Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 01

Story Info
A middle-aged couple finds their vacation plans changed.
10.6k words
4.29
36.3k
31

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/09/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SirAuthor
SirAuthor
580 Followers

LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN

PART ONE of TWO

~~~

PLANS CHANGE

Author's notes: This is a long two-part story about married couples swapping spouses for the first time. If that doesn't appeal to you, read no further.

If you like this story, you may like stories I wrote under the pen name, "pellucidbard." After a long hiatus from writing, I couldn't remember login's, etc. and had to reestablish under a new pen name.

Please enjoy "Land of the Midnight Sun."

PROLOGUE

My wife and I own an architectural firm in New Hampshire and serve the northern part of New England. We make a pretty decent living, but the business is very demanding and we typically work six days a week. Every second month we take a 4-day 'weekend', typically, to go hiking or snow skiing according to the season. Once a year, we take a two-week vacation and every second year, that vacation is taken with my wife's brother and his wife. This story is about our last biennial vacation with them -- a ski trip to Sweden.

In business and in life, I have learned you don't know what the next hour, day or week may hold. You make plans, develop routines, and have expectations. Frequently, however, a turn of events catches you off-guard and is unwelcome. But on rare occasions, the unexpected can be desirable, even life-changing.

This story is about one of those times. But it doesn't start that way.

INTRODUCTIONS

I'm Sean, 46. My wife, Lynn, is 42. We enjoy outdoor activities and keep fit by running regularly -- 5-K together, three times a week; and once a week, I do a brisk 10-K (my knee-limited distance). My wife faithfully adheres to a substantial fitness regimen. I do stretches, sit-ups and push-ups each morning, that's it. I lack the patience for long work outs.

Lynn is a sultry, statuesque brunette -- She has a medium, olive brown complexion owing to Moorish-Sicilian ancestry. Her oval face is highlighted by full, dark eyebrows, dark brown eyes, a slender, medium length nose and moderately full lips. Her dark brown hair hangs to the small of her back, is worn straight and often tied in a loose ponytail draped in front of one shoulder.

At 5'-11" and 135 lbs., she is tall and shapely, with an elongated hour glass figure (38-25-36). Full C-cup breasts nicely fill out her slightly broad chest. With her trim waist, flat stomach, medium hips and firm, shapely derriere, she has an amazing body. But I think her long, perfectly shaped legs are her best physical attribute.

The first time I saw her was from behind. She had on a short, snug-fitting skirt which highlighted her rear and nicely displayed her long, shapely legs. I thought, if she looks as good from the front, I will have to marry her.

She did. And I did. (After much begging and conniving on my part.)

I'm an average to handsome guy -- depending on whom you ask. My once blond, now dirty-dishwater-blond hair is worn in a standard business cut, combed to one side and back. I'm clean shaven (can't grow a decent mustache or beard). I have average facial features, a moderately strong jawline and chin, and an average-sized nose that is slightly crooked from being broken. I've been told my 'bedroom' eyes are my best facial feature. I don't know. I have two. They are blue.

Women are probably attracted to me more for my body than my face. I'm 6'-3', 210 lbs. and fairly powerfully built. If I was shorter, I would be called stocky. Although I don't have the classic V-shaped upper body and cut physique of a bodybuilder, a fair number of women have found my body appealing. My wife says I 'reek' of 'manliness'. So, I reek. Oh, she also says I have a great ass. I'd rather be known for a handsome face, but I guess I'll take what I can get -- 'ass' and 'reek'. At least she didn't put the two together.

I. PLANS CHANGE

Our biennial vacation with my wife's brother and sister-in-law was two weeks away. As usual, Lynn was stressing: What are we forgetting; what arrangements didn't we make; what's the weather going to be; what to pack; tickets, passports...

I do the same thing, only I wait till the last day when it's too late to fix anything.

I was assuring my wife we were on track when her cell phone chimed with her sister-in-law's number. She answered cheerfully, but her smile quickly faded.

"I'm so sorry...No...Of course...Don't worry about it...Yes...No...Mm hmm...Okay, you just take care of Ricky...Love you, too. Keep us updated...Mm, bye." Lynn looked crestfallen.

"What happened? What about Rick?"

"He's in the ICU in serious but not life-threatening condition. A speeding car t-boned his in an intersection. He will require several surgeries. Needless to say, they have to cancel their trip with us. What now? Do we cancel...?"

