Katie and The Pizza Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Clark got up, and headed to the bar for my drink. Maggie looked at me, "Best decision you've made in a while. Trust me, I know."

Before I left I gave Clark my cell phone. He added his number to the contacts as I did the same with his phone. I knew what it meant--I would be going on a date with him in a matter of days. The excitement I felt as I drove home was beyond belief. He was confident enough to ask me again. What man does that once he's been turned down two times?

He was only a man who delivered pizzas. What kind of a life could he offer me? He couldn't make all that much money, and I really wasn't looking to have a boyfriend to support. It seemed like silly questions to even be asking myself. What did it matter, it was a date, nothing more.

Clark called me the very next day and we made plans to go out. I expected him to take me to a fast food place--someplace he could afford. He picked me up from work and I was relieved to see he had removed the pizza sign from the roof of his car and was dressed very nicely. I was surprised after I got in as I saw the car was spotless--though a slight hint of pizza tainted the air. Not a surprise given the circumstances. I was wearing a pair of slacks and a cotton blouse and he complimented me on how nice I looked. This, after he opened the door for me to get out of the car--this too surprised me. I hadn't expected him to be such a gentleman. Particularly after all of the time we had spent together with our friends at the bar--why would he think I was special? I decided he must want to make a good impression on me for some reason.

It wasn't the most expensive restaurant in town, but it surely wasn't inexpensive. He seemed at ease as we looked at the menu and he must have seen the expression on my face as I looked at the prices.

"Katie, I've saved up for this, so please, order what you think you'll like. You know I want to make a good impression on you. Help me out a bit."

I smiled, "Thanks. But you know I should be paying. I have a better paying job, and after keeping that drunk away from me the other night it's not like I don't owe you."

"Owe me for what? Being a standup guy? The amount of money I make doesn't mean I can't be a nice guy. It just means I need to make smart choices on what I find important enough to spend my money on."

As I scanned the menu I felt like I had put my foot in it. He was right. I was judging his worth based upon his wealth, or more accurately, lack of wealth. I felt kind of ashamed.

He looked at me with a smile, "You know I could always whisper into your ear."

I looked at him, made a funny face, wrinkling my nose, "Don't you dare."

He laughed, "Okay, I won't. But if you knew what I was going to say you'd be sorry you missed it."

"Yeah, right." Mr. Tease didn't miss an opportunity I thought to myself.

The meal was wonderful, as was the conversation. After all of the time we had spent together we hadn't ever talked about much other than the teams we were watching, and about pop culture--music, videos, that sort of thing. Though there were times we talked about what we had read or watched on TV. I found myself laying out my life history--what there was of it, high school, junior college, my first job, my second job, my first boyfriend. I decided his knowing about the last two boyfriends was the limit.

I had lost my virginity to my second boyfriend, and the last one had been the biggest mistakes of my life. Him--I chose not to think him at all. He had caused me far too much pain, and I still wasn't completely over it. Anyway, Clark knew I was on the rebound.

Before I knew it, we were driving to my apartment realizing I hadn't even asked him but a few questions about his own life. I didn't get the impression he was avoiding talking about it though. Afterward, I thought he might have volunteered a little more during our conversation. I guess I was pleased someone really wanted to know more about the real me. He walked me to my door and waited for me to unlock it. Before I could ask if he wanted to come in he told me he had really enjoyed the evening. Then he asked if I would be interested in going out with him again. I could hardly believe he would actually ask me as our evening had been simply wonderful. I told him yes without hesitation.

The next day at work I thought of Clark several times. Apparently my disposition had improved as several of my female coworkers hinted that I seemed...well...happier. Perhaps I was. When I got home I received a message from Maggie. She and John were planning on going bowling and wanted to know if I wanted to join them--I could bring a date if I wanted. This seemed strange as she knew I wasn't dating after the disaster the week before--I hadn't told her Clark had asked me out again, and this time I had accepted. All she knew at this point was we had traded numbers.

