All Comments on 'Lament Ch. 02'

by BlueGee

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments
Calico75Calico7511 days ago

Complex but tragic. Mistakes were made all around. Well written.

cruzer1955cruzer1955about 2 months ago

decent story with a somewhat logical outcome

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

She should have told him about the rape, but probably wasn't certain of what she remembered. James should have told her when he found out about Olive. To be honest, James was a coward. He kept quiet to suffer, then ran away, saying he would never see either his wife or his daughter. Sorry that irks me as he comes off as a weak asshole. But... once it is proven that she was raped, James unwillingness yo ever talk to his ex wife again jsut shows how little moral fiber he has. If I was Olive, I would tell him to fuck off, and that my father died when he left me when I was 18. He is so intertwined his pain that he had no problem causes extreme pain to people he supposedly cherished once upon a time. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OK the rapist is scum and should burn for the shit he pulled. Nikki shouldn't have got herself in such a fucked up condition that allowed someone like that to so easily take advantage. But her biggest mistake was not confessing what happened to her husband. Why could she laugh about it with Brendan and Amy but not tell her husband? If it wasn't that big of a deal then surely he'd understand. Something isn't quite adding up with the logic here. She had to have been in deep denial over the incident and it ended up coming back to bite her in the ass and cost her her marriage. Too bad. Never lie - even by omission - to your spouse about anything that's even remotely important if you want to have a chance of a long and happy marriage.

I find it funny that her slut friend Cheryl got to keep her marriage when she is the one that actually cheated. Life do be like that sometimes. :'(

orneryonezorneryonez3 months ago

"Such is Life" as Ned Kelly was to have apparently said... who knows what is truth and what isn't throughout history!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Good, interesting, just too long overall

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

First of all, James isn't too old to have a kid. I had my first when I was 42, yes I'll be in my 60's when the kids are about ready to leave the house, but that's okay. I did all my partying up front and I turned into a homebody anyway. There are some up sides to it - like not having the self-centeredness of youth clouding my actions and generally being more emotionally mature and caring. The downsides are obvious, but the motivation to hold a grandchild is giving me the strength to clean up my health, which in the long run isn't much of a downside at all.

That being said, I can only think that Nikki is correct in her assertion at the end of the story - if she leaves, it's all over, but if she holds on, then there is always hope, at least until James files for divorce, lol.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Both spouses are in Limbo and need closure, either divorce or some sort of reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with him. Stay out of her life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the story, and it really gives food for thought. I too wondered if James couldn't have a child with Nikki, unless there was something that happened either during Olive's birth, or afterward like she had her tubes tied? Since Nikki was more than willing, all she needed was James to have sex with her. Yes, there are some women getting pregnant in their 40's, so it could be possible for James to have a child of his own.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

While we'll written, it is full of nothing but pain and sorrow and isn't enjoyable at all. 3* because of the competence, but if it were based on enjoyment alone, it would be a 1.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The world is full of dumb people. We've just met two of them. So, a very realistic, well written story with a lot of tension and emotion. I totally disrespect James's action towards Olive however =4/5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So im really stupid but I want to respond to the anon from a month ago and clear up some things about #MeToo.

It's not about women getting drunk and having sex... It's about women who have be pushed by men into sexual situations in return for something they need, such as jobs or housing. It's about women who have been raped feeling silenced by a society that doesn't take them seriously. Yes there are morons who think its about punishing men and try to push that agenda but that is not the point of the movement. It is about empowering women to speak out against sexual assaults and harrasment.

The rape in this story was that Brendan used the "woops I was so drunk didn't realise it was you" move several times. It wasn't a silly mistake it was a planned assault. Sure she laughed a few days later thinking it was a genuine mistake. She only found out MUCH later that his part was an act. By legal definition if a person provides consent to sex under false pretenses and only later learns that was the case it becomes rape.

As for the right to abortion, wow ITS NOT ABOUT THE BABY. It's about women having autonomy over their own bodies. It is a tough and complex issue. I personally do not think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. However I think 12 year old girls raped by their step fathers should not be forced to carry a baby and risk their physical and mental health. The right to abortion is not "The most holy right to kill our own unborn children" It's the right to make decisions for themsevles about what happens to their body.

For those who read this far and want my opinion on the story?

