Leah's First Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leah wanted to stop this demeaning activity. She needed to stand up and give this snob a piece of her mind, but despite this growing desire, Leah remained kneeling on the floor. Not only would her rebellion not have the intended effect on the wealthy woman, it would simply reinforce her view of Charlotte's roommate. The action would also certainly signal an end to her friendship with Charlotte. Her mother may think that the young socialite was rebellious, but the apple did not fall that far from the tree. No matter what her views, Leah's friend would never forgive that level of betrayal.

This growing sense of helplessness gnawed at Leah. Each minute she remained on the ground, it felt like more and more of her was wasting away. This was not part of the plan. She was going to pretend to serve her friend to help satisfy her overbearing mother while securing a large donation for a cause she cared deeply about. Leah had never agreed to give up her dignity as part of the process.

Vivian's words finally broke the maid out of her trance. "Well girl as lovely as this has been, I really should let you get to your duties. I know you would happily massage my feet all afternoon even if it meant working late into the evening, but that is not fair of me to ask. That will have to wait until after the wedding." Lady Davenport pulled her feet away and gestured to Leah that she should rise.

"Charlotte will be expecting you. Welcome to my household." With that Vivian got up and walked back to her desk paying no more notice to her newest maid.

"Thank you Ma'am," was all that the confused woman could mutter before fleeing out of the room.

12