I really didn't want to be the third wheel. That was kind of lame, even for me. I was sure Clark would be working, so I didn't even bother bringing up the possibility I could ask him. When Maggie brought up John had a friend I might like to meet I reluctantly agreed--I knew they were trying to be helpful. After all, all I had to do was meet him at the bowling alley, and then go home. What harm could possibly come of it? Maybe it would work out, and he would actually be fun.

I arrived at the bowling alley, walked in, and immediately saw Maggie standing at the counter getting her shoes. I walked up, greeted her, and told the attendant what size shoe I needed.

"So, where's John?"

"He's meeting his friend, and will be right with us. He thinks you'll like him."

We walked to our alley with our bowling balls and shoes, then proceeded to throw a few practice balls to warm up after we put our shoes on. I walked to my seat and looked towards the entrance. I saw John and another guy with him at the counter getting their shoes and balls. As they turned and started in our direction I froze. No way! I had to be mistaken--it simply couldn't be. I took another long look trying to convince myself I was wrong--there had to be a hundred guys who looked similar from this distance. Just after they started walking towards us I saw a familiar red cap--someone was having a pizza delivered.

John and his friend approached as I tensed up--it was him! The guy from the bar who had called me a bitch. He was all smiles as they walked up to me, and when I turned to look at Maggie I saw the anguished look on her face. She took a few steps forward as to ward off the meeting, but it was too late.

I swallowed hard--I didn't want to spend any time with this jerk. John introduced Mike to Maggie, and then to me. We just looked at one another not speaking as Mike looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Have we met before? It seems like I recognize you?"

I looked at him with a glare, "What part of me do you remember? My ass or my face?"

Mike got this strange expression on his face, then his gaze went past me, and his eyes widened. "I think I should just leave. Sorry."

He turned and quickly walked back towards the counter and the exit. I looked at Maggie, then at John who had no clue as to what had just happened. Maggie used her index finger to point behind me. When I looked around Clark was standing at the next alley over where he had delivered a pizza.

I was beside myself. What do I do now? What if Clark thought I was meeting this guy after what had happened at the bar? I didn't want Clark to think I was so desperate for a date I would go with a guy who had disrespected me in public--a guy he had protected me from. Damn it!

Maggie touched my arm, "Wait here. I'll be right back."

I watched as Maggie walked over to Clark as he stood looking at us--at me. There was no mistaking he had seen me talking with Mike. After a few minutes Maggie walked back to me as Clark took out his cell phone. I was certain I was going to get a text or voice mail telling me I was a loser, or worse. I sat down on the chair, and put my head in my hands--what a mess. I had really enjoyed my date with Clark, and now I was sure our newly minted relationship was royally screwed-up.

"Katie, don't worry. I explained what happened to Clark. He knows it wasn't any of your doing. It was John, and me who didn't know. If John had been there that night this never would have happened."

"Thank you for trying to fix things. I know it wasn't your or John's fault. It just happened, I don't want you to feel bad about it. I'm sure Clark will understand after a while."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up to see Clark looking down at me.

"Katie, I understand now. I just called work and asked for the rest of the night off. The manager knows it's slow, and told me it was fine. If it's alright with you I'll get a pair of shoes and a ball so I can bowl with you."

"Clark, I can't ask you to take time off of work, I know you must need the hours."

"You didn't ask, I offered. So, do want this to be our second date or not?"

I smiled, stood up and looked into his eyes, "Yes, please," feeling incredibly relieved.

We bowled three games and Clark was a terrible bowler. He scattered the ball everywhere, in the gutters on both sides at every distance, though he managed a few strikes which he termed 'a special gift from the bowling god'. What impressed me most was he was a good loser--taking his dismal performance in stride. When I asked him when the last time was he had bowled he looked at me apologetically--he never had.

He had been willing to let me see him try something new so he could spend time with me knowing the probable outcome. If he wanted my appreciation and sympathy vote he had it hands down. What kind of man does that for a woman? He certainly knew I wouldn't be impressed with his bowling performance.

He leaned over to whisper into my ear, "I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see your hips sway when you throw the ball. You know that guy was right--you do have a beautiful behind."

"Clark!"

Maggie looked at me with a broad smile, "What did he say this time?"

"That he liked watching me when I had balls," I responded instantly.

