Katherine's Friend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you coming to breakfast, too?" Lyonesse asked."

"Yes and no," Kat answered for him.

"That's right. I'm going on ahead. There'll be a short interview for you both before the meal. I'll be coordinating that. try to enjoy yourselves," Martin finished stiffly, before dashing off.

"They really are going to micromanage this entire thing, aren't they," Lyonesse asked, a tinge of annoyance in her voice.

"Down to the fucking minute," Kat sighed. "Come on, Lyonesse. The world is waiting."

With that, the women proceeded to the car, a white, magnificent, Rolls Royce Phantom. Inside, they sat on incredibly comfortable, beige, seats and talked to each other as their driver, an old gentleman named Winston Peters drove the car for fifteen minutes. The divider was up, so that Peters could hear nothing, and Lyonesse felt this was as good a time as any to ask something she'd always wanted to know."

"Kat? Could you tell me something? Why did you audition for Arrow?"

"Well," she replied softly, closing her eyes and thinking back., "they told me I had a part in the show, a connection to some of the characters. I didn't necessarily follow the show myself, but I knew it because of Shadowhunters. And I got there and felt the weight of the fandom. They really love the stories and want them done well. And I felt like ''challenge accepted'" she said with a crafty smile.

"Well, you haven't let us down," Lyonesse assured her."

"I'm glad to hear that, Lyonesse, but I can't take all the credit. The cast and crew are such a family: patient, supportive...eager to show you the ropes. Do you mind if I ask what you do, Lyonesse?"

"I work in administration," the blonde replied at once. "The hours are no picnic, and some of the people can go right on and fuck themselves, but it's a decent living."

"That's great," Kat said admirably. All at once, the Phantom stopped.

They're not showing off at all, are they? thought Lyonesse, as she gazed at the building.

It was massive, and had that opulent look one usually saw in the best of five star hotels. She could attest to that, having just come from one. Every bit of the building was designed to take your breath away. A plush, wide, red, carpet led to enormous glass doors with brass handles that looked like silver foxgloves. Each pane was bordered by golden, intricately drawn, patterns of holly leaves, berries, and vines. A long, royal blue, awning bore the restaurant's name. She moved past the valet, who gave her an incredulous look, and into the vestibule, ignoring the instinct to see how much money she had in her purse. An impulse to feel self conscious moved through Lyonesse as the sheer magnitude of the building became apparent, but she chose to ignore that too.

"Okay, this is just ridiculous," said Lyonesse out loud as Vivaldi's Four Seasons filled her ears. The entire space was richly carpeted, and a luxuriant, velvet couch sat at either end. Behind these were small waterfalls that slowly fed koi ponds full of radiant fish and beautiful surroundings. A small chandelier hung overhead, and tried to mimic the subdued beauty of candlelight.

"They certainly picked a showstopper. I'll give them that," Kat said, looking the place over. Being far more used to places like this, she was impressed, of course, but not nearly as much. A reedy, British, gentleman with keen eyes and salt and pepper hair, in a somber, black, suit, appeared at their side.

"This way, ladies, if I may." And he led them toward a wide, round, table in the center of the dining area, covered in an eggshell white tablecloth and a decorative centerpiece.

Stepping into the restaurant proper, the women beheld a marvelous fountain, and glass ceilings. Elegant tables stretched as far as her eyes could see, but, as one might expect, every one of them was empty. When the pair reached their table and were seated on wonderfully crafted rosewood chairs, Martin appeared with his crew in tow. Their equipment, Lyonesse saw, was already in place.

"Lyonesse, I think we should begin with you."

The interview began awkwardly to be sure, but within a few minutes, the Aussie woman was progressing fairly well. When Kat's turn came, Lyonesse was touched to see her intentionally flub a few small parts so as not to make Lyonesse look bad by comparison. When the footage was in the can, as the saying went, a silver tray was carried out and placed between them. Eight jam tarts sat on this, each one on a snowflake-shaped doily. All were elegantly frosted with confectioner's sugar.

Eagerly, Kat snatched up the nearest tart.

"You have to love an early cheat day."

"What do they usually have you eating?" queried Lyonesse.

"Boiled chicken, steamed vegetables, and brown rice. All of it with no fucking flavor to speak of. Now this is delicious," she said, taking another dainty bite. "I rarely get to dig into stuff like this."

"I wish you could enjoy yourself more often," Lyonesse said, biting in and savoring the raspberry jam.