I interrupted, "Honey, we can't cancel. Our son wasn't in an accident. These things are non-refundable. I feel terrible about Rick and our in-laws, but two years have gone into planning this vacation. And it's also for our 20th anniversary."

"I know, I know. And that's exactly what Charlotte said. I just have to adjust to it being only us."

"Charlotte's right, honey. And, hey, why can't we considerate it a second honeymoon."

A slight grin appeared, and she replied, "Mmm, a 'romantic' vacation for two might be just what we need. Romance has waned a bit, lately."

"Second honeymoon it is!" I replied as she wrapped me up in a warm hug.

For the past eight months, we've been adding and training new staff to ultimately reduce our own workload, and in the interim, working very long hours. As a result, we've had very little quality time for romance and sex. However, we were able to complete the training and restructuring of our operations before this vacation, so we are looking forward to a less stressful future, with more personal time.

At 20 years, we have an active sex life, and we've developed tried and true positions and techniques to optimize pleasure, but sex has started to be a bit routine. It needed some spicing up. We tried various things, until we recently hit on something that added some variety and excitement -- fantasy roleplay. It turned out we both liked liaisons with imaginary couples. My wife also enjoyed a girl-on-girl fantasy (I got pretty good at being the girl...don't get the wrong idea.)

Our fantasies were certainly based within the realm of possibility, but not probability. We knew we would never have the combination of opportunity and collective nerve to act on any of them.

II. PLANS CHANGE...AGAIN

Four days before our departure, we were all set. My wife was satisfied with preparations and we were getting excited about our romantic trip for two.

Charlotte's number chimed. She had exciting news.

No, they couldn't go. Yes, Rick's first surgery went well. Oh, but guess what? This is so great! We found someone to use our reservations and tickets! Oh, you'll love them.

They're a nice young couple...

All this with my wife barely talking, staring into space and biting her lip. Then with feigned enthusiasm and the normal pleasantries, she hung up and stood there.

I asked, "Well?"

"You're not going to believe this, but Sam and Charlotte found a couple to take their place. They will meet up with us in New York."

"So much for our second honeymoon," I groused, "at least someone we know and like, I hope?"

"No," she shook her head, "she's sending their info. Apparently, our travel dates coincided with this couple's spring break and by adding a week, they could join us."

I lost it. "Spring break?! How old are they, 19?"

Obviously upset herself, Lynn answered, "Honey, I don't know. All she said was they're a 'nice young couple'. she's sending an email with their info." She flopped on the divan and I slumped beside her.

We never had children, so never experienced parenthood. We sure as hell didn't want to start now! I put my arm around her and muttered, "We're screwed."

III. THE 'NICE YOUNG COUPLE'

When we got the email, we were somewhat relieved. The couple turned out to 26 and 23, respectively. Greg is a grad student training to be a forensic pathologist, and his wife, Jessica is an astronomy major in her senior year. According to our in-laws, both are very smart, mature and well grounded. They didn't sound bad, just young. And you had to wonder, what could we possibly have in common?

We flew into JFK the day before our flight to Stockholm and checked into the Courtyard Hotel, next to the airport. Our new travel mates were taking over our in-laws' room and would meet us at the hotel, later that day.

We arrived around three p.m.; they were scheduled to arrive around six. We got a quick bite to eat, relaxed till five, then freshened up and changed. While relaxing, we discussed the changes to our vacation and resigned ourselves to the situation. We would make the best of it.

If life gives you limes, find someone with tequila and...Hey, I know it's lemons, but whoever heard of tequila and lemons?

We made reservations at the "144 Restaurant" for 8 p.m. At 5:30, Greg called to let us know they had arrived, were checking in, and needed a few to freshen up and change their rumpled clothes. They'd had a long flight from SoCal. We agreed to meet them in the cocktail lounge at 6:30.

We arrived at the lounge not knowing what they looked like, so we looked for a 'nice', young couple. Turned out, there were several youngish couples there. As we eyed each one, none eyed us back. Before we appeared to be cruising young people, we took a seat and waited. Shortly, a handsome couple entered and headed right for us.

"Hi. Sean and Lynn, I hope?"

Standing, we greeted and shook hands.

Greg introduced them, "I'm Greg, and this is my wife, Jessica."

"Jessie," she added, beaming.

Greg continued, "We thought it was you from Sam's description. So glad to meet you."

After exchanging pleasantries, we informed them we had an hour before we needed to head to the restaurant.