Clark looked at me as he held up his hands--palms outward. "I did not say that. Katie, you made that up."

"Oh, did I now?" I teased.

"Take it back, or I'm not going to feed you," he said trying to buy me off.

I looked at him with a shy smile, "Okay. That's not exactly what you said, it was more like you wanted me to play with your balls."

"Katie! I didn't say that either," his face flushing red--a color I thought looked good on him.

Maggie and John stood watching with broad smiles on their faces. Finally, John said he thought he couldn't believe either one of us--suggesting we were made for one another. It was my turn as I felt my face flush hot.

Clark spoke softly into my ear, "Okay, it's a draw, you like my ass, I like your balls," as he extended his hand for me to shake it.

I took his hand and we shook it two times--both of us laughing. It was done and I knew we were good. We left the bowling alley, found a restaurant, and the four of us visited until it was time for me to leave. I was gone about five minutes when my phone rang--I had a text message. I pulled the car over to read it--'I miss you already.' It was the sweetest thing a man had ever said to me after we had parted for the night. I was exhilarated as I drove home and as I prepared for bed. As I got into bed, I wondered--would he kiss me for the first time on our third or fourth date? It was the very first time I had ever acknowledged to myself I wanted a kiss from him.

After the bowling alley incident, I knew Clark and I were...well...interested in each other. The next day at work a vision of his face came to me several times--it was when I was preparing to leave for my apartment from the restaurant. We were looking at each other--I was sure he would have kissed me if it had been just the two of us. I found myself fantasizing about being in his arms, and what it would be like to be so close to him--judging from the warm tingle the thoughts generated it would have been enjoyable. I arrived home, and was making supper when my phone rang--I had a text message. I picked it up and read--'I hope you had a wonderful day. I thought of you. Nice thoughts. Don't get kinky on me.'

I smiled, then quickly punched in a reply, 'Too late for the kinky part. Missed you too.'

A few minutes later my phone rang again--'Have you turned into Kinky Katie?'

I chuckled, prepared a reply, and hit send--'maybe for you,' afterward feeling just a little naughtier than usual, it felt so damned good.

We had our third date three days later on a Sunday night. I figured it was because pizza orders were slow on Sunday nights, so he could afford to take the night off. We had talked on the phone earlier and he asked if I enjoyed dancing. I replied I did--knowing there was only one place in town that had a dance floor on the weekend, and it wasn't inexpensive.

Before I could object he asked if he should pick me up, suggesting a time, so we could have dinner together. We agreed on the time, and I hung up afraid I was going to be responsible for making him go broke. Maybe I should have offered to pay my own way. Now, I felt it was too late as if I called him to suggest it I'd make him feel bad because I didn't think he could provide for me. In fact, I was very much afraid he couldn't.

The restaurant wasn't one I wanted to go dressed in business casual like I would wear to work. That meant I had to make up my mind if I should wear a dress or a pair of dress slacks. Clark had never seen me in a dress--skirts yes, but not a dress, so maybe that was my best option. I was looking over my closet thinking I needed to go shopping as nothing looked all that attractive. Then I saw a patch of red at the far end of the rack begging me to take it dancing. The memory of having purchased it came into my mind--I had never worn it. I pulled the dress out placing it in front of me as I stood in front of the mirror--yes!

I made up my mind right then. If he was going to take me to a really nice restaurant then I was going to look nice too. I went into the bathroom, shaved my legs and under my arms, then took a shower. I dried off, added moisturizer to my legs, trimmed my nails, and added red nail polish to complete the look I had in mind. I decided to wear more makeup than usual--but didn't go overboard. I added some eyeliner, did my lashes, and added lip gloss.

I selected a pair of pierced earrings that went with the dress as they had a hint of red on them. Finally, my low-heeled red shoes to complete the transformation of desk-bound office girl to a charming, seductive, woman who knew how to wow a man on the dance floor. This was the most work I had put into preparing for a date in a very long time. I hoped it would be well-received once he saw me for the first time in a dress.