"Me too," Kat chuckled. "But I've got to stay in fighting shape. No one's gonna pay to see me naked if I'm three hundred pounds and stuck in a bathtub."

"I'm sure someone would," Lyonesse laughed heartily. "A friend of mine says some women that size have vibrant careers on Pornhub."

"You do one centerfold," Kat giggled, patting her lips with a silk napkin, "and people are already trying to get you to switch to video."

"That's not what I said!" chortled Lyonesse, who was laughing so hard she nearly buried her elbow in raspberry jam.

The banter continued as a traditional Australian breakfast was served, or a rather fancy version of one. There were two eggs on each porcelain plate, sunny side up, spangled with bits of saffron and tarragon. Beside these were organic baked beans in an herb sauce, and in front of them, prosciutto and apple sausages. A thick slice of seasoned heirloom tomato completed the dish, and the pair ate well, though Lyonesse had much to say about it.

By the end of the meal, one would have thought Lyonesse and Kat were the oldest of friends. They joked with each other as Martin whisked them to the opera house, the beach, the bridge, the cafe, and everywhere in between. By the time the sun dipped low, and shadows began to lengthen, Lyonesse had absorbed Kat's entire life story. For her part, Kat knew all there was to know about Lyonesse, and the more she knew, the more she wanted to know.

When most people met Kat, they asked her about the shows she was in. What her co-stars were like, and who was in a relationship with who. Often, though she despised the office vehemently, she would end up fielding questions about how much of a bitch Emeraude was. Or else she would have to explain what Caity Lotz was really like. Lyonesse, however, hadn't asked her anything like that once. What Lyonesse had wanted to know about was Kat, and the star appreciated it to no end. The date had been scripted to the minute, just as the Aussie had predicted, but somehow, Kat had enjoyed every one of those minutes.

For her part, Lyonesse was dreading the end of dinner and the moment she would have to bid Kat farewell She was seated at a truly extravagant table, slowly slipping a glass of red wine. Across from her, Kat seemed to be thinking the same thing, but she kept up a smile and offered Lyonesse some desert.

"Help me get rid of the temptation," she chuckled. Just then, an unusually tall gentleman came into the room, addressing Lyonesse quietly and politely.

"Good evening," he began, with a strong Australian accent. "I apologize for interrupting."

"No problem at all," she lied, hoping she sounded genial, and the gentleman eased his hands behind him.

"I've been asked to tell you that the restaurant is only open for you, miss, and it's time for the staff to head on home. We won't rush you. It's been a pleasure to be of service, after all, but please just keep that in mind." So saying, the man made a handsome bow, turned, and left the women alone.

"I've really enjoyed this, Lyonesse. I want you to know that." Kat intoned quietly. "This is probably the best date I've ever had.

"I feel the same way, Kat. You're awesome, and I appreciate you. If you come back to Australia ever, feel free to visit."

"That's a promise," Kat replied, trying to keep her emotions in check as Martin rushed over, addressing Lyonesse in a hurried, panting, voice.

"We've only paid for your room through the next two hours, Lyonesse. You need to hurry and check out before you're charged for another night."

"Kat! We can't fuck around rhis time!" Matt groaned, exasperated. "The plane leaves in four hours. We can't stay here longer than that."

Lyonesse and Kat had parted an hour ago, and the celebrity was on the phone with Playboy's rented office in Australia.

"I told you people I'm not going. Not yet."

"Kat, the plane isn't going to wait for you. You need to pack up and get over here. Now!"

"I'll come when I'm good and goddamned ready! I've done everything you people asked me to: pose naked, take pictures, do promotions...all of it. Now I'm going to do what the fuck I want. I've never been here before, and I'm staying!"

"Kat, listen to...hello?" But the line was dead. "Fuck!" Matt shouted, slamming his fist into the table. A few miles away, Kat slipped into her SUV and headed for The Sydney Hotel.

Once inside, Kat moved directly to the receptionist's desk. Mercifully, the lobby was almost entirely empty. The portly lady behind the desk recognized her at once and eagerly extended her hand.

"Kat! I saw you at the opera house on TV. I'm so happy to see you. I'm a huge fan."

"Thank you," Kat replied politely, firmly shaking the offered hand. "Maybe you could help me with something."

"Help you?" the woman cried disbelievingly. "Sure. Certainly. Anything you need."

"Thank you very much. Do you remember my date?"