I thought it was pretty good. This whole relationship died as if Nikki had cheated because in a way she did. She didn't trust her husband to tell her what had happened. The lies cut just as deep as an act of adultery. divorce happens because of a loss of trust and with a simple lie she killed her own marriage and sentenced two perhaps even three people to a miserable future.

Well written, I like the feeling that the ending is somwhat open. Perhaps after a couple years and some counciling James could come around? Perhaps these two people will just remain lonely and bitter? Me I think there is some hope, because I like to hope.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A sad sad tale of what happens when secrets are kept and lies are told. Laughing it off afterwards just made what happenedst that party more awful. She can laugh off the sex as a drunken mistake with the person who did it but can't tell her husband? He can't stay in contact with his daughter when he finds out he's not the dad but has raised her? As his last message said they were both guilty of behaving badly. Very sad indeed. Well written story though and insightful. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Other than the lying for 18 years thing (ouch) the finishing blow was that he found out the 3 of them laughed about the indiscretion a few days after the fact but never brought him into the loop. That frankly, is unforgivable.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted8 months ago

IMO. James shoulders more than half the blame.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I cannot understand some of the character's, and many of the commenters' reactions to this.

1. Drugging a woman, WITHOUT HER KNOWLEDGE, is rape. Getting her drunk, when she knows she's consuming alcohol, is NOT rape. Women want to make their own choices -- I certainly do --, so be it. Either we're children who need to be watched every minute, or we're adults and responsible for our own stupidity. As a woman, I'm damned offended by the #MeToo movement, like we're all delicate flowers who need to be protected because we're so damned stupid we can't help ourselves. Drunk or not, I am responsible, and don't you DARE try to take that away from me.

Olive is a far more mature woman than her mother: "Mum, did anyone else ever stick their dick in you?" A simple question. Yes, Nikki cheated, for some value of "cheating." Getting that blotto is on her.

Nikki knew she was drinking: "Everything was a blur of alcohol." As for the so-called 'rape': "Amy, Brendan and I had laughed about it days later, after Brendan felt guilty and confessed to her."

" I never counted it as cheating, because it was an honest mistake and it had lasted such a short time." If it isn't "cheating" then it wasn't "rape" to me, unless one is so terribly bigoted that they think we women do not have our own agency. The Taliban thinks we can't make our own decisions and live with the consequences. As a woman, I REJECT THAT.

2. The offspring of infidelity is in no way similar to an adoptee. That's a totally false analogy. We CHOOSE to adopt. The offspring of infidelity might be a constant reminder of infidelity. This doesn't apply to us women, of course, since we know we gave birth. But I don't think if I were a man that I'd abandon her. On the other hand, we women want the most holy right to kill our own unborn children, a unliateral decision since my husband would have no say in the matter, so we can be total self-centered pigs, just in a different way.

3. Despite when Mathias thinks, I would not call James a "coward." He even observed "He doesn't believe that Nikki wasn't fucking around." That's the trouble with secrets -- they shatter trust. Walking away from someone you can't trust (and James' opinion is what matters in James' decision) is not being a coward, it's a sane way to avoid strangling someone.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

so the victim of rape is thrown away by the husband after all those years ?? yet he keeps the relationship with the daughter who isn't his ??

mndhanson017mndhanson0179 months ago

Considering that he meets with Olive, he didn't abandon her, of course, guess no one read where he was withdrawn and looking to kill himself in those two years. Hard to explain to a spouse that you want to kill yourself and guess no one paid attention where he said how she, Amy, and Brendan laughed about it. It could have been a lie, but when you're pretty torn up about trust, you never know what could have been true. She shouldn't have kept that night locked up either because it would make anyone feel like the marriage has been a lie, even if he confronted her, would she had spoken about it? Maybe, maybe not, it took some time before she admitted of the tryst in the first one. Is there a debate for reconciliation, yeah, but who knows maybe she is able to rekindle that flame from nothing, we will never know and can only speculate.

