All Comments on 'Kibeho'

by Wilfu1

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
DenaliFXDenaliFX7 months ago

Horrifying images, quick but expansive in their discomfort and repetition, give the despair a reality that makes the sexual coupling and release so gripping. A horrible nightmare yielding to passion is so well described here - la petite mort surrounded by death and terror. This is a great job. For me it is emotionally dangerous in its fascination.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
Weighing horror against horror, he holds a decision...

...self-recrimination met unexpectedly with empathy, and together a reminder of humanity more basic to us than war -- then a smoke ("je veux seulement oublier, et depuis, je fume")

As a teenager I met 19-year-olds who came back from Vietnam as sergeants. I recognized them as dangerous because they'd killed, survived, been promoted, and led others in war, different from the kids/young adults I'd played with and been protected by at home. The older "warrior," who fights against pain and for compassion and healing -- a nurse, that was perfect.

Short is so much more difficult to do than long to communicate this much and so well. Thank you for sharing it.

bearsladybearsladyover 8 years ago

A short, sweet, hot (literally) interlude set against a backdrop of fear, pain and life/death.....you handled it well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous