All Comments on 'Legion'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 199 Comments
WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Well said. Thanks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Marry in haste, repent in leisure!

5

francemanfranceman5 months ago

Some people separate sex and love, others don't.

Everyone has different attitudes, behaviors and expectations of themselves and others.

There's no right or wrong.

Just be true to yourself.

Just try to accept that people are different and not necessarily compatible.

In the end, he and she will each find someone more suited to themselves.

avidreader123avidreader1235 months ago

The guy was a dick about it, but she should have discussed her sexual history.

AardieAardie5 months ago

So... she went back to her slutty ways, proving him right, and he carried on as a ruined man.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom5 months ago

Yet another limp dick that runs off! The ironic part of all this is if it was a guy he'd be a stud and looked up to by all including the MC

IcarusascendingIcarusascending5 months ago

Crap story with an obviously over opinionated ass. The past is the past, her mistake was reminiscing. Shes better off without him. Granted, she should have figured out he was an ass before she married him, so thats on her.

Bri29Bri295 months ago

What ever your views are on this it was a very well put argument by the MC on Randis promiscuous.Sure you should be willing to ignore a partners history if you truly love them but 110 ex partners is a lot to swallow forgive the pun 😂.And let’s not forget she and her friends were happy to flaunt it in MC,s face ,which is not the actions of someone who is trying to turn over a new leaf.

KarnevilKarnevil5 months ago

A bit of a shock finding out something like that, but ultimately it did her a favour, at least she found out what a complete knobhead she'd married. She's obviously better off without him.

One observation, if my son in law bad mouthed my daughter in front of me like this, no matter the reason, he'd need an extended stay in hospital.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliver5 months ago

To DirtySingleMom

I would disagree with you. If a man told me he had slept with 110 women I would think he was the male equivalent of a slut. I would think he had a very different idea of what sex was then me and that he probably had some very serious issues. That experience is far enough outside the norm to indicate something was not right, internally or externally in her (or his) life. Would I have run off? Probably not. Would I have serious questions about what was going on and what changed to alter her (or his) life choices? Yes I would.

Her choice to keep that information from him (out of fear or whatever) was actually more of a problem than her sexual history. It suggests she didn't trust him to stay and she chose to take that choice away from him. That is a problem.

His choice wasn't wrong, it simply was his choice. He didn't want to be married to someone with her history. It would be now different than finding out she as a recovering alcoholic and or a cancer survivor with a good chance of reoccurrence, or a criminal that had spent ten years in prison or a war veteran or a fundamentalist or any other of a number of things that a person might chose not to continue a relationship over.

He said it himself; if she had been upfront about her history, he would have ended their relationship. That would have been perfectly acceptable. His leaving was a matter of timing based on her lie of omission. He didn't run away, he left. He left after the marriage because that was when he finally found out. Again, would you or I make that choice? Probably not, but it is still as valid a choice as to not marry someone because of religious views or political leanings or because we don't like the color of their hair or how they smell. Our choices are just that; Our choices. She tried to take that away from him and it ended poorly for her.

demanderdemander5 months ago

His visceral reaction ended it. No reason to ask why he had that reaction. If it was only 30, would he have had the same reaction? 50? D

TrustingagainTrustingagain5 months ago

An interesting trope indeed and a wonderful thought experiment.

InfosaugerInfosauger5 months ago

The main problem I see in this is that she never talked with him about her number. And he had to learn about it by her happpy reminiscing with her friends. And one more humiliating point: How many men she was fucking were at the wedding and how many did know about her "collection"? With a little empathy from her side she would have talked with him before going to the wedding.

If she would have been upfront with him and really felt shameful for her behaviour I believe they could have stayed together.

I would really know her side of this story.

nestorb30nestorb305 months ago

Honestly, I do not care about her body count, really don't. But obviously Randi is an idiot if she thought bragging about it in front of a group, that included her husband was perfectly normal. The Husband should have been divorcing her for terminal stupidity. I am not sure if it should have been discussed before the marriage, but it sure as shit should not have been a topic of discussion after the marriage.

Also I am sick of this "sex to me means something. It's the ultimate expression of love and connection" crap. That is utter bollocks. Sex is sex, love is love. Sex can and should be part of a loving relationship, but its not the ultimate expression of love. Sex and love being intertwined is the brainwashing for religions.