JohnSimmsJohnSimms9 months ago

Wow. A horribly troubling story. Brendan, a serial rapist. Amy, a slow to wake up enabler. Nikki, young and immature, trusting the wrong people, maybe laughing in embarrassment. She doesn't tell James what happened. Probably, deep down, she knew he was weak and could not handle adversity. Olive totally, completely, utterly innocent and mistreated by the only father she knew. Matthias, another wronged innocent. Cheryl? WTF? Hedonist? Narcissist? James is a POS and Nikki is stupid to pine for him. This story may be implausibly possible but is well written and thought provoking. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Cutting off the child is harsh and paints the husband as an ass. As the parent of an adopted child, my wife and I treat her exactly the same as our bio kids and in fact often forget she is adopted.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

For 2 years with his wife trying everything to get James to talk to her he just lets his poor dumb ass fester and plan, letting hatred overcome all emotions. The he sneaks off. Fairly well written but he put himself in a position where he could not forgive and with no evidence to the contrary he came to the conclusion she was a cheating slut. He's a dickhead and deserves to wallow in his self pity.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

James is a cowardly, mentally weak asshole. He abandoned Olive. Staying for.two years then just se ering her from his life. I coukd personally understand if Olive told her "father" to fuck off and she wants nothing yo do with thr broken coward. I am a husband and father of two. His betrayal was infinitely worse than his wife. She should have told him of her precum incident with Brendan. Didn't understand thr laughing stuff. Wasn't highlighted earlier at all then when he calls Brendan the asshole and his stupid wife who is married to a predator rapist, he somehow believes theirr shone on the story over his wife's. Yeah trust was broken. But she was raped. She thought it was an accident but it wasn't. She had no idea remotely whatsoever that Olive was not James' biological daughter. Sad that she pines away for James. James is a cowardly piece of human garbage. Obviously twisted and broken. Readers can debate if there should be a reconciliation with his wife. Seems pretty clear cut that she was raped, though unknowingly yo her, as she was under influence of excessive alcohol and Brendan was not, but was pretending to be ger husband. The crux is not the apparent infidelity. It isn't even the lying. It is that James cannot accept that the child of the rape (he knows this afterwards, the laughing crap is inconsistent throughout the story and nonsensical, probably magnified by predator Brendan to "soften" the precum sexual assault), Olive, is not his biological father, and he is pining over the loss of having a biological child of his own. What a craven shithead. Olive is better off without him. He is a broken, spineless coward.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written. She is delusional and frankly stupid. I understand how James feels, however he's a wimp and a coward. He runs like a scalded dog and doesn't deserve any feelings but disdain.. Let me clarify; why not just face her and tell his wife in person he won't accept her lack of compassion and trust. Again she should move on a nd as Thug Bunny says fuckem'...

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

Interesting dilemma. I wonder if she could still give him his own child?

kirei8kirei812 months ago

It's the laughing about it that killed it for James, that and not being let in on the joke.

BstrdsUnOfJffrsUnBstrdsUnOfJffrsUnabout 1 year ago

Dude you've been reading too many Russian novels.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

The author makes some good points about little random Femdom agitprop mistakes, errors and sins having lifelong repercussions. I was hoping for a technical resolution, but no HEA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If Mattias didn’t want to lose his friend, then he shouldn’t have defended a woman who lied to her husband for almost 20 years.

Also, what a pathetic bitch, she can’t even kill herself properly!!!

ZK

nightdragon1nightdragon1about 1 year ago

I think you need to write an ending with James and Nikki reconciling.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

The MMC was and is in the right. Why? Because his wife discussed the 'Accident' with the husband and wife but NOT with her husband. If she would have done so right from the beginning none of this would be happening.

To him his wife had some sort of affair back then and never told him which is a lie and a coverup. Yes he is wrong for keeping it to himself BUT in no way could he talk to his wife about it since she lied by omission for all of those years. He did need to seek a therapist but typically real men are raised to handle issues by themselves otherwise they are judged weak.

One would hope there might be a third chapter to wit the daughter acts as a go between.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So sick and tired of these LW stories featuring emotionally stunted men who are rigid, moralistic, self-righteous, self-pitying, and absolutely refuse to talk to anyone. This James is one of the worst Ai’ve read. His selfishness is off the charts. He has no capacity or willingness to understand anyone else’s point of view. What a fucking baby.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

Ugh. Well written but so effing sad. He was a douche to cut his daughter out of his life. So selfish an action. And seriously; most wronged men in these LW stories never immediately confront their spouses. Makes zero sense.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Good but sad story.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Not in any way a happy ending, but the only one possible after her lying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a pathetic MC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

James is an asshole, he should have come back to her.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

Dude, where is part 3 when we hear it from his perspective? Great story and like all the others, characters and their development on point from what i have seen possibly the most deserving of reconciliation and thus far the least likely

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No end…No 5 star

Took off 3 stars for unfinished story

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

What a giant flaming loser pussy. I wish James was real so I could kick his ass. And I would too. This story enrages me. I absolutely loathe cowards. The story itself is fine but God damnit am I mad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James is a self-pitying, self-righteous ass. Nikki was wrong for not telling James what happened right after it happened. And why the hell didn’t she use the morning after pill? But to leave his daughter Olive? That is the confirmation of James’ intrinsic asshole-ness. (And shut up about biology - fatherhood is 5% biology and 95% love and behavior.) Childish and grotesquely immature, both James and Nikki. So pathetic.

