Lady in Public

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The first clue about how the night was going to go came on the introductions. I had one suit (well, one that actually fit) and I donned it for the dinner. It was clearly an older style but it was in good shape and I thought I looked pretty good. The look on Tera's mom's (her name was Evalynn) face told me she didn't exactly agree with that opinion. Then Tera introduced us.

"Davis? Hmm, I don't believe I'm familiar with your family."

"No family," I answered innocently, not realizing the can of worms I was opening. "Just me. Thank goodness for financial aid."

The fake smile on her face dropped away immediately.

"Of course."

The night went downhill from there.

Oh, the dinner was fine enough. They'd hired some local personal chef to cater the dinner and I had to admit the food was excellent, if a little 'high-falutin' for my taste. The conversation was pleasant, and I kept out of it for the most part, though I did answer some questions directed at me by the cousins.

Jeremy was 18 and was a good-looking guy. He was there with his actual girlfriend, a perky little blonde named Ashley. She didn't say much either but I got the feeling she was from money as well. The other cousin was a woman named Whitney. She was 24 and very pretty, almost as pretty as Tera. Her escort was apparently just that, some rich guy's kid arranged to take her. He seemed pretty full of himself and I caught Whitney give a few looks that said their 'relationship' was over after tomorrow night.

When dinner was over we 'retired' (their word) to the living room, apparently for coffee and some more chatter about how rich they are and how wonderful that makes them. Okay, maybe I'm overstating it, but not by much.

Before they sat, Evalynn asked Tera for 'a word in private'. I immediately thought, 'this can't be good'. I felt a pit forming my stomach as I watched them walk down the short hallway and into what I had been told was the parlor, whatever that is.

I was pulled from my reverie on what was about to happen by Jeremy and sitting on the sofa in the spot I expected Tera to take. Whitney was sitting nearby as well, and I noticed that all the older folks had made themselves scarce. I had the feeling I was about to be told that my services were no longer required. Surprisingly, it wasn't that at all.

"Whatever she may have told you about growing up with Evalynn as her mother," Jeremy started, "It was ten times worse. I guarantee it."

"That bad?" I asked, noticing Whitney was already nodding her head. "She hasn't shared much but I got the impression it was pretty hard."

"Evalynn is a control freak, with a capitol C. Tera was more of an asset than she was a daughter. Our mom was tough but nowhere near the same league as Aunt Evalynn. It's up to Tera to give you the details, but Evalynn controlled every aspect of Tera's life. I know people think because we have money that we have it easy, but some parents use that as a weapon. She made...makes Tera miserable."

Even as Jeremy spoke I could hear raised voices coming from the direction Tera and her mom had gone. I doubted Evalynn was a yeller so I knew it was likely Tera's voice I heard. Whitney jumped in.

"The plan has always been to marry Tera off to someone Evalynn considered 'suitable'. Tera has no interest in that but that doesn't seem to concern her mother. To Evalynn it's all about appearances, and marrying into the right family and growing the empire."

I suddenly felt very bad about some of the thoughts I'd had about Tera over the years. I was one of those that Jeremy talked about, who assumed that Tera's life was easy because of how wealthy they were. I had no idea it could possibly be as bad. I may not have always know where my next meal was coming from, but now I wouldn't have wanted to trade places with her, that's for sure.

"So, she's supposed to be going into an arranged marriage?"

"Not arranged, exactly," said Whitney. "Just that the only options presented would be men that Evalynn chose. Tera and her mother have been fighting..."

Suddenly, we heard a door crash open, and Tera's voice distinctly and clearly floating down the hallway.

"Go to hell, mother! I'm 21 years old and you can't tell me what to do anymore. Come on, Michael. We're leaving."

I got up from the couch, shaking Jeremy's hand and giving Whitney a hug. She whispered in my ear.

"She needs you, Michael. Be there."

I walked down the hallway, which also happened to lead to the front door. The door was sitting wide open and Tera was nowhere to be seen so she was obviously outside already. Mrs. Blankenship was standing there, obviously seething in anger but trying to maintain her society-trained composure.