In the end this whole story was just slut shaming. Well written and cogent, but slut shaming.

Thanks for writing

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Agree with several others - What was a "count" he could live with? Interestingly, my wife of 30+ years and I never had that discussion either. What's the American saying - Don't ask, don't tell? 3.8*

Omegaman56Omegaman565 months ago

I find it funny how women can have standards in men but men can’t have standards in women

Past history points toward future outcomes. Not always but most of time

A recent physiological study shows from a major university showed. Women who had more Han 5 sex partners can never truely pair bond in a relationship

That is why 80% of all marriages are ended by women

This is a sad story that is playing out in real life every day

If body count doesn’t matter then why not brag about it

also if it doesn’t matter. Then why is the first thing a woman call a mother woman when fighting is a”Slut”

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Interesting topic. Had the potential to be a very interesting story. Unfortunately the execution was rather boring.

Having the big drunken, accidental reveal of Randi's body count happen in real time would have been much more intriguing and effective than having it related to us in an abbreviated retelling. Seeing, hearing and feeling the MC's confusion, revulsion and anger as they occurred would have drawn us into the story emotionally. Seeing Randi go from drunken amusement to slowly dawning realization of what's being revealed to finally seeing the look on her husband's face and realizing how fucked up the situation is ... again could have drawn us in and gotten us more emotionally invested in not only the story but, also the principal characters.

Being so appalled at and repulsed by Randi's college behavior is totally understandable. Making the choice to divorce over it, while somewhat shallow, is understandable to a large degree.

Not having any conversation about it. Childish, shallow and as it relates to this story ... lazy writing that deprives the story of any emotional depth.

She made her initial decision to go for 50 when she was a freshman, which means she was either 18 or 19 years old. People at that age are obviously prone to making very stupid choices because they have no concept of long term consequences. As for why she never told him. Obviously he never asked. Considering that she only fucked 10 guys over the next 6 years means she had significantly changed her behavior and attitude towards sex. From the limited information we were given in this story it seems likely she didn't volunteer this info before getting married because she was ashamed of her behavior.

One big question I have is why did her father have knowledge of exactly how promiscuous she was in college? That detail seemed very out of place.

At the start of this story I was very intrigued by the subject matter. Unfortunately the execution of the story left me disappointed.

Driven2ReadDriven2Read5 months ago

4* story. The reason a hi-body count guy is a stud, is it takes work, a job, a lot of prep, balls of steel and real game to get there. With a woman all it takes is a willingness. I agree the hiding it was the issue. She should have been upfront like a recovering alcoholic to give him the choice. I also agree with him, giving the omission, what did he look forward to in the future? Would she easily cheat, would she fall off the wagon and be forgiveness, etc. There is another story I read here, (1 of probably many) that is about a wife telling the husband her history and his shock at how large it was. Even worse that she had done things she refused him. He was shocked and didn't know what to make of it. It included gang bangs, three/foursomes, lesbian sex, etc. I see the same issue here. Was it a great story - it was ok, but his feeling are real he has to thine own self be true.

grogers7grogers75 months ago

With 100 partners in college, her promiscuity was widely known, and she was either unconcerned or proud of it. Everyone at the wedding who was in her college during her time there knew it. All of the guys knew she was "easy" -- and many had participated. Her girlfriends were cheering her on towards her goal. No moral judgement here, but this was a lifestyle unimaginable to her husband. She knew that, so why did she hide it from him, yet continue to celebrate it with her friends? Why did she choose to bring him into a situation where he was the only ignorant one? She chose not to protect him; not to prepare him. Her celebratory walk down memory lane with her girlfriends was a narcissistic dismissal of the emotional well-being of her marriage. She could have hushed them: they all knew the risk yet they all participated. She was still too immature to understand the love required for a marriage.

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

The talking and laughing with her friends about it openly and in front of her husband and others seems more revealing to me than the actual count. I wouldn't want to be married to Randi, either.

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

Story feels incomplete. Randi cries but never says anything and no background or explanation.

Maybe would not have mattered, but still feels incomplete.

