All Comments on 'Kim Pt. 01'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write the same story, over and over. It was a decent story the first time. It gets worse every time you write it. Everyone knows you're going to RAAC it up, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pseudo-intellectual nonsense about a weak man who forgives treason 1*

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I hope you have the rest of this story written

From your opening remarks I'm not sure and hope we don't have to wait for weeks or months for the next and hopefully the final part.

The writing in this part was good but all we have really learned is that she is gorgeous and pregnant, potentially by someone else. I would like to have heard a bit more from the present before this part finished.

This is a 5 star story but I haven't scored it until I read the rest that hopefully comes out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So why do I feel he's in completely over his head? With all that happened, he believed her? The old saying that if there's smoke, there's fire applies in spades. The baby deal is a deal breaker and a divorce maker. Don't wait too long to finish this off. This has the makings of a train wreck of epic proportions.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

I stopped reading when all he could do was find reasons for her to divorce him.

Insecurity eats away at a person and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy: you believe you’re unworthy and sooner or later, you’ll make it come true.

Well, she cheated and she did because he had no confidence. Because he proved he was unworthy and honestly, she should just divorce him and leave him to unalive himself.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I can see why he responded like he didi!

5

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

An interesting start. She could have left a note for him instead of confiding to that secretary.

But the secretary was confident.

Waiting for the next part.

newtdudenewtdudeover 1 year ago

Way too much back story. The bit about her heading off with the ex-boyfriend was obviously important to know, but the whole "how we met" lead-up was just wasted words to me.

bioman57bioman57over 1 year ago

well done 1st part. interested in the next chapter..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh damn too unreal!

Your imagination is really too bad.

Literotica's truth is absolute:

-blacks are Alpha males

-blacks have the biggest cocks

-blacks are the best lovers

-and especially the blacks are not a poor pathetic cuckold.

This story is too stupid.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

Wow, can’t wait for part two, if it moves with this amount of storytelling its going to be a great ride.

I’m already cringing at her fall from grace, what is the circumstances that case her to cheat and is she remorseful, like truly remorseful. There is part of me thinking that ‘Martin’ is the other guy. I must admit there is a large part of me that is already cheering for reconciliation as opposed to a burn.

Great start, well written and waiting with anticipation for part II :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Long winded already 2*

And what is with all the so called catholics being ok with cheating on a spouse but can't possibly have an abortion?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's funny (stupid) this type of story where the guy is always the woman's mop, that he doesn't know how he managed to get her, doesn't know why she is married to him because well- of course she is just too beautiful, too sexy, too sexual, too smart, too perfect.....

In the end, it's not the husband who is simply stupid, it's the author.

OdiouserOdiouserover 1 year ago

Nice. I followed you so I can read the rest.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

why did u write the end in the beginning so we know that break up they wasnt going to last long and everything after that ending in the beginning made the rest pointless.

"Thank god, I thought I'd lost you. You will never regret that for the rest of your life." i guess this isnt true huh since we already know whats going to happen

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

Hmmm. I skipped a lot of it, once the back story started when I already knew they were together.

Removes any suspense of will they / won't they.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

with her presenting me with evidence that she had finally found someone better.

and we already know this isnt the case as well

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Ultimately it doesn’t matter if he’s the father or not, she cheated and that marriage died when she did. Let the lawyers have their pound of flesh, agree to child support if it’s his and get the hell away from her.

Of course this is a fantasy site so nothing resembling actions from the real world would dare to raise its ugly head here.

Expect a couple more chapters of angst from both MC’s, throw in some sage advice from family members, besties or a bartender or two before we get to the denouement which, based on this chapter is heavily leaning towards acceptance and reconciliation, but let’s hope for a few interesting twists and turns before we get there.

Very well written so let’s see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, my favorite Lit author is back. Good news

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why, oh why do writers have to draw out their stories to make a point? Tell your story and move on.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

Well plotted and well written.

A gripping story.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Keep up the good work.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

lets see where this goes.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Good start and it kept my interest of course.

