Lesbian Love Story Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My dad worked for a national automotive repair company. He joined them straight from high school back in the 1960s and worked his way up from the apprentice mechanic, to national CEO. He built the local mechanical repair workshop into a national multi-million dollar franchise business. Accordingly, he was rewarded along the way. The fact he remained loyal to them when he could have accepted a higher-paying position interstate or even overseas, meant he was well compensated when he chose to retire early.

My dad was able to read me backwards. Meaning he knew what I was thinking long before I even did. He asked me what I thought the business was worth. "Well, there are three projects on the go at the moment, total value of fourteen million with a clear profit edging towards the 2.75 million. But there will be some guarantees held over. In the pipeline, we have been short-listed for two other projects, one in the city is way over twenty million. But Paddy wasn't that keen on it as he didn't trust the principle. The way he set the company up it was mainly there to do the paperwork, and he uses subbies to do 95% of the labour," I rattled all that off at a million miles an hour. Dad told me to stop, take a breath and think about things, then call him back, as I wasn't making any sense. He had a way of putting his little princess in her place.

By the time I had driven home, I still had thousands of ideas running around my head. I thought to myself that even with all my savings, and selling off some bits and pieces, I had some artworks I had invested in that I hardly ever went and looked at anymore, it was a spontaneous 'must have' moment in my life, some stocks maybe, I was still going to be way short of what Paddy and Mum would want for the business. I was thinking somewhere between 3 and 5 million cash plus some ongoing percentages of work already quoted. I stopped and thought, 5 million, where on earth could I get that sort of money from?

My two brothers rang me before I could ring my dad back, he had already spoken to them and they were putting together a plan. They invited themselves around to talk things over. Not being a domesticated woman by any stretch of the imagination. I ordered the food online, thanking God for 'menulog'. I rang my dad back an hour later, and well before both Caspian and Fergus turned up.

It rang several times before it was answered. "Hi, me again," I started. "Caspian and Fergus are coming around for dinner and we are going to bounce some ideas around, do you and Mum want to join us?" I asked not expecting them to say no.

"Sorry, not tonight we have a date night," He told me. "You guys work something out then come and show us,"

"Where you off to? I asked being nosy but also a tad jealous. I mean is that a thing, being jealous of your parents actually spending time together? Maybe I required some of my own kind of loving. I wouldn't say I was in need but being single sucks sometimes.

"Just out to eat and a movie," He told me. "Nothing special."

What I love most about my parents, besides the fact they are my parents, is the way they are still so much in love. The way they look at each other, the little touches. See my dad pat Mum on her bum occasionally and kiss her on the cheek at every opportunity. The little things they do for each other. Love is grand.

"That's so sweet, papa," I said in my most cutesy voice.

"Thank you, and if you were thinking of it, don't ring us tonight Candice," he replied.

"No we won't, enjoy your date night, love to Mum," I gave him a big kiss over the phone and hung up.

The thought that my parents still went out on date nights filled me with that loving feeling. Good grief I can't remember the last time I went out on a real live romantic date night and then ended up in the arms of a lover, long term or just overnight, either or would do at the moment. A dry spell is what my brothers used to call it. Then spending the next so many hours enjoying ourselves, the sex, the fetishes, the fantasies, on the way to being totally sated. Suddenly an image of my Mum and Dad ran through my mind, GOOD LORD NO!!!! Yucky no way.

Chapter Three.

I shook my head, Candice snap out of it girl, you have business to sort out. The sex can wait. I felt a tingle in my lower regions that had long been silent. Hhhmmm I thought to myself. A visit to Emily's Wine Bar may be in order. I always got hit on when I ventured there.

My brothers and their small families arrived as did the food and any thought of going out and getting laid was soon forgotten. I enjoyed their company, my sisters-in-law tagged along and brought their babies, obviously, doh. I had to admit it to myself they were super cute as far as babies went. Not that I wanted any, my god no, I'd end up leaving them somewhere by mistake. But short visits like these were ideal.

We ate, we laughed, I put some music on, drank some more and then thinking about why we were there, I capped the drinking of wine and such to the two bottles. The photos in Paddy's office were a stark reminder of how selfish drunk drivers really are. If anything was to happen to either of these families just because we drank too much at my place, well I'd never be able to live with myself.

We five sat around, in my living space, and both of the boys put ideas to me. The one that made the most sense was that our family along with 2 or 3 of our family friends would create a small investment group, raising between 5 to 7 million dollars, buy the company outright, and also offer old man Paddy a ceremonial role as 'Chairman' of the board. Complete with a small annual fee. He didn't have to do anything or even be involved if he chose not to. But both Caspian and Fergus agreed that part of the reason the company was so successful was due to him, not his son. So on all of the stationary, it would have his name as 'Chairman of the Board' and have the appearance, at least, of growth, continuity and normality. On top of all that they added that they knew which of the family friends to invite in. I felt so happy it had all come together, in such a short space of time.

