. Tyler thought that was more than fair. Common courtesy, really.

He debated whether to tell Kate the next day or wait and surprise her the next weekend they had together. He opted for the latter, though it had been harder than hell to keep his mouth shut for that long.

"Shit! Tyler, it's after midnight!" she exclaimed, noticing the time on her alarm clock after they got out of the shower together. It had become one of their favorite things to do, whether they ended up having sex in there or not.

"So?" he fought hard to keep the evil grin off his face, play it cool.

"So you have to go home!" the look of worry on her face was priceless, even though he felt a bit guilty for tricking her.

"Why? You don't want me to stay longer?" he could feel his lips quivering ever so slightly, about to give himself away.

"Tyler, what in the fuck are you talking about?!"

He couldn't keep the laugh in any longer.

"Baby, I can stay out as late as I want now," he held her face in her hands. It took a moment for his words to sink in. And when they did, she pulled away from him abruptly.

"You son of a bitch! When were you going to tell me?!" Kate slapped his bare chest, but he could see she was fighting a smile too.

"Now-ish...Don't be mad. I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Ugh! Tyler, I thought you were going to get in trouble! Jesus..."

He secretly loved that she was so concerned about him.

"I know. I'm sorry," he put his hands on her waist and looked her in the eyes. There was still some fire left in her emerald orbs.

"Now that you know I'm not, though..." he hoped she would be just as excited he could stay until whenever he wanted as he was.

"Yes, now that I know that, of course I want you to stay," Kate kissed him slowly on the lips, the last traces of anger leaving her face. She suddenly wanted him to lay her down on the bed and make love to her. She never called it what it was in her head, though. Oh no. She didn't dare utter that word even to herself when it came to Tyler, unless it referred to something she liked about him. Like how she loved his big, brown eyes or loved how sweet he was or even how she loved watching him when he came inside of her. Anything else was off-limits. Kate simply referred to their love making as "slow sex" or "nice fucking", depending on whether she was saying it out loud to him or just to herself in her head.

Tyler must have been reading her mind again. He seemed to have an increasing knack for that. After several minutes of kissing, their hands started to wander. Feet shuffled slowly over to the bed and they sat when their legs hit the edge of it.

They weren't hurried, no longer worried about time constraints. Besides, they had already rushed through things several times that night.

Tyler rubbed her thigh inside of her towel as he kissed along her neck, one of his favorite parts of her. Kate tenderly rubbed his chest, one of her favorite parts of his body. Eventually, he laid her gently back on the bed, removing her towel slowly before taking care of his own. He kissed up and down her body as Kate's thin fingers played lightly along his neck, shoulders, and back as he made his journey across her sweet skin with his mouth.

Tyler made his way back to her neck, paying attention to her jaw and ear, as one hand slid down and rested between her thighs. He didn't know because she hadn't told him, but when he kissed her neck like that it caused a weird tingling, tickling sensation up into her jaw and cheek. Not even Dan had ever done that to her. And they had been together well over a decade. Back arching, a small sigh escaped as two of his fingers moved intentionally around and just inside of her opening. Kate knew talking wasn't necessary this time. Instead, she quietly moaned her approval at Tyler's touch.

He continued kissing her neck as his fingers danced at her labia. Unlike most young men who were just concerned with their own wants and needs being met, Tyler paid attention to what Kate seemed to like. He was learning quickly that her neck seemed to be one of her "sweet spots". He enjoyed feeling her heart rate increase beneath his lips and hearing the unique moans it elicited as it was now.

Kate gently pulled his hand away and took it into hers when she was ready. That was another thing he was learning about her. She wasn't afraid to let him know in some way when she was ready for him or was through with foreplay. Tyler didn't see it as her being bossy or overbearing. He liked that she knew what she wanted and he didn't have to play a guessing game each time.

It almost slipped when the kissing stopped and he looked in her eyes. "Make love to me," part of her brain screamed, but the other part yelled back "Don't say it!" louder. Instead, she stroked the side of his smooth face, staring at him a moment before kissing him.

Tyler wondered, as he often did, what was going on in Kate's head. Something was swimming behind her eyes that he couldn't identify. Maybe some emotion he wasn't familiar with. Although she had definitely been opening up to him more as the weeks passed, he knew intuitively there were a lot of things that remained unspoken between them. He knew better than to dwell on it, though. It would likely only cause her to clam up again if he brought it up.

He couldn't hold it against her, though. There were plenty of things he wanted to say to her too that he didn't. Whether it was things he was afraid to admit out loud, things he worried she would react negatively to, or both, Tyler was just as guilty of keeping his thoughts hidden as she was.

They were intent on each other as he entered her slowly. Kate moaned and rose her hips up to meet his. She struggled keeping her eyes on his for the moment. His rhythm was lazy and his kisses achingly sweet on her lips. After a while, she wrapped her legs around Tyler, not wanting any space between them. Without her asking, he lowered his upper body closer to hers too. She loved how responsive he was to her movements. He "got the hint" a lot better than Dan ever had. They had fallen into a routine. They hardly ever tried anything new or even slightly different. It wasn't for Kate's lack of trying. But usually Dan just wanted to get it over with, take, take, take. She couldn't understand how he had gotten such a young girl interested in him in the first place if he was that bland in bed. That was part of what had bothered her the most about their divorce. Did he find her that sexually unappealing?

Kate's hands roamed between that hair that she loved and Tyler's muscular back as he made "nice sex" to her. Occasionally, he would break away from her mouth and kiss along her jaw, nibbling on her earlobe. It was something she liked to do to him too. She couldn't help tightening around him each time. Soft moans escaped from her partner when she did, just encouraging her.

Kate and Tyler stayed wrapped up in each other a long time. Not having to worry about the time was oddly freeing. At last, though, they couldn't hold back any longer. For once, it was Tyler who couldn't restrain himself anymore. Usually, Kate came first and sent him over the edge, but that night it was reversed.