"Thank you for dinner," I said as I walked by her. "Good night."

I had locked the car, which was probably a ridiculous thing to do considering the neighborhood. I'm sure the thieves would bypass the Ferraris and Mercedes to target the 1971 El Camino. Old habits and all.

I got to the car and was about to unlock Tera's door but her face said she needed a hug more than anything. I pulled her tight and she squeezed me hard. No words were said and we stayed like that until she was done. She was practically vibrating with anger, fear, sadness, and who knows what else. Then I unlocked the car and let her in, closing the door behind her.

"Where to?" I asked once I was settled.

"Can we go back to your place?"

"Of course. My roommate will probably be there."

"That's fine."

We got to my apartment and I helped her out of the car. As we drove a lot of the energy had drained from her and she was as much zombie as anything else. I'm not sure she could have made herself do anything; I had to instruct her every step of the way.

I unlocked my door and helped her inside. My roommate, Greg, was just inside. Without a word he moved to help me, taking her from the other side so we could get her into my bed. He didn't know what this was about, nor did it matter. I needed help and he was there to help. He was a good friend.

I got her settled and then Greg and I went out of the bedroom. I was going to get some water and a cool washcloth for her forehead. That had always made me feel better when I got emotional.

"Is she okay?" Greg asked.

"Yeah. She had it out with her mother tonight so she's a little drained, but she'll be okay."

"Is that Tera Blankenship?"

"Yeah, but mum's the word, okay?"

"Always. Let me know if you guys need anything."

Greg and I were assigned together as roommates when we were freshmen and we've lived together off-campus that last 2 years as well. I trust him completely.

I went into the room and closed the door. There was a little bit of light coming in through the blinds. Just enough to avoid killing yourself by running into anything, but it was enough. I did notice that Tera's dress was pooled on the floor.

"Do you need anything, Tera?"

"Just you," she whispered as she pulled the blankets aside, revealing she was just in her bra and panties.

I put the water and washcloth down and climbed into bed with her. We lay quietly for I don't know how long; several minutes at least, and maybe as much as 15. She was cuddled up against me and I thought maybe she had drifted off to sleep. I kissed the top of her head a couple of times and tried to settle in for what I assumed was the long haul. Of course, that's when she spoke.

"Why are you here, Michael?"

"I live here," I answered, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, I mean here, with me. I've always been such a bitch to you, but here you are."

"Why is that, anyway? Why have you always been so...harsh?"

"It's always been like this, Michael. Like you saw at the house. Mom controlled every part of my life. She forbade me from having friends that she didn't approve of, so I began treating anyone that wouldn't pass like crap. It was easier than making friends only to have to stop spending time with them because mom didn't approve."

"I assume they'd only pass if they had the right name or enough zeroes in their bank account?"

"Pretty much. That was the start of the 'rich bitch' and it started to become part of me, I guess. It got so bad that my parents sent me into therapy and the hack told me I needed to stay in public schools to stay 'more grounded'. I assume mom made sure she wasn't assigned any blame. That's why I stayed in public schools and stayed here for college, even though I was accepted at Yale, Dartmouth, and Columbia."

I guess the rumors were mostly true, though I don't think fault was properly assigned. She continued.

"I always had to wear name brands. Mom had stylists that would select my clothes for me and then she'd put them out every morning. Everything was cut modestly, so nothing sleeveless and all my skirts and dresses went to mid-calf, with proper undergarments, of course. I wasn't allowed to wear jeans because they accentuated my curves, and besides they lacked class. All my pants were slacks, and all my swimsuits were one-piece and modest. No bikinis for me."

"Just playing devil's advocate here, but I know there were some girls like that who changed clothes when they got to school."

"She had me watched constantly. I tried that once and I was confronted when I got home. She had pictures of what I had changed into that day. I was disciplined and sent to bed without dinner, and it was made clear that it would be much worse if it ever happened again."

"Any idea why she was so...well, like she was?"

"It was all about the family. She didn't want our reputation ruined and she was going to make damn sure it didn't happen."