Storytelling certainly isn't a weak point for you.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefutureover 1 year ago

Yeah hope there is a second part as other than the first few paragraphs the rest of the pages were all about the past, not something to grip the reader to be honest. Background work is good but needs to be balanced with present, there was none of that, it barely covered LW only with the first part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well if u want to do suspense …do it on a Tv Soap…I don’t have the patient to read two and something pages and wait one week or two for the next part!! Thanks but no thanks !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She slept with someone else, they divorce. No argument. So sad, too bad, bye bye, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Yes he's the sensitive type but she's a cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, now she’s exposed herself as a very very shitty person. Hopefully it snaps this idiot outta his fantasy that she’s the best he’ll ever get. Once he realizes he is the best she’ll ever get….and respects himself the better.

He should have left the first time she was caught in a series of lies. Being pretty isn’t that amazing. Being compatible is nice but not that rare. Loyalty is rare. She’s not loyal and he is. He may have self esteem issues, but he didn’t go off and bang some other woman long enough to get her pregnant. The sooner he gets over his puppy love the better. I’ll give her points for telling him the truth, but since her lover is white as snow…she kinda had to tell him. So I’m not actually that impressed. He can do better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

if you want to ignore absolutely regular medical possibilities (of western civilization) say that the story takes place in a time when this was still impossible but otherwise you can simply end this story after the middle of the first page.

the whole dragging syrup of how they met that spins out of this isn't very helpful either.

fact1 she has been fucked by someone else = divorce/therapy

fact2 the child is possibly not from husband = do a test, simple

fact3 depending on the result = a) he is the father then you can think about how much money he has to pay after a divorce or if he wants to join a couples therapy or b) he is not the father and the money issue is solved but there is a divorce

Since the basic concept is IMO very shaky even in a fiction, the reconcilation concept is as good as dead because it would be hard enough to make it believable after what she says, and BTB... there was too little drama for that.

It's really nothing but a standard statistical divorce. not worth three pages and certainly not worth a multi-chapter story

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

It's a bit grating even when regular books cut to a flashback right when things are left at an interesting point. If the author's good, I'll soldier on, but it takes some adjusting. For stories this short, that kind of back-and-forth makes for a very choppy flow where you're just waiting for the chorus to land. Instead we get the dreaded 'To Be Continued'. To be fair, the writing is good, just that I'm pretty done with this format.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great character, I feel for Ben.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Firstly, this type of woman would not go for a weak, spineless, pathetic guy like him. It just doesn't stack up. Plus, if he had any sort of backbone or self respect, when she told him that she was pregnant and that it might not be his, he should have immediately told her their marriage was over and he would be filing for divorce.

The fact that he didn't just proved how pathetic he was. Frankly, it wouldn't matter if the child turned out to be his. She was obviously a cheating slut. With all her travelling she had many opportunities to cheat. How many times had she cheated on him and how many different guys were there? It obviously wasn't the first time. Why would the cuck be prepared to put up with her cheating? She wouldn't even tell him who the other guy might be. The pathetic arsehole just ran away and did nothing regarding a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So far so good but as usual there is an ignored red flag early in the relationship. Also drinking wine while pregnant? Doesnt ask if this is the first guy and if she is still with him?

I smell a raac in the future.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

I'm quite curious about what happened to cause her infidelity. And, of course, all the rest - whose baby? will he stay? D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story. Looking forward to the next chapter(s) to see how you square the circle of Kim being anything but an overly entitled young woman who doesn't deserve any sympathy from the reader. Her statement to Martin that the MC overhears as the couple are going on their date is pretty unequivocal. She plainly must have refused the engagement as described because there was adverse consequences for her father's business. But the sex with another man while she and Ben were trying to get pregnant is at the top of the list of unforgivable things a woman can do to her husband. Anyway, thanks for the effort. 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Normally, I’d wait for the story to be complete before reading, but then I saw who the author was and got excited. I’m not expecting the remaining chapter(s) to appear quickly, but I’ll happily re-read this chapter once they appear. I’ve missed Andyhm, so I’ll probably just read some of his older stories as I wait. The world is a big place, so I can easily imagine characters like those in this story…even though I don’t know anyone like them. That’s one of the pleasures of fiction. This chapter was well written, as usual, with only a few minor problems (e.g., coral).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why make the past so long ? Its pretty useless when the first chapter is about the treason

