All Comments on 'Lady's Maid Ch. 08: All Out'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Delightful tale

A great chapter, Pixie, one of your best in a while, I think, and in parts quite touching. So Archie has stop-overs in Berlin? Well, we all know what Berlin was like in the 1920s/early 1930s (for the younger readers who might not know, watch the film Cabaret to get a modest inkling). I hope there's more of this delightful tale to come.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
Big things come in small packages

That saying has two applications here. First, many events happened in this chapter...with Pixie and Dot coming together, Pixie giving her blessing to let Annie be with Alice, Pixie helping needy people through the time of the strike, and Pixie being accepted for being a lesbian by the good Rev. Joe. Lots of amazing things were covered in one page of words. :)

Second, of course, is dear Pixie (er, Lady Cynthia) herself. She may be small, but she definitely has an enormous presence when it comes to who and what she cares about. Oh, and count me in as someone who finds "petite flat-chested sweeties" to be adorably amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Poor Pixie

Shame that Pixie loses out, but what an honorable stance to take, in allowing Annie and Alice to be together. But there again all we ever got was normally hints of what went on between Pixie and Annie, so we never knew what actually occurred. Pixie needs a strong hand to guide her, so lets hope she finds some one quickly so as to keep her in line. I loved the authenticity of the scene showing the hardships that were endured, but was surprised that Pixie had never heard the rumors about Berlin or even worked that one out for her self exactly what was going on. Really looking forward to the next chapter.

Rgds Al

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Maonaigh

I am glad that you enjoyed this. It took an unexpected direction in so far as I was nor planning on Pixie losing Annie, but sometimes stories take on a life of their own.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
OneAuthor

Well, I took on board your comment about midgets, so am glad you approve. Yes, an awful lot happens here, and I hope you will enjoy the final chapter.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Al

You will have noticed that there is a certain naïveté in our heroine, but I suspect she knew what Berlin meant. Ido hope you will enjoy the final chapter.

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

This episode brings back Dot, the sweet working class girl. In the last episode, Pixie did a deep dive into all fetishes imaginable, so deep that she reached a rare orgasm in the end.

In contrast, Pixie makes love to Dot in a pure, selfless way. Dot feels the difference between their earlier playful explorations and this tender emotional moment.

Alice is also back on the scene, helping Pixie and Annie supporting the working class families get through the general strike, a task that hapless union leader fails to do and even opposes on principle, just because the church is involved.

In contrast, the minister of the church recognizes what is right and what is wrong. He blesses Pixie and Annie's romantic union, a good 50 years before homosexuality was being decriminalized.

Instead of just taking a happily-ever-after for granted, Pixie looks out for others. She cedes her place to Alice, Annie's other lover.

Society could tolerate a relationship between two women of the working/middle class, albeit tenuously. A liaison between an aristocrat and a working class girl could only be lived in disguise, and would therefore remain unhappy.

Therefore Pixie makes the sacrifice of giving Annie, the love of her life, to another deserving woman.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Amadeus, this was a hard one to write, as I wanted to keep Annie, but that was where the story took itself, writing is like that sometimes xx

EvieUKNEEvieUKNEalmost 3 years ago

Great writing Pixie. I love that you brought your wonderful talent with history to bring the general strike into the story so naturally. Ever onward and upward, I look forward, as ever to your next offering. Thank you. xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much my darling Evie xxxxx

Reading_is4funReading_is4funover 1 year ago

Again my compliment for your plot so well written so well researched...

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Reading xxxxx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers (see below). I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. Ther...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES