Kiss the Darkness Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alexander enjoyed helping in the gardens and he loved to feed and care for the animals. He had a small cat that followed him around anywhere that he went and he adored the animal. It was his best friend as a child since his grandmother never let him stray too far from the house. The house they lived in was a large stone structure, grand at one point, but in recent years it had fallen into disrepair. One whole wing had been closed off because it was too dangerous to use anymore. Alexander shared a bed room with his grandmother on the second floor of the house while the servants slept in a room in back of the kitchen.

Alexander slept on a straw filled mattress on the floor. He insisted that his grandmother take the only bed they owned, though as a young child he would often crawl into the bed with her and snuggle close. Especially during the cold winter months. He loved to lay beside her, her arms wrapped tightly around him. Often she would sing to him and he would drift off to the sound of her voice and the sweet smell of lilac that always seemed to follow her. The carefree years that Alexander spent at his grandmothers side was perhaps the happiest he'd ever been in his life. He had never wanted for things. Even the few hand crafted toys that he owned were enough.

He had food enough to eat, fine clothing that his grandmother had made-she was quite the accomplished seamstress-and he had love. What more did he need? Time; time was what he needed, he realized a bit too late. More time with his grandmother. More time to understand what she had tried to tell him that night. More time to realize that his world was about to come crashing down around him. If he'd had more time, perhaps he could have saved her. If he'd had more time, perhaps things would have turned out differently.

He stopped at the top of the stairs. He'd reached the third floor without even realizing it. The memories of his past had come upon him so quickly and just as quickly faded away as he was brought back to reality. He held his candle out so that he could illuminate the dark hallway that stretched out before him. His rooms were the only rooms present on the third floor and while it left him with the privacy he craved, it also left him feeling very alone. For the past few months he'd felt more alone than he ever had in his life. He was becoming used to that feeling but then he met Christian.

When he'd first seen Christian, when he'd heard him call out to him in the forest, Alexander was terrified. He'd stepped out of the darkness and found the first true moments of glee sitting by the lake that he'd nearly forgotten all that had happened to him over the past few months. He was able to laugh again and felt for the first time like the carefree child he'd once been. Then he heard a man call out to him and when he tuned and saw the man coming towards him all the pain of the past came flooding back into his mind. He jumped up from the rock he'd been sitting on and ran.

He hoped that once he disappeared into the thicket of the trees the man would leave and he would be safe, but the man pursued him, calling out to him and so Alexander hid. Even after he'd revealed himself he wasn't entirely sure about the two men who'd found him. He was suspicious of their motives and so he decided not to trust them, though that was easier said then done. The first time he looked into Christians amber eyes he saw a goodness there that he couldn't quite explain. He knew, deep in his heart, that Christian would never harm him, and so he agreed to go with him. Amos on the other hand he still was unsure about. Though he seemed kind, there was something about him that told Alexander not to trust the man.

He was almost somewhat relieved when Amos had disappeared. He was more at east around Christian and he enjoyed their long walk together. More than that, he enjoyed the kiss they shared. He didn't know why he'd allowed Christian to kiss him, but as he drew closer to him, Alexander was unable to pull away. Instead he allowed Christian to embrace him and he allowed him to kiss him, and Alexander felt himself giving in to that kiss as though it were the most natural thing in the world. He was more than just a little disappointed when they had to say goodnight. He wanted that Kiss to go on forever.

As he was standing in the darkened corridor now he found himself wishing that Christian were there beside him, holding him close in the darkness. He wanted to feel Christian's strong arms around him. He wanted to lay his head against his chest and hear the soft rhythm of his heart. He could still feel him, the way he embraced him earlier in the night. He could still smell the mixed scent of musk and ale. He remembered the way his vest felt as he slid his finger tips over the cool leather before resting his hand over his heart.

Alexander's head was swimming as he thought about him. He felt almost dizzy and he swayed in the half light as he made his way to the door of his rooms. His mind was a fog of fevered emotion. Could he actually be falling in love?

Alexander pushed the key into the lock and at once the door eased open. He stepped inside, setting the candle on a near by table then went about lighting a gas lamp that he found just inside the door.

At once the room lit up in a soft incandescent glow revealing the layout of the room. Alexander gasped when he saw the beauty of what lay before him. The rooms consisted of a small sitting room, with an adjoining bed chamber. A large fire place took up most of the far wall. To his left was a small drop leaf table with two elegant looking wicker chairs. In the center of the room was a small sofa covered by a quilted blanket and on either side of the sofa were two upholstered parlor chairs.

Picking up the gas lamp, Alexander made his way through the sitting room and into the bedchamber. There he was met by a simple twin bed with a box style country frame. He sat the lamp down on a side table and ran to the bed, excited. It wasn't something large and grand that one might find in the palace but it was more than what he was used to. He threw himself on the mattress and lay back, sinking into the softness of it. To his surprise it was stuffed with cotton or possibly goose down rather than the knitted bag of hay that he'd grown accustomed to.

The mattress was covered with a heavy wool blanket and there was a pillow situated near the head board. He grabbed the pillow and hugged it to his body, laughing at the feel of it. Never in his life had he ever had such a thing and it felt amazing just holding it against him. He suddenly felt like a grand duke or at the very least the Lord of a major household.

At the end of the bed sat a small chaise lounge, and on the wall near the window was a small wooden armoire. It was all so much and yet he couldn't help but be thrilled with the sight of it all. Of course rooms such as this were probably common place to Christian but for a common country boy such as Alexander was, it was like a fairy tale.

He rolled onto his side and took in all that he saw. He was almost scared to fall asleep. He was almost certain that he would wake in the morning and see that it had all been but a dream. He'd find himself laying beneath a tree in the forest on a bed of fallen leaves, shivering as the morning dew coated his body. No, he told himself. This was no dream. He was really there, laying on a bed, holding a pillow and he had earlier been in the company of probably the most handsome man he'd ever seen in his life.

The only thing missing now was his grandmother. How he wished she could see him now and see how happy he was. He knew that she would approve of Christian. What did it matter if he was a man? As long as Alexander was happy, his grandmother would have been happy for him. He wondered suddenly what his parents would think. His mother would be kind and pleased that Alexander had found someone that made him happy.

Would his father have approved though? It suddenly occurred to him that he knew very little about his father.

What his grandmother had told him was that he was a very kindhearted and loving man, and he was completely devoted to Alexander's mother.

Alexander hoped that his father would be pleased with him and somehow he thought that he would.

Alexander rolled onto his back once more and yawned. It was late and he was exhausted. The day had gone by so fast and the hours that he'd spent in the Tavern with Christian seemed to race past him without his even knowing it. Suddenly it was night and another day had gone. Alexander had been so invested in his conversation with Christian that he had completely forgotten how hungry he was. He supposed Christian would have bought him something if he'd asked but he wasn't about to presume anything.

Still, he was painfully aware of his hunger now, and it was a long time till breakfast. He sat up and reached into the inside pocket of his vest and pulled out a small bit of bread and cheese that he had wrapped in a scrap of cloth. He opened it and looked at the small portions that were left. While in the forest he'd found some wild berries but they hadn't been very filling. He'd eaten them for something different and also to conserve what little food he'd had left. The berries were tasty, but nothing like his grandmother's home cooking. How he longed to taste her venison stew, or smell the sweet, delectable, aroma of her potato soup.

He suffered then with the realization that he would never again taste those things. She was gone, and the life that he'd shared with her was but a memory. He broke off a corner of the bread and along with a small bit of the cheese, stuffed it into his mouth. It wouldn't satisfy his growing hunger, but it was enough to get him through the night. The rest of the food he wrapped up once more and returned it to his pocket. He could rest now, and he knew that he would sleep well.

Stripping off his clothing, he crawled into the bed naked and covered himself with the wool covering. As soon as his head hit the pillow he was out. Sleep came upon him like an old friend and within minutes he was dreaming sweet dreams of a by gone time. A time when he was happy, a time when the world made sense. When he awoke he would be thrust back into the hard reality of what his life was now. But during the night, he was home again, at his grandmother's side, and the world was a beautiful place.

____________________________________________________________

Christian tried to sleep but the entire night his thoughts kept going back to Alexander. He'd never met anyone like the boy and he was eager to see him once more. The first time he'd really had the opportunity to look at him, to take him in, was when they had said goodnight outside the boarding house. He was astonished by the beauty of the boy. He almost didn't look human. His eyes were an unusual shade of violet and his skin though pale in contrast to his dark hair, was perfectly flawless. His lips were naturally pink and full and the shape of his face was soft and round like a child's but with a thin chin that came to a point like a woman's.

His features were also delicate and demure. His tiny nose was slender. His eyes were shaped like almonds and his mouth was small though when he smiled it lit up his face. Everything about him seemed so delicate from his slender swan like neck to his feminine like hands. His shoulders were narrow, though it was hard to tell through the layers of clothes he had on, but he did appear to have an abnormally small frame for a male.

His waist was also quite small and his hips were thin and straight, though there was a slight curve to his butt. He was shorter than Christian as he stood at probably five feet and three to four inches as apposed to Christian who was around five foot seven. Still, Alexander was a bit taller than the average woman who stood about five feet and one to two inches. The aesthetic details weren't much of a concern to Christian really.

Not that he could have said that about his past conquests. Beauty had always been a determining factor when it came to his sexual partners. With Alexander though he was more attracted to his personality and his spirit. That's not to say that Christian didn't feel his passions stir when he looked at the young man because they did, but it wasn't what he truly cared about. There was more to Alexander than just his body, as visually pleasing as it was. It was the connection Christian felt that drew him them together. A connection that even the Gods could not destroy.

As day broke and the light of the three suns of Apra leaked into his bedroom window, Christian found himself rising from his disturbed slumber feeling strangely revitalized. He dressed quickly, rushing the chamber maids through their daily grooming rituals as they hastily attempted to preform their duties. He dismissed them as they attempted wash his hair and only opted to tie it back with a black ribbon. Even his parents were astonished to see him come early to the breakfast table. More so when he inhaled his food as though he were starving, despite protests from his mother that he would make himself sick.

When he had finished he excused himself from the table, kissing his mother on the cheek before turning towards the door. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" His father asked suspiciously.

"I have a few things that I need to attend to this morning."

Guillame raised an eyebrow. "Just remember our conversation." He snapped. "Lord and Lady Donovan will be joining us for dinner. I expect you to be present."

Christian turned and looked at his father sternly. "I will be there." He said with venom in his voice. "But my presence is all that I can offer you."

Guillame narrowed his eyes as he rose from the table, slamming his fist down so hard that it shook the goblets of wine causing droplets of burgundy liquid to stain the linen table cloth. "So help me boy if you shame me before these people..."

Maudlin placed a hand on her husband wrist and smiled sweetly. "Dear one, let us not ruin a splendid day with harsh words. I am sure that when the time comes, our son with do us both proud." She turned to Christian and nodded as though to say go on.

Christian bowed to his mother, and to his father, then sped out of the morning room so quickly one would think the devil were at his heels.

Guillame sat back down, his mind racing. He cupped his chin as he watched the doorway. Common sense told him that the Prince had more than just errands to run. Motioning for one of his attendants, Guillame leaned over in his seat and spoke softly, as not to alert his wife. "Go and fetch me a page. Have him follow the Prince and then report back to me. I want to know where he goes and what he's up too. Tell the page to be discreet though, we must not let the Prince know that he's being spied on."