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Lenard,

Shut up and wait for the rest of it you twit. Time enough to make judgements AFTER you have all the facts. Good fucking grief. I can be an a..hole in comments when a bigguy33 etc fucks up a story but I usually wait till AFTER the author is finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She's pregnant and drinking alcohol? Ben should leave her regardless of paternity.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Aha.... another story where the writer toys with his audience. She cheated, but she's beautiful and hot, and they love each other, so..... Well, I'm one who's all for reconciliation under the right conditions, and I predict this one will head in that direction. There was a reason she had sex with another man, we just have to wait and see. Looking forward to it. (if my scenario plays out, then no, she should NOT have dumped this on him without giving him the reason FIRST)

littleone35littleone35over 1 year ago

he should just move on, find a new love that respect him, no need to stay

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unless he’s going to grow some balls don’t bother to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. Finally a story where the black man is the cuck, which happens more than one thinks. It was a shitty story, one not worth reading, especially from this writer.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 1 year ago

Great start, Andy. I’m sure the 5* beginning will finish just as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good writing!

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Looking forward to the next part! :)

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

A story of two very broken people, but broken in two different ways. A man trying to prove himself and make his own way but influenced by a...a "family" I use that term loosely. A family that keeps trying to make him less.

A woman raised in luxury and trying to rebel and looking for an adventure in life to take part in. It's going to be a rough ride.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

I'm engaged in the story and hate that I have to wait for chapter 2.

That being said, it's kind of annoying when the big reveal is done at the beginning of the story and then we have to wade through the back story before we get back to the current events that we're really wanting to read about.

The whole domineering family is understandable to a degree. Obviously she didn't know about the engagement party after dinner so, she can't be held accountable for that and she did say no. But, knowing Ben had heard what she said about him and not immediately going after him ... Kinda hard to say she loves him after that. She out what her ex boyfriend and family would think ahead of how Ben would feel after what he'd heard. Shows her true priorities in an undeniable way. Should have slipped out the back and stayed gone after that.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 1 year ago

A good start, and im enjoying this a great deal, but as usual, I'll refrain from voting until it's finished.

Slick742Slick742over 1 year ago

Nothing but heartache. I hope she didn’t get pregnant to have a white kid for her parents. 5*****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Yes, he is weak. However, she stepped up. I wasn't all that interested at first, but the 2nd half grew on me. I'm looking forward to the reading the destruction that I suspect is coming.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Three pages of introduction is a bit, no, a lot much. Looking forward to see how you treat your wimpy character, if you give him a spine or not. She is just a typical character, a slut who's sorry for doing what she wanted to do.

irinmikeirinmikeover 1 year ago

Story line is great. My only problem with it is the wayyou slipped back in time, however I saw it was necessary to set up the rest of the plot line. Just like the Martin interlude while they were in college, I will assume that the pregnancy by another anglo saxon was a total mistake. However, I await how you are going to make that realistic. His princess takes herself off birth control in a happy marriage and then fucks "someone", or as she stated, "he is noone". One does not recover from "little mistakes" like this for one very obvious reason. If she can come up with any reason why she fucked this "no one", knowing she was fertile and let him cum in her, she is a coniving bitch. You will finishthe story how ever you desire, but our poor hero appears stuck because he does not have enough balls to take this bitch to task. She has been characterized as always getting what she wants, and surrounded by money and priviledged people who think the world revolves around them. If you can write the next part of this story into a reasonable reason why our hero stays with this bitch, I will proclaim you a master story teller!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

This guy is pathetic. Classic beta-male who, for many reasons, doesn't have a spine left.... And, he'll forgive her after she has the baby and will raise someone else's bastard because he doesn't have any moral fiber.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

Here's a tip:

When you're writing a loving wives story and the husband finds out that his wife was unfaithful, do not then do a lengthy flashback to how the couple met. I don't give a shit.

-

At the start of this chapter, we've already established that the wife is a lying, cheating whore. I no longer care about how romantic is was when they got together, I just want to know how he's going to divorce the slut and get some revenge on her for ripping his heart out.

