Lady Marwen's Request

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Partran dipped his head and rumbled, "A trifling distance, Lady Marwen, your invitation would have had me cross the boiling sea itself."

She chuckled at this, taking a pitcher from the wolf lad who had been following her and stepped forward to pour it into the silver cup. "Flatterer." She accused in jest, "But I am glad you made it and hope my maid Verona was helpful earlier." She righted the pitcher and turned to hand it to the otter maid, now known to be Verona, and took the cup in both hands and, in her almost concealed nervousness, took a bit more than a polite sip from it before offering it to the tiger as she had other cups to other guests.

"We thank you for your hospitality, and please, be at ease." The tiger's smile was warm and genuine, his huge hand briefly covering hers as he took the cup from her and dank from it as he'd seen the others do and then set it back on the table. She nodded and gave a bow of her head and stepped to the next table, the momentary gesture having at least helped still the moment of panic.

Dusk and Partran watched as she departed and then he offered the half-unicorn the remainder of the cup.

"It's excellent wine." He said as the mare took the goblet, watching Lady Marwen go and then catching small Verona's glance. He smiled at the otter maid and was pleased at her blush and sudden turn away.

———————————

Liana trembled as she walked away from the tiger and his servant. He was immense, larger still than her own husband and the ache she felt as her heat had set in made it difficult for her to focus. There was shame there, a tiny hint of it along the edge of her plans and, she had to admit it, her desire. Were she not intending to have the tiger as stud for her child she'd still likely attempt to entice him anyway. She and her husband both occasionally made sport with guests and there was something about large cats that she'd always found enticing. She visited the last few tables and their respective guests, this time only tasting the wine before handing them the goblet, lest she find herself unable to think clearly later in the night. All the while, behind her, Verona had another pitcher of wine ready for when her mistress would need it. She greeted and welcomed the last of the more important guests, and, in a slowly growing dampness she was glad her long gown concealed, returned to her seat beside her husband.

———————————

Once the feast had begun in earnest Dusk relaxed some, letting the event itself fill most of the space in her mind, she periodically pointed out people to her Master or leaned and whispered to the sisters. Yuying would periodically vanish to talk to one of the entertainers or to pursue some tray laden with a treat she had particular interest in. Her sister, on the other hand, kept close and watched the crowd, enjoying her meal but also refraining from more than a token amount of wine.

As the last course was brought forth, roasted fruits and confections, the doors into the great hall were opened and the sounds of music, more up tempo than before, began to filter out. It was at this point that Partran heard a small sound behind him. Turning in his seat he first saw no one there, then glanced down and smiled as a replay of this morning's earlier meeting seemed to be at hand.

"Aha, the petite messenger again." He said with a slow smile, turning fully and leaning down to be closer to eye level with the plump otter maid who'd delivered the sealed letter earlier that day. "Are you having an enjoyable evening, Verona?"

The cheerful otter gave the much larger tiger a nervous smile, unconsciously twisting the white apron on the front of her dark skirt in her nervousness. "Yes, sir." She chirped as her short muzzle sent whiskers out in a puff around her round black nose when she smiled. The woman looking plain compared to so many of the well and oft over dressed here and hardly came up to the tiger's thigh were he standing, but stood straight and proud and looked up at him with the hem of her apron in her webbed paws. "The lady has asked that you go to the ballroom once the dinner is over and that she will find you there."

"Aha, thank you, little one. I would ask for a favor, though." The tiger rumbled as he leaned down to whisper to the overawed otter. "That you might be so kind as to grace me with a dance before the night is too far gone."

Verona, no young maiden at her first harvest festival, actually stood shocked for a moment that a lord, that THIS lord, would ask her to dance. She blushed as though she were fifteen years younger, then smiled broadly, her brown eyes alight, "If that's what you would like, sir."

"It is. Now let your lady know I shall join her in the ballroom after dinner as she requests."

The otter dipped a curtsy then turned, thick tail just shy of dragging the floor, and walked away as briskly as her long frame and squat legs would allow her. She turned her head to glance back at Partran as the tiger gave her a wink.