Sons_LoveSons_Loveover 1 year ago

Finish the Damn Story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great potential - no ending

When authors do this, sadly I must give the lowest rating - 1 it should have been a five.

Anthe author often finishes such stories. He always says "Finish the **** story!!!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Twisted on so many levels. Yes she should have confessed. And I really don't get the "laughing" part. That struck an odd tone and coupled with no confession, probably was the deathblow of any reconciliation. Ironically though she really thought it was an "oops" moment with a lot of liquor involved and mistaken identity. As it turns out it was rape. She was too drunk for consent, Brendan play acted, and shoved himself in (barely) and she had no idea that she wa pregnant due to his precum. It is the after part that is surreal. Laughing? Wtf? That broke all tone for her character. She loves her husband deeply. Now on the other hand, given James' own flawed character (I.e abandoning his daughter for quite a while), there is no doubt that if she had confessed soon after, that while James may have forgiven her for something that was essentially a rape (though that would not be established at that time that Brendan was a sick predator) and was less than 'one slip', when James checked paternity later, and probably way earlier or even at childbirth, or maybe even before while Nikki was pregnant, James would leave her for Olive not being his biological daughter. In hindsight, she was drunk enough for a mistaken identity problem, then pushed him off after just a brief amount of contact, was proven to have been raped by virtue of Brendan's conviction, and yet if she had confessed given James' nature, he would have left anyways. What should she have done with her incomplete information about her encounter with Brendan? However, even if a reconciliation was warranted, it was impossible even after the convictions because it had metastasized for two years with James AND he found out from Brendan and Amy that Nikki laughed with them afterwards but never told him. Maybe if she had told him somewhere after a few years, she could have saved their marriage. But that is only knowing the truth of what Brendan did. No she got put into a situation not ofnher choosing that victimized both her and James and there was no way out especially when viewed through the lens of James' mental issues. I mean maybe if she had NOT laughed and took a polygraph. But even then thr 2 years of festering killed their marriage. Oly if James had the balls to confront Nikki when he had the paternity test. And honestly, while a lot of high and might readers on her would have said that she should have confessed at the beginning: (a) she had incompete knowledge that would not be available at that time that Brendan was a rapist predator who got off on this shit, (b) had zero expectation that James was not Olive's father, and (c) in hindsight if she HAD told James, he would have left after a paternity test. So yeah she was unknowingly checkmated years ago. In part because James is weak. Ironically Mathias chooses to stay with Cheryl, who he should have dumped, and James runs away from both Nikki and Olive, but should have stayed. Tragic.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Finish the Damn Story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James calling Mattias, sending messages to his sister, and reconnecting with Olivia are all this that go against the character you created in the first part of the story. It feels like you forced a reunion of James and Olivia and created false hope for Nikki.

Mattias is just an idiot for staying married to Cheryl, even if she never cheated again, once a spouse reveals his or her lack of respect towards the other and the marriage will never be any real trust. For the faithful spouse to stay is just disrespecting one’s self.

even though I usually give 1 star for a betrayed husband engaging in reconciliation with a cheating wife or her lover’s child; 2 star because this was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Writing is good.

Horrid little story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James is a coward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it 5 stars for the excellent quality of the writing and the transitioning which took place as the plot unfolded. But I didn't like it, and most certainly didn't "love it" although I checked that star status.

I have concluded that there must be some masochistic element in my psychological nature (and that of all the other readers who make it through this tale) that causes us to choose stories of this nature. Perhaps we all harbor some aspect of Nikki's forlorn hope things will work out even when all seems hopeless. If that is so...then it would be one of the few redeeming "flaws" in human nature.

"Carry on when all hope is gone."

