Katie and The Pizza Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He pulled me up out of the chair and kissed me so passionately I nearly fainted. It must have been the combination of the shock of learning about the pizza business and the realization he loved me. I loved him, I couldn't deny it. He released me slowly as I looked into those wonderful, soft eyes.

"Pizza man I love you. You're an intelligent, if not conniving, tease of a man, but I love you."

He spouted that impish grin, "But, I'm not a serial killer."

I laughed and fell into his arms. No he wasn't a serial killer--but he was capable of doing a woman in with his charm. I pushed back from him and smiled, "I'll be pleased to accompany you to your father's company picnic."

It was five days later and I sat impatiently in my new dress and shoes, holding onto my new hat. My long hair combed out until it shined, my eye makeup modest, but effective. It had taken me hours to prepare for the picnic knowing I wanted to make a good first impression on his parents and siblings. The thought occurred to me that I would look over-dressed when I got out of his old blue Mazda. I also knew it didn't matter.

A soft knock came on my apartment door and I quickly ran to see if it was Clark--it was early yet--but Clark was never late to pick me up for a date. I opened the door and when he saw me he just stood there--I was sure I had something askew, or unbuttoned.

"Katie Krause, you are one fine looking woman even with your clothes on."

"Clark!"

We walked to the parking lot laughing and talking. I was already nervous and laughing was a way for me to release the tension. I was looking for the Mazda but didn't see it. He walked towards a black VW Atlas and pressed the key-fob to unlock the doors. I saw the lights flash on and looked at him in surprise, "Where's the Mazda?"

"Sitting in the same garage at my apartment where this one is kept. Sorry, I forgot to tell you the Mazda is used only for pizza delivery. Better gas mileage and all that than this one--but not by much. Since I'm taking a beautiful brunette to the company picnic I'm taking her in something that will show her off as she deserves to be."

I felt myself blush as I wasn't used to being described in those terms. He had told me a few times in passing over the past year I was a knockout in his eyes and I had never taken it seriously--just him teasing me as he did all of the girls of our small group. Over the past few weeks all of that had changed. I knew that in his eyes I was beautiful, desirable, and that he adored me. He made me feel more confident in my womanhood than I had ever felt before. Maybe it wasn't the way many feminists would want a women to lay claim to her worth--but it worked for me.

As he drove he looked at me again appreciatively," Katie, I want you to know something before we get there. Don't be intimidated by anyone there, you're as smart and well-rounded intellectually as any of them. Don't be afraid you will embarrass me, if anything I'm more likely to embarrass you. But I promise I'll try my very best to be polite and courteous. I know you're nervous and to be truthful, I am too. I've never taken someone to one of these events before, so be prepared for questions regarding our relationship.

I looked over to him with a smile, "What do I tell them? That you're great in bed and get me off almost every time?"

"Katie, don't go kinky on me now," he laughed.

"No, really. Are we just dating, are we serious enough that it will go farther?"

He reached over and touched my arm gently, "Katie, I'm going to marry you someday. Is that good enough. That is of course, if you will have me."

"Clark, pull this car over right now!" I demanded.

He pulled into the roadside park we were approaching, parked, and put the car into park. He looked at me with a grim expression, "Did I say something wrong?"

"You doofus. You so much as proposed to me as we're on the way to meet your parents! What do you expect me to say, to do?"

"You could tell me you love me even though I'm a retard," he replied apologetically.

I looked at him with a glare, but couldn't hold it. I grew a grin, then laughed. "How in the world did I ever get myself to the point where I love you so much I think even the awkward situations you put me in are okay."

"Love is blind I guess," he said meekly.

"Well it must be, because I love you so much I want to kiss you. This damn seat belt is the only thing keeping me from putting lipstick all over your face."

"Well, we could tell them we're very serious I guess," he said cautiously.

"Seriously, you want to tell them we're serious? You're in my panties and you propose to me. I'd say that 'serious' is an understatement."

"I did say 'very serious,' he said with his impish grin.

That was it, I couldn't stop from laughing. "Okay, we are 'very serious.'But your chances of getting any nookie tonight are getting slimmer."

"What if I gave you a ring?"

I looked at him, "Clark, what are you saying? A ring, you mean an engagement ring?"

