All Comments on 'Laura'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 194 Comments
Bri29Bri2927 days ago

Quality tale I really enjoy seeing from both perspectives and the emotions were well described .👍

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne27 days ago

A slice of life. Well told.

LechemanLecheman27 days ago

How is it the guy that screwed up a woman's' marriage is awarded a promotion by the bank and the wife punished?

Yes, the MCs wife went overboard with the 'strange' but the perpetrator of her eventual woes gets off scot-free.

Anyway, it is only fiction.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit27 days ago

I think you made this very real. The tracking of her time away from the kids is a real tactic. It worked for me to ensure joint physical custody

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4627 days ago

A serious dose of consequences. thanks

francemanfranceman27 days ago

As much reality as any LW story.

As usual, just a woman who suddenly becomes stupider than a cow.

What percentage of women really think there will be no consequences?

What percentage of women really think that after having an affair for so long and so posted, they can get back into their marriages and families as before? As if nothing had happened?

That there will be no repercussions? Especially after clearly implying that her husband couldn't satisfy her as well?

And if they stayed together, then she would have to spend the rest of her life frustrated, knowing what she couldn't get .....??

And he, too, would have to spend the rest of his life knowing that he's not big enough, long enough, not ...... enough for her.

And this is the basis on which this marriage should continue? What a bright future! Only happiness?

No, really, no repercussions.

As said before, another intelligent, responsible, independent woman on LW.

JRandyJJRandyJ27 days ago

The asshole she cheated with got off scot free with a promotion. Still has his little dick, still has his balls, teeth, knees, use of hands and no scars on his face. That knocked a 5 star to a 3 star.

LanmandragonLanmandragon27 days ago

Wow, a thoughtful and even almost believable story. The timeline was unusually realistic. My only hedge is the stupidity of the wife (as in all LW stories); are people really so far from reality?

knoxhardknoxhard27 days ago

He doesn't say anything to her about the condoms?! Not realistic.

lc69hunterlc69hunter27 days ago

Come on, you BTBers. You need to start being more creative than this. You write a brain dead wife, and then set this up as a five page morality tale.

But if that is makes your little peckers hard, so be it

MwestohioMwestohio27 days ago

I agree with knoxhard. You set out to make a more realistic story but start with an unbelievable premise. Good writing though

Buster2UBuster2U26 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for this heartbreaking story. Stupid wife ultimately burned so bad. Too bad her lover, Trey, didn't have an accident coming out of a bar at night. I guess that can't always happen. Cheating wife pays the price for her cheating. LOL Good Job. Thanks for the Effort. Buster2U

someoneothersomeoneother26 days ago

I liked the story and the writing (despite a few typos). It is just hard to fathom that a wife would be stupid enough to continue an affair with a younger guy after she was caught and warned. However if we assume the existence of the Martian Slut Ray, the story works well.

Nasty56Nasty5626 days ago

Sad that Trey got out of it with a promotion, another big dick asshole get a big win!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now26 days ago

Trey needed some serious consequence ... but otherwise, the tale was great! Loved it.

The two jokes at the end warranted a chuckle from me - well done!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed26 days ago

His lawyer was supposed to be so good and Trey was named in the divorce, yet he didn't suggest filing suit on the bank after the divorce went through? Any business that needs public trust would have wanted to avoid court and probably demoted or fired both adulterers.

gatorhermitgatorhermit26 days ago
Credible Story

IRL Laura will find another man (or men) if she is as good looking as portrayed. Interesting that the perp got away with it - sooner or later he will likely pay a price - or maybe not. Some comments were made about suing the bank - hubby needed her to stay employed so he wasn’t saddled with alimony.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence26 days ago

"Laura, why would you think your husband would be willing to compete with a younger man with a bigger cock? You going to Trey told him he already lost so why should he contribute playing? "

BigDee44BigDee4426 days ago

I just wish that, like Rob, I knew that something was going on while it was occurring. Blind me, I was only informed 4 years after the fact because her conscience was bothering her. Never have I gotten a true explanation.

desecrationdesecration26 days ago

Martian Zombie Slut Ray, i.e. fear of mortality, strikes again. "I still have it!" Yes, ...briefly.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

It took him A YEAR to even find out what she was doing?!? I don’t generally blame the cheated on person, but egads! How does he hold down a job being that passive and pathetic? She knows he’s seen the condoms, and he never confronted her? Of course she continues the adultery! He accepted her behavior!!!