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James is pathetic excuse of a man. I get so tired of the MC being portrayed so weak, so spineless, so self-absorbed. Nikie should be glad he is gone, and Olive most certainly deserves a better man for a 'dad' then this gutless wonder.

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

A sad but enjoyable tale. Not every story has a happy end. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written. But the premise that an 'Oops!' happened and she didn't confide it to her husband doesn't ring true. Such an omission would be more than embarrassment, but a significant character flaw. He would not have been the only one to notice the daughter didn't resemble him either. That is, unless she was incredibly inattentive or just stupid. Especially if pregnant soon after that 'Oops!'. The spouse would have had reason not to trust or believe her even if it was rape given these circumstances. You don't trust someone without reservation that deeply for it to become a blind spot and then just go back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So sad for both of them, she indeed should have told her husband at once and he should have told her when he started having suspicions. Oh well bad actions and choices all around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The American version: From Here to Paternity. With the character James played by a young Frank Sinatra.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story, but not credible. The husband is portrayed as a total schmuck. Or worse, a schmeckel. But at least a right cunt. Could a man with a 20 year marriage really be that mentally disturbed given the facts come out? Especially if he wanted to make it right with the daughter, but not a raped wife? It reads like a parody of a Greek tragedy. But no Aeschylus or Euripides here. This author isn't that bad. Merely much too predictable.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Sorry one more comment...Nothing in this story hss been written that James and Nikki could not have more kids.so .... "I agree with the ending. James is a character who loves his blood line to be continued". is a mute point.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

This is my first reading of one of your stories. It is well told, Greek tragedy well i don't see it. It is indeed a sad story. It also brings the question to why the real cheaters, being self absorbed would have told James the truth and then when he didn't respond positively to FUCK OFF and moved on with their lives. why Nikki would swell in her own self pity or just sorrow is a mystery to me. what about when James, the weak dick that he displayed , didn't confront her? she should make sure her daughter is OK and move on to a real man. James is pathetic character, full ethos and worst that the lowest CUCK ever featured in these pages. Again a well written and told story. Will read more of the writers work...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have a trend towards using the Greek Tragedy model as a framework for your stories. It's predictable and, by extension, boring.

In saying that I also hasten to add that you do have gift for a good story; however your current story arcitecture is REALLY holding you back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

James is the biggest asshole on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with the ending. James is a character who loves his blood line to be continued. He is saddened that it cannot happen in life. If he stays with his wife, it's the constant reminder of his failed life. It's better to move from the cheating wife. Yes she omitted one of the biggest secret from her husband. Considering the months she get conceived, she should have atleast woke up at that time. Paternity under threat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@dark2donut2….I challenge you to write something better. If not then stop your whining and find a story that appeals to you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Powerful and emotional. The part I loved the most was the real fidelity between the husband and wife, in the middle of the pain and confusion. The story could not have worked without the horrible communication, and therefore we would not have this gem without it. I still want a healing for them. Pretty crazy investment of emotions for a bunch of ones and zeros. Thanks for this treasure.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

This is so full of sugar it makes me wanna puke. Wanna write Shakespearian tragedy with this lemonade of a cause? So, it is a rape and the hubby character is abandoning his whole family after keeping it quiet for 2 years, going into self-destructive mode? Who does that? The whole story is describing a mentally and emotionally handicapped person (hubby) and not because of cheating but because your hubby character is a halfway to a complete lunatic.

What do you want to write? Romance novels with BTB twist?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another great story! It saddened me when the truth came out and I was hoping for a reconciliation. James was right about one thing, Nikki laughed about it with Amy and Brendan but didn't tell him. She kept that from him, their little secret. Did she not trust him to see it for what it was, a drunken engagement that she called off when she realized what was happening? The sex was a mistake, the secret was not. What is worse...a drunken tryst premeditated by the guy or keeping the secret from your husband while your best friend and her then husband knew all about it, laughed about it? Was the marriage irredeemable? Not really but who are we to tell another what they should feel or think?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

James did the right thing. She cheated and lied. If she was honest from the start I'm sure any guy would get over it. Truth hurts, but lies are worst.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story

Didn't like ending But I admit to being a romantic.

Only way to end. She cheated by not telling him immediately.

Absolution possible But not happening.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

James is a total asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't understand all the commenters that criticize James. There is no set template for how a man should feel that the daughter he raised isn't biologically his. That his wife was raped but didn't tell him.