I found myself feeling a little antsy as I waited knowing how much I had enjoyed our first two dates. I was still unsure as to why I felt he wasn't quite what he advertised himself to be--there was just something that seemed off. Maybe he was a serial killer, one of those men who could wow a women with his charm and then do them in whenever he was ready. I was considering as to whether I had an overactive imagination when a soft knock came on the door. I looked out the peep-hole, saw Clark, and opened it with a smile, "Hi."

"Sorry, I'm just a little early. I hope I'm not rushing you." Then he me looked over, up and down, "Whoa! Katie, you look absolutely gorgeous. I feel like I've hit the jackpot. If you dance as well as you look I'm outclassed by miles."

I looked at him with a huge smile. He did know how to make a girl feel good. Then something stupid came out of my mouth, "You aren't a serial killer are you?"

'I...I...don't think so. I mean...well...damn, Katie. Where did that come from?"

"I read a story last week about a serial killer and he came off as a really nice guy who could make a girl feel wonderful, safe, and beautiful. Sorry, I really let my imagination run wild for a minute."

"You know my Dad thinks I'm kind of strange with the work I do, and my Mother would like to see me settle down. But neither of them ever suggested I was crazy enough to want to do women in for the fun of it," he said half-jokingly.

"Clark, I'm sorry. It was a stupid thing for me to say."

"You know. I meet a lot of women when I deliver pizzas. Maybe I should think of branching out--you know, maybe a large pizza with half an hour of cuddle time. If you like, I can practice on you first to see how the concept goes over," as an impish smile grew on his face.

"Now who has the overactive imagination?" I laughed.

"Okay, but you're to blame. Now, are you comfortable enough to go out with me or not? I promise not to get too close to you while we dance--I really could do a job on your feet."

We arrived at the restaurant twenty minutes later. When we pulled into the parking lot I noticed they had valet parking as we neared the entrance. The valets didn't even make an attempt to ask Clark if he wanted them to park his car--even I could tell they had gone out of their way to avoid looking at us. It didn't seem to faze Clark at all. We walked to the entrance where we were greeted by a nicely dressed middle-aged hostess. I felt more just than a little out of place in such a posh establishment. This was a place I'd been told about by several of my girlfriends--but never in my life had I expected to dine here. I noticed Clark seemed completely at ease as we walked to our table as we followed the hostess. A moment later a waiter walked up to our table to introduce himself--a waiter!

It was then I felt myself come a little unhinged. A waiter in my experience meant big money was in play, and I was afraid Clark was putting himself in the hole to impress me. It was when I looked at the prices on the menu I felt myself falter even more. I swallowed hard and looked at Clark, "We should leave Clark. This is entirely too expensive. Really, we can go someplace else."

"Katie, it's alright, really."

I leaned towards him, "Clark, there's no need to spend this much money on me. You impressed me long ago, this isn't going to change my mind about anything. We have had good times at the bar and I've enjoyed our two dates. Isn't that good enough?"

"Alright, I understand. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable tonight. I promise, I won't ever spend more than I can afford in the future. But tonight, I can afford it. Is that acceptable?

"I guess so. Are you sure we should stay?" still unsure I was entirely comfortable.

"Only if you'll enjoy yourself. Otherwise, there's no reason to stay. I brought you here to have an enjoyable evening dining and dancing. If you can't, then we should leave. I can only rely on you to tell me the truth as to whether you can or not. I won't hold it against you if want to leave."

I was at a crossroads as I did want to enjoy the evening with him and it would be lousy for me to tell him in effect his efforts had fallen flat. I guess it didn't matter how well-intentioned I was--I had already hinted I didn't think he could afford the evening. Shit! Maybe I had already gone too far--maybe he wouldn't even ask me out again. I had put myself in a box trying to do the right thing by him, now there seemed to be no way out. I swallowed hard, I...think...we...

"Well, if it isn't the pizza man," a man dressed in a nicely tailored suit exclaimed as he neared our table. With him was a handsome man about the same age as Clark. He too was dressed in an expensive suit, looking as if he had stepped out of the pages of Gentleman's Quarterly. The greeting offered more as a sneer than anything else as far as I was concerned. I glanced at Clark.