"Yes my liege." The attendant bowed then excused himself to carry out the King's orders.

Maudlin looked at her husband questioningly. "Gill, what are you up to?"

"Never you mind that." Guillame shoved a large piece of meat into his mouth as he dismissed his wife's concerns.

She looked to him and frowned. "Take care how you manage your house, my dearest. We have precious few children left for you to drive away."

___________________________________________________________

Christian considered whether or not to tell Amos of his plans then thought better of it. For all he knew Amos could have run straight to his father and ruined everything. Christian ordered his horse to be brought to him and then dismissed the guard who protested that Christian should not leave the palace unattended.

"I'll be fine." Christian assured him. "My prowess with a sword has never been in question."

"As you wish your highness." The guard handed him the reins to the horse and then stood back as the Prince rode off on his own.

It had been some time since Christian had felt this exhilarated. He couldn't wait to see Alexander again and hopefully share another passionate kiss with him. He made it half way to the boarding house when a very important fact that had until now slipped his mind found its way suddenly to the fore front of his thoughts. If he were to win Alexander's affections he couldn't very well show up empty handed. After all, if he truly intended to court the boy how would it look if he did not come bearing gifts?

He immediately drew his horse to a halt then directed it back towards town. He had to find something suitable for a young man. Not something so meaningless such as flowers or sweets. That's the kind of thing he would bring a fool young maiden whom he intended to deflower. On the other hand it couldn't be something too intimate. That might give Alexander the wrong impression. He racked his brain trying to come up with the perfect gift. 'Damn.' He thought to himself. 'What do you get for a young man to show him your affections?'

As he considered the possibilities he suddenly remembered one very important fact. Alexander had lost all of his belongings when his horse threw him. "That's where I shall start." Christian smiled, obviously pleased with himself. "Rather than some useless trinket that says I want nothing more than a meaningless shag, I will get him something that he actually needs." It was perfect and he knew just where to look. "Lets go boy." He kicked the horses sides and on cue, the horse galloped obediently down the street.

_____________________________________________________

Hutchinson's finery was the foremost shop in the city. They had everything from kitchen wears to ladies undergarments. They were a bit on the expensive side but that was expected when your intent was to procure the best that one had to offer; and Hutchinson's did carry the best of everything.

Since the shop was in the more wealthy end of the city, Christian's presence there was fairly unremarkable. He was recognized of coursed, but it wasn't uncommon for him to be seen around persons of high society. This pleased him as he didn't really have the time to greet the public. Christian tied his horse off and went into the shop. Almost at once he was greeted by the head clerk, a short, stout, middle aged man with greasy hair and a thick, full mustache that completely covered his upper lip.

"Your majesty." The man bowed, showing the thin spot of hair on the top of his head. "What an honor it is to have you grace us with your presence. May I show you around? We have many new and imported items. The very best colognes. A jade pendant all the way from Emedell, or perhaps something more intimate? I have a lovely selection of fabrics all the way from Taesi. If you're shopping for a particular young lady perhaps I can interest you in a gown fit for a Queen. I have a glorious piece that just arrived today. Emerald green with a gold leaf hem. I'm sure your lady would look stunning in it."

"That all sounds very nice, but I afraid it's not quite what I am looking for." Christian moved past the man and walked around the shop looking over the merchandise that was on exhibit. Nothing really stood out to him as exceptional though. He couldn't show up with just any old common item. It had to be unique. Something that would stand out. Something that was as special and as breathtaking as Alexander was to him.

He walked passed the pendants but none of them would do. They were all very pretty but also too common place and quite frankly too feminine. On the wall behind the jewel case were various tapestries and pieces of wall art. What good would that do Alexander when he had no house of his own in which to display them? Next he saw a porcelain tea set, hand painted, and very ornate, but once again what use would Alexander have for that? It wasn't as though the boy were planning to entertain guests anytime soon. Other than Christian, who did he know in the city?