"Yes."

I sat stock still--no this could not be happening. What had I done wrong in my life to find myself in a car on the way to meet a man's parents for the first time as a date and become engaged on the way there? I was still trying to take it all in when he got out of the car and came around to the passenger door and opened it. He stood there, his hand stretched out to take mine. I numbly got out and followed him as he led me a bench in the shade of a large oak tree.

I watched as he reached into the inside pocket of his suit and pulled out a ring and knelt down in front of me. "Katie Krause, I've watched you, teased you, and laughed with you for almost a year. Over the past three weeks we have become intimate in ways I had only dreamed of in the past. My heart and soul are yours. Will you marry me?"

The tears in my eyes made his face appear blurry. I could hardly speak--I was so choked-up with emotion. This silly man who delivered pizzas was nothing of the kind and he wanted me to marry him. What was wrong with this picture? Why did he believe in me so much? Did it matter? I brushed the tears away with my hand, and tried to make a smile that showed my elation. "Yes, I'll marry you."

He slipped the ring onto my finger and held my hand gently, then looked up at me. "Katie, this isn't exactly the way I had planned to do this. But now that I have, I know I waited much to long before I did."

He pulled me up from the bench and we shared a long passionate kiss. Then he led me back to the car where he opened the door for me and then closed it after I was in. I watched as he got into his seat and put his seat belt on as I glanced down at the stunning diamond engagement ring on my finger. I was now engaged to be married and it seemed unreal my life had changed so much in a matter of minutes.

"Sorry about your makeup," he said to me as he pressed the ignition button to start the car.

I pulled the visor down and looked in the mirror. My mascara had smudged some, but the damage was minimal. I reached for my purse and took out my small makeup kit and some tissues--pleased I didn't use foundation as my natural skin tone and complexion had always served me well enough. I had myself ready to go in three minutes and we drove off. If I thought I was nervous before it was nothing like I felt now. I took in deep breaths and slowly released them to calm myself. I closed my eyes and brought up images of ocean waves coming onto a sandy beach and after a few minutes I felt calm and relaxed.

We pulled into the country club and followed the signs to the tent set up at the back of the building. This time the valets waited for us to stop in front of them, but Clark drove past them, and parked the car in the general lot. I got out of the car, fluffed my sundress, and placed my broad brimmed hat onto the top of head. I took a deep breath and took Clark's hand--the show was on.

There was a throng of people under the tent taking advantage of the covered seating after taking food from an adjacent tent. It didn't take long for me to pick out his parents as I had studied them on the photograph several times over the past few weeks. Then I saw his brother Dennis, and a short distance away his sister Sheryl. As soon as they saw us they both walked towards us waving a greeting.

Sheryl gave Clark a hug and stepped back to look at him, "You are staying in shape. I can only wonder what you're been up to as your texts aren't terribly informative."

"Sorry, I've been busy."

"Delivering pizzas I understand," his brother said, as he took his Clark's hand with a wide smile.

"Yes, but I have been busy on other projects too. Since both of you are here, I would like to introduce you to my fiancée, Katie Krause. She works for Samuel and Sons downtown as a bookkeeper."

They both looked shocked as we traded greetings and then hugs.

"Have you told Dad and Mother yet?" Dennis asked.

"Not yet. We haven't made it that far, so that's where we're going next. I expect you'll want to join us to see their reaction."

The four of us walked towards his parents Clark holding my hand. Along the way several people said hello to Clark--all of them wearing coats and ties. I was surprised as I expected it might be a little more informal for the men. The women, as I expected, had put on their best. Having dressed as I had done in an effort to present themselves in a positive fashion when with their spouse. I was still holding up fairly well at this point knowing I was dressed appropriately.

Clark's mother saw us approach and touched her husband's arm to get his attention. They both wore smiles as we stopped in front of them and greeted Clark warmly. His mother gave him a hug and kiss, Clark gave her a kiss on the cheek in return. His father shook his hand firmly, then turned his gaze to me. I smiled and waited for Clark to make the introduction, reminding myself it was important not to screw up.

