All Comments on 'Kate's Date'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 220 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Almost...

I LIKED IT TILL THE END WHEN IT VEERED OFF INTO STUPIDITY.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Surprisingly not a BTB story

More like a karma story. Bad karma. No mention of lover boy's family? What about life insurance? What about blood alcohol content? Was he drunk? A little more information would have made for a more interesting story. Strangely, this read like a grocery list. High school sweethearts, married, jobs, 2 kids, empty nest and then "sudden slut syndrome" strikes. Death solves that problem and then nothing. Huh?

3 stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

He saved money on the divorce and maybe got some insurance money. That's a win everytime. Thank you saddletramp!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Solid story

Ron was right in not telling the kids Kate died because she went out to cheat on him.

I think Ron should have told their parents the whole story of what led to Kate’s death.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

It would've been more interesting to read about the aftermath of her date, when he refused point blank to take her back.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 4 years ago

Jesus Christ what is it about this Sunday morning? Every single loving wife stories and pile of vile shit.

Why does his husband go to the hospital to see the wife? Who cares if she's close to death? The wife developed a emotion and psychological connection to another man

Even worse the wife accepted these so called reasoning that the other man was using as to why the husband what Allow his state to take Place .

Die bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I have a date with another man

This pronounment, by a previously faithful wife while alluringly dressed for a night of dancing and seduction, to an unsuspecting husband who has just arrived home from work looking forward to a nice evening with his spouse of many years is the origin of many great LW stories. Like stories based on a strange car in the driveway, they form a special collection in the LW universe and are a favorite of many long time readers.

Saddletramp has given us a fine additon to the group. Although the consequences of the date are never pleasant for the wife (one received a shotgun blast and recuperated from it while in prison), to my memory this is the first in which she failed to survive her night of passion. For such an argument to be the last words ever spoken between husband and wife would be a painful parting indeed.

Thank you, Saddletramp. Well done.

5*****

taylorsamtaylorsamalmost 4 years ago

Short and to the point. I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That was trampy at the best..,

How long are u cliched authors going to flog the dead horse...how many hve used the ‘ it will be only this one time and after this I will be back with you’ plot...give us a break..stop writing if you can’t come up with something original...and ur crazy obsession of killing the cheater needs to be examined by a pchyiatrist...

U are a cop out...rather then write a meaningful story u find it easier to kill the cheater so there is no need for any further work from ur side!!!

A zero is my score!! U are getting jaded tramp!

Dunny69Dunny69almost 4 years ago
Unresolved

Great author but I dont like these unresolved stories. I like justice and consequences where the victim has his moment and the cheater gets to realise what they lost. Death robs us all from a satisfactory ending.

York1234York1234almost 4 years ago
Saving money

At the end he got lucky as he saved the money for the divorce

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Peculiar ending

But I liked the story even though it was very predictable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

some of us have lived a very similar part of our lives..

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Good story. Sad story, too. Getting the "But if I tell you in advance, it's not really cheating" is a really cruel act, because it messes you up for a very long time, if not forever.

But Ron never got closure, which is even worse.

Buck1974Buck1974almost 4 years ago
Yet again

Fantastic story from you short and simple yet enjoyable.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
WTF

I know you authors like to just do a quickie story now and then to just have to little fun but come on man. You build the story up great with the argument and her leaving with the guy and then BAM!! They're both dead and your story dies with them. A 4 or 5* story went to a 2* and that's generous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just

another sad story about the consequences of a bad decision. No BTB or RAAC in this story, thankfully, just the ending of a marriage and a new beginning. Thanks, Saddletramp for this moral lesson. Four ⭐️ stars.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Now that is payback for the queen of sluts

Good story but I think he should have told the family the truth.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 4 years ago
Thanks ST

I always enjoy the “I’m going on a date” type stories. ST’s version is top notch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Almost there

It was almost there for me. I like it better when the family knows the truth and cheating wife is aware but dying while husband tells her to burn in hell and doesn't forgive her. In fact he should say “thanks for saving me the cost of a divorce” and “i will use the life insurance money to buy that boat you never wanted me to have so i can dump your ashes in the lake. Damed if your going to be buried beside me”.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Well done.

Not sure about the ending but it was somewhat different. I'm torn as to how I would handle a situation like that. I am sure I would not go quietly into the night.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I've read this before.....

This seems like something I've read before, almost word for word......

lbentonlbentonalmost 4 years ago

great story good read.

and it happens in real life too. i know it happened to me.

NO SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yawn

I swear this exact story, dialogue and all has been posted here a dozen times in the past year alone. These wife fucks over her husband stories are just so lame. If you get fucked over in real life by your wife, apparently you only have two options, start writing stories about how perfect husbands never do wrong and it’s all the wives fault, or spend all of your time posting negative comments on stories where the wives AND husbands are actually having fun. Nothing spells loser quite like those two things.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Good read

Enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

One cheating whore down and many more to go. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Very good story.