I ordered drinks -- Tequila Sunrise for Lynn, Margarita on the rocks for me. I asked Greg and Jessie what they would like.

Jessie spoke up, "I've never had a Tequila Sunrise. I'll try one with Lynn."

Greg had a Margarita with me.

We got acquainted over drinks, then a fabulous meal at the 144. Greg and Jessie turned out to be how our in-laws described them -- smart, mature and down to earth.

Greg was a tall, slim, handsome young man with a slightly angular face, brown eyes, a straight, longish nose that fit his angular face, and a strong jawline and average chin with a slight cleft. His naturally wavy, sandy brown hair was worn just over the collar and ears and had that natural, tousled look that I guess would pass for 'post-grad chic'. At 6'-2" and 180 lbs., he was almost as tall as me, but leaner, with more of a V-shaped chest and broad shoulders -- kind of a swimmer's build. He was sporting a typical SoCal tan, as they, like our in-laws, are from Orange County (think Disneyland).

Jessie was quite attractive, but not like an actress or model -- more like the girl-next-door, but the 2.0 version. Her face wasn't exactly a head turner, just pretty. Her long, straight, silky blonde hair, hung just below the bottom of her bosom, nicely framing her tanned, slightly round face. Sparkling blue eyes and a devastating smile enhanced her attractiveness.

Her body was another story -- It was a head turner. At about 5'-4" and 110 lbs., she was petite with an almost girlish figure, average to narrow chest and hips, and a narrow waist. One exception. Under her blue, cashmere sweater, she appeared to be smuggling a rather large pair of breasts. And her pale blue leggings did nothing to hide her shapely, muscular legs and very firm butt. I would guess her 'top heavy' figure to come in at about a 38-22-32 -- kind of a gymnast's body with big boobs.

We learned they were both skiers, enjoyed backpacking, and were into surfing and kitesurfing. The more we learned, the more our apprehension about their age, dissipated. Except looking at them made me feel much older.

IV. TROUBLESOME ATTRACTIONS

Our trip to Stockholm made for a 16-hour travel day, beginning from our hotel in New York and ending at our hotel in Stockholm. Our 10-hour-plus Icelandair redeye flight, which included a layover in Keflavik, took off from JFK at around 8:30 p.m. on the 13th and landed at Stockholm Arlanda, about 1 p.m. local, on the 15th (you lose six hours and a day).

We arrived at the Berns Hotel around 3:30 p.m., feeling disheveled and jet lagged. We agreed to meet at 7 p.m. and go down to the "Asiatiska" Asian restaurant, one of the hotel's two fine restaurants.

After a quick shower, I passed out. Lynn woke me to dress. She was already dolled up and wearing a stunning, dove gray jacket and H-line skirt outfit with a powder-pink blouse. The skirt hit about mid-thigh and highlighted her gorgeous legs and fabulous butt. What a good-looking woman. After my nap, I was feeling revived and wishing she was in a different suit!

When Greg and Jessie arrived at our room to join us for dinner, Jessie was wearing a Navy-blue jacket with matching slacks, nice looking on her, but no big deal.

However, her jacket was worn open, and underneath, a diaphanous, cream-colored blouse was doing its best to contain her full, D-cup sized breasts. Under the blouse, she was apparently wearing a camisole as no bra was evident, but her breasts appeared to sag very little -- seriously firm, or seriously fake? I couldn't tell. Also, through the gauzy blouse and thin camisole, faint shadows from obviously dark, rather large aureoles were noticeable -- if one was looking. I was. I'm not a breast man, per se, but how the hell was I going to not stare at those big girls. I guess I could ask her to button the jacket...didn't look doable, though.

Oh yeah, Greg. He came, too. He was wearing something. It was probably nice.

Don't get me wrong. Other women, are just eye candy. I've never been seriously interested in or involved with another woman since Lynn.

And, right now, the only problem I was having with Jessie was: Her pretty face and devastating smile; her sweet personality; her full bosom, firm young body, awesome ass and great legs; her 'everything' different from Lynn; and the googly eyes she was giving me all through dinner.

Other than those few issues, no problem.

Consequently, I, myself, couldn't help staring. I tried. A subtle elbow to the ribs told me I wasn't successful.

If I'd been paying attention, I would have noticed I wasn't the only one ogling someone. Greg was apparently trying hard not to stare at Lynn all through dinner, and failing. Lynn noticed. I didn't. I was busy and it wasn't my fault...