/

She probably just desperately wanted a partner with some testosterone. Of course, she could have dated a lesbian who was more butch than her husband!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

“I visited the account balances of our joint credit card and lowered the maximum that we were able to charge to the card. I told Laura that this was a security thing that if the card were stolen or hacked it would limit out liability. She agreed that it was a good idea; the banker in her.”

/

The phrase you’re looking for is: “I lowered our credit limit.” Of course that’s stupid because the percentage available vs used affects your credit score. Also a CREDIT card has NO liability to the account owner for any charges made by thieves. Perhaps you were thinking of DEBIT cards, linked to a checking or savings account? If the wife was a banker, she would know all of this, and would call out the MC!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

“What had I done wrong to drive her away into the arms of some other guy?”

/

The question that only a weak ass piece of shit asks. No man I know would ever have that reaction. We all know what we did, or didn’t do. If you know you didn’t do anything wrong, then it’s all on her. Women have agency. They make choices. Hold them accountable for their decisions!

/

ZK

deependerdeepender26 days ago

Hark! A new record for the LW freeze!

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Okay. I finally finished this pile of drek. My gut reaction to the MC is that he’s Johnny Fontane crying in the Godfather’s office: “What can I do, What can I do?”.

/

Don Corleone slaps him and says: “You can act like a man! What’s the matter with you?” That’s what this story needs. Someone to slap the husband and tell him to ACT LIKE A MAN!!!

/

ZK

PolpolpPolpolp26 days ago

A nice Real tale, thx you

skruff101skruff10126 days ago

The preamble mentioned the authors views on the reality of the breakdown of a marriage, that it doesn’t necessarily happen in a flash but deteriorates over time, which for the most part is correct, with one spouse having suspicions but no proof and those doubts gnawing away at the foundation of the relationship.

That being the case the box of condoms should have received more of a response as in a discussion at the very least, that would be closer to reality as the author wanted. The reasoning behind the ignoring of that big red flag doesn’t really hold to that reality.

The two year delay before doing anything again goes against reality, it’s possible there would be a certain amount of waiting but two years? unlikely.

As with practically all LW stories the wife was delusional in her assumption that her husband’s love would be her salvation. In the real world love never has nor ever will work like that.

Hubby doesn’t come off as much better, the ostrich approach to possible problems never works either.

It’s definitely nearer reality than the fantasy spouted by most of the authors in this category.

bacchant2bacchant226 days ago

Basing your entire on the phallacy of 'size matters' turned your whole story into a joke. You need to do your research.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

You use to be a good writer until you started listening to the BTB - Brigade. Your early stories are your best work.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Laura's kids don't care that she's been gone for many weekends and has now moved out. Rob got more sex for a few months, but that was replaced by a lot more stress and legal fees. And Treyvon sleeps up to a new promotion, getting his ex-girlfriend's job, and moves on to a new girlfriend.

PowersworderPowersworder26 days ago

It was a decent effort, but when you write a long story like that, it needs a proper ending.

Rob got cheated on by his size-queen wife, goes through a load of shit, then finally divorces the slut.

So what happened to him next?

-

This needed a positive conclusion to Rob's life post-divorce, where he meets someone new and better. The kids needed a mother, and their actual mother was a selfish piece of shit.

Laura fully deserved to be replaced by a younger, more attractive woman, who the kids adored.