It's always hard to comprehend how a sensible woman could think she could get away and the marriage would remain. Even without divorce, it would never have been the same. I liked the way he kept the truth to himself. I doubt I would have that strength. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

A little too formulaic for my tastes. Plus I’ve never liked stories where one or both adulterers end up dead.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Did you find this erotic?

If so, seek mental help because you are a weird fucker.

premshankerpremshankeralmost 4 years ago

Sweet and sour.

Not clear why "suddenly" Kate jumped for one night 'fling'

I am sure death with "penis" in mouth is an unique phenomenon.

We heard "born with Silver spoon in mouth", but death with "Penis" in oral orifice amazing !!!

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
Started but fizzled out

Killed in an accident. Boom , started the story and ended it. Nothing really there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Weak

This is a plot that I’ve always enjoyed, but this is weak. No real interaction between the characters no conflict. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Why would he even care what the ghost of his ex-wife thought? Hopefully her remains were cremated and he flushed her down the toilet.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
he should have warned his kids

it was okay not to tell her parents that she was a cheating slut but tell your kids the truth.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 4 years ago
Not up to your usual capabilities ....

Ok, but not up to what you've written .. seems like you were bored and wanted a quick thing to pass the time.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago

5 stars

Not the best but very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

this was very original.

Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Same old, same old...

This plot has been used so many times you'd think that experienced writers would avoid it. It's actually a combination of two or three standard plots which makes it two or three times as trite. 2* Please spare us, the poor audience!

NsfwavengerNsfwavengeralmost 4 years ago
Not enough

Loving wives stories require plot and character development to fully explore the emotional impact of the cheating. There really isn’t a point to a LW story that’s only one page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
good short story...

...5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHOOPS

She made her bed, she got hers. Proved she was a whore by what they found in her mouth!! Didn't even spit it out...

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago

Wow, when she said it was going to be One And Done - she really meant it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bullshit and boring.

Copy paste a hundred times between authors.

You guys correspond to see what shit one can post, to insult people the most with a duller than ditch water dogshow?

Wish there was lower than one star for this. Insulting yourself with this level of writing and content.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Nope, I wouldnt have paid a fucking dime for funeral, or claimed her body - everyone elses peice of mind isnt worth the nearly 20 grand funerals cost theses days

I'd have also sued the shit out of her lovers estate

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 4 years ago
I liked it!

I intended to make a remark about some of the commenters, but my Dad taught me, "If you can't say something good ..." Thank you for a very enjoyable story.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 4 years ago

His wife has returned as a ghost; possibly a side-effect of the Martian Slut Ray. When a faithful wife of 22 years unilaterally decides that dating other men should be fine with her husband, you know there was a MSR involved.

Nice use of the automobile crash blow job amputation for the cheating couple, you can never go wrong with copying John Irving (World According to Garp) or Neil Gaiman (American Gods). Make sure to remember, distracted driving kills. Pull over and park if you can't wait until you get home to get off!

Rocky62Rocky62almost 4 years ago

Well no chance for BTB or reconciliation here i guess. As an aside, doesn’t Walmart have a no fraternization policy??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A fatal accident. Gee, how convenient ... and stupid

And lazy and trite lame and -- despite at least one comment about it being original -- used far too often.

<P>

Rather than having to have do the work of either of them dealing with the consequence, you kill her. Easy, quick, and lame.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Another top line Saddletramp story. Love your work

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Liked it

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

better than your last story, but character and plot development could use some fleshing out.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374almost 4 years ago
Oh my Gosh!

Good story. Certainly a five, but!!!

You killed her off. It's like you dropped a skillet on my foot at just the moment when I thought we'd get into it. Still enjoyed though.

A couple comments read the old told and retold line. Yeah the old infidelity thing has been around the block a few times. They're like the old westerns on TV and in the movies. I still watch the old westerns too.

Keep writing. I'll keep reading.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi/FirstBorn374

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I had to struggle to give this 3 stars.

