Lauren, Five

Story Info
Easy on the eyes, but not easy.
1.2k words
4.41
3.5k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lauren

Five

It was Wednesday of the following week when Lauren called again. "Hi John, coffee?"

"I'd like to, but I'm out of town. I might get back late Friday."

"Oh. I was going to invite you to dinner. My choice this time. How do you feel about Saturday?"

"That may work. Where are we going?"

"Oh no mister," she said with a laugh. "My choice, my secret. But I will tell you dress is casual."

~~~

Unusual for me, I didn't wake until almost nine Saturday morning, but in fairness I didn't get home until almost one AM. After two cups of coffee and some breakfast I called Lauren.

"Hey good lookin' watcha got cookin'?"

"John!" Her voice was all smiles. "How would you like to pick me up in that special car in about an hour?"

~~~

Picture her surprise when it was the Triumph, with the top down, rather than the Jag.

"It's a perfect day for wind in the hair driving. Where to ma'am?"

"Ever been to the Burger Shack in Fullton?"

"I know it well. Excellent choice."

If Michelin gave Stars to burger joints, The Burger Shack would rate four, maybe even five. I'd been driving there since high school, as had everyone else in the area. Sometimes the wait, just to place an order was half an hour.

There were only seventeen or twenty cars in the lot as we pulled in, mostly collectors with a smattering of new ones here and there. Hey, it was a sunny day and the middle aged (and older) guys were willing to bring their cars out of the garage.

Just like me.

Since this was her idea, Lauren wanted to place the order while I sat back and watched the action. Which included a bunch of whistles from some cars.

And more than one guy getting punched by his wife(?).

Lauren had dressed for the occasion, and while the shorts weren't as short as last time, they didn't go half way down her thighs. Her blouse was a snug fitting orange print that highlighted her smallish but firm breasts. I suspected no bra. Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail that swung as she walked, and she wore sandals accented by painted nails.

I swear, I'm never that observant about a woman to notice toe nails.

A couple of the guys looked my way and flashed thumbs up.

~~~

She returned with a large bag of goods. "Let's go find somewhere to picnic."

We found an empty table at Lakeside Park and sat together, our shoulders almost touching, facing the lake.

"It's funny," she said, "how much time we're spending looking at water."

"When it's like this, I find it calming. Like when I'm with you."

"Ahh, you're sweet. But I'm not always Miss Congeniality. I have dark side too."

"You're a paralegal so you must have passed at least one background check, so that eliminates arsonist or embezzler. I don't think they would hire a convicted sex offender. So, how bad can you be?"

"You're mocking me, aren't you? I will not be mocked. Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am, my apologies ma'am." That got me a slug on the shoulder. And not a light one either.

"How do you like your burger? It's a mushroom-bacon, my favorite."

"As long as I've gone there, I never had this. It's delicious."

"It isn't on the menu. I special order it."

"How do you manage that? They don't do specials."

"I worked there through high school and for a couple years of college. You're not the only one who knows people."

"Touche'"

We ate silently, just watching the ducks and geese swimming by. People passed a few yards behind us on the path, some talking, others jogging, the occasional skater or bike making a little more noise.

It was the dessert she pulled from the bag that killed me: Triple Chocolate Sundae with strawberry on top. They are legendary. You do not eat it fast. but not too slow on a hot day either.

Speaking of, how did she keep them cold? I checked the bag - a small insulated box, just big enough for the two.

Smart.

~~~

"I want to tell you about me and my boy friend."

"Ex..."

"Shut up."

"Yes ma'am."

"It started out like so many romances in college, we studied together, we dated, we fucked. Every thing clicked, he liked what I did and vice versa. He helped around the apartment, was attentive to my moods and needs. We never argued, if there was a difference, we talked it through.'

We had graduated and gotten jobs; his in pharmaceutical sales, I landed at Essex and Whitehouse. Did I tell you I wanted to be an attorney? But I can't afford law school. I hired in as a paralegal since I had done pre-law."

She looked out over the water.

"We'd both come home tired, but he would just plop on the couch and watch what ever game he could find and leave cooking to me. Eventually I began to complain about his attitude, which only hardened it which eventually led to him getting verbally abuse."

She took a deep shuddering breathe. "The final straw was the morning he slapped me. It doesn't matter why, I'm not even sure what I said that set him off.

I tried covering the mark with make-up, but Maggie, you remember I mentioned her, she spotted it. She dragged me off to the break room, sat me down and told me we weren't moving until I told her everything."

"I remember someone coming in and doing a fast one eighty when she glared at them."

"She got it all out of me, including the apartment is, was, in my name."

"She and I were waiting when Scott came through the door. She didn't give him time to take his coat off before she tore into him and then informed him he was moving out. "NOW!"

"He tried to argue, but she quietly, politely informed him if he didn't comply, she would kick his ass and then throw him and his stuff out the door.

He said he would call the cops."

"That's when she pulled out her phone, hit one button, and when it was answered said: "Hi Honey, it's me. Would you introduce yourself to this young man?"

Scott listened for a few seconds and then his face went pale and he handed back the phone. He gathered his stuff and left."

"Just like that?"

"Yup."

"Who was Honey?"

"Maggie's husband, of course."

"Yeah but, what does he do?"

"Oh, he's a retired longshoreman. He injured his back."

"But...?"

"I don't know, Maggie never told me."

"Wait, that's it? That's your dark side? You will fight to be respected?"

"Well I am a chocaholic too!"

"That's intolerable." And then I smiled.

She leaned against me, putting her head on my shoulder. "Can I ask you a question?"

"I'm an open book, ask away."

"Were you really not going to call me again?"

"Lauren, it was a constant struggle to not call. But you said you had to work things out. If we had anything, you had to decide that. I already had, but if you didn't feel the same... my feelings wouldn't matter."

"And if I hadn't called?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'd have called you. Just as likely I would have shrugged my shoulders and gone on with my life."

"Do you love me?"

"Infatuated, yes. In love, I don't know."

~~~~~