MC is not much of a hero either, particularly when he so childishly in dispossessing his wife from the marital home.

JayZipJayZip5 months ago

I think I disagree with our main character's viewpoint.

In general, things that happened before you even met, should not be "divorceable". Obvious exceptions like murder or whatever; but in general new relationship & new marriage = new start.

Yeah, she should've told him. At least in general terms: "I was a big slut in college, but that's behind me now."

To me this is worth a few big fights and a few weeks of Cold War. But she didn't betray him, she didn't cheat on him. He hasn't been wronged. Divorcing her is way extreme.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69895 months ago

Very interesting and thought provoking. I may be different but there are times I wonder what my wife's number was, I really don't want to know but am curious. I think the response of our MC is the correct action. A number that high deserves a discussion.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

That was definitely a conversation they should have had before they married. I am amazed that two people planning to spend the rest of their lives together don’t discuss EVERYTHING - sex, finances, children, religion, fidelity, career goals, etc. The MC was bothered by body count not volume which made me think about divorced folks. After 10 years an active couple would have fucked over 1000 times, so is that an issue? Her extreme count does show her attitude toward casual sex and could be a cause for concern just as a “pussy hound” should concern a woman.

BrentJWBrentJW5 months ago

The main problem is that she enjoyed reminiscing with her friends about her past while never have admitted it to her husband. It shows she was happy with her slut past and is fine with keeping it from her husband. How did the husband never notuce her attitude about sex? And, it is a double standard when he was happy to nail the virgin next door with no concern that he was starting her 'count'.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm5 months ago

I could sympathize with your MC... right up until he manipulated the virgin-neighbor into giving it up for him, knowing full well what that'll mean for her family life, and with no intention of taking responsibility.

And you had the balls to make your MC argue about how he sees sex as something special he only shares with special people...

2/5

tangoperutangoperu5 months ago

The ex wife had to take a last dig: "not man enough." That's womanspeak for "why can't you sacrifice your life for meeeee?"

It would be interesting to read the wife's story after being dumped because of her promiscuity.

tangoperutangoperu5 months ago

@Demosthenes384bc With a divorce rate of 80%, I don't think that "don't ask, don't tell" policy is too effective.

JH4FunJH4Fun5 months ago
Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

Another good story. It earned the Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it.

While I enjoyed the read, the best part to me was the psychological review happening while consuming the tale. Better yet are the comments. After others have consumed the product, they give their points of view. Comments are our way of talking about what images and emotions the tale provoked in us. This comment is mine.

From the current 21 comments I believe the writer did themselves justice with this one. As always it was worth the time to consume.

Looking forward to your future products for our consumption.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

LechemanLecheman5 months ago

Personally, from the story context perspective, what happened in the past, remains in the past unless, his wife is straying in the present.

It does sound like the MC's ego flipped unnecessarily to the extreme without anything substantial other than memories from the past. Obviously, the MC had no cross cultural belief issues with bedding the young Indian girl.

Hypocrisy twist at its finest.

Rocky62Rocky625 months ago

She blew the trust to smithereens when her stupid friends did a very tactless public reveal. He is strong enough, strong enough to walk away from being mocked in public because thats what happened even if the friends intent wasnt totally malicious. Nice touch with the rebound busty goddess, was she betrothed to Raj Koothrapi?

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

Pitiful excuse for a man. I liked the description of this pathetic little man-child. He will never find happiness.

WrickettsWricketts5 months ago

It’s always ok for the dud to be a slut not the women. I gave it a three for backwards thinking and draconian ideas.

Eveready1999Eveready19995 months ago

Good story and premise but incomplete and rushed at the end. Sad to see this very light approach, it could have been so much more.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

Wricketts... The main character had a body count of six by the end of the story. It's a story of how one man could not accept nor become comfortable with his wife's enormous body count and gave reasons for his discomfort. Slut shaming? yes. But she was a massive slut with a count approaching paid whores. But I don't think anyone would enjoy reading about a man that has bedded over 100 women either. Body counts that high point towards low morals and a devalued view of sexual partners and sexual intercourse. Plus, sex after 100 partners would be boring to the "slut" and that would transfer to the story and the reader.