The original idea is idiotic. A woman is going to give up her marriage for 1 night? Never happen. The rest was all cliche ridden and formulaic.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

My extension/interpretation of the LW definition is that it is about the consequences of a wife’s adventurous behavior on the martial relationship. In this tale, that consists of an aural ‘mirage’ or one brief supernatural comment. Not enough for a full count, but a cute story ... except for an author’s executive decision to terminally punish incipient adultery. I consider that to be an excessive penalty, so this otherwise delightful story gets a 4 star rating. I especially appreciate Hubby’s quick recognition that she cheated on him by spending intimate time with Bull, then planning their tryst. Further, she declined to share Hubby’s repeated requests for a rationale behind Sweetie’s attitude shift.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 4 years ago

I don't understand the comments about it being incomplete. Both cheaters are dead. It doesn't get more complete or BTB than that.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of magical endings. They may as well have been struck by lightning. Ron wanted his marriage over and it is, no muss, no fuss.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

Funniest line I've read in a long time: "A piece of his penis was found lodged in her mouth when they pulled her from the wreckage."

Ha ha ha ha ha.

So that was the only thing that separated this from about 300 identical stories.

This was like a joke with a 20-minute setup. Great punch line, but not worth the wait.

KB

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

They were both virgins, when she had this "bright" idea, why didn't she suggest that her husband also find someone to hook up with?

BTW, on her first "real" date, she's giving a blow job while he's driving? Somehow, I think they've been doing more than just having "lunch!"

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
STORIES ON ACID AND HORNY

like a spirit could/would give a blessing. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

you should have pissed on her in the hospital

iameaseliameaselalmost 4 years ago

A by the numbers "Its just one date" story.

The wives are exactly the same...super entitled, dumb as a Trump voter bitches

The husbands are the sweetest, nicest guys...blah, blah, blah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Out of ideas

Saddle Tramp has evidently run out of ideas. This story is stale right out of the box. Even the story form (irrelevant backstory) and the narrative voice (first person, swaggering) are stale. The ending is hackneyed and trite. Sad, because this guy used to be able to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I am sorry but this has been done to death. Road head death as revenge? Really. How many times has this been done. Not to mention the husband confrontation by the spouse with her new face buddy proclaiming it isn't cheating.

I have no idea who came up with this ridiculous model but it is literally tired. Honestly if this were real life I would just laugh. There is no realism in this scenario. Yeah chesters find reasons to justify their behavior but this story? Its preposterous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Piece of His Penis!

Great story. No need to BTB, the car wreck did it for him. Now, that was a blowjob to die for! :) My wife swallowed hard when she visualized that.

My wife and I just howled with laughter when we read the following, "It was pretty obvious what was going on when the accident happened. A piece of his penis was found lodged in her mouth when they pulled her from the wreckage."

My wife is swearing off blow jobs in their cars, when she goes out on dates with her various boyfriends. She's given plenty of them, all the way to completion, but those days are over!

Nice story!

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

OK I guess, just don’t find stories where death is the solution unrewarding. That’s just me, I do make an exception the real monsters who deserve it but death for cheating to me is over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How convenient!

I'd rather pay for a funeral than a divorce any day. Must not have been much of a marriage anyway. What kind of woman does that to a husband and family she cherishes and respects? The kind of woman who doesn't, and has probably done this before. He's a fool if he doesn't get DNA tests for his supposed children.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really? Politics?

Dear IAMAWEASEL, get a life. Then write something worthwhile before you criticize someone else's work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Adequate

Mediocre at best. But still not a cuckold story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hey iameasel sorry you seem confused...

iameasel you miss took hard working Trump voting women for the self involved utterly self center uber shits like AOC and most of the Antifa c*nts (both male and female). But then again, you are clearly a lib so you probably wont understand this correction anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Decent story but...

SO FAR below your excellent standard of writing. Best word to describe this story is "MEH!"

7daysuntil7daysuntilalmost 4 years ago
Great story!

The wife deserved what she got. At least the husband didn't need a lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Didn't care for it

Didn't care for author taking the easy way out and having her killed off. However, doing it that way was better than her living and needing or having him forced into taking care of her during her recovery and the story turning into a RAAC.

Bu still, 2 stars

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 4 years ago
A hit and run story

Even though I still enjoy this over used plot line, you just can't make a story like this short. Well...You can but it will suck. You need time to develop the characters. There had to be something else going on here that led to this point in the marriage. And there's no info on the snake in the grass. As usual, you write very well and I enjoy most of your stories but what caused you to rush this one?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LMFAO!!!!!

I'd be pissing on the whores grave every day.

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago
ST, it might have been short and sweet

but I liked it nonetheless.

No dithering about taking her back; no self-doubt beyond the obvious "what could I have done?" when she already told you it was about someone else, not you.

And for those who consider the "it's-just-one-date" trope to be overused, I came close to using it myself in real life--and it probably would have ended my marriage to a wonderful woman. Tropes are effective because they are closer to reality than many alternatives--and while we all recognize a story teller's right to be creative, why can't we recognize his right to be judicious with his creativity? If there's no need for a parallel universe, why create one? Hence the trope.

