Kya

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once 'Two Bits' was tied up in the Marina, they sat down in a hotel room and Nate discussed ideas which Kate would reject or acknowledge. They finally settled on the idea of a bar, both of them liked to be with people, and a bar seemed like a good idea to not only keep them busy, but also to keep memories alive.

Finding the building wasn't hard. They found an old Warehouse in the Height-Ashbury district. It had been a bar for a long time, then a warehouse, then abandoned. It was a mess, but still had a lot of potential. Based on the crappy condition of the structure, Nate managed to negotiate a price break from 'Oh My God!' down to 'You've Got to be Kidding Me!'. Money was not really an issue, but Nate refused to just take something at face value, and the place would need a lot of work.

The loft was a surprise. The stairway was rickety and broken, and Nate found out the hard way by hearing Kate cry out and racing up found her halfway through the broken stairs as she had been climbing them to look up top and they had broken away. He managed to pull her back up with only a couple of scrapes, and then they both dodged the broken and rotten boards to finish the climb, and found ... paradise.

A loft that had maybe 8 foot ceilings, covering the entire top of the bar, so maybe three thousand square feet. All fully boarded over and solid, no sign of wood rot or anything else. It could easily be made into living accommodations for them, and it was.

Nate learned pretty quick to let Kate do her part, and her part was fantastic. She had become an architect while he had been in the Navy, and she had a definite eye for the work. Within a week she had drafted up full floor plans for the bar remodel, and for the two loft apartments that were going to be built upstairs. She would spend the mornings drawing, handing him finished work with that little huff she always did, then be onto the next one.

The afternoons, they both spent cleaning and clearing junk. There was a lot of debris as the place had been left alone for more than a decade, but it was all surface. The underlying structure was solid, except for the stairs to the lofts. Those were completely ripped out and a set of solid metal stairs were installed. They were still steep, just like the stairways on a ship, but Nate made sure the rails were padded rubber so they were always a good solid grip, and the stairs themselves were rippled to ensure that even if they were soaked, they would not let you slip.

They named the bar 'Jake's Place', after Dad. Kate put up an old photo that showed all of them at a Naval reunion which also included the Admiral and some other old Navy buddies of Dad's, and all the other photos that had been in storage were pulled out and used to decorate the place. By the time they were ready to look for staff, the buzz in the district was already hot, this place was going to be a traditional bar, but it was friendly, and it was kinda hip too.

Charlene was the first waitress they hired, she was sharp and looked good too. Nate could see immediately that Kate was attracted to her, but she kept her distance, had to be professional. Charlene had been working at some clubs and lounges, but wanted to be closer to home, so this place would work well. She also had bookkeeping skills, so she was willing to help out with the accounting as needed.

Shirley was too old, in Nates' opinion, but he couldn't turn her away once she walked in, took a look around, then tossed her purse on a chair and pronounced "The place has never looked better, kids."

She had worked in the building when it had been a bar, more than twenty-five years previously, and now she was back. Once they had their staff in place, then they began the final touches, and they opened the doors with a grand opening that to their surprise, had a lot of Navy staff come in. The bar was miles away from the normal naval crowd, but word had spread about the Briggs' and their bar, so they had a crowd waiting.

Even the Admiral came down and spent a few hours with them, tossing back a couple of Scotches and reminiscing about the old times.

Nate stood at the counter, idly polishing the lacquered wood top that didn't need any polishing, just letting his hands work as his mind flew back through memories.

The meeting with the Admiral the next day had been very odd. He had instructed Nate to leave Kya in the car and only come himself, and had met in the middle of the lunchtime crowd, in front of the wharf.

"Captain."

"Admiral."

"You have the item I asked you for?"

Nate handed the small leather pouch over, and was given a thick envelope in return.

"Admiral, what is this all about?" Nate asked.

He got a look from the Admiral that he simply could not read. "Need to know basis, Captain. Trust me, you do not need to, or want to know. You taking care of that girl?"

"Yes, Sir, of course, Sir."

"Good, good." The Admiral said. "You got a hundred grand in that envelope, son. Use it to make sure Miss DeSinlo is taken care of and kept safe. I'll be in touch, once I deal with the idiots who messed around with my program."