I enjoyed this story a lot and found Randi's promiscuity fascinating. I'm left wanting answers to a ton of questions;

What sparked this promiscuity?

How did her friends react to her being an easy woman?

Were they easy women too?

What did her lovers think?

Was she emotionally serious about any of her lovers?

Where they one-on-one encounters, threesomes, gangbangs?

Were they consensual?

Did she escape pregnancy scares and STDs? If so how?

Why does she know the body count instead of it being an approximation? That answer would underline that sex is an impersonal and emotionally detached game for her.

My only "complaint" is that we don't hear anything from Randi's mouth. The story is that interaction with Randi's parents with a good start and end added on. (more of both would be welcome)

I'd be very interested in how the author would justify/explain Randi's promiscuity when the words were coming from that character's mouth.

As for the husband's reaction... I'd have similar feelings. That's a lot of men and the reasons he gives are fairly valid. It would damage your trust in your partner once the seeds of doubt were planted... which they were when the number was mistakenly revealed (to his humiliation) and the way her friends celebrated it at the wedding. Some husbands might talk through it, others may just cut and run to get on with their life before their lives become more intertwined and the complications become more serious (like deeper love/deeper heartbreak, cheating, children, passage of time, careers, acquisition of assets complicating divorce)

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree5 months ago

Interesting.

Marriage is a gamble.

Rushing into it lessens the odds.

This was an interesting story on low odds.

Fine writing and a good idea.

Just not much meat on the bones.

4 out of 5 from me.

FireFox59FireFox595 months ago

Mixed feelings on this one. My biggest problem was with how her and her friends laughed and joked about it at the dinner. Ultimate in disrespect for the husband. Put the shoe on the other foot. Would she be happy to find out about her husband's body count this way???

francemanfranceman5 months ago

What's most interesting are the comments.

Why most of them are judging the man or the woman.

Either the man is too weak and full of insecurity........but especially not of stricter moral and sexual standards, and mixing sex with a loving relationship.

Either the woman is a big slut........but not a person dissociating sex and love, and wanting no commitment, no attachment.

In the end, you think you're open-minded, more enlightened than most, but you're the most sectarian.

You only respect the way you think, the way you act.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c15 months ago

If you have sex with that many people you will never be able to bond to someone. Guy made right decision.

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

He's got a point, wouldn't you say?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Randi was lucky to be rid of this little boi fag. Women need real self confident men, not this sort of man child.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Horrible story. The MC is a consumate asshole. An uptight, take-no-responsibility, moralistic-yet-immoral, unloving, hypocritical, deeply selfish prig who dishonors his wedding vows and has so little insight that he doesn’t even realize he is completely and utterly in the wrong in his treatment of his wife. Her father should have beaten the living snot out of him. I wish I could give negative stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

They probably should have had an open communication before tying the knot. He would have had a chance to make an informed decision. But complaining in retrospect that he isn't the man he was supposed to be won't fly.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Right. Note to self - check body count. No amount of "strong or self-confident" would accept THAT number of men plowing the fields before him. Although I'm going to give him a check next to his name where it says "stupid" because nobody would forget an important fact like that - nobody.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure I get it. So, she's not entitled to reach a saturation point and settle down?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It is better not to say than to have it known what you had done. Men especially don't like to know or get mad when they do. At least he didn't calculate the gallons of cum that had been injected into her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a stuffed shirt!

wretched_youthwretched_youth5 months ago

"Red Pill" type videos on Youtube often claim that the more sex partners a woman has the less likely she is to marry ever and, once married, stay married. The hypothesis is that she loses to ability to attach to one partner. This was a good read.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Very well done.