I get it, you're bored. Not ST's fault. Just like I was bored with a wonderful woman. I'm just glad that the woman I found more exciting was really just as boring with her 4 kids as my wife was with our 3. Fortunately I realized that in time to recommit to monogamy, though I sure found a counselor helpful.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Classy move by the husband.

The husband did well by keeping the truth from her parents regarding the circumstances surrounding their daughters death.

The situation for her parents was difficult enough. Nothing to gain revealing it to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"We dated all through high school, and celebrated our 18th birthdays by surrendering our virginity to each other."

They had the same birthday?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a pointless story

I feel like the author quit on this halfway through, and I kind of wish I did the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
karma is a bitch

good riddance whore

maddictmaddictover 3 years ago

The best of the possible outcomes.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Good story but hated the ending

Fuck what that skank wants or would have wanted. He dodged a bullet and got to keep all his possessions. She didn’t dodge the truck. Instant karma.

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

I am certain I read this plot before I on Literotica. Even the accident involving wifey and lover seemed familiar, but the piece of cock in her mouth is original. Life goes on dada dada dada. Then the late wife whispers in his ear, different but not super satisfying. I will continue to read your stories as they have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Feel sorry for him

I feel sorry for him he lost his wife twice in one night, one because of her selfishness and the other more lasting long term. Sad she wasn't who he thought she was, but the signs should have been there and he should seen them.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
Too dark

I only gave this story 2* for a few reasons; it was too dark and it was too short.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Deserve

I think she deserved to die.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Called kids before she left and told them why getting divorced and then gave her phone.

2 calls I know.

That is why "no"

Already emotionally cheating with all those lunches etc

jtwheels

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Karma Works Overtime

and pre-empts the main event. The poor bitch didn't even get her bones rattled; she just gave a quick lick, then BAM!! Oh well, fidelity and trust were gone when she unilaterally switched partners for Date Nite.

ST56, I liked the story although I found nothing new. Thanks for the effort and the clean writing for easy reading.

Keep 'em comiin'.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
So

Has anyone written one of these stories where the husband says "You might as well go out and fuck him. Either way I'm divorcing your ass."?

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
Schwanze1

I keep looking for a story like you suggested. Some come close, just not like "..go ahead, either way we're getting divorced.....". Maybe an author will see the comments and write something. One can only hope. Good comment.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Would

Would have liked his wife to survive but be confined to a wheel chair for life,so she can reflect on her cheating.Also wheel chair or not ,he should still divorce her.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Yep

I agree with nitpick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Damn. That was like dousing kindling with gasoline for a huge bonfire and standing there with a lit match. Just then a breeze blows it out.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I read it again...

...and I still like it a lot! I guess we chalk this up to a midlife crisis? I suppose it happens a lot, but the cheaters just keep it under wraps and don't tell the spouse. I can only image the pain and regret she feels at the very end.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Convenient Karma. Hope he got some major insurance money!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

As someone else said, she had no consideration that HE hadn't been with any other women either, so why no suggestion that he do the same thing.

/

Also, why do the women always listen to the pussyhound? "He told me that if you really love me, you'd let me do this just once. He said that you wouldn't jeopardize 20 years over a single date." "HE told me...HE said." Let's see, the guy who wants to get in your pants says one thing, your HUSBAND of 20 years says the opposite, and you're going to listen to PH? Not to mention the "If you loved me, you'd let me" crap! How about if SHE loved HIM, she wouldn't WANT to do it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4*

Only thing i can see to make this better is if she was able to speak somehow or prolonged her suffering for a few more days so she gets to see the aftermath and can see that he won't ever forgive her

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wimp

hey wimp you let her off the hook why, and wimp you let yourself hook .

mletroutmletroutover 3 years ago
I like the “It’s just one date.” cliché a lot; it’s my favorite cheating wife trope.

But I have to admit I’ve only started reading these types of stories recently, so maybe I simply haven’t been overexposed to the one-and-done theme yet.

Anyway, I don’t want to be a killjoy, but I rather hoped the wife would end up a quadriplegic, sitting in her wheelchair, tended by a nurse hired after a multi-million dollar settlement with the trucking company, and helplessly watching as her husband dresses for dinner and dancing with another woman. He tells her, “It’s not going to be just one date, dear.”

Or maybe that’s too cruel? I’m still getting a feel for the genre.

Thanks for the story. I enjoyed it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"I just don't think I'll ever meet anyone like your mother." - Good, I hope not!

/

One thing I don't think I've ever seen in any of these "going on a date" stories is the husband ripping the dress off of the wife and/or meeting Lover Boy in the driveway with a tire iron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with last comment. Then kicked her out as she had already committed emotional and mental cheating

Why so many protagonists not willing to tell people the truth.

Cheater

jtwheels

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...