"She sounds psychotic."

"You know, you might be right."

I felt her shifting her position so I lifted my arm to be sure I was out of her way. She eased herself up a little bit so she could look me in the eyes.

"Michael, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you all these years. You didn't deserve it."

"Can I ask you a question, Tera?"

"Of course."

"Was I just revenge, a passive-aggressive way of getting back at your mom?"

This time she sat all the way up.

"I've had sex with a lot of guys, Michael. And every single one of them was rebellion against my mother. Growing up I didn't know if I'd be able to stop the plans she had for me so I lashed out when I could, usually without my mom even knowing about it. It made me feel better even if she didn't find out.

"The fact is that when I propositioned you at that party you were just another revenge. I was going to fuck another guy mom wouldn't approve of. She had plans to marry off her delicate little flower to some rich guy's kid, and I was determined to be as far from delicate as I could be.

"But I meant what I said that night. You were...are the best fuck I've ever had, so we did it again. And again. And again. And I told myself each time would be the last time. But you messed it up."

"I messed it up?"

"Yes. The guys I had been with before got what they wanted and they were gone. But you stayed. You had meals with me. You talked to me. Jesus, do you know how long it's been since someone just talked to me? You were interested in me, not just my tits and my pussy, but me. And after that night with Brian, you were there. It was more than sex with you that night, Michael. It was the realization that you were different. It wasn't money that made the man, and that was when I realized it.

"Oh, things didn't change right away. The rich bitch wouldn't go away that easily, but I was starting to separate her from me. When I asked you to the gala and you were trying to get me to go with someone else, I thought I had waited too long and ruined it. I lashed out at you. I'm sorry.

"Then, thank goodness, you took me. Put my arm behind my back, tossed me on the bed, and took me, like a man takes his woman. I wasn't really fighting you, Michael. I just wanted you to dominate me, to let me know I was your woman and you would do with me as you pleased without putting up with my shit, and you did exactly that. The rich bitch was gone and I...I fell in love with you at that moment."

She reached behind her back and unhooked her bra, tossing it aside. She climbed on to me, kissing me deeply while sliding her hand inside by boxers and stroking my cock, eventually pulling it out completely. This went on for a few minutes and, just as I assumed she was about to give me a hand-job, she changed position and took me in her mouth. I moaned, in pleasure and surprise.

"I thought you didn't do that," I managed to say.

She paused for a moment.

"I don't do it for fuck buddies. I do it for boyfriends."

She returned to sucking my cock, then paused again.

"But only my husband will get to fuck my ass."

That simple statement increased my pleasure factor instantly, and it wasn't more than another minute before I was shooting my load into Tera's mouth. I was surprised when she kept her mouth on me even after I warned her, and even more surprised when she swallowed.

We made love for the next hour. It was different that when we just fucked, and infinitely better. We just fit so well sexually, and the infusion of love into the mix only served to heighten the pleasure.

We cuddled, relaxing in the afterglow, but I knew there was one more question that needed to be asked, no matter the cost.

"Tera, are we still going to the gala?"

[::::::::::}

The answer to that question was yes.

She told me that if it had just been her mom's project then probably not, but this was a family thing that they had been doing for years and missing it would reflect on her whole family, some of whom she genuinely loved. Most specifically, her dad's mom.

We returned to the mansion a few hours before the gala was to start so we could get ready. Tera looked positively magnificent in her dress, as did Whitney and Jeremy's girlfriend, Ashley. I found it difficult to separate the beauty, grace, and elegance on the surface from the seedy underbelly that lie beneath, but I focused on Tera and did pretty well.

The only potential hiccup came as we were getting ready to leave for the ballroom at the hotel. The limos (naturally) were waiting outside and people had started to make their way outside as they were ready. At this moment, Evalynn walked up to Tera.

"Terafina, can I assume that you will not make an emotional scene like you did last night?"

"Mother, have I ever failed to act properly when I was representing the family in public?"

"No, you haven't."

"That's right, and I won't now."