After a moment Sying's chided gently, "That was shameful. Teasing her like that. And she doesn't even know it."

"Who was teasing? I've every intention of dancing with her before anything else. Just because I am here as a contractor, as it were, doesn't mean that I can't enjoy some of the festivities."

Dusk watched the large tiger who was smiling to himself for a moment, wondering what he was thinking, then turned to the roasted apples and whipped cream that had appeared before her. In time, as the guests found themselves thoroughly sated with the clan's delightful fare, the great doors back into the ballroom opened and strains of a captivating dance seemed to weave its way into the banquet hall. The acrobats, having been providing entertainment during the meal itself, took this invitation as an opportunity to excuse themselves from the hall. In small groups many of the guests meandered from the banquet hall towards the ball room while others contented themselves with their dinner companions or pursuing some sweet delight they had yet to have their fill of.

The guards, however, were industrious in the space before the lord and lady's raised dias, putting together a small sparring area. A huge rope, easily eight inches across, was lain in a circle and the racks of practice weapons were drawn from a large door at the back of the hall to be arranged alongside. Partran glanced to see Sying watching this with a keen interest.

"Do you want to go knock some heads, Sy?" He asked, rising slowly from his chair and offering Dusk a hand from her seat. "I suspect you wouldn't be terribly interested in dancing and I doubt I'll be waylaid between here and the waltz."

Sying pried her eyes from the practice ring as it were being situated to look up at the tiger and then glance around the room as though there may be an ambush hiding behind the table of trifles. After a moment she said, "Only if you're sure, sir."

Partran chuckled, "I'm sure." He made a waving motion with his paw and said, "You two are free to enjoy the evening. I suspect Dusk and I will be busy for a while. We'll see you back at the house by morning."

Yuying, thrilled to hear they were being given the night off, rose quickly from her seat and took her stolid sister by the wrist. "Come on, Sy, let's go before he changes his mind."

Dusk and Partran watched the two head over to watch as the first guards entered the ring with wooden swords. Seeing them go, the unicorn mare tilted her head up towards Partran, "Is that wise?"

"Maybe. They'll definitely cause a stir among the combatants and Lord Marwen is in the crowd. He looks to be as interested in dancing as Sy is."

Dusk glanced up at the lord and lady's table, seeing that they had slipped away as well, at least Lady Marwen had. Lord Marwen had moved to where he could sit comfortably and watch the combatants begin their bout. She conceding this as she turned her attention towards the ballroom and the guests entering into the honey colored light therein. Music rolled from the room, a long languid tune as a few couples already danced slowly about the floor in one of the currently in fashion dances of the empire. So she and the lord tiger entered the line trickling into the room. He stopped momentarily once they crossed the threshold to glance about before his eyes found the lady of the keep currently speaking with a knot of gaudily dressed attendees. Pausing long enough to catch her eye, he turned to where a servant stood with wine and took a small glass of red wine. Then, for the moment, he and Dusk watched the dancers and the somberly dressed musicians.

"There she is." Dusk said, gently nudging the tiger's hip and nodding her ebon horn towards where the lady stood amid a ring of gathered guests. The tiger sipped his wine and watched one particular robust ursine woman step forward and give the Lady Marwen a courtly bow. From where he stood the conversation was lost in the susurration of the crowd and music, but a momentary lift of hand to muzzle and a faint show of bashfulness that seemed to be more ritual than real, Lady Marwen extended her hand to the considerably larger bear woman and was soon whisked into the twirling throng. Not to be outdone, Partran handed his half finished glass of wine to Dusk and stalked along the outer edge of the crowd from whence the Lady Marwen had so recently been abducted.

The sharp sounds of Dusk's hooves on the floor were almost lost amid the waltz being played as she hurried to keep up with the tiger, pausing only for a moment to set his wine glass on the tray of a surprised stag servant as she dashed by. Her dress fluttering, she pursued to tiger and found him stalking along the outer edge of the room just in time for her to see who his intended "prey" was.