"Mother and Dad, I would like to introduce you my fiancée, Katie Krause. I have known her for over a year and we started dating seriously over a month ago. Katie is employed as a bookkeeper for Samuel and Sons in town where she's been for over two years, almost three. She's well read and enjoys both sports and other activities out-of-doors."

They were obviously shocked, but both recovered quickly. His mother glanced down at my left hand and smiled, "May I?"

I lifted my hand and she took it gently and looked at the ring, "It's beautifully made. Katie, you have such lovely hands. Congratulations on your engagement."

"Thank you. I recognized you from the family photograph in Clark's apartment. It doesn't do you justice."

"Why thank you for your kind words Katie. I look forward to having an opportunity to talk with you now that Clark has found someone who suits him. Perhaps after you have had something to eat."

"I would like that," I replied smiling.

"Katie, I look forward to getting to know you," his father replied, "but right now I would like to have a word with Clark. We haven't been in touch for a while and there are a few questions I would like to ask him that would no doubt bore you. So, please excuse us."

"I understand. Clark does need to stop working so hard. It hasn't always been easy for us to find enough time to be together since he often works weekends," I replied confidently.

"Katie, I haven't eaten anything yet. Why don't I join you and introduce you to a few more people while we visit," Sheryl offered.

"That would be wonderful. I could use something to tide me over until Clark can join us."

Dennis chimed in, "I think I'll join you. I've not had anything to eat yet."

Clark looked at me, "I'll be along shortly."

The three of us walked to the refreshment tent, picked up plates and walked along telling the servers what we wanted. There were no paper or plastic plates or silverware--it was real china and silverware. It made me realize I was in a world different than the one I grew up in. I wondered why Clark had decided to leave this behind, at least some of it. He still enjoyed things that were well-made and of good quality. We sat down together with our food and drink. It didn't take long for the questions to begin.

"Katie, we had no idea Clark was serious about someone. He's been pretty secretive over the past two years regarding what he's doing and who he spends time with. He has never mentioned you," Sheryl explained.

"I'm not surprised. It has taken over a year before he asked me out the first time. I turned him down the first two times, but he didn't give up. Things have moved along fairly rapidly once we started dating. He has told me he really enjoys hearing from the both of you."

"Katie, do you have any idea what our father wants to talk to him about?" Dennis asked.

"If I were to guess, it would be about his taking an active part in the real estate business once your father decides to retire. I know Clark isn't the least bit interested. In fact, he told me he thinks you would be perfect to take his place."

"He told you that?" Dennis replied seemingly surprised.

"Yes. Why are you surprised?"

"Yes, kind of. I mean he told me the same thing almost two years ago when I got out of college. I'm working in real estate for another firm right now to gain more experience. I really do like the work. But I never expected Clark would be able to withstand the pressure our father places on him to join the company. I was certain he would give in."

Sheryl looked at me, "Katie, Clark can be stubborn when it comes to what he likes and doesn't like to do. Dad wasn't entirely happy when all of us received our inheritance from our maternal grandparents. Dad wanted Clark to invest most of it into real estate and Clark refused to go along with it. My father thinks he has squandered the money and it's all gone. Even worse, he thinks Clark hasn't made use of his college degree. Dad offered him a position in the company with a good salary and Clark chose to work for Pizza Pete delivering pizzas instead."

"We haven't talked in detail about finances. In fact, I suspected he had received an inheritance, but didn't know for sure until now. When we first started dating I didn't think he could afford to take me to two of the restaurants he took me to on what he made delivering pizzas. I finally told him I wasn't going to date him any more unless he stopped spending so much on me. He kept his promise and we continued dating doing things that were free or inexpensive."

I saw the expression on Sheryl's face, "You did that?"

"I had to. I didn't want to be responsible for him not being able to pay his rent or whatever else he owes money for based upon what he made delivering pizzas. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I couldn't do that to him."

Dennis looked at me, "Then why did you change your mind and become engaged to him?"

I was oh so tempted to tell them we had been engaged for less than two hours. But, that story would come another day.

"I can't tell you. I promised to keep quiet about some things that changed my mind. But, based upon what you have just told me I can tell you he didn't squander his inheritance--he invested it."

