All Comments on 'Katie's Quest'

by LordCorvusCorax

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
LordCorvusCoraxLordCorvusCorax11 months agoAuthor

This is part 1 one of a multi-chapter story. Part two will be coming soon!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This story, I think, is that rare story that takes the trope of infodump-slash-worldbuilding the character and makes it work, somehow. The deeper I got into the story, the more I realized this isn’t a typical story of a hyper-prepared girl tries to make a baby but fails because of unforeseen circumstances, but one where things are going to work out drastically well.

Katie seems ultimately very mercenary in her ambition and goals. Secure for herself and her future child a good life, working so singlemindedly towards it that she forgets the basics of dating. Kieran doesn’t know what’s hit him yet, but I suspect, given how meticulous and thorough you were about Katie, there’s many more hidden depths to him than what she learnt about him from his file.

I’m so looking forward to the next installment of this story. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next. So far, this is all from Katie’s perspective, so hopefully we can see Kieran’s perspective on this eventually.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just read this first part. That was a good read. I like what I'm seeing of Katie's perspective; why she wants to do it, how she works to ensure her future child a happy life, her acknowledgement of her dating issues. I'll be reading part 2 momentarily.

KREMOVKAKREMOVKA9 months ago

Very interesting, and veeery surprising to see in XXI century such a simple story about a young girl dreaming about starting a family with a man of her dreams... And here I thought it was a thing of the past :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLordCorvusCorax@LordCorvusCorax
"Perfect ecstasy, boundless cacophony, excessive agony. I must have more!" —Anonymous Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marine

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES