Katja Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then Erik asked, "We'll be back just after lunch, do you think we should go back to the house? Or maybe we should just come to the ship and stay there for at least tonight?"

"Yes, I think you might be better off coming straight here for today. Then we can see what happens. I know they want to interview you, but I still think you should meet with Victoria first, I had dinner with her last night, and she is willing to help. We actually had a very pleasant time once she got out of the reporter mode. I'll give her a call and invite her here and we can all have dinner together. If that's all right with you and Katja of course."

Erik looked at Katja and she grinned nodding. "Yes sir, that's fine with us, I'll call you just before we get there."

"Very good Erik, I look forward to seeing you two. I'll let you go get breakfast now, and have a safe trip back."

Erik told him goodbye and he hung up.

Katja giggled, "It sounds like uncle is getting a tiny bit attached to "Victoria."

Erik laughed, "Yes, I sort of got that impression myself. Why don't we get breakfast and then we can head back? Are you ready for all the questions and such that's more than likely to happen?"

Katja smiled and nodded. " I guess so, hopefully it will die down soon and we can just get along with our lives."

He reached out and pulled her to him smiling as he held her to him. He buried face in her neck and breathed in her scent that was only for him, then he kissed her. "All right, that should hold me for a bit. Let's go." Katja giggled, took his hand and they walked out the door.

They walked to the lodge and waited to be seated. Most of the people they had seen before, stopped and congratulated them on the resolution of the problems that had. Most said the same thing, that they just couldn't believe that something like this had happen in this day and age. They felt that people should be past that.

Erik agreed with them, but silently he said to himself sadly, there was always a chance of it happening, human nature being what it was.

They finished quickly and decided to get ready to leave. They'd have some more tea and coffee in the cabin before they left. As they walked out of the dining room, they saw Jack, Maria and little Lucy coming in. Jack and Maria waved and Lucy ran over to hug Katja. Katja picked her up and hugged her smiling, then asked. "And how are you this morning little sister? Did you have a good sleep?"

Lucy giggled, and replied to her, "Good morning big sister. I slept okay I guess, I did have a funny dream though."

Lucy turned her to her mother and asked, "Mommy, can I talk to Katja for just a minute? I wanted to asked her something."

As Erik and Jack were talking about something, she told her yes. Lucy grinned and asked if Katja would sit with her on the bench.

Katja nodded and she led Lucy over to the bench and sat with her on her lap. Then she asked, "What's the matter little sister, what do you want to talk about?"

Lucy looked at her a little confused, the said, "I had a funny dream last night. I fell asleep and I was holding the kitty statue you gave me, I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. I was just about asleep, when I felt it get warm like you are and I had the funny dream."

Katja looked intently at her and asked, "Can you tell me about the dream Lucy?"

Lucy nodded and said, "I think I was older and I think I was at your house, because I saw you and mister Erik, and mommy and daddy. I was in the back yard and I was watching two kids playing. One was a little kitty-girl and the other was little boy, but he wasn't a kitty, he was like me. They were playing together and then I saw the little boy had a tail like the little kitty-girl. Then I heard a nice voice say to me, "Small one, these two will be your friends and you will help teach and watch over them." Then I felt someone kiss my forehead like you and mommy do."

Katja looked at Lucy stunned, then quickly smiled and said to her, "That seems like a nice dream, I think what it means is that since you're my sister, when Erik and I have little ones of our own, they will be your friends and you will help us."

Lucy smiled in understanding, then asked, "Oh, you mean like Tina. She comes over to stay with me when mommy and daddy need to go out and I can't come. She plays with me and teaches me how to do some things."

Katja smiled and hugged her, "Yes, that is it exactly, just like that or like a big sister would."

Lucy smiled at her, "That's good, I was wondering because the dream seemed so real, even it was a little funny because I don't remember my dreams all the time."

Katja smiled back and said, "I think it is because this was an important dream, sometimes we dream about things were supposed to do, so they seem very real. Okay now?"

Lucy hugged her and grinned, then nodded.

Katja smiled and said, "Good, well little sister, I need to go now, we have to drive home and see my uncle at our spaceship. But we will see each other again soon, Erik told me he talked to your father about coming over in a few weeks or so. Then you can meet my other sister and her mate. And I will introduce you to Cleo, she is an earth cat that lives with us and is a very good friend, I think you'll like her and she you. Then we'll take you, your mother and father to see the spaceship and you can meet some of my friends and their little ones, Okay?

Lucy was both happy and sad, but since she knew she would see them again and everything else Katja told her, she was more happy than sad. So she nodded and said, "Okay Katja."

Katja grinned and hugged her once more, then kissed her forehead.

They came back over and she handed her off to Maria. Maria and her hugged, then they said goodbye. She and Erik went back to the cabin to load up the car and after a stop at the lobby, they started off for home.

On the way there, Katja called Ariel and told her they would be at the ship for tonight and she see her tomorrow at work. They stopped at a small diner on the way back for lunch, they figured if it wasn't one of the big chain restaurants, they wouldn't have as many questions to answer.

Instead of the main access point, Erik drove to the gate they normally got delivery's at and as they hoped, there wasn't anyone there but the guard. He had been told to expect them by the commander and he saluted the two of them, then smiled as he opened the gate for Erik to drive through.

Erik grabbed a bag they made up to take on board with them, Katja still her uniforms in her old quarters and Erik had also hung up a couple of his just in case he needed to change for any reason.

Katja had called her uncle just before they got to the complex so he and Ms. Thomas were waiting for them when the entered the ship. He smiled and hugged both of them as they came onboard, "Erik, Katja, it's so good to see you, you had no problems on the way, did you?"

Erik and Katja smiled back, "No uncle, everything was fine, there was a lot of questions and congratulations at the resort before we left, but no problems."

"Very good," He replied, "I'm sure you remember Victoria. Uh, I mean Ms. Thomas here."

Katja gave her uncle a grin and Erik smiled and said, "Yes we do. Good afternoon Ms. Thomas. I'd like to thank you and also offer my apologies for not trusting you. I was wrong and I'm glad I was."

Victoria smiled at him. She was happy he could be honest enough to admit he was wrong, as he was when he thought he was correct. So she smiled and replied, "Your more than welcome Mr. Woodes. You struck me as someone from Missouri when we first met, so no apologies are needed, but they are appreciated."

Erik laughed, then said, "Touché."

Katja looked at him curiously and asked, "Erik, I did not know you were from Missouri."

Erik and Victoria laughed at Katja's question. Erik explained, "I'm not love, it's a human quote from a politician from that state. If I remember right, he said," Eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I'm from Missouri, and you have got to show me." So, when somebody says something you don't exactly believe or trust that they'll do as they say, some people shorten it and just say, "I'm from Missouri, show me."

Katja and their uncle smiled at the explanation, then the commander said grinning, "Yes, a very good saying if you know the context."

"Why don't you go to your quarters and put your things in it and come back to my quarters so we can talk for a while. Victoria, uh... Ms. Thomas and I will meet you there."

Katja looked at her uncle and over to the reporter noticing a tiny smile on her face. She smiled at them and said, "Yes, that sounds like a good Idea uncle, we'll be there as soon as we stow everything."

Erik smiled and nodded as he picked up the bag then took Katja's hand and they walked to her quarters. He tossed the bag on the couch once they went in and pulled Katja to him to hug and kiss her. Then he smiled and asked her, "So, what do you think? It sounds like a little more's going on there than information sharing."

Katja grinned, "Depends on what kind of "Information" they're sharing I suppose. In a way, I hope so, uncle Geoff needs a way to take his mind off the day to day problems he deals with."

Erik grinned also, "I can certainly understand that kitten." He stroked her face and kissed her. "I kiss you and all my problems disappear."

Katja grinned back and kissed his ear whispering, "Good, we'll have to see how good that works later." She licked and nipped at his ear.

Erik sighed, "I love you kitten, but I think we should go before this goes any farther."

Katja nodded, then said, "Oh, there was something I wanted to tell you, but it slipped my mind. Do you remember when Lucy asked to talk to me? Well she asked because she had a funny dream, in her words." Katja smiled and continued, "However, what she really had, was a visit from the Goddess. She told her she would be helping to take care of and teach our children when she gets older."

Erik stared at her and asked, "Are you sure?"

Katja nodded, "Yes, Lucy described them to me right down to the tail on our son. She said that the statue of Bast I gave her grew warm when she was falling asleep holding it, then she told me everything she saw and heard."

Erik looked at her and asked, "Uh, how did Lucy take it? I hope she wasn't scared or anything."

Katja shook her head and said, "No love, after I explained it to her, so a child could understand it, she was happy. She figured it meant she would be like the human girl that takes care of her when Jack and Maria go out. I didn't mention it was the Goddess telling her, just that sometimes we have dreams like that when it's important."

Erik smiled, "Good, once she gets older, we can explain it to her. I guess we can add another human to the Pagan ranks maybe, it sounds like when Lady Brigit accepted me. Celia would have me meditate every night while I was learning and it put me in a sort of, pre-sleep dream state I guess you could call it. And She came to me in a kind of dream like you just described happened to Lucy."

Katja smiled, "Well, we can tell her sometime later, when we need to, if she doesn't find out about it by herself. We better get going love."

Erik nodded and took her hand, then they headed to their uncles' quarters. Katja pushed the intercom button and told him it was them and the door slide open. They walked in and he waved them over and said, "I've got tea if you want some. Then we can talk a little more before dinner."

Katja and Erik smiled, then Erik poured them both a cup and fixed Katja's how she liked it before handing it to her as she smiled at him.

Victoria grinned as Erik handed it to her, "Well Katja, I see you have him trained right."

Katja nodded, "Yes, he does this for me every morning. Of course, it costs me before he'll give it to me."

Victoria looked at her puzzled and Erik laughed, "Yes, she owes me one smile every time I do it. No smile, no tea. We find it works out well." He kissed the top of Katja's head before he sat down.

Victoria laughed and their uncle joined them at the table after putting something on his desk.

"So," He asked them. "How was your trip? I hope you had a good rest, because I think it might be busy here for a few days."

Erik nodded, "It was good sir, we had a good time and made some good friends while we were there."

Then he asked Victoria, "I suppose all this is going to mess up the original article you were going to write, can you tell us just how all this happened?"

Victoria smiled, then replied, "Well it sort of did in a way, through some sources I had, I found enough to make me a little leery when I heard how far up it was going, a bit above my paygrade if you know what I mean. So, I turned it over to our editor and he in turn passed the info on to some of his contacts. A small-town reporter or even the editor, doesn't go after a someone as important as the Secretary of State on their own. Then Geoff, uh the Commander here passed it along also to his counterpart Mr. Sharpe."

"Basically, it got investigated from a bunch of different angles. Then when it was proven true, the President got in on it."

She laughed, "From what I heard, they could hear is tirade on this across Washington. Not only was it very wrong by all the laws, it also was causing an embarrassment to his office because it was someone he appointed. So, you can imagine how fast he wanted to get the blame where it belonged and get everything settled quickly."

Erik grinned, "Yes, I could imagine he would. But were does this leave you? You should get the credit for it."

Victoria smiled, "I don't mind, I'll do a follow up with you two when you get married and a few other things. My boss knows about it and he's promised me a raise. Besides Erik, as you said it was the right thing to do. And there have been other benefits from it." Erik caught her giving the commander a sidelong glance.

Erik smiled, "Well, I'm glad you going to get something out of it." He grinned, "I'd hate to think you had to sit through my tirade for nothing."

Victoria smiled, "It wasn't that bad, I was glad I was able to prove to you I wasn't like the others. I really did care about what was happening to you two and all the rest. And even more now."

Katja grinned and said, "You know, I don't understand why two are trying to hide that you have feelings for each other. Is there a problem I don't know about? We are family after all and we know all about mixed-species relations. Maybe we could help."

Victoria and their uncle blushed, then started to laugh. "There is no problem niece, we thought it would be better not to advertise it while it was all going on. After spending so much time together, we found that we enjoyed each other's company."

Erik smiled, "I for one I'm happy for you. I think I understand why you want to wait, but Katja's right, you don't have to around us."

Victoria smiled at them and took Geoff's hand. "I glad we don't have to, but we'd still want to be a bit discreet for right now, we don't want people to get the wrong impression."

Erik and Katja nodded their understanding and they made small talk on what they could expect tomorrow or the next day depending on what comes out. As the TV reporter said, they still don't have all the details, so it would be better not to say much more than we're happy everything will be corrected for now.

The steward called them to dinner and all sat down to enjoy their meal. They talked about their trip and meeting their new friends Jack, Maria and of course Lucy. Then Erik asked if he would do the classes this week, or might it be better to wait until more info comes out. "After all, I would have to have them attended again once I found out what was going to change."

Uncle Geoff nodded, "Yes Erik, I think your right. We might as well hold off for a week or three until we find out. Between the interviews, and having to rewrite the course slightly, I think it might be the best Idea. This way I can also get some guidance from Mr. Sharpe on how fast it will happen. He's stopping over first thing in the morning and he might some idea on what we should say. As Victoria mentioned, this was because of someone high up in your government, so I think a bit of discretion would be helpful."

Then he smiled and said to both Erik and Katja, "You two should also think about when you're going to get married. I know you two don't care, but I'd imagine that they'd make a big to-do about it being the ones who started all this and the first mixed species couple."

Erik looked at Katja and sighed, "Sir, Katja tells me her brother is in Australia. I don't suppose I could request a transfer, maybe to the outback, until this all blows over."

Their uncle laughed, "Sorry son, I warned you. If you don't want a big thing to be made, you have to stop coming up with solutions and calling attention to yourself."

Katja stood and came over to hug him, "Don't worry my mate, we'll weather this just like everything else. I'm sure you can convince Celia to marry us, that will make it a little better."

Victoria looked at them and asked, "Celia? Who is she?"

Katja smiled, "Celia is a Priestess who taught Erik about the Goddess and trained him."

Victoria smiled, "Yes, I remember now from the class when someone asked you about it." Then she thought for a minute. "Erik, do you think she would let me interview her? It might be nice to do an article about the Pagan religion here, since it is so much like the Lyonness religion. You know, show people how alike we are."

Erik thought for a minute, "I'm not 100% sure Victoria, she's normally a very private person, like most Pagans, but with the times changing so much, she might. I can give you her contact info, she owns a shop up in the village."

Victoria smiled, "Thank you, Yes I think I will see if she'll talk to me."

Erik smiled, "Tell her I trust you, and that might help convincing her."

Victoria grinned, "Thank you Erik, I can't tell you how much that means to me for you to say that."

They talked some more and Erik said, "Look, it's been a long day and it's more than likely to worse tomorrow, so we need some sleep. So, if you don't mind, I think Katja and I will call it a night."

Their uncle walked them to the door and said he see them in the morning. Katja smiled saying, "I hope you have a good night uncle."

He smiled and made a shooing motion, "I'll certainly try."

He closed the door and he walked back over to table. Victoria stood and he pulled her into a hug and kissed her. He smiled at her and asked, "You going to be here early enough for breakfast?"

Victoria grinned and said. "I should be, after all, how far is from your bedroom to here." Then she kissed him.

Erik and Katja went to her quarters and once there she called Ariel. When she answered Katja heard a laugh saying. "Well it's about time you called. Are you at the ship?"

Katja laughed saying, "Yes, we got here some time ago and had dinner and some conversation with our uncle and the reporter Victoria. But I wanted to call to see how everything was there." Then Erik asked, "Have there been a bunch of reporters hanging around Ariel?"

Ariel laughed, "There was a few, but once they found out you two weren't here, they sort of disappeared. I think they may not be all that interested in you two that much now. I think there more worried about the people responsible and you're a foot note."

Erik and Katja smile at each other, Erik had hoped this would be the case. "Well, that certainly makes us happy." Erik laughed saying. "I sort of thought that might happen. We're not as interesting as a high up politician that went rogue."

Then Ariel asked seriously, "Do you need me to bring anything in with me tomorrow? Or do you have everything you two need?"