Dennis smiled, "I thought so. He's trying to stay out of the picture as far as taking a position in the company. He's much too smart to waste his money, and I couldn't believe Dad would actually believe he had and still want him to take over part of the company. I think his partners are nervous regarding the prospect of Clark joining the firm."

"You mean Mr. Dunsford?"

"You know him?" Sheryl asked surprised.

"I've met him once when Clark took me out, we went to Murphy's-on-the-Hill. He had his son Rodney with him."

I saw both of them make a face at the mention of Rodney.

"Sorry you had to deal with that situation," Sheryl offered.

Dennis smiled, "I get along with Rodney well enough. He's an ass to be kind, but I can work with him. Clark and he on the other hand, is like mixing oil and water--it just doesn't work. You probably don't know it, but the Dunsford's are putting pressure on Dad for me to take over when he retires rather than Clark."

"Does Clark know that?" I asked.

"Yes. I told him just a few months after he started working for the pizza outfit. I think Clark is waiting to see if they apply enough pressure to make it happen. I know he supports me, always has."

"Speak of the devil," Sheryl hissed.

"Good afternoon Dennis, Sheryl, and...oh...Ms. Krause. It's certainly a pleasure to meet you again."

I smiled and didn't reply. Dennis spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. "So, how is that commercial deal going in Ashton? I understand there's a problem with one of the sellers."

"Nothing I think will stop the project. We just need to up our offer a little and the owner will cave. I'm surprised you've heard about it."

"Word gets around," Dennis replied as if it wasn't unusual.

Then Rodney turned his attention to me. "Ms. Krause, I assume your boyfriend brought you. Perhaps when the DJ starts playing music later this evening I can convince you to share a dance or two with me."

I saw Sheryl cringe. Dennis didn't say a word as his expression changed--his jaw stiff, lips tightening, as if to keep himself from saying something harsh.

I looked up at Rodney with a smile. "Perhaps, but I don't think my fiancé would like it if I did. You could always ask him."

"He could ask me what?" Came Clark's voice from behind me.

I waited, as did Dennis and Sheryl. I saw Rodney's expression go bland.

"I...I...didn't know the two of you had...become engaged. I guess I should offer my congratulations."

"Thank you Rodney. That's very kind of you. Have you eaten yet? Perhaps you would like to join us," Clark offered.

"I promised Leslie I would take a bite with her and her friend. I see them at the refreshment tent now. But, thank you for the invitation."

Rodney quickly made his exit as smiles grew on the faces of Dennis and Sheryl as I gave a sigh of relief.

"I like it when Rodney turns tail and runs when you appear," Dennis smirked looking at Clark.

"I'm glad you can stand him. He still turns my stomach. I'll bet he hit on Katie even with both of you sitting here."

Sheryl laughed lightly, "Bingo, you know him too well. Katie squashed him like a bug. I like her Clark."

"So, you think I picked a good sister-in-law for you?"

"Sheryl looked at me with a grin, "I think we're going to get along just fine. In fact, I can see that in the near future Dennis and I will be spending more time with you. But I think she did the picking. She's just letting you think you did."

Clark had taken a bite out his sandwich. He chewed and swallowed. "You know, I think you're right, she did and I'm thankful."

Dennis laughed, "I'll be happy to be the best man at a wedding where the groom already knows his place. This marriage will last a very long time."

"Aww, give the man a break. It's mutual. He picked me first, I decided after a while he was okay and started saying yes."

"Clark doesn't like just being okay," Sheryl grinned.

I placed my hand on Clark's arm, "He's well above 'okay' in those activities that matter most to a woman."

Clark almost spit out the food in his mouth. He collected himself and swallowed. "Katie, behave yourself."

"You told me I couldn't embarrass you. Did I just prove you wrong?" I replied with a sly smile.

"Katie, I'm going to ask for that ring back," he laughed while trying to look stern.

"Too late for you. Remember what I told you about tonight on the way here?" I quipped knowing I had the advantage.

I watched as Clark's face turned a little redder.

"Boy, she has you by the short-hairs Clark," Dennis smirked behind his hand.

"Katie, you and I are going to get along very well," Sheryl laughed.

"Okay. I can tell when I'm being beat up. So, in an attempt to change the subject and save some of my self-respect I want to tell you what I told Dad"