Ekim730Ekim73026 days ago

Well written and structured. Great pace.Why usebthe BBC trope? Did not see any relevance to Laura's choices, so I question it's use.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Burn the coal, pay the toll.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Not a bad attempt trying to convey the emotions and trials a husband might have to go through, however knowing first hand from mates that have been through it that not one of them put up with their ex’s philandering ways. Not one. They fought in the courts but any thought to hanging around while their wives had an extended relationship was never going to happen.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu26 days ago

Even though it lacks a bit of pathos or dramatic moments (I don't know about the sex part coz I skipped it yeah so sue me) and I didn't like Rob's procrastination, i did like the story. Very thought-provoking scenario. Though I don't like violence in LW yet I had some thoughts that Treyvon should be given some pain too. It seems the workplace tolerates sexual predators as Treyvon got promoted in the office, maybe the lady boss is one of his lovers either way Treyvon needs to be taught some lessons. The first joke was funny not so the 2nd joke. Thank you for the story @lover1953.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Not up to your usual standard, I'm afraid. The MC was lily livered and indecisive; who finds a pack of condoms in his wife's bag and doesn't even ask for an explanation? The presence of other worn out cliches, you know, the puking, the bad black boyfriend with an enormous penis and the wife who secretly craves being treated disrespectfully and inconsiderately in her sexual relationships just served to escalate the irritation factor. I'm usually a big fan of yours but this just didn't hit the spot, although one redeeming feature was that the ga-ga wife got what was coming to her in the end.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Why were the children's grandparents so absent in this story? Telling her parents what was happening would have been consistent with the husband's plan after she announced her decision to spend a weekend with her lover. No parents would sit still while their daughter destroyed her family and her life while becoming a BBC slut.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Never a good thing when the REAL villain wins...but unfortunately it too often is real life in situations like this.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

So he finds concrete proof she is cheating and does nothing for a year? Stopped on page 2. This is just a bad take.

Escape_WithinEscape_Within26 days ago

As I start of most of my comments. Very eloquent. A wonderful insight to the husband's side. Perhaps a little lean on details for the wife's thoughts. the extraneous friends who endorse and enable as well as the professional advancement are perhaps a subtle statement or reflection on values. Perhaps a recognition of values once hidden by the closet (no tell ; no see; mouth zipped shut). Kids effectively glossed over because no upheaval and divorces are oh so common now. Excellent piece of writing. 5 stars. No emotions of bitter betrayal,(evoked in me)

just a sense of sadness all around.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

3*. Would have been better as in 5*, if there were a LOT less filler material and more sex. The MC did do what was necessary to keep his children. This was not the best Lovin Wives story, but an ok one, therefore the 3* instead of 5*. Hope some of you stories are better. Thanks for the one here.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

You may be a lover, but you AIN'T a writer.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Too long a story, almost boring. She's mental in not only having sex with another man on the side, throwing it into her husband's face with the statements that she'll be with Trey more often because Bob's not doing his job in the bedroom. The cunt doesn't realize it's BECAUSE of her cheating that he stopped having sex with her.

On the other hand, Bob waited almost a year (or whatever) before hiring a PI & seeing a lawyer. He should've asked much earlier about the condoms (he actually didn't ask), Get the lawyer involved after a couple of months, not a year later. That timid to an extent.

It's fine to try to save your marriage, but it takes 2 to do it. But it also doesn't mean he should let her keep on having sex with this guy & not act.

I also wonder about 2 things. 1st- not in any order - what happened with Trey in the divorce? He was named as the reason why. 2nd, Laura's transfer at the bank. Why was SHE moved & not Trey? Wonder if he's having a relationship with the bank manager. Laura never put in a grievance as to why. And through it all, Trey got a promotion- unless that's the reason; Laura's seen as Trey's supervisor, at least of sorts.