"I just wanted to be sure. It seems I have no idea what to expect from your behavior these days."

With that, Evalynn walked out the front door to take her place in one of the cars. We both watched her walk away without moving. I couldn't resist.

"Terafina?"

"My full first name, and if you ever call me that your dick will be very lonely for a very long time. Get me?"

"Yes, dear."

She turned and looked at me.

"Oh, I like the sound of that."

She put her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a kiss that was still going when Whitney's voice interrupted us.

"Uh, guys, we're waiting on you," she said, then made her exit.

"I guess we should go," I said.

"I guess so. But when we're done tonight, you're taking me back to your place and you're going to fuck me, and I want you to keep fucking me for the rest of my life.

[::::::::::}

EPILOGUE

With the exception of class or work, if you found one of us chances are you'd find the other. At one point, we were at a party and her friend Megan pulled me aside.

"She gonna make you an amazing wife if you don't screw it up."

"I certainly don't plan to screw it up, and I agree with you."

The confrontation at the mansion didn't stop Evalynn from trying to control Tera's life. In fact, it seemed she thought that was mostly due to my influence and figured if she could get rid of me then things would return to 'normal'. She tried forbidding Tera from seeing me, and Tera simply told her mom to fuck off.

You see, Tera knew a few things that I wasn't privy to. Her grandmother (on her dad's side) had actually paid for her college education, and paid for it in full, so there was nothing her parents could do about that. Her grandmother, by the way, loved me. Also, she had a significant trust fund, though she wouldn't get it until she was 30. Grandma was still quite wealthy in her own right.

But her mother still threatened to cut her off, to take away her car, to end her allowance, etc. She simply told her parents that was just fine with her. She had a man that she was in love with and he would take care of her. If they were more interested in their status and her dating someone they approved of instead of her happiness then she didn't want them around her anyway. She took my hand and walked out. That was the day we moved in together, albeit in the room of the apartment I shared with Greg.

They didn't speak for nearly a year, at least not directly to each other. At first she got messages telling her to 'stop this foolishness' and come back home. And she responded by telling them they were the fools.

To my surprise, the living arrangements worked just fine, to the point that Greg and I signed another lease for our senior year. We had always gotten along well and that didn't change. By now he had started seeing a woman named Lindsay and we spent a lot of time with them. And there was no shortage of nights where the action going on in both bedrooms would have come across as some sort of competition. It was kind of weird, but kind of hot, too.

As graduation approached we started making plans for the future. I got a solid job as the service manager of local repair shop. The owner was getting close to retiring and I was going to slowly buy into the shop until he was ready to call it quits, and then buy the rest of it. Tera promised me whatever I needed out of her trust fund. If the transition happened before that I'd take out a loan and she'd pay it off when she came into the money.

Tera got a position in the administrative department of North Town Medical Center, her degree being in health care administration. Hospitals, of course, operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so she had an uneven schedule and it bit into our social and sexual lives a little bit, but we made it work. She combined high intelligence with a strong work ethic and even those that thought she was trading on the Blankenship name at first came to respect her.

We had it good and perfect for 5 years until our lives were turned upside down by those most insidious of invaders.

Children.

Tera took a year off from work after Violet was born, wanting to have those important bonding moments. She worked for another year before getting pregnant with Lily, and planned to take another year off and get back to work. But shortly before she started sending out resumes I put Daisy into her, and she decided that it wasn't meant to be. The girls are 10, 7, and 5 now, and Tera's been a stay at home mom ever since that last positive test. I make a good living and we live modestly, but thanks to Tera's trust the girls never want for anything.

By this time Tera and her parents were on better terms. There was still some lingering anger on Tera's part about the way they had controlled her life, but she was happy now and they had no more control so she took the high road. Jeffrey proved to be a doting grandfather and Evalynn was...well, she was never the most affectionate of people but even she had a few moments of vulnerability around her grandchildren.

My mom had actually taken off with some guy right after I got into college. Something about her job being done and it being time to live her life. I missed her but she had sacrificed a lot when I was young because dad had taken off, so I hoped she found her happiness.