-

If a wife tells her husband that she's pregnant... but isn't sure if he's the father, the marriage is burned to the ground. There is no way you can ever recover from that level of emasculation and betrayal. Any man that forgives and reconciles under those conditions is a pathetic, spineless cuckold, and not someone I'd ever want to associate with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyable but I am not a fan of the standard LW format of "present - flashback explaining how they got together - present". Also hope he actually sticks to his guns and doesn't reconcile with her. She cheated with the type of guy she always went out with, Ben is an anomaly, she will cheat again. She has too much opportunity to cheat for her to deserve his trust again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I already see the ending. Her father hired the Blond Stud to fuck her. He's been shacked up with Ben's mother, who has been using a strap-on, on daddy. Ben decides his actually Gay, so in the end everyone wins!

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

When she would not stand up for him, when her ex showed up, this should have been the first red flag she did not really respect him.

When she just casually announced the child might not be his and she screwed someone else, he needed to show some self respect and leave her. If the baby is his pay child support, but definitely leave as she does not care about him or his feelings.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

I never understand the story arc of

1. I just found out my wife is a cheating slut

2. lets go back in time to show you what a good person this lying whore is

/

This is why Morty killed the lighthouse keeper

.

But lets recap, his wife is sooooooo spineless she cant tell her old boyfriend to piss off, soooooo spineless she tells her boyfriend that no she aint letting the colored guy touch her, but no so spineless she wont physically assault her parents for sitting ringside as the guy SHE TOLD THEM she was dating proposes?

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

3* Oh my goodness, what a lonnnggg expository background about a weak character. You really beat that horse to death over and over. I hope chapter 2 is better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s a good start, impatiently awaiting the next chapter

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Nope the path is clear, NO CHEATING ALLOWED or he's a cuck, he's already a wimp so becoming a cuck is no great leap. All that is left to know is if the child is his or not to determine IF child care is warranted.

\

What is more disheartening is how the writer is trying to muck up the story with all the wishy-washy masking the actual infidelity betrayal. This attempt has dropped the from 4/Interesting to 3/Average & wimpy. Why is this in LW when it should be Interracial?

\

"Nothing to see here, these are not the droids you are looking for --- move along."

\

3***, hooyah....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reaaly pathetic cuck story..Grow some

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 1 year ago

You write very well, which is like a breath of fresh air on this site. I await your next chapter! Cheers!

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

This part was very good. Going to give it a five. Not a big fan of RAAC and I wonder at his reaction. However the 'I always thought you would trade up sooner or later.) But he needs answers to who and maybe why although that is because she had and itch and the opportunity to scratch it. Why do it knowing she was risking a pregnancy is the question..

Hope we don;t wait to long to find out.

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

Andyhm and Lovecraft stories posted the same day! Oh Joy! And this didnt disappoint as an intro it is an easy 5. Hope you posted consecutively so we can follow along and not forget anything previous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When that young man's mother said he'd never amount to anything, just like his father, the old dog should have hit her hard enough she'd starve to death bouncing. Kim is nothing but a slut, get rid of her any way you can...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of the best I've ever read on LW. I feared the MC , in putting Kim up on a pedestal and drip feeding the message that he was not worthy of her was simply going to produce a self fulfilling prophecy and that would be that but there is so much more going on here. The back story about how they met, which is something that usually makes me tear my hair out in frustration in other stories, actually did serve to build the story and the characters rather than just being the usual pointless padding. I also liked that the MC is mixed race and his white wife has cheated on him with a white man. This turns on it's head the insidious narrative we are used to being fed that while black men invariably have unfeasibly enormous penises and limitless sexual drive, which no white woman could possibly be expected to resist, they are inherently untrustworthy and have nothing to offer to society other than their prowess in the bedroom. Now we have a white man who's the bad guy and a non white man who isn't. Mix that in with wealthy white sense of entitlement and we have a potentially volatile cocktail. I can't wait to read more. 5 stars plus.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Great start. Out you go Kim. Was Martin a very white, blue eyed blonde?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

You are an excellent writer. It is a shame that a difference in opinion cause you to stifle your talents. Looking forward to your continuing this piece.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 1 year ago

Cultural sexual mores are interesting. I knew a couple once, American husband and English wife. As she explained it to me in England it is expected that the man shows proper "restraint" when it comes to dating/unmarried sex. American culture is (or used to be!) that the women show restraint or not. The woman is to be wooed and "worn down" by the more aggressive male. When this couple first met they ended up in the sack quite quickly and unexpectedly because nobody put the brakes on! But also then ended up married. He was USAF and stationed in England during the 1960's.