The only thing i could really criticize him for would be the 2 years of stupid, that's about it.

He dealt with it the only way he knew how and that's completely fine.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Angering but that's high quality writing right there.

Decal_lastDecal_lastalmost 2 years ago

Very disappointing ending. James is not much of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This one will sit with me for awhile. One of the rare ones where you have sympathy for all parties. Gotta say, though, when the dust settled... James really sucks.

He pretty much admitted that he wants to ruin three lives because she lied. Once. After she was raped. A big lie, sure, but it wasn't malicious, and his reaction on learning the truth of what really happened is the definition of juvenile.

Anyway, it's the sign of a good story that makes a reader ponder instead of shrug and scroll on, so thank-you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad.

BlueGeeBlueGeealmost 2 years agoAuthor

People keep asking about maternity of Life and thinking that's a hole in the story.

It's not a hole.

It might be a mistake in the characters behalf, but characters in a story can and do make mistakes. It's called characterisation. It is intentionally avoided to highlight how damaged people make mistakes.

People in pain don't always think clearly.

That isn't a plot hole, it's a character trait.

Just saying.

Still, enjoy that people are thinking about the story, for whatever reasons.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

It was interesting story but with serious MISSES that have been mentioned by others that came to me while reading.

\

1. Is Olive Nikki's per DNA OR a hospital baby swap mistake?

\

2. Is Brenden the DNA father of Olive?

\

Without these two critical factors the story is at a stalemate - no redemption, no conclusions, just limbo due to James immaturity!

\

Hence there is no REAL conclusion to this saga.

\

3.3***, hooyah....., due to being incomplete and not well thought-out

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

Well-written story, but two big holes. Was a DNA test ever done to confirm whether or not Brendan was Olive's father? And is Nikki Olive' genetic mother? As babies do get switched at birth, I can't believe this possibility wasn't considered I thought this switched at birth was going to be your story! 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dudes kind of a moron. He should have bailed years ago when he found out and immediately started lifting.

Dude is in Australia. Just get a Filipino bride. Just a couple hour plane ride. Filipinas are very pragmatic, she'd have absolutely zero issue popping out a kid or two for him for citizenship if he were up front about everything. Might have to send her to nursing school or something. Don't be a dick and just pay for the schooling. When you divorce her she'll make good enough money for when she has the kids.

Oh and come to think of it he totally does need to have 2 kids. That way he can go back to his dingbat pseudo cheating wife and make her help him raise 2. Why 2 though? Because he would have 50/50 custody with his ex so the 2nd kid makes up for missing out half the time. Then every morning he can wake up next to his wife. And they can stare deeply into each others eyes in silence, both smiling. Then he can scream at the top of his lungs "Go make breakfast for someone else's kids girl cuck! Fucking sucks doesn't it? Well get moving! And don't pull that Lucky Charms crap again. Make them something as if you actually cared about them like they were your own kids and not some latchkey kid your real kids befriended that you feel sorry for because they never want to go home because his parents ignore him! You know, that kid that is not allowed to use the oven so he ate a box of Kraft Mac n' Cheese noodles raw and ended up puking it all up over the new trampoline your father bought for the kids with what your parents got back on their taxes! And you had to throw it out because you couldn't get the smell out no matter what you threw at it and had to make your kids lie to their grandparents when they ask them if they're enjoying the new trampoline!"

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 2 years ago

A real honest to god tragedy. It all makes sense, but somehow, someone should ask the question of both James and Nikki: "Are you better off without your spouse or not?" In t his case I can't believe either could honestly say: "without". Sometimes you come out way ahead when you are backed into an impossible position and have to fight your way out. Once in my life with my long term partner we had a terrible fight (about what I really don't remember) and she assumed that I would be leaving and was making appropriate preparations. I stopped in the middle of these preparations and looked at her and said forcefully: "Do you want me to leave?" She didn't really hesitate and said just as forcefully: "No". So I didn't, and we stayed together for the rest of her life. As I've said in commentary on many a story in Literotica, so many problems are solved or at least resolved if people only talk to each other. You can never return to where you once were, but usually you're better off together than apart. One might ask of the author of this tragedy: why didn't James and Nikki have other children? That would have made all the difference in the world. In reading other stories by this author I conclude that we have a very inexperienced, perhaps naïve writer who only sees the world in stark black and white and not the shifting grey that it really is. 4*

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Need a third part to finish the story….