5 stars

MsDirectorMsDirector5 months ago

Randi made one mistake, she confused a little boy for a real man. A little boy who turned out to be a sexual predator. She is lucky to be rid of him.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

pointless

OML

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This MC was not a dick as previous comments suggest. He's a character with standards and he knows what he can't accept. I respect that. In college I dated a woman who was a solid 9 if not a 9.5, perfect C cup breasts, pale Green eyed redhead. But she was a bit of a whore, you see, she grew up a Jehovah's witness so her parents were ultra strict so the moment she got away from them she went buck wild. I think her body count sophomore year was 35 while mine was 7. Except all 35 of hers was in 3 semesters and mine was from when I was 15 to 21. So I averaged about 1.2 a year and she averaged almost 3 a month. So even though she was gorgeous, and cool, I knew there couldn't be a future. When you're that promiscuous you lose the ability to pair bond, you at least lose the ability to pair bond long term. You shouldn't marry someone you can't trust because that's a prison of your own making. Women complain of skewed power dynamics? What Randi in this story possessed and to a lesser extent my ex gf Lori is a skewed sexual power dynamic. The MC said his BC was 5, hers was 111, how could she not look at him crazy,as less than, and he looked at her as less than, for exactly the same reasons.

SunnyU2SunnyU25 months ago

MC was an a**

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Makes one think.....

Also, another relationship ruined by lack of communication

Why do people allow meetings with their spouse and family?

lujon2019lujon20195 months ago

@Single dirty mom

whats more impressive? a seven foot tall man dunking a basket ball, or a man who is 4'11"?

but ugly women can get fucked, according to dating app data clinically obese women get swiped on by men more than LITERAL male celebrities get swiped on by women.

/

All a woman has to do to get laid is say she wants it

/

all a man has to do is - get a degree in an university that spend most of it money propagandizing how all men are shit to get a job he hates to earn money he doesn't need to buy shit he doesn't want to impress a woman whos default setting is hatred of men

.

.

.

Quite frankly my dear you might as well complain you don't understand what all the fuss is about praising mechanical flight in airplanes as the air itself all ready floats without plummeting to the earth

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So you had him proved right in the end but he was an arrogant, pompous, assholed, doushbag.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A woman's sexual past is her business .

Her choices ? She wanted to be wild , live those heady days with abandon , let the future take care of itself ?

That's fine by me , and works well enough until you meet the person you hope to spend the rest of your life with .

At this point a certain amount of honesty may be required .

That part of your life that you have kept quiet about , breaking out and hitting your partner between the eyes is never going to go down well .

I enjoyed this story . Well written and points well made .

4 *

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with Francis Toliver. Further, these two formed a relationship during isolation. She should have asked, after revealing her past, that they revisit the marriage question after a year of dating post isolation. Of course that would occur only ic he was still interested. That many sexual encounters should concern anyone male or female. The same would apply to not discussing multiple prior marriages - something’s probably amiss. Dated someone once who said she was divorced after a short marriage. Dropped her when she later revealed that she was separated and was blaming him for not finalizing the divorce. Knew the guy and hadn’t known her prior to our relationship. Got in contact with him and found out that she had made arrangements to appear for the final hearing (he didn’t have to appear in that state - I lived in another state). Dropped hef like a hot rock (she was pushing marriage, I was reluctant). It’s better to be honest. Just as the MC stated, that many priors increases the odds infidelity for whatever reason. The same is likely with forgiving a spouse who remains in an occupation, and/or, environment that encourages or makes if easy to cheat.

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

4* for tackling this topic but I wish there was more to this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You cannot help how you feel. It’s her body her choice totally. Also his tongue his choice.

TC Ireland

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

LoL! Karnevil, men trying to defend the "honor" of a slut will often find themselves in the hospital.

I generally agree about not treating women in an ungentle manner but this husband did not go out of his way to talk to his soon to be ex father in law or humiliate his soon to be ex wife.

He simply wanted out and they all pursued him for uncomfortable conversation.

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

P.S. I'm actually a guy that doesn't care about a woman's past as long as it is the past.

I can empathize with those that have a different view on this though and there isn't a wrong or right about it.

It just is.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya5 months ago

Henry Ford said, “Thinking is the hardest work there is. Which is probably why so few engage in it.”

Congratulations Grissom, you forced some work out of your readers. Well done!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Something that the "modern age" has to deal with: the rise of the entitled, female, slut. Who seems to believe that body count doesn't matter. By the time they are close to age 30 and thinking about getting married and having a child, they find it difficult to meet the "right, nice, guy" after having been run through by every Brad and Chad "bad boy" who didn't want a long-term relationship. They just wanted to fuck with no responsibilities... and move on.