Caught between 2 & 3 stars, but for the attempt overall, I gave it a 3. gsr

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

One has to wonder where rational thinking and common sense go when writers such as this one put words on paper. The premise and concept are simply outrageous. Franceman said it all.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos26 days ago

The only issue I have with this story is the entire "magic dick" trope. People cheat for a lot of reasons, but magic sexual organs (dicks or vaginas) is not one of them, or at least not a big of enough reason to nuke your own life. I mean, I guess it makes it easy for you to tell a story when you don't really have to explore the cheaters motives for cheating too much, but it kind of also detracts from the experience because it just makes you roll your eyes. Honestly, it would be more believable to me that Laura enjoyed the experience of having a younger boyfriend and doing the relationship mambo compared to having to deal with being a stable wife and mother. That's a conflux of selfishness, insecurity and immaturity. All entirely believable motivations for an affair if you ask me.

<>

As for the rest of the story - a fairly decent primer on how not to get totally screwed in a divorce. It's sad, but men definitely start off from a disadvantage in family court because of multiple biases and just like this guys lawyer advised him, he needed to document, document, document to get out from under them. I actually know of a real life story of a guy who quit his job to "go back to school". The reason for this was for him to eliminate his income and become the primary caregiver for his kids. He did it upon discovering his wife was cheating on him. Stuck it out for a year at school, documenting everything (parent teacher conferences, dentist appointments, checkups, school activities, etc). Even got his wife to pick up more hours - so she was around less (they needed the income!)

<>

Eventually he filed for divorce. They had to sell the house, but he got primary physical custody and 5 years of maintenance. Enough time for him to actually finish his degree and find another job lol. His wife was literally working 60 hours a week over 2 jobs to pay for him to go back to school.

<>

Anyway, point being - it's not the 1950's and even though courts are still biased, if you are smart and willing to take a short term loss, you can build up a big long term win.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

What the actual fuck? He finds a box of condoms in the wife's purse, gets no explanation, and just goes on with life without a word? For months apparently? What a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

@Ic69hunter, You're too funny.

You use words you don't know the meaning of.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

So, the bank "punishes" her and rewards her "lover". Hope she still has her attorney on retainer.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

The first part was very weak, the guy finds condoms and doesn't confront her for months and her actions grind on him for months after that but he doesn't say anything. Then when she finally soft sells a weekend away, he reacts and the husband pulls the plug. He should have done that the day he found the condoms.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Meh...I'm not sure where the "realism" is in this story. No woman is an accomplished adult and simultaneously dumb as a rock like this. No husband walks away from finding the condoms let alone waits MONTHS to deal with it.... continuing to sleep with her... then hiring a PI, then dicking around for many more. Just... no way.. for 5 pages no less. I mean it could have been a better story if it was even a little closer to reality.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

A good story, solid 3. As for the condoms: could have saved many words if you had been cognizant. Once the reaction to finding the condoms led to zero reaction, it was obvious the marriage, if you may call it that, was OVER. Was she actually that stupid?\ Was she a cock-hungry slut?

No differentiation between the two—she IS irretrievably reprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Got to page 2 and stopped. He let his wife fuck her black boyfriend for 2 years...Honestly Jerry... that's a 1 in anyone's book.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Well, she is done and gone. Well done, indeed. Looking forward to part 2, where wife quits job due to her being ostracized at work, and, more importantly, deal with the black scum. Imagine, a black getting promoted at a bank, for chrissakes! Must have been a local S&L.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Enjoyed the story, but a couple things bugged me about how Rob acted/reacted:

.

1). Why didn’t he react to the box of condoms? 2) Why did he suffer her infidelity so long after finding out? 3). Why did he take so long to divorce her AFTER she admitted her behavior?

.

As written Lara was a total dumbshit. Why did she continue with Trey after getting found out? Deluded doesn’t even begin to describe this woman.

.

Where did Rob find such an accommodating judge? Why did the bank reward Trey if they were punishing Laura?

.