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 2 years ago

James is a prick of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The first part had promise. The second part was a disappointment to say the least. Not that James wanted anything do with Nikki, but your explanation of this so called “rape” was really not her fault. Drunk and mistook Brendan’s fault only. After a little bit more experience on your part, the storyline should improve. A four star on the first part, a two star on the second.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

They never confirmed if it was that guy Brennden who was father. I thought it was going to be a mix up at the hospital and babies were switched by accident

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a waste of fucking time! A woman lies about being raped, a scumbag abandons a girl who has only ever known him as a father. Where are the minus scores?

cyendreycyendreyalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic. The other more obvious possibility is tgat Olive isn’t their daughter - nothing in story indicates that her maternal heredity was verified.

The guy is a passive aggressive coward, little better than her rapist. IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

James is a fucking coward

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just fucking boring, Wasted my time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Just One Man's Opinion" below, speaks for me. Eloquently and Cogently. Nuff said.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Only innocent is Olive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
What was the point?

This was a sad, miserable, pointless story. What were you trying to write? We’re you trying to make James out to be a macho btb man that burns his wife.?

Was this about a wife’s rape, or an infidelity?

Was this about a father abandoning his daughter?

Did you want us to sympathize with James?

Did you want us to think James was an asshole? because that’s what I took from this story.

Or maybe you just wanted to write a sad story.

I’m not trying to attack you bluegee, but I was really confused about what point your story was trying to make, maybe I just completely missed it.

Thank you for your time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

reply:

ibuguserabout 1 hour ago

"I should have talked to your mother when I first got the results". No shit Sherlock.

I think everyone is better off without James in their lives.

Of course, it's all the VICTIM's fault because said victim just happens to have a penis. She lied by omission for TWENTY years for her own benefit. He kept HER secret for two to spare his daughter the pain and suffering before she graduated and left to start her own life, then walked away and left a ten-times worse liar EVERYTHING they built. How is HE the asshole here again? Pay attention to the actual story stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

muddled mess

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No heroes here. Many commenters seem to think that a claim of rape nullifies Nikki's poor choices. First, her "one time with Brendan and he didn't even cum in me" wasn't on the face of it rape. She didn't think it was; it appeared to her for years to be a drunken mistake and a result in part of her bad choices. And indeed until this nightmare scenario and LOTS of digging, it had never came out that "Brendan" did the same thing with 8 or 9 different women. Yes, now it's apparent that Brendan had an MO, a standard plan to have sex with other women while they were drunk and unable to give consent. It's rape, BUT the fact remains, Nikki never told her husband and it does seem that even she acknowledges that she was over-the-top, out-of-line with her "flirting" with Brendan; she made very bad choices and ended up where bad things could happen. She is NOT a total innocent, even though as it turns out, she is undoubtedly a victim of non-consensual sexual assault.

As for James, yes, he was terribly wrong and unfair to reject Olive for something about which she was wholly innocent. But for all those who think James is a complete piece of shit, think for a moment about finding out after so many years that your one and only child is not biologically yours; that your wife must have cheated on you and concealed it for all that time. Just like Nikki, he's human too; he made a mistake with Olive, a terrible one that he is trying to mitigate. But he also has been wounded by a wife who lied about never having had "sex" with anyone else, a wife who concealed the fact that her overly "flirtatious" drunken behavior had led to her being in a compromised position, and a wife who finally pieces together after almost 20 years that the "innocent" mistake with Brendan was part of a long pattern of activity by that predator. She did not know that and could not know that when her "mistake" happened. It took years of Brendan's misconduct and people then piecing it together to make sense of a criminal's MO. But spare a bit of pity for James; he was blindsided by a man's worst nightmare because Nikki chose NOT to tell him what had happened with Brendan.

I guess all of this is to say that Nikki's concealment of the "one time penetration and he didn't even cum inside of me" came back to viciously bite her and James both. As I said at the start of this comment, there are no heroes, just badly damaged people. This story is very well written and its unsatisfying ambiguity because sometimes, there are circumstances and choices where everyone loses; sadly, that is a reflection of real life.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 2 years ago

"I should have talked to your mother when I first got the results". No shit Sherlock.