"Yes. Lyonesse's very sexy. She checked out of her room some time ago, though."

"Yes, I know. I want to know if she left a forwarding address or if you have her number or something."

"You won't need any of that," the woman replied, a hint of jealousy in her voice. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Lyonesse booked another room."

"She did what?" Kat asked, clearly amazed. "She lives around here somewhere. Why would she do that?"

"Maybe she was hoping someone would come looking for her," the woman replied slyly. "Room 410, but you didn't hear that from me." Sneakily, she slipped Kat a copy of the keycard.

"Thank you so much," Kat returned, quickly taking up the nearby notepad and autographing it. When she handed it back, the woman was ecstatic. Her grateful words rang in Kat's ears as she dashed to the elevator banks. Moments later, she was on the fourth floor.

Quiet as a mime, Kat slipped in, intending to tap Lyonesse on the shoulder and surprise her. But quiet breathing greeted her ears at once, and by the dim light of the desk lamp, she could see a great lump in the bed. It was Lyonesse, naked except for a pair of boy shorts, and sleeping peacefully under the thick, warm, covers. With a mischievous smile, she pulled off her dress and bra, folding them neatly in one of the rosewood chairs in the corner.

"This'll be the surprise of a lifetime," Kat whispered softly, snickering to herself. And carefully, gently as possible, she slid into bed beside Lyonesse.

Lyonesse shifted under the covers, yawning as the first shafts of sunlight dipped swiftly through the window curtains. She stretched like a lion in the savanna, but when her arms met resistance, she looked about quizzically. And then when she saw the thin lump and heard the faint breathing. Panic shot up her spine like ice water.

"Who are you!" she roared at once, trying to seem intimidating, but when firm breasts came into view, Lyonesse's face registered stock. "Kat? Goddess, you scared me half to death, woman! What on Earth are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry," Kat yawned sleepily. "I couldn't resist. I came back here to find you cause I enjoyed you so much. Besides, you promised me an unscripted date, and it's time to pay up." And as the shock started to die down, Kat pulled herself on her elbow and gave Lyonesse a sweet peck on the cheek.

"Alright, then," Lyonesse replied, slowly smiling happily. "Let's get dressed, and I'll show you one of my favorite breakfast spots."

So saying, Lyonesse stood up and pulled off her shorts, revealing her smooth, pink, pussy. Kat stared and blushed a little.

"I'm still a little sleepy," Kat mumbled quickly. "I'll wait till you're done."

"Okay, then," Lyonesse nodded, assuming her bedmate was a little shy. She toddled off to the bathroom. When she returned, wrapped in a terry cloth robe, Kat shot by her, returning in a bra and panties.

When both women were dressed, Lyonesse herself got behind the wheel of Kat's SUV. With the woman she loved and admired most at her side, she left The Sydney for a place she had been to many times before. It was familiar and comforting, and yet just fancy enough to be a wonderful place for a date. Pancakes on the Rocks, it was called, and when they arrived, Lyonesse took control.

"Let me order for both of us, Kat. I want to surprise you, okay? There's a meal I always get that I think you'll love."

Kat agreed, and once their server came, Lyonesse ordered a meal called The Dawn. When it arrived, the celebrity smiled.

"This looks amazing!" she exclaimed, taking a taste at once.

The Dawn was a breakfast Lyonesse loved. It consisted of a hash brown, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a grilled pineapple ring. It wasn't nearly as fancy as yesterday's fare, but it was presented well and tasted delicious.

"I'm glad you like it," Lyonesse replied, fiddling with her phone for nearly two minutes. "What would you like to do after?"

"Well, we were at the Sydney Opera House yesterday, but with all the fuss, I didn't really see it, or anything else for that matter."

"Why don't we do a walking tour, then? I'll be your guide to my lovely home."

"That's a great idea," Kat replied with interest. "It'll be great to see everything without the bullshit you usually get. You have really good taste in food. I bet you're a great cook."

"Thanks, Kat. My father showed me a few things. If you stay here long enough, I'll make vindaloo for you."

"Really? That would be fucking awesome. What's this?" she asked as their waiter came up, carrying a new plate.

"Another little surprise for you: chicken and mushroom crepes," Lyonesse replied with a flourish, feeling her skin warm as a smile spread across Kat's face.

"Wonderful," the celebrity thrilled. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were buttering me up for something."

"Now what could I be buttering you up for?" Lyonesse chuckled, whistling softly and doing her best to look innocent.