Abigail, Caspian's wife said she needed a hand with her baby and would I help with a change of nappy. I had experienced changing a nappy before, on my own and it was one reason of many I never wanted a child. But she insisted I help, and being in a wonderful mood I went with them to my bedroom to help change the 8-month-old little cherub.

As it turned out she didn't need a hand but wanted to check something out with me. "Are you seeing anyone?" She asked straight up.

"Not at the moment, why are you asking?" I replied, sensing a blind date in the making.

"Do you remember my little sister Katie?" she said, laying little Chloe down on a changing mate she had put on the bed, and undoing the zipper to her all in one. The stench that escaped brought tears to my eyes. "Oh my God Chloe, what have you been eating," I was trying not to laugh but I was hopeless.

"You should have been here the other day?" Abigail exclaimed, "By all the saints in heaven she could have peeled the paint off of the ceiling, she was putrid, I swear,"

"What on God's earth are you feeding her?" We were both laughing now as was Chloe. I looked down at her cheeky smile and started talking to her in my 'baby speak' as almost everyone would do in the same situation.

"You can laugh Miss Chloe, but you stink, yes you do, you have a smelly bum, look at you all cute and cuddly,"

"About Katie," Abigail continued.

"Yes, what about Katie? Is she okay?" I asked.

"Hell yeah, she is doing well. She came out and told my Mum and Dad she is batting for both sides now and wants to bring her 'friend' home,"

"Oh really, wow, I had no idea. What did Mum and Dad say?" I asked but sensing it wasn't well accepted.

"They say they were kind of alright about it but not if you know what I mean,"

I didn't but I was extremely lucky, my parents were or are special. Coming out to them was as natural as it would have been if I told them I had a boyfriend I wanted them to meet. It was no big deal to them either way.

"So, do you need my help with something?" I said it hoping beyond hope the answer would be no.

"No, not really, her friend has a friend and they need a fourth to make up a dinner date," She asked.

"Are you kidding me," I said, "Katie is what, 27 or 28 and she needs her big sister to find her a gay fourth for a dinner date?" I stated almost disbelieving she had asked me. I continued as I smiled at her "Abigail, I am a lot older than your little sister and her friends, I would stand out and be the odd one out. I would make them feel uneasy as well as being that way myself. Despite what you see in the movies, gay women are no different to the rest of you,"

Abigail just stood there looking at me, while little Chloe was wiggling in her arms, giggling and smiling, she put her over her shoulder to try and settle her down and started to gently pat her on the back. Chloe promptly threw up over her shoulder.

"Oh bugga," She exclaimed, "This is the third top I've had on today, would you believe? She has a tummy bug I am certain of it,"

I laughed and took Chloe at arm's length and called for Caspian, "Come and get your daughter Caspian,"

Like the great dad, he is and a wonderful husband, he came in took Chloe, mucky top and all, and cuddled her, while handing his wife a towel from the baby bag and lovingly said, "One of you three girls stink, I bet it is daddy's little girl," And he gave her a kiss and she laughed. He cleaned up the excess vomit and started to change his daughter again. Abigail mopped her blouse down, I did a double-check of her shoulder and back. "All good," I told her, She smiled at me and just rested her hand on my arm.

"Please," Is all she asked of me.

"Give her my number and ask her to call me and I'll think about it," I told her.

"Think about what?" Asked Caspian.

"Going out with Katie and Jillian and Jillian's friend," Replied Abigail. "Just to make up the numbers Casp, that's all," She added.

She was the only one I had ever known who was allowed to call him anything except Caspian. Even Fergus and I had to defend ourselves when we did it deliberately to antagonise him.

My big brother looked up from his fatherly duties of cleaning up his daughter and didn't say a word, but just smiled and winked at me.

"Why is it men think of one thing all the time," I asked.

Abigail whispered quietly to me, "You think they're the only ones," and she just gripped my arm "I am so in need,"

I chuckled at her. She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

I nodded and told her "I know that feeling,"

It wasn't late but the girls wanted to get their babies home and into their own beds sooner rather than later. Fergus said he would prepare a written proposal for us, and I should run it past Paddy to gauge their feelings on it. Caspian would do all the running around to set the finances up if it was required.