With a tap to his cap, the Admiral vanished into the crowd, leaving Nate feeling less at ease than when he started, but knowing he had to get back to Kya and he now had a mission.

Kate meeting Kya had been almost violent. He'd had Kya with him for a week at that time, having properly dressed her, entertained her, and she was a lovely companion. And having his brains fucked out two or three times a day by the lovely woman who seemed to be at her happiest when her legs were spread and he was between them.

He'd brought her to lunch at a small cafe close to Charlene's place, and Charlene agreed to join them there with Kate for lunch so they could meet Nate's new companion. What he did not expect was Kate's anger.

Charlene and Kate had come through the door, and Nate had been on his feet in seconds, lifting Kate off of her feet as she had spotted, then rushed forward with murder written on her features as she charged Kya.

"Natanial!" He turned to look at Kya who had also stood.

"Let her go, she has every right to be upset with me." Kya continued.

Nate put his sister back on the ground and gently released his solid grip on her midsection, allowing Kate to pull herself free of him with an enraged huff, then she walked right up to Kya and looked her over.

"'Ello Katarina." Kya said softly.

Kate glared at her, then walked around her slowly, looking at Kya from every angle as the other woman stood still, allowing the inspection. Kate hmf'd again.

"I am no taking him from you, Katarina, I would like to share him with you, if that be workable for ye?" Kya said, looking at Kate.

Kate shook her head, jaw set firmly, then turned and embraced Charlene with a kiss, and sat with her, sliding her chair away from Kya's to make sure there was definite distance between them.

It took another three days for Kate to warm up to Kya, and that was all because of Kya herself. She just wouldn't let up. She insisted on having breakfast, lunch and dinner with Kate, and despite Kate's continued bad attitude, Kya made sure Kate was the centre of her attention, even going so far as to somewhat push Nate off to the side to ensure Kate realized that Kya was willing to share, but not willing to leave.

Finally, Kate smiled tentatively as Kya gave her a hug, and returned it half-heartedly. For Kate, however, that was a big step. It was acceptance that there was another woman that her brother had given his attention to, but knowing Kya was not going to push her away or keep her from Nate meant the world to his sister, and it further endeared Kya to him as well.

The day before the bar reopened was an eye opener for all of them as well. Nate and Kya had done their usual routine, fucking the night away as they woke with the urge, but it had only been once in the night, things seemed to be slowing down. He awoke as the door quietly opened, to see Kate sneaking in to wake him up, and before he could really say anything, she jumped onto him and as he shifted to try and stop her shifting onto Kya's sleeping form, Kate shrieked as a slim hand reached up and tickled her ribs.

Kate hated being tickled. Nate knew it, but this giggling, wriggling form on him, dressed in just a pair of panties and a thin t-shirt was laughing her head off as Kya's slim hands tickled her ribs. Well, Nate figured, maybe if it's a girl tickling her, she likes it.

Kate finally stopped as she ended up sitting on top of Nate as per normal, just the thin sheet separating them, and to his surprise, Kya sat up, kissed Kate on the lips, and said "I am sharing him with ye, Katarina. If ye need him for yourself, I'm happy to let you two be alone."

Kya got up, naked and glorious to Nate's eyes, and also Kate couldn't stop staring either as Kya's trim backside followed her into the bathroom. Kate turned on him and made a swooning sign, then giggled again as Nate flipped her over and pulled down her panties for a short slapping as she normally got.

She vanished into the bathroom also, and Nate heard the sound of the shower start, so he figured to get up and have one with Kya, only to be surprised to find her and Kate in the shower together.

He quietly backed out of the bathroom and turned to see Charlene, wrapped in a robe, with a smirk on her face as she held out his robe. He grabbed it with a sheepish grin and wrapped himself up.

"Looks like we both just got replaced." she said with that same smirk.

Nate laughed. "I don't think so. Kate is being Kate, and Kya is remarkable in how she is accepting of my sister."

They went into the combined kitchenette for the two loft apartments and sat down with a cup of coffee each to wait and see what transpired.

Kate emerged first, a towel wrapped round her head, dressed in just her panties now, followed by Kya, gloriously naked, carefully drying her hair as she walked towards the kitchenette wearing just a smile.