Lots of things in this story just didn’t seem logical. But at least in the end Lara lost and Rob won.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Thanks for the Repost of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

The trick to writing a long story? Apparently, its to see how many sentences can be included containing the word "later", together with various combinations of the words "several", "few", "weeks" and "months".

This author has possibly shown that the 750-word minimum length for a story submission can be reached by using only those sentences.

The author's preface notwithstanding, shouldn't the MC have been busy spoiling grandchildren by the time his marriage ended? Maybe it just seems so.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Five stars just because of the second joke

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

No consequences for her lover only promotion? Surely the husband made a complaint to the bank? The husband passes no comment finding a pack of condoms in her purse, get real!

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

i know it was a drama story, a good one, but i think the character's reactions during events are really time stretched, also missing the emotional weight of the loss....

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban26 days ago

OK... I laughed out loud at the second joke. On to the story.... I don't really see this as a BTB ending as some have commented. I see the outcome being the result of a combination of a couple things. First, a well executed plan on the part of Rob and his attorney. Secondly, the result of Laura figuratively hanging herself with her own rope. Now... Did Rob play this like I would have? I can definitely say: No. I don't have the capacity to say nothing when finding a box of condoms in my wife's purse. Shit woulda got real for Laura real fast in my world.

But I did enjoy watching Rob play the long game. Admittedly, the route Rob took caused him way too much pain and humiliation for my liking. But it worked out for him in the end. Laura's future as a "size queen" looks sort of dim at this point. She done fucked up. 4/5 BRB

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol26 days ago

This. This was amazing. Well written. Well plotted. Good dialog. Good character evolution.

5*, if that wasn't clear.

Thank you for this.

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

“ ago

Come on, you BTBers. You need to start being more creative than this. You write a brain dead wife, and then set this up as a five page morality tale.

But if that is makes your little peckers hard, so be it” - Ic69hunter

So, nothing about the value of the story, just a cheap shot at people who like it?

You are such a failure.

You, who write drivel about accepting cuckolding, cheating, and how impressive a bull marine you are… you are such a failure.

Stop drawing attention to yourself. You aren’t worth it really.

doctrptdoctrpt26 days ago

The delusion was "off the charts" with her. Are there really women like this in the real world? Enjoyed the story...

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I'm a little surprised this story didn't have the usual "report them to their job" thing. And Try is scum, I'm sad he didn't suffer any consequences but at the end of the day I'm glad things worked out for Rob.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I really liked this tale but I think no man would not have started the end of this marriage the minute he discovered the condoms in her purse. The war would escalated from that point. Still a 5

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Another story of a self-centered, entitled, brain dead woman that thinks the world revolves around her. I can maybe understand that in women that are married without children, but when you throw kids into the mix, I would think that they would be the center of her attention, not some big cock. The thing that concerned me most in this story is that Trey got off scott-free. At the very least she should have threatened to sue the bank for transferring her and promoting him. In today's world that's a really bad look for the bank.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Finding a box of condoms in your wife's purse and saying nothing?? Didn't you say you wanted to write a realistic story??

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

No consequences for Trey?

enderlocke77enderlocke7726 days ago

the long game nice. their plan was to get rid of the wife with full custody. getting her fired would have fucked up that plan. the mc's lawyer was freckin awesome. anything visited on trey would have made him look bad. again their plan was sound. not to mention if it wasnt him it would have been someone. revenge is for lower thinking lifeforms. this is a what to do if it happens to u tale. delusion is very powerful thing i see it daily and shake my head when i do and think wow lol

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I found the story enjoyable, and how our hero didn't blow her off much sooner amazes me. There again as it's a story and not real life!!!!

So, I liked the story but it was so unbelievable. And our hero was such a wimp...Oh well, that's life....