I think everyone is better off without James in their lives.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

I would have also left her....her laughing about the incident with the other 2 involved parties without telling James is the nail in her coffin. She didn't respect him enough to have full disclosure and instead honored the other couple by choosing their friendship over her relationship with her husband. That is a betrayal that many would think inconsequential but is a cancer. It ate at the foundations of their marriage

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

This is a great story, but because it's so sad and feels unfinished I only rated it 4-stars. As the author 'BlueGee' says ... James is not a sympathetic victim in this story. To my way of thinking, James not only let his hate consume his love for his wife but also his daughter. That's unforgivable, no matter the circumstance Olive is the innocent one. The man, and I use that term lightly, to turn on her, the one who loves the man who has been her father figure, her protector, her knight in shining armor for eighteen years, is just ... TOTALLY unbelievable.

I recall another story where the father did the DNA test nearly destroyed his marriage and family and they discovered that the hospital had mixed up the name tags of two families giving birth at the same time and sent them home to be raised by the other family. That is what I thought this might be when I started reading it.

NOW ... for the smallminded idiots that think because a woman laughs about a rape or doesn't immediately report it and tell the world about it, EDUCATE yourself and read about the trauma and shame that practically every rape victim experiences. Denial is one of the top responses. It's easier to pretend it didn't happen, or it was a mistake, just move on and try to push it to the far corners of their minds. Because their friend would never do something like 'that', never hurt them like 'that'. That's why so much incest goes unreported. We put our faith in those who would never hurt us, and then they do.

One other bit of info for the brain dead of uneducated. PRECUM has little swimmers in it, most are dead in the beginning, and it would be very rare, but it only takes one sperm to fertilize the egg. Also, if you use the pull-out method, you're very likely to be a daddy before you know it. The closer to ejaculation the more sperm get into the precum. Have a Happy Father's Day, dad!

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

When she decided not to tell her husband some guy tried to fuck her, she doomed their relationship. It’s not like the guy walks into a bathroom and saw her naked. MAYBE they agree to not share that embarrassment, but even that event should be shared with her spouse. No, the guy stuck his dick into her! How the fuck do you not tell your spouse about that?

I hated how James treated his daughter, Yes HIS daughter! He is the only father she has ever known and he was a total dick. Finally, in the end he tries to reconnect with Olive, he’ll never be able to repair the damage he did by rejecting his innocent daughter.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 2 years ago

of the 4 stories you've written and I've read-this is by far and away the best.

BlueGeeBlueGeealmost 2 years agoAuthor

I wasn't going to comment, but for those of you that liked it, thanks, for those that didn't, that's fine too. This is fiction, there are obvious liberties taken with certain things. Everyone can read and/or view the story how they like, that's cool. We all have our own proclivities and that's great. It's a story about lost communication and broken trust and is something that happens every day in every suburb across the world. People don't have the gift of foresight and thus often make decisions based upon false information or half-truths and can live to regret it.

For those that decry James, I didn't write him to be a sympathetic and tragic hero, but one half of the problem that ends with the destruction of a marriage. His cowardice is front and center as is his anger.

But I wanted to just give a shout out to @miket0422. Thanks for your comments, I really do appreciate them. As to your concern over the plot point you were unhappy with, can I humbly suggest that you re-read the opening of Chapter 1, as it deals directly with James' inability to conceal his displeasure, and that Nikki was well aware that there were deep seated problems with her marriage, she just wasn't sure what they were.

Thanks again.

DecafHighDecafHighalmost 2 years ago

LOL at all the cucks in here thinking James is a piece of shit. This woman cheated on him, lied to him for decades about it and tried to pass off another man's child as his own. And he is supposed to do what? Just get over it? Fuck that.

This is basically every man's worst nightmare. I thought he handled it about as nobly as any man could, stuck around till the child was an adult then left to restart his life. He didn't BTB or anything else like that. He found out his entire life is a lie and that the woman he loved had cheated him out of ever having kids of his own.

No, James isn't the asshole here. Hopefully any part 3 has James moving on and finding himself a younger woman that will finally love him enough to be honest and faithful to him and give him the chance to finally have kids of his own.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

"We both need to atone for our transgressions" tell me please, what are the husband's transgressions against his wife?

3*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlueGee@BlueGee
Not all stories need heroes, not all stories need villains, sometimes they are people making good or bad decisions for bad or good reasons, human fallibility is always more interesting. My stories, even when dealing with infidelity aren't going to be mindless, dull btb stori...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Lament Ch. 01 Previous Part
Lament Series Info