Yes, the odometer is often clicking over 100 bodies by then!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I get it 100%. But sad he took that indian girls virginity. Now her new husband is getting damaged goods.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Is she a nymphomaniac for sleeping with that many guys. That is a mental problem that may or not be fixed. If a guy was like that would you want to marry him? Those are personal questions that only you can answer.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I was going to give 5 stars until the last paragraph. I totally understand not wanting to be married to someone that is so casual about sex but starting a physical relationship with a virgin and already assuming that body count is going to get into triple digits shows his own lack of respect for women and sex.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love it when LW has a great writer drop an original tale, especially one so thought-provoking. I can clearly see both positions (dump her, or leave it in the past) and could successfully argue both.... although the MC argued his point pretty well. I can say I lean towards the MC personally, but I also don't like punishing people for their past.

The kickers in this particular story that justified the MCs position were (1) the fact that she seemed to be quite happy and proud of it and enjoyed reminiscing at her husband's expense, and (2) she quickly went back to slutting up her body count after the divorce....maybe self-fulfilling prophesy?

At the end of the day, were this a real person, I would suggest she had some deep emotional issues (same if it were a guy), that's an insane count and dangerous as well.

Great read, often funny, often emotional. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excluding the last paragraph, this was a five-star story, earning my enthusiastic agreement with the MC.

With it, this is a three-star story -- in that last paragraph, the MC destroyed his own story narrative by proving himself a hypocrite, whose primary objection to his wife's promiscuity was that his name was at the "end" of her list of lovers instead of at the "front" of it!

amygdalaamygdala5 months ago

Man that was a nice thought bomb. Must say it all came down to personal choices though. Personally I must wonder about some commenters who might say its all in the past and it shouldn't matter! Makes me wonder if someone has been triggered 🤔 Yet everything else of great import in our daily life are based on our past history and actions. To get a new job, a perspective employer looks at your past experiences whether academic and or prior occupation. You have associates with whom you form bonds of friendship based on past mutual experiences such as hobbies, religion, and matching/ complimenting social values. Yet someone who sleeps with a 100 men in college as a goal and was proud of it, treats sexual intimacy quite fundamentally differently from the MC, whom has only been with 5 partners. Not because he could not but he equates sex as part of a stable hopefully long term relationship. If this had been discussed in the past as the story panned out then marriage would not have been an option, and one does not change long entrenched ways even if her body count has slowed down since her wild college days.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Once again men aren't allowed to have standards...

Look at the comments and notice the trend.

As long as she wants the relationship he should stay with her? I don't think so. It was a deal breaker for him, so why should he stay? Because they are married now? Doesn't stop women divorcing men. 80% of divorces are initiated by women, often because "I'm not happy." Something that extreme should be revealed BEFORE marriage, or never mentioned, certainly not paraded in front of her blindsided husband in front of a crowd.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Awesome and inventive story, Griscom. Thank you.

DirtySingleMom: Not ONE guy I know of who was or is eventually thinking of a committed relationship would consider another man with 110 notches on his bedpost a "stud." That's your sad perception of men, a misperception put forth by misandrists, but it's only true of male sluts. Along with francis_tolliver, I'd ask such a slut "Dude, WTF is WRONG with you?"

Consider: Plenty of men and women "play the field," but she played TWO entire NFL teams.

As to whether or not 110 (!!!) lovers before him was "too many" it all depends. Had she been honest about it, it would have been his choice to continue to try for a relationship. My biggest problem was that she didn't simply take advantage of opportunities, she WANTED to be a HALF-HO and later a FULL HO. Her OBJECTIVE was a CERTAIN SCORE. Even the biggest "playas" I've known (only a few) didn't look for some particular NUMBER of DIFFERENT girls. That's a pathology that says a lot about Randi: That she treated sex as a scoreboard.

If she'd had one boyfriend for each semester in college, and gotten laid every single night, THAT would say "she was very sexually active, but serially monogamous." Sex would NOT have been a casual scoreboard to her then, and quite the catch. But I'm with the MC on this: How long before the sexual pathology resurfaces ?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You can't unring a bell, you can't unbake a cake, and once a slut always a slut. Basic truisms!