Unaware of the predator that bore down upon her, the otter Verona stood demurely near the musicians where her Lady had so recently been abducted by the madam bruin. Her simple black dress allowed her to blend well into the scenery, though there were those in attendance that wouldn't see a servant if they were ablaze and standing immediately before them. Such was the way of the nobles. Yet the tiger seemed to emerge from the crowd, striding forward towards the small woman who stiffened as she saw the sudden appearance of so large a predator. With a squeak she once more clutched the edge of her apron and stared wide-eyed as the massive predator stopped and with a theatrical flourish bowed low, hand out and palm up towards her.

"Miss Verona, it would be the greatest honor were you to favor me with a dance this evening."

The otter, wide eyed from the moment the tiger had emerged from the crowd and bowed in, what she'd later feel was the most regal fashion she'd ever seen, simply stared and her mouth fell open. Verona stood there, half drawn back in startlement and half in dumbfounded shock. She was unable to find the words for a moment as the tiger, still leaning forward and massive paw outstretched, waited amid a ring of amused onlookers.

Around the pair heads turned and the musicians almost lost their time as they seemed to enjoy the melodrama before them. Their audience grew quiet as they waited for an answer, caught upon the edge of the maid's decision. Verona stood there in shock, the center of much more attention than she was used to, and then softly squeaked out, "Yes...?" Her breath seemed far away and hard to catch as her heart fluttered from the moment. Then she reached her small, webbed paw out and laid it in the immense open palm of the tiger. For one brief moment she imagined herself as a kit, dancing with her dolls, imagining herself some great lady at a ball.

A few of the audience, similarly taken up by the moment, clapped and chuckled in amusement as Partran took the smaller woman's hand in his vastly larger paw and guided the diminutive, plump mustelid towards the dance floor. With their striking differences in size the tiger had to lean down as she stepped briskly to keep up, her well made but simple black dress flapping about her short legs and thick tail. Soon there they were, the mismatched pair, joining others in the measured, twirling rotation of a slow waltz. Of course, accommodations had to be made and she rested her hand on his hip and he held her small webbed paw in his own hand as they not quite glided across the dance floor. Her dark dress fluttered as she had to vault to keep in time with the other dancers, his strong paws lifting her so that her feet would lightly touch the floor and then she would spring and be carried to the next position in the dance. She could feel the wind stream her hair behind her and she glanced up to see his big, green eyes and broad smile and she thrilled. Her heart battered in her chest and she felt breathless, lost in the moment as she was carried and felt like she had wings.

From where Verona had been so blissfully kidnapped Dusk glanced to Lady Marwen where she was dancing with a similar disparity in size between her and the mountainous, white bear woman. The unicorn mare smiled when the red wolf saw her maid dancing with the tiger, face registering shock and amusement when it could glimps the mismatched pair from around the happily twirling bruin. Soon, though, the musicians softened the music and the dance slowly came to an end, dancers seeking new partners or a respite and drink. Partran and Verona soon joined Dusk once more, the otter flushed and covering her short muzzle with both small paws. Her face was a mix of delight and furious red embarrassment.

Before the shock could overwhelm her, the mock chiding tone of Lady Marwen drew her attention, "Verona, you scandalous woman, you. Are you trying to seduce young lordlings with your feminine charms?" The playfully tone made Verona turn suddenly and, for half a moment,fear her Lady might be serious. The momentary concern was dispelled as, taking her leave of the ursine, Lady Marwen approached with a fond smile down at her flushed and still speechless maid.

"No, m'lady." Verona said, frantically trying to compose herself, "Lord... Lord Partran asked me to dance and I thought it'd be rude to say no."

"It would have been." Partran said as he crouched and took one of Verona's small paws away from her muzzle and kissed the back of it. "I'd have been deeply saddened to have not had the chance to dance with the second loveliest creature in the castle. I thank you once again for the lovely dance" He stood then and smiled, turning to face Lady Marwen as he straightened his vest and cravat.

"Well, you do flatter freely, don't you Lord Madradin?" Liana approached the tiger and extended a hand to him. He took her delicate paw and kissed the back of it, whiskers fluffing out to the sides as he caught the faint scent of her heat almost totally masked under the scent of her perfume. Her recent exertion had driven the spicy scent to the forefront this close to her. "It's a pleasure to have an opportunity to speak with you properly." She took back her hand and caught the eye of a green garbed servant boy, motioning for a drink. She then turned her attention to Dusk, "You must be his steward. A pleasure to meet you as well...?" The question trailed off, inviting Partran to finish the introduction.