"She is quite pretty, you know." Charlene quipped as Kya came up to sit on Jake's lap, while Kate plopped herself on top of Charlene in the same position.

"You two look and smell clean. Charlene, you can have a shower now, then I'll have a go." Nate said, his hand holding onto Kya's waist as she sipped some coffee from his cup.

The morning wake-up thus became a bit longer. On the nights Kate stayed, either with or without Charlene, she would still wake Nate up by jumping on him, then she would also wake Kya up, if the girl wasn't already awake. Nate knew that Kate had fully accepted the new love in his life when she woke him, then waited, bottom upturned for him to spank her, then she crawled over to Kya and waited for Kya to do the same thing. Kya laughed as she delivered two firm swats, one to each alabaster cheek, then Kate kissed Kya fully, and was up and off to get started on her day.

Kya also became another member of staff at the bar. She was quite happy to clean tables and do dishes, but had no interest in serving drinks to the punters. Within a few weeks she was a part of the team, but a very big part of Nate's life. He was as surprised as anybody when Kya went off with Kate, and both women came back with bags of clothing from a shopping spree they had just explored.

Kya also began to be able to read English, in that way she was much like Kate, and the two women taught each other in some ways to read better. Kya had never-ending patience for Nate's sister, and was always there to talk to her, or just give her a supporting hug when Kate looked down or sad.

Things changed a little bit one night when they were serving bar, the place was full, lots of people having conversations, Kya was busy cleaning shot glasses behind him as Nate was busy pouring draft for the thirsty crowd, and the door opened to reveal three men in dark suits.

Nate kept an eye on them, busy pouring draft into mugs and watching as the three, definitely government from the way they acted, all came in, doffed their coats, then made their way to a table and sat down.

He also noted that they kept looking around, but always, their gaze came back to Kya, who didn't seem to notice them at all as her back was to them. He watched as Shirley came to their table, leaned over to take their order, then came to the bar to fill it. "Three pints of Guinness, Nate." She called.

Nate nodded and filled the three mugs with the dark draft, then slid them over to Shirley and grabbed her hand. "Keep an eye on those three, Shirl. Something's not right." She nodded in return and took the order back to the table.

Nate turned as Kya finished polishing and gently leaned over to her. "Don't come out from behind the bar, Love, you're safe here."

She looked at him sideways. "A problem?"

"I don't know. Just, stay behind the bar." She nodded also and made herself busy moving bottles around to rotate the spirit stock.

The three suits stayed for a couple of hours, then after the last call bell rang, two of them got up and left, while the third approached the bar and paid the bill, with a small tip.

"You the owner?" He asked Nate.

"This is my Place, yessir." Nate replied.

"Pretty girl you have there, may I have a word with her?" He said, pulling out an ID billfold that showed him as FBI.

"I don't think so, Mr ... Donovan." Nate replied.

This wasn't a request, Mr. Briggs. We are going to speak with the young lady. Please stand aside." He said, getting to his feet as the other two suits came back in.

Nate pulled himself up to his full height. "Far as I am aware, Mr. Donovan, every citizen in this country has the right to be free of persecution, and the right to freedom in general. If you want to speak to my girl in an official capacity, I expect to see a warrant, police, and proper security. I don't do Men in Black."

"You really want us to go there, Mr. Briggs? I just want a brief word with her." Donovan said.

Nate turned to Kya, who had turned and was silently watching the exchange.

"Kya, do you want to talk to this fella?" He asked, she shook her head in reply. "No interest, Natanial."

"You have your answer, Mr. Donovan. You want her, you bring me a warrant, and police. You have no jurisdiction otherwise. This is Naval territory."

Donovan looked around. "This is a bar, not a consulate, or a base."

"It's UN Naval territory, Mr. Donovan. In honour of those who have served, and who continue to serve to maintain world peace. That includes the security of every citizen."

Donovan stepped back. "I'll get that warrant, Mr. Briggs. You will see us again." He said, staring right at Kya. Then he turned and left, the other two agents walking out with him. Shirley closed and locked the door behind them, leaning against it with an exaggerated breath.

"What was that all about, Nate?" She asked.

"I have no idea. Kya, do you know who those men are?" He asked.

She slowly shook her head, brow furrowed as she tried to think. "They seemed familiar, but I canna recall if I actually knew them before. I certainly dinna recall ever speaking to them."