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196926 days ago

sad but well written. only injustice was the lack of consequences for the affair partner and possibly some human rights abuses by the bank in forcing her to move to a different branch (Trevon going to the new bank would have felt more appropriate)

demanderdemander26 days ago

A reasoned approach. But he should go to the bank and try to mess with Trey. D

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher26 days ago

If this was realistic in your world you might want to cut back on the drugs a bit.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't get off on it allowing his wife to just keep banging the affair partner. So nothing was said about the box of condoms and that's real life to you?

Many guys would have spent the day in jail and not sat there like a glorified cuck in a coma.

I realize you didn't want a story with the man being a man just some weak guy who lets others and the world walk all over him but in your rush to do that you wrote a pretty boring and predictable story. There was some negotiating to be had with his Bank regarding his wife and Trey but you ignored that and her getting transferred.

I have to wonder if you wrote this from a similar situation that happened in your life.

Other than a poor and tired story, you didn't give your characters any depth to make them interesting or relatable. They were about as one dimensional as it gets.

Sorry but this wasn't very good at all.

looking4itlooking4it26 days ago

Too bad Trey got a promotion out of it. It takes two to tango, but all too often we excuse the intruder into the marriage and not the one whose fidelity is in question. Perhaps, you’re inferring that Trey is now fucking the bank manager. I think consequences are important and I am sure consequences are the point of the story. She should’ve been faithful, however, if Trey wasn’t such an asshat enjoying and taking advantage of the situation there wouldn’t be a problem. I know, he didn’t make the promise, but in polite society he had every right AND responsibility to say no. What if more people took that stance……?

BehindbluisBehindbluis26 days ago

The story was great. I figured that we knew who the new girlfriend was when Trey got the promotion and why he got it. As a side note, I really like that more authors are starting to put a joke or two at the end of their stories.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler26 days ago

Loved the story and the emotional impact on reading it. The outcome was never in doubt but still left a sympathetic impression and I hope both are able to see a future as a divorced couple.

Thanks and my 5 stars for your story.

6King6King26 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Yeah, next chapter needs to be about teaching trey and his pecker that there are consequences for seducing married woman and harming children in the process. Reminds me about the old joke

about the most confusing holiday in Harlem.

francemanfranceman26 days ago

The major problem for me was that you presented this story as potentially very realistic.

But the situations, the characters' behavior, their attitudes or understanding.....are completely different from what 90% of people would do.

In that case, it's no longer reality but fiction.

Even if this type of scenario does exist, it's not the most common.

It's a real shame, because the story itself is good, but it's spoiled by your introduction and the expectations it creates.

usaretusaret26 days ago

Long but the usual LW tale of infidelity.

RuttweilerRuttweiler26 days ago
The fundemental and necessary assumption here...

... is that Laura is functionally unable to understand the consequences of her actions with Treyvon, because of the enjoyment she gets from his large cock. (I did read that she is a banker, and not an exotic dancer or professional OnlyFans performer, right?) So, presumably she would understand that dumping her husband for a much younger and better hung boyfriend might make her hubby feel less attracted and attached to her. That seems like it should go without saying, right?

I don't believe the "light coming one" would only occur after she is out the door. I mean, she is over 14 years old, right? Seems like girls learn that lesson much earlier. But maybe she's a special case, raised on an island or something.

I think your stuff and the other similar tales really speak to the desire of your readers to "kick down" at other people to make themselves feel better about where they are in life. Telling themselves that "women are stupid sluts that can only follow a big dick, so fucking them over is OK" seems to be the ultimate point here.

I do have to compliment you on being able to stretch the story out, so it's more of a "drip, drip, drip" instead of a big plop. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

"What just happened?" MC asked. He lost his courage. Why do Loving Wives men turn into pu**ies that freeze up? Normally, adrenaline takes over, and men react like....men. Having been through something similar to this, please understand that, as a typical male, I didn't go wobbly, wiggly, and pale. Whilst I didn't go full-blown John Wick, I did bring the train to a sudden yet controlled stop. I saved my marriage by jerking her out of her fantasy trance and letting her aspiring paramour know any victory for him would be Pyrrhic.

*

However, this guy just kept getting played and played by his wife. He let it go on and on, simping like crazy the whole time. No wonder she's cheating. I hope the kids aren't his either because of the survival of the species, etc.

*

Then, we read: 'But I wasn't done trying to figure out if there was a fly in the ointment. Not by a long shot.' Wasn't DONE? Hell, he'd done NOTHING but Turbo-Simp all day. Sorry mate, when he rolled over to sleep, I realized this was another LW story where ridiculous and unbelievable circumstances drive the plot.

*

The whole self-actualization thing was a decent idea, but OP's initial failure to have his character address the problem and communicate, confront, or intervene returned this "realistic look at infidelity" back to the room with all the other silly, unbelievable LW tales. It devolved into yet another story with a shrill, almost feminine, whiny male getting played by a mentally ill wife who was zapped by the old Martian Slut Ray. [Yawwwwn] While not a BTB, it was a BTR (R = Reader). 1 star 'cuz nil isn't an option.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

wrong category, should be interracial. What a stupid wimp. went a year and didn't challenged wife. I quit reading after he finally got his PI report

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Trey "got away with it," because it was a bad story. It should've ended the same day MC found the condoms. That's where the story took a wrong turn at the corner where Rod Serling was standing.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Admittedly I haven’t finished the story yet, but is the author really asking the readers to believe that a husband who finds an unexplained box of condoms in his wife’s purse doesn’t address it with her for MONTHS? He just watches her casually put them back and doesn’t even address it! It’s a preposterous premise. Sorry

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine26 days ago

Good story. But why didn’t Rob confront Laura when he had the box of condoms in his hand?

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Ok, now I’m two pages through this and it’s become a standard cliché filled cheating wife story. The author is a good writer so he is making it readable, but not particularly exciting

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Pretty average cheating wife story. Was the detailed description of the ex’s search for an apartment really necessary? Just one example of how bloated the story was.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

You have cuckold tendencies and give off willing cuckold vibes. Cuckolds (not the unknowing and unwilling kinds) are see as lowlife as they are dishonorable and a living breathing joke. As such people hate you.

Not a conclusion, but a fact.

boneham21boneham2126 days ago

NO,CONSEQUENCES FOR THE BOYFRIEND? 1*

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I’m not sure why some people (Ic69Hunter) think that this is a BTB story. It was a greatly saddening divorce where the wife was transferred to another local branch and gets heavily liberal visitation rights?

.

In the NBA, the past five years, favorites win the games 67% of the times. But is it a better story for a severe favorite to win a game or is it a better story when an underdog wins? Just a foolish, foolish comment, which is a troll, but quite poorly done and reasoned.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

If you damage virtually any contract there are legal action can take.

But damage a marriage contract, worse damage kids, and......nothing.

Maybe cause the politicians writing the laws are to adulterous themselves to risk such laws?

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

A 4 star effort raised at the last moment to 5 stars by the joke about the brother's penis.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

"She came over, took the box out of my hand, put it back in her handbag" - This makes no sense! That's pretty much an admission of cheating. Otherwise, she doesn't just put them back in her bag!

~~~

"I mean, there could be a perfectly acceptable reason why she had a box of condoms in her handbag." - There could?

~~~

"I figured that the best thing to do was let her tell me in her own good time." - No, you demand to know why the fuck she has a box of condoms!

~~~

"She in return normally says 'love you' and then gets comfortable and off to sleep." - That's what she NORMALLY does. What did she do now?

~~~

Several months go by with no confrontation?

~~~

"Why won't it go away?" - Because he won't address it.

~~~

"I put the unopened bottle back in the refrigerator." - He can't have one beer?

~~~'

"He's a very nice young man and a bit shy" - Shy men don't have affairs with married women.

~~~

He should 1) Take her rings. 2) Move her to the guest room (why should he have to give up his room.) Done! 3) Tell her that he will also be dating.

~~~

"I mean, Rob is great but Trey is magnificent. I need him."- So divorce Rob and marry Trey, though I don't think that Trey will be so willing.

~~~

"I could feel him banging against my cervix. It did feel good." - My understanding is that banging against the cervix is painful

~~~

"I would never share a bed with her as long as she wanted to chose to be with another man." - That imlies that he WILL share a bed if she drops Trey.

~~~

"I had to figure what to do to get back in our bed and back to our normal life." - At a MINIMUM that means dropping Trey, and we know that's not going to happen.

~~~

"But I wanted back in his life." - Fucking Trey isn't the way to do it.

~~~

@Anonymous, Re: A year. Yes, as I said, he should have confronted her immediately about the condoms.

~~~

He was definitely much too passive.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

All he has to do now is wait a year or two and then break Trey's knees. Less suspicious. Especially if he's dating again.

Maybe wait 5 years. His ex will watch her family grow up with her as an outsider. Maybe he'll snag a younger woman and damage her ego. I've never met a cheater that wasn't insecure and jealous.

Harryin VAHarryin VA26 days ago

The only thing more shocking about how terrible and awful the story is he's numbered people who think it's good. the beginning of the story makes no sense at all. if anything it makes Rob look even more pathetic than before.

.

The first page and a half isn't all about how Rob knows there's something wrong. he found the box of condoms in his wife's purse and after a year he still has yet to ask his wife what the box of condoms is about.

.

How in the earth can anybody expect this to be a realistic conversation? what kind of man or husband would not even ask the wife about it? apparently we find Since Rob is having great sex with his wife now he iss not going to rock the boat.

.

This ridiculous pathetic weak nauseating disgusting strategy by the husband suddenly blows up in his face when his wife Laura decides to ask for the weekend away to go fuck her boyfriend.

.

now suddenly Rob is upset?

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Really well thought out story! Easy five.

It brought back some disturbing memories of my divorce. My ex may have actually had some mental problems as she spent a great deal of time, even after being caught on a recorder, pretending like everything was just fine. The idea for the recording device and where to place it came to me from reading these stories, so thank you, LIT! I also learned how to play the long game as you described.

On another note, as I point out in the new book I’m writing, self-actualization is but another in a long long line of psychological babble and rubble. It’s become clearer to people that psychology is only a tool for non-believers, albeit a shallow and hollow one. Perhaps that’s why every religion on earth is experiencing incredible growth these past several years. Um, thanks?! Psychology.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

The first page is a giant stinking cow pie but it does get better. 3.5 since trey comes out of this smelling like roses.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

I'm still laughing at the idiots who think women like their cervix pounded. In some ways, this is no less stupid than gang bang porn.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean26 days ago

Well written an interesting read but realistic in what way?

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Lover1953 - I noticed you have 25 stories and 1,362 followers, a good ratio.

I had a wife, I HAD; she was very clever in a stupid way.

She made money disappear with only a trace due to cashing checks for cash.

She was ask if the boy she gave birth to was my son; She said it was a fifty fifty chance.

The divorce went through easily because there was a married man she planned on Marrying after his divorce.

I got the house, she got 1/2 the assets.

The man she planned on Marrying became not available due to advice I gave his wife; that was talk to the guy It's difficult to pay taxes on your house when your just starting in the job market without any experience. His wife was the one that called me three times and I never had any contact with her ( zero contact )

I understand the intent of your story, been there done similar.

Your story only rates a 4 with myself, it could of been better reading with the same theme. Oh by the way- blacks have about the same size cock as whites. the biggest sex organs is a mental condition on the part of the wife. any cock over 8 inch is considered one in 500,000. You can make a story great and not even mention all those buzz words you used.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
Just posted a new story 'Laura.' Yes, I recycle names, she's one of my favs to use in my writing, but the character is frequently different. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories and I'm struck by one recurring conclusion: M...