When the meal was finished, Lyonesse handed over her card, a mite nervously, and Kat snuck a look at the receipt when it came back.

"Come," Lyonesse said, moving toward the exit.

"A little early for that, don't you think?" Kat returned with a giggle.

"You little...," Lyonesse snickered. "You know what I mean!" Nodding merrily, Kat followed her out. They drove to the opera house and parked nearby. Then the pair walked slowly past the building.

"It's absolutely gorgeous," Kat said in awe as streams of sunlight kissed the waters of Sydney Harbor. "It looks sort of magical, like archways on a great island. It looks like the gate to another world."

"It is, sort of," Lyonesse replied, taking in the massive, white, concrete, arches of the roof. "If you consider the plays and stories that are told inside. It covers the same space as eight 747's, wing to wing."

"That's incredible," Kat replied, suddenly thinking of flying.

Kat hadn't called the Playboy staff since their dust up. She had no idea if they were waiting or she'd need to figure out her own way home. A shiver of panic danced down her spine, but at that moment, Lyonesse clasped her hand. As they looked upon the topaz-colored, glass, windows, shining in the sun like a gentlewoman's rings, Kat felt the warmth of Lyonesse's blood, the pulse of her heartbeat, and decided there was no place she'd rather be, come what may.

"They started building the thing in the fifties," Lyonesse was saying. "And the pipe organ inside is the largest mechanical one on Earth. We saw it during the concert yesterday, or you did. I was too busy being more nervous than I've been in my life."

"Were you?" Kat returned with mock surprise. You didn't seem the least bit worried to me."

"Bloody liar!" Lyonesse smiled, savoring the comfort of Kat's firm grip. From a ways off, she saw people starting to point. "Um, I think we better go now. Why don't we visit the Coathanger. It's actually possible to climb the thing, you know?"

"The what?" Kat asked, following Lyonesse's lead the moment she heard her name on someone's lips.

"The Sydney Harbor Bridge. Didn't you say you wanted a better glance at it yesterday?"

"Sure I did, but I never knew you guys called it the Coathanger. There's a really visual nickname."

Lyonesse agreed, and the pair slipped out of sight just as a small crowd of people came into view.

"You sure you saw Kat," a radiant, gray-eyed, woman named Charlotte asked, twitching and panting heavily.

"Yeah," her short, bespectacled, blonde, boyfriend replied. "TMZ says she fought with the Playboy people and stayed behind. She probably just ducked out of sight. Let's try and find her."

Charlotte agreed with Stephen, and the pair turned to the business district. They were soon headed toward the Royal Botanical Gardens, leaving Lyonesse and Kat to approach the bridge with caution. It was still relatively early so that the crowds were light as Kat took in the sprawling masterwork. Like a great, wire, Slinky, it stretched across the cerulean waters, singing to the world that this was Australia.

"To get on in Australia, you must make two observations," Kat began, putting on an air of deep and ancient wit. "Say 'You have the most beautiful bridge in the world," she continued, noting Lyonesse's rueful smile. "And, 'They tell me you trounced England again in cricket.' The first statement will be a lie. Sydney Bridge is big, utilitarian, and the symbol of Australia, like the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel Tower," Kat went on as Lyonesse smirked and shook her head. "But it is very ugly."

"No Australian will admit this," said Lyonesse sardonically, finishing the reasonably well known James A. Michener quote. "How long have you been waiting to pull that one out?" she asked, smiling.

"Since I read it after I picked you for the date. I wanted to bone up on Australia before I got here, you know? So I wouldn't look like a total ass."

"Well I don't think you've looked like an ass at all," Lyonesse replied encouragingly. "Well except maybe driving a big old SUV through the streets," she teased gently. Thank you for choosing me."

"No. Thank you. Now who do we talk to about climbing this puppy?"

Apparently, the person to talk to was Edwin Hall, and at first, he was understandably reluctant to allow them to climb.

"There's going to be a great deal of complaint, ladies. A good number of people have booked ahead of you. Obviously, you can't go up with them, because chaos would ensue, and I can't shut things down for three hours, even for you, Miss McNamara."

"Oh, sure you could," Kat replied sweetly, flashing an adorable smile. "Don't you wanna do a big favor for two beautiful women in need? I never forget a good deed, you know?" she continued, speaking softly, gently caressing his cheek as she batted her beautiful eyes. "Think of it as showing a jaded American the fabled hospitality of the Land Down Under."