When we were seated at our table, I sat on Lynn's left as is our habit (I'm left-handed, she's right -- it just works better). Greg, it turns out, is also left-handed and he and Jessie did the same as us, so he's across from Lynn and I'm directly across from Jessie and her big tits and dazzling smile -- I was screwed. And not in a good way.

Going with Japanese fare, we had plenty of warm sake with an excellent dinner. Afterwards, we retired to the least crowded bar for drinks (the hotel has several).

Jessie introduced the topic of ages.

"I hope I'm not being rude, but we assumed you would be close in age to Sam and Charlotte, and you're obviously much younger."

Lynn asked, "Didn't they show you any pictures of us?"

Jessie answered, "This all happened kind of fast and done by phone and quick emails. I guess nobody thought to send pictures."

Greg added, "They were out of town when we found out about this, and with almost no time, we had to act fast."

Lynn continued, "Well, to answer your question, we are around 5 years younger than Sam and Charlotte. I'm 42 and Sean is 46."

Greg expressed surprise, "Not really? After meeting you, we were guessing you're both somewhere in your 30's."

I feigned embarrassment and joked, "Oh, stop it. I already paid for dinner." I added, "Actually, at first, we thought you were going to be much younger and less mature. We are thankful that's not the case and are more comfortable with you than we expected."

Lynn flashed a bright smile and raised her glass, "Here's to a great vacation."

We joined in the toast, and I ordered another round. Our bar, more of a cocktail lounge (with an older crowd, in general) had a 3-piece ensemble playing soft music. There was a small dance floor so I asked Lynn to dance.

As we moved around the floor, I held her close; she lifted her head and engaged me in a warm, tender kiss. That was just the romantic stimulation I needed to lose the battle I'd been waging all through dinner to not get an erection. Lynn smiled when she felt it brush against her leg (It was trapped down my left pants leg, where I usually dangle).

She whispered in my ear, "How about you take me back to the room after this and fuck my brains out."

That offer didn't help my state of arousal. And, I was surprised by Lynn's choice of phrasing. She rarely uses coarse language, except during sex, then the more aroused she is, the more vulgar the language.

I answered, "That sounds like a lovely idea. I'd be happy to fuck your brains out." I then pulled her close and kissed her with more passion than I had in quite a while.

A few feet away, Greg and Jessie had joined us and were in a romantic embrace of their own. When the band took a break, we returned to the table, and I was glad it was dark. By this time, my erection was pressing firmly against my pants leg, making an obvious bulge.

After finishing our second round of cocktails, I was about to order one more, when Jessie spoke up.

She looked at me and shyly asked my wife, "Would it be okay if I danced with Sean?"

"Of course, silly; long as I can take Greg for a spin," Lynn giggled, obviously buzzed.

We went to the dance floor and I assumed an appropriate hold with Jessie. As we danced, she drew closer; I felt her ample bosom lightly press into me. This did not help my aforementioned erection, which as it tried to lever up into position, had migrated even farther in front of my thigh.

That's when Jessie broke our hold, wrapping her arms around my waist, essentially pasting her body to mine. In the process, she inadvertently (I think) bumped my erection with her pelvic area.

I was aghast. I didn't know how to react or how to avoid it happening again. My concern became irrelevant when Jessie intentionally pressed her pelvis firmly against my dick. I didn't know what to do, so I pulled her closer and enjoyed the moment.

Suddenly it dawned on me: Tall, hard-bodied, handsome young Greg was dancing with my drunken wife! What were they up to? I had to look. A few feet away, I could see my wife had her head on his shoulder, body plastered to his, arms around him, hands wandering over his muscular back (At least they weren't on his butt). I had a serious flash of jealousy.

I didn't get to entertain it long. In my present state, with the sensory input I was receiving, above and below the belt, my focus was quickly redirected. Thank goodness the song finally ended. My dick was trying to chew through my pants.

When we returned to the table, conversation was more subdued. I decided to pass on another round and settled the tab. When we headed to the elevator, I noticed Lynn was flushed down to the V of her pink blouse. I couldn't see her nipples, but I just knew those little bitches were hard as pencil erasers.

Yeah, I was a bit piqued.

After a silent ride in the elevator, we said our 'goodnights' and headed to our rooms. Before I could get too upset, Lynn put her arm around my waist and whispered, "Come on stud, get me back to the room. I'm on fire," then snickered, "I can see your hose is charged and ready to put out the flames!"

SirAuthor
SirAuthor
580 Followers