I have already read pretty much everything this author has written and he seems to illustrate these mores - at least in some ways. Pretty much all of his MC males are quite reserved and "shy" and almost timid acting. Most of his main women characters are viewed as superior in most ways and more aggressive as far as wooing and relationship building.

Other male characters are more like the "Ugly American" trope. It is quite understandable once viewed this way. American servicemen really were pretty detested by English males in WW2. Because they did NOT treat English women with proper respect and decorum. So many English women were impregnated by Americans during WW2 it was all handled as misdemeanor type "crimes" and the Americans had to each pay a pittance as standard "child support". Of course 70,000 women also became American brides and came to USA with their American husbands.

Based on his other stories, this wife will have been basically "raped" by the other man and after much angst a reconciliation will occur. I can't see this husband suddenly getting any significant "manhood" back in how he treats her. Oh well. This author IS a good writer. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

People are so odd trying to tell you about your characters and how your story should go as if there is only one kind of person, and only one way a story can evolve. My best advice is dont listen to the rabble. The story was good. Ok I have 2 things but they are my personal likes and dislikes. Dont get too wound up in song lyrics (my personal dislike). Secondly why do people publish their stories in parts? There is a good chance many people will miss seeing part 2, or if they missed part 1 they wont look at part 2. Obviously not a criticism aimed at you as many people do it. Thanks for the story/

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I am happy to see a new story by Andyhm, one of the best writers on the site. As always, the story being told is a good one, and well written. I think the 50 ways stuff added nothing, and could’ve been edited out, but the rest of it is top notch. I very much look forward to reading the rest of this tale, and thanks, Andyhm, for your contributions to this site. As a certain character once said, may I have more, please? 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very interesting and well-written story. Waiting for part 2. Four stars ⭐️ so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I'm trying to say that I slept with another man around the time this baby was conceived.”

You better have some insane proof that you were raped or you will just be another single mom raising a child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1. Not rating this until it is finished. Unfortunately who knows how long this will take.

2. Getting really tired of multi-part stories...because they can take so long to end.

3. Some never are finished and we are left without "closure".

4. To much time is spent (wasted) rereading previous parts in order to refresh the story line. The primary reason is due to so many of the stories being clones of one another.

I will say that although this story has an interracial married couple, I don't see it as an Interracial Love story. The reason is due to the treatment of the characters and the lack of clichés regarding black vs white physiology, mentality and demeanor. The topic of skin tone is used as a plot supporting device in lieu of a hammer and anvil combination to pursue humiliation and degradation. This story (at least this first chapter) is a good example of how to use race in the Loving Wives category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write technically well.

But in all seriousness...the only way you could have written a more pathetic MC? Is if you actually had him in the room while she rutted with her lover...sanctioning it and encouraging her to have a baby with someone else.

His reaction to hearing that the supposed love of his life had unprotected sex during her fertile time...knowing they were trying to have a child. His simpering self-loathing during the back story. His running away after hearing her put him down to her rich boyfriend. When he takes her back unquestioningly after she tracks him down at his internship.

Pretty fucking pathetic.

Here are the proper responses.

You hear her tell her rich BF "he's helping me with an art project and that's all. He is just a friend. Nothing else."

You step around the corner into the light. "Hey there guys. It was good to hear all of that straight from your mouth. As a friend I wish you two the best. The truth just makes everything easier. She's all yours champ. I'd be a bit concerned about loyalty in the future tho if I was you mate. Have fun you two." And you walk away. Block her number. Done.

When she tracks you down at the internship. And makes a scene and you take it outside.

"Look you lying cunt. There's a reason I'm not responding to you and don't have my phone on. It's not exactly hard for you to figure out why. I don't want you here. I do not want you around me. I do not need liars and toxic people in my life. So allow me to tell you as plainly as possible. Fuck off out of here."