"They had a keen interest in you, and that worries me a lot. The Admiral said to keep you safe. He also indicated that you or something to do with you, was a Navy program." Nate said, walking over and hugging her.

"What will ye do?" She asked, head buried in his shoulder.

"I'll figure it out, you don't worry." He replied, rubbing her back.

...

The next evening, as they were again dealing with a mostly full house, the suits came in again. This time, no pandering about. Donovan fronted up to the bar and pulled out a tri-folded document that Nate knew was a warrant.

"Mr. Briggs, I have a warrant here to bring in the young lady, Kya Desinlo, for questioning. If you would be so kind as to release her to me, we will return her to you in a few hours." He said, with quite a smug look on his face.

"Just who the hell do you think you are?" Came a gruff voice from behind him, and Donovan turned with shock to see the Admiral standing there, two Naval officers flanking him.

"I thought so. Special Agent Sean Donovan. You still sniffing around this case? We closed it. Your own Agency closed it." The Admiral said, walking up to the bar and turning to lean against the counter, facing the startled FBI man.

"The Captain here phoned me last night, told me some FBI types were asking a bunch of questions about a certain young lady." The Admiral leaned in to look at Donovan, then raised his walking stick and firmly tapped the other man's chest.

"ItoldyoulasttimetobackOff." He finished with a firm push that caused Donovan to step backwards.

"We have a serious breach of security here, Admiral. The Agency has authorized me to continue the investigation." Donovan retorted.

"Cut the crap, Donovan. You screwed up bad. Lost your nerve, lost your lead, and then you took one of my people and tried to mess her up even more than she already was. Listen to me you sonofabitch, and you understand me very well. Back off, don't come back, and leave DeSinlo alone." The Admiral snapped.

"She is a government asset, Admiral. Not your staff."

"She is one of my people, Mr. Donovan. Not an asset, or your property. She is a living, breathing human being, and she is mine." The Admiral looked around at the quietened crowd watching the scene.

"Get the hell out of here, Donovan. You come back and I'll have your gun and badge." Donovan backed off, with the other two suits and they left without a further word.

"Captain, is there someplace quiet we can have a talk? You, me, and miss Kya?" He asked as Nate handed him a shot glass with some Scotch in it, which was downed in a single gulp.

"Yessir, my loft, in back. Shirley, keep an eye on the place?" Nate said, getting a nod from Shirley as she began to again circulate.

"You two, keep an eye out, any trouble, deal with it." The Admiral said to his two attaches, who both nodded and took up seats so they could both watch the entire bar and the doors.

The three made their way up the stairs, both men allowing Kya to go up ahead of them up the narrow ship's stairwell, then Nate pulled a couple of chairs around and the Admiral sat down with a sigh, putting his cane beside him.

Kya sat on another chair and Nate perched on a stool.

They waited, and finally the Admiral sighed. "I guess I need to give you some idea of what's going on, Captain. Kya, please give me your hand."

He turned her hand so it was palm upwards, then placed a single diamond on it, and taking out a penlight, flashed it on the diamond three times. Kya blinked, then looked at him.

"Hello, Admiral." she said, but this was in plain, unaccented English.

"Hello Kiara." the Old Man replied.

"Is there a problem?" She asked him.

The Admiral nodded. "The FBI is sniffing around, again. I've still got security breaches I'm trying to close. We're not quite ready to integrate yet. Are you able to remain safe?"

She looked at Nate. "I remember you. You saved me, twice over now." She turned to look at the Admiral. "I am safe here, with him."

"Sir, what is going on?" Nate finally asked.

"Son, you are sitting with Lieutenant Kiara DeSinlo, the only survivor of Flight 484. The only way for her to keep her sanity was for us to split her personality into two halves. The Lieutenant you see, and then there is Kya, who you have come to know on a much more intimate level." The Admiral explained.

"My time is running out, Admiral. They are closer now than before." Kiara replied, a tinge of fear in her voice.

He nodded. "I'll put you back for now, Lieutenant. Until next time." He looked down at the diamond still in her palm, and as she looked at it, he flashed the penlight twice, and her face cleared into the serene features of the Kya Nate had grown to love.

1...345678