"Dusk."

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Dusk." There was the merest flick of Liana's eyes to the bowed black horn that stood from Dusk's silken mane before she continued. "I wish that we had time to talk at length, but I suspect my dance card will be very full tonight. Please, both of you, do let Verona show you my hospitality." As she said this a grey muzzled badger in a coat ten years out of fashion waddled up towards them, smiling and squinting through thick spectacles at Lady Marwen. She nodded pointedly towards her maid who, after a moment, realized that was a veiled order. With a delighted greeting towards the elderly man, Liana took her leave of the three, "Ah! Master Windhall, I'm so glad you could make it."

As Lady Marwen stepped quickly away to greet another guest, Partran glanced at Dusk vainly for the unfinished wine he'd entrusted to her, then Verona cleared her throat politely and said. "If Sir and Madam would like, I could show you to a quiet place to relax after."

Taking the cue, Partran and Dusk followed Verona, slipping unnoticed from the ballroom as the musicians began to thump their feet on the floor in time to an impending jig and Lady Marwen fussed over the elderly badger as though they were old friends.

——————

Yuying held Sy's wrist and half pulled her towards the ring of people already eagerly watching the first of the sparring bouts, the clatter of the wooden sword on shield sharp peaks over the sound of the audience. As they found a place to watch from, the first bout came to a close with a tall thin wolf losing his sword to a cleverly executed disarm from a shorter, grizzled older wolf. The older wolf smirked at the younger wolf who raised his hands in surrender as the wooden weapon was pointed at him.

"I yield." The younger wolf said.

"Damn right ya do." The elder growled as he lowered his sword, "And you better learn to hold onto your weapon or someone'll gut you." With that he turned and walked out of the ring, handing his sword and shield to another guard who was waiting his turn.

The younger of the two, abashed from his disarm and defeat, looked around and, not immediately seeing someone to take his place in the circle, called out, "Are there any among you who wish to try your skill against the finest warriors of Clan Marwen?"

There came some muttering of people trying to goad their friends into trying, until, without hesitation, a strong voice called out, "I will!"

There was a moment of confusion as the young wolf looked at the crowd and then glimpsed the person who had spoken up. The mutterings of urgings in the crowd turned to quiet chuckles as the comparatively diminutive red panda stood defiantly, hand on the hilt of her sword.

"Subtle..." Yuying whispered to Sying as the young guard approached.

"You think you can stand in the ring before the best warriors of the clan?" The tall wolf's voice was questioning but amused, waiting for a punch line that Yuying knew he wouldn't like.

"Yes. And ten solars if I lose to your best warrior." Sying looked at the older wolf who had just left the ring, dying to see better that maneuver he'd used to disarm the wolf standing in front of him. The crowd oohed and ahh'ed appreciatively at this, Sying still stony faced and serious in the face of the young guard's amusement. It seemed for a moment that he was expecting one of the more senior guards to be playing a trick on him.

"She really does have to be the best. It drives her." Yuying cut in, with an apologetic smile to the cute young guardsman, "Don't take it personally."

There was a prolonged silence as the guard, still holding sword and shield, looked from Sying to the waiting guard who'd stepped into the ring after the last match.

"That, young lady, would be me." The voice came from across the ring but deep and rumbling enough as though it'd come from the stones beneath Sying's feet. The bass rumble belonged to Lord Marwen and he strode to the edge of the ring, to see the young lady who had boldly wagered coin against his clan's best. "Who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

"I am Khiong Yuying, personal guard to Lord Partran Madradin of Winterrock."

The towering wolf lord looked at the small red and umber woman in her leathers, hand still perched on the hilt of her sword, and gave her a hard stare for a long moment. The faintest twitch of his ears at her name. "Well then, Khiong Yuying, I accept your wager. However, tonight's festivities will not be with bare steel. Please entrust your sword to your companion and pick which weapons you would care to use."