And lastly. A proper response to a wife telling her husband that the baby they have been trying for may not be his?

"Well...at this point. Even if this baby is mine? We are done. Pack your shit. And get the fuck out of this house. You come from money. You can go buy 4 houses better than this. So leave me this house and just get the fuck out. I'll give you 90 minutes and then I'll start moving your shit out, and I won't be all that gentle about it either. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to see if we can get past this. You are a liar. I just learned you are capable of just about anything. That is not someone I can share a life with. Invitro DNA tests can be done safely now. So...the only thing I want to hear from you or your solicitor about is where I go to have my DNA extracted. And then whether this child is mine or not. If it is mine? Then I'll have to bear being around you at the time of the birth. I'll be respectful. But don't push things. I'll pay child support and we'll work out my time with my child as he/she grows. If it isn't my child? Well...then I'll never have to see or speak to you again. So in a way...I kind of hope it's a bastard. That way getting over you and this betrayal will be so much faster and easier. I can cut you completely out of my life forever. Now. Clock's ticking. Get to packing you cheating bitch. 90 minutes. And believe me. You will be out of this house in an hour and a half one way or another."

Those are the proper responses to any one of these situations.

See...you do not have to go on and on through pages and pages of dialogue. And give us all the back story. Or have 3 or more angst filled installments...where the characters test the limits of true love...

Meh. In real life...a man's wife tells him to his face "hey honey...you know how I got off birth control a few months ago? We have been trying to get pregnant? I've been tracking my cycle to know exactly when my fertile periods are? Well I'm pregnant...but I had unprotected sex with another man during one of those fertile periods. But I also had sex with you during that same time...I gave you sloppy seconds. Don't be mad. There's a chance it could be yours. I'm just letting you know." A wife says this (or a similar variation) over coffee one morning?

It's game over. Done. They'll be dividing assets in the next 90 days. DNA tests to determine exact parentage. Working out details. It's all over. There is no reconciliation. There is no consideration. There's just love crossing the thin line to hate. And the end of the relationship.

Here is the guarantee. If a cheater admits to one affair? Guaranteed there have been at least 2 others they are not admitting to having.

This wealthy, entitled bitch travels all the time for work. Has ample opportunity to cheat and never be caught. So...if she cheated this time...and might be caught because the baby's racial characteristics cannot be hidden so she has to admit to it? Guaranteed she has cheated multiple times before this. That's just human nature.

I was caught between giving this story a 2 or a 3 star rating. Simply because the writing is decent. But in the end. The sorry way the MC was written. His unbelievable reactions. And the fact we are forced to wait through more installments with only a short introduction to the main conflict?

It's 2 stars for me.

LNRAstroLNRAstroover 1 year ago

Meh! Probably would do better if it were longer or other chapters were already published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well im hooked............... am book marking, I knew i SHOULD have waited until the complete story was posted (being a former brit, I understood better the back story)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5* and certainly a well crafted story as you can tell by the emotional handwring of some of the comments. I like the main character. So what if he isn't an obnoxious alpha male. He is obviously intelligent, good looking and nice but somewhat lacking in confidence because of his famiily and posssibly mixed race. Give me someone like that rather than an alpha asshole any day.

anon.1

WonderlustoveredWonderlustoveredover 1 year ago

Nice start. I'm not sure where this story is going which is probably what is keeping my interest. Looking forward to part 2

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Second comment. I have read the comments and see that no one has considered that she may have been drugged or forced in some way. All she has said is that the baby may not be his. I hope part 2 comes out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can’t really believe the negative tone of many earlier comments. Beautiful writing. Great introduction to a promised follow-on. Looks like a train wreck may be coming, but the couple weathered a rocky start. Im looking forward to reading more.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This poor guy has a permanent "kick me" sign taped to his back. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story isn't finished of course. Don't bother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon from a lityle while back has it right: looks are really not rare, and in truth affection will grow almost anywhere when two people are somewhat compatible, stay in close proximity, and don't hurt each other. What's rare is trustworthiness and loyalty. Love is like a weed, it will grow. But character is rare, that's what should be sought after. Obviously this woman is rather lacking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even an immature mind can realize physical beauty in a woman is not grounds for lifelong servitude