KiwihunterKiwihunter5 months ago

I thought this thinking was the sort of thing promulgated by the taliban and such extremist societies. Hang on I am correct. The US is an extremist society that pushes religious bullshit just like the taliban. What a dipshit this silly little walker is. She is so much better off without such lowlife scum.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Only douchebag men cheer on dudes with that kind of body count. Call it slut shaming all you want, because it is, and it's justified. I hate that a guy who believes sex has meaning beyond pleasure is said to have a fragile ego if he doesn't want to be with someone who doesn't believe the same. You can't force somebody to be with someone who is that drastically opposite in fundamental belief. Body count means something. Studies have shown that the more partners you have the less able you are to pair bond. There's a simple solution, just be with someone who doesn't care about body count, you don't need to bash someone who does.

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

We're gonna keep it 💯 and stop paying to one another: for the huge majority of men, numbers are important.

And, even though we all know that women can - and will - have more sexual partners than the guys they'll settle with, their numbers better be as close as possible, cause only someone without any self respect would dismiss it all.

The discrepancy here was too humongous to be ignored. Not at all surprised Randi never was forthcoming about it - don't know a lot of women who do not mind their husbands knowing they were a proud 'full ho' in college.

So yes: men care about numbers. And all the dismissive putdowns listed by the MC here won't change the fact that he has every right having a huge problem with his (ex) wife's.

That being said... Don't know what to say about that ending, though. Unless he actually wants to have a serious relationship with this girl, is he planning to NEVER go down on a woman again? Cause I got some bad news for him: most single women his age have a body count closer to his ex's than his'.

If virgins are the only thing that can keep him going, 'better propose to this one, 'cause there really not a whole lot of them around!

Provoking. And fun. Thanks for the read, author.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

As a man I can understand how MC felt.

I ahould know.

I was still a virgin when I got married at 40.

I only had 2 gfs the first we only got to heavy petting and oral but ni entry.

How I did it? Well a strong respect for my Christian faith and a strong respect for the aunts who all got married all virgins oh probabky most of them I suspect and also my sister who unril now still a virgin.

Oh in those days virginity was still a big deal in my culture. 100 men Randi had before MC entered her life is just too much. Fenales like this just don't have the ability to bond to just one guy. That is why nen of our culture don't marry prostitutes even though they have enough finances to bring to the table.

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

@Karnevil: so your daughter LITERAL be a slut, yet nobody could call her out in that, eh?

Tsk... Alright. Yet another doofus raising his daughter to be unaccountable to her actions. Well, let's hope you will still be around to raise her kids while she is walking these streets. 🙄

offkilter123offkilter1235 months ago

The topic of body count comes up all the time on Reddit and I am always surprised by the number of people who aren’t bothered by a high number. The people who say a high number doesn’t matter or generally under 30 and leans female. Older than 30 and it skews heavily female. I believe that in a few years, thanks to the normalization of casual sex via OnlyFans, Tinder, and sexting, a high body count will not be a factor. That’s a tragedy. I’m in the same camp with your MMC when it comes to body counts because for better or worse, the number is an indicator of the person’s character. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Slut shaming is culturally healthy. You whinging feminized punks need to fuck off.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think he made the reason for the divorce clear, it's no longer about her past but the uncertainty of their future. What happens when his standards gets low due to work, age and raising a family, will she be tempted to get number 111?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Meh, the story’s a stretch for a new reason to feel pious. Amazing how some mediocre dude always rebounds with someone out of his league.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There is a saying….”Dead from the shoulders up”. What would possess a person or their friends to brag about 110 sex partners? Also her parents seemed to know so why not get her some therapy? Very good story with theme I haven’t seen developed before. 4/5.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the story up until the last paragraph. Found it a bit hypocritical of MC after espousing how having sex with someone means more to him than just the physical aspects. To, more or less, go after the next door neighbor's daughter because he found her very sexually appealing, even when she expressed some resistance, for me took a lot of the steam from his arguments about mindless, anonymous sex partners. And by the way, I don't think that a guy professing to having had sex with over 100 women is admired by other guys. He's the one you don't want around your wife, daughter or girlfriend or any guy you care about's wife, daughter or girlfriend.