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 1 year ago

If an author has the story already written, I wish they would just post the whole thing. I'm not saying that is the case here but there's little reason not to.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

An interesting start. I’m curious as to where this story goes and how well developed it is. Unfortunately, quite a few of these multi part stories have an excellent start, setting the hook, the. Fail to deliver on the later parts.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

I think perhaps your earlier editor might've found issue with the long, long backstory, some of which, just serves to slow down the story. Remember, the reader is on tenterhooks. However, unlike most LW stories containing a long, interminable backstory (e.g. '...and on our ninth date, we went to Mazzito's, whose rigatoni is legendary, because it's made from...'). No, I was pleasantly surprised, because while it was slow-moving and over-deliberate at times, it gave the reader what every writer should: a reward for time spent reading. Further, it invested the reader in the characters and most importantly, created sustainable, visible imagery which is the set dressing of the Theater Of The Mind. The continuing allusion to '50 Ways' felt a little strenuous, at times, but that's entirely a stylistic reaction on my part. On the whole, this is a stunningly-plotted and fantastically-written piece which, I feel, is totally wasted on 90% of the commenters here. To them, unless MC feeds his miscreant wife into a woodchipper, it will be adjudicated 'cuck sh*t'. For the remaining 10% who appreciate talent and quality FICTION writing, WRITE ON!!! 5++++/5!

Fredred55Fredred55over 1 year ago

Great start to what I’m expecting to another classic by this author.

Ignore all the dimwits and their “critique”. Obviously they haven’t read your prior work or have a very different opinion on what a real story is. I’m excited for what’s to come. It’s been too long a wait and it’s great to see your name on a new story. Thank you for the effort

hectarehectareover 1 year ago

I might be in the minority but so far so good. I agree with the previous comment about flashbacks when what we really want to know what's next. Otherwise, regardless of the other commenters binary viewpoints, reasons matter.

As for Ben refusing to raise another man's child, that's immaturity. I have two adopted children, sperm doesn't matter. Actually the best revenge is to take, keep and raise the child and deny it to the sperm donor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anonymous "if you want to ignore absolutely regular...." has actually said everything which is needed.

kage440kage440over 1 year ago
Great Start, can't wait for for Part 2.

A good start, no great start. on pins and needles waiting for par 2. I want to find out how ben handles the child and how the relationship goes.

It could go any number of ways. Once that is fleshed out, i think it'll be like George Anderson;'s February Sucks. Lots more options as to how the story goes.

Excellent start.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

At some point our hero, Ben, needs to grow a pair.

Nice start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The dude had 8 years. He should have been lifting those 8 years. Dude is pretty much black and he would be jacked. Even if you had the balls to do this to a jacked black dude the jacked black dude can easily find someone new.

Also the wife should have terminated and they should have just kept trying without saying a word if she wanted play this game. This actually makes me suspect something more is going on.

Given the family racism I think she was forced to have a white baby. Money or threat of being taken out of the will or something. She knows 100% that the baby isn't her husbands and the part about "if I knew for sure it was his I would have aborted it" is a straight up lie.

For any redemption there needs to be coercion or rape. No "We was drunk" crap. And the coercion needs to be REALLY good.

Also the babys father is clearly her ex's.

What would really burn my biscuits is if she's one of those rich liberals that is all social justice and even go as far as marry a black guy (just to stick it to them!) but when it really comes down to it is really just racist and can't stand the thought of having a non white child. Or says some crap about how what she did was a good thing because look at how hard he had it being colored so HIS kid has a better chance.

I looked it up and they can totally get a paternity test before the abortion deadline. Watch out for her making excuses not to get the paternity test.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why?!

If really think your girl/woman is way above you and your fears are there Don't!

Stupid people deserve what they get

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this installment of (I hope) more to come. I found myself reaching the last page and feeling my heart sink... I want more. Thanks for all the work to give us some free entertainment. It is appreciated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Kim Pt. 02 Next Part
Kim Series Info