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Once a slut

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No good people in this story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Randi was better off without the putz. The metaphorical comparisons were childish and I’ll conceived. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A clever idea, but poorly delivered. The author could have pursed a far more intelligent confrontation between the husband and wife. Instead he chose to do a silly comparison to Band of Brothers?

Too bad it could have been really good

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"she had wanted to leave the wild days behind and settle down" - If she REALLY wanted to, she wouldn't have gone back to slutting as soon as she was divorced.

\

Lost a star from me at the end, where he doesn't care if the new chick is a slut, as long as he gets there first.

\

A major part of the problem is the secrecy. If she had been open with her history, he MIGHT have been able to deal with it. Not in his case, but better to find out before commitments have been made, maybe the next guy can handle it. Well said francis_toliver.

\

@Infosauger, I think she WAS shameful, or at least ashamed of how he would feel, that's why never told him.

\

@Demothsenes384bc, "Don't ask, don't tell" is fine, she and her friends should have stuck with it, and if they couldn't control themselves when drunk, maybe they shouldn't have drunk so much. She certainly shouldhave given her friends a heads up that he didn't know about her past, so don't bring it up.

\

@grogers7, good point how she had successfully hidden her history, why suddenly not only make no effort to keep it hidden, but to flaunt it.

\

She blames him for not being "strong and self-confident" enough, but she obviously knew that, else she would have told him.

\

Another thing, they've only been married a year, together for two, it's not like they've got so much invested in the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It wasn’t the number of fuck buddies she had before him….it was bragging about it IN FRONT OF HIM and FRIENDS the blew up the marriage.

.

As well…for him sex was always integral to a relationship, as he stated about his FIVE experiences. For her, it was pure recreation. THAT is a huge divergence of perspective between the 2 of them.

.

If he REALLY loved her, he should have gone to counseling with her to try to ascertain whether her attitude toward sex had genuinely changed. Then again, at no time in the story did the author have Randi exclaim “But I’ve changed! I’m not like that anymore!” Instead, she appeared to be regaling her memories of her fuck history.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Should marry the neighbor girl. Lock that up!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

WTF? Story is absolute BULLSHIT. The Lit people must have been asleep at the wheel?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I can understand not having the conversation because, well, reactions like from MC does indicate that it’s likely a woman would downplay it. It’s very hard because, well, you’re putting someone in a no-win situation. If one has been a bit generous with their favors, they can either lie (crushing trust), be vague (making it potentially a worse case of curiosity), or be honest and it may end poorly.

It’s a valid concern as well. But… well, asking someone to remain chaste isn’t fair either. I’m not sure of the balancing act here, but there has to be at least a reasonable middle ground.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Decent writing, which is why I gave 3 stars. A good direct story progression with enough detail to fill in the backstory without getting montontinous. But then you have the protagonist, reveal himself to be a self-serving jerk in the last paragraph who is clearly not interested in anything more than a quick fuck of this girl, not a committed relationship as he professed to the parents. That upends th entire premise of the prior writing which centers around his moral outrage over his wife having a history of casual sex. So good writing with a poorly executed ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The minute I heard body count, oxytocin, and pair bonding is the minute I know someone is relying too much on tik tok and other social media for facts. That goes for alpha and beta talk too. All that stuff is nonsense. She should have been open about her past. He should not overreact. Here's the thing, the protagonist of a story does not have to be a good person or right.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

4 stars - for the most part, it was a pretty decent portrayal of what I feel the current generation thinks about sexual experience. My pre-marriage body count was 3, but that was 60 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Caused me to chase a mental rabbit hole. After how many does a woman become a slut? After how many does the act become meaningless?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yeah this story sucks. The main character is an asshole. He wasn't comfortable with her body count, but he deliberately did everything to hurt her. And there's no sex in it. And she didn't cheat. Why is it even in this category?

Rayjag1980Rayjag19805 months ago

Very good story. I like all the idiots who are commenting it's her body, or if it was a man it would be OK, laughable.

Honesty counts. She should have been honest with him after their dating got serious as most virtuous men and women won't accept a partner with that high of a body count. If that's your thing and we're told, good for you. Most don't accept it. Just go on YouTube and see some of the discussions on women with high body counts.

He had valid concerns of a wife who viewed sex as only mere pleasure in her younger days.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...