We said our goodnights and I waved them off. I started to clean up and thought to myself should I go out, it was only just after 9 so not late and I had nothing important on my plate in the morning. Emily's would be busy, who knows I might get lucky I thought. But as soon as I went back into my bedroom to get changed the unmistakable odour of baby poo and vomit hung in the air. I went and found the air freshener and gave the room a good spray and even then it wasn't safe enough to bring a stranger home to.

So I sat up with a cup of coffee and put the TV on.

Chapter Four.

After a restless night of erotic dreams, I dragged myself out of bed and got myself ready for my morning jog, yoga pants a simple sports bra, and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I put my phone into my pants pocket and attached the ear pods after I had selected the music, and off I went.

I don't run a distance but for a time. 40 minutes every morning. 20 out and 20 back. Clears my mind and keeps me fit. I was about 15 minutes from home when a call interrupted Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hi, Candice, it's Katie O'Brien, Abigail's sister,"

"Hi, Katie, How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, are you free to talk?" She asked.

"Well I'm out jogging right now, but if you want to talk now we can or we can meet for a coffee later on, somewhere central?"

"Coffee sounds like a plan. Do you still live down the Port way?" She asked inquisitively.

Yes, I do, born and bred and if I remember correctly, you are up Modbury Heights somewhere?"

Yes, I am, what a great memory you have. Do you remember that little place where Abbi and Casp got engaged? That place on Salisbury Highway, the Watershed Café and Restaurant, up in the Greenfield wetlands?"

"Yes, I do. I wouldn't let them hear you calling them that," I told her as I laughed at hearing it out loud. "What time suits you?" I asked.

"Can we do it around four, that way Jillian can join us," She told me.

"Four O'clock sounds great, I am looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your Jillian," I told her.

"Thanks Candice. She is such a sweetie, all of this has happened so quickly, well kind of quickly, I felt it inside of me a long time ago but was never certain. Plus, I still kind of like boys but not as much. If you know what I mean," She told me.

"I don't so will take your word on it, boys were never my scene, but you know that. Look, I must dash, I need to get home and freshen up, I have some running around to do, thanks for calling and I will see you at four," I said to her, and we both said our warm goodbyes before hanging up.

This would give me time to call Paddy and my other Mother. I walked the last 10 minutes to cool down, it was going to be a warm sunny day, and I was feeling on top of the world. Bright and cheerful. I started getting out of my gear the moment I closed the front door behind me. I headed to the bathroom and stripped off putting the running gear into the laundry basket, it was almost full, so will need to do a load before I go out, I thought.

Turning the shower on, I got the temperature just right and luxuriated under the warm flowing water feeling the sweat wash off of me, if felt great. I used the body wash and started to feel relaxed and refreshed. I shampooed the red hair top and bottom and checked to see if it needed tidying up, it didn't but my hand down there reminded me how long it had been since anyone's hand had been there. Geez Candice, you need to get laid I thought aloud.

I got myself dried and left my hair wrapped in the towel, threw on a comfy pair of cotton panties, a pair of soccer shorts I pinched off of someone and just a simple rainbow-coloured tank top. I went and sat at my computer and checked the stock market, a couple of my investments hadn't moved but I still felt they were good to hold onto. The emails were just the normal junk I collected. Nothing stood out.

I pulled out my phone and rang Paddy. He answered on the third ring. "Hi Candice," he answered and sounded in a great mood.

"Good morning Paddy, You sound chipper?"

"I'm ok, I guess sitting down with you yesterday has lifted a weight off of my shoulders," He explained.

"Really, what, just explaining to me you wanted to sell the business," I inquired. I was a little taken aback. I knew they were fond of me but not to the point of worrying about what I thought.

"Yes, Mother has a special spot in her heart for you. She thought you might be upset with us,"

"No, never, I love you guys, you deserve all the happiness in the world," I wanted to hug him or them both.

"Well, we were concerned you might be upset," He continued.

"Paddy, stop it, you are making me weep, you two are so kind and caring," I really was about to tear up. "Enough, already," I told him, then pushed on to tell him about what the brothers and I thought. "My brothers and I talked it over last night, and we all agree that the success of the business comes down to you and Mum, and if we were the successful bidders for the company, we would want you and Mum in whatever capacity you choose to be there in if you know what I mean. That sounded so clumsy, didn't it?"

Paddy was silent on the phone, but I heard him relaying what I was saying to Martha, his wife and my other Mother. There was some muffled speaking before he returned to the call.

"I hear you Candice. Would you mind if I put this on speaker, Mum is driving me crazy with questions," He told me. I chuckled and told him to do it.

"Hi Mum," I said hearing the tone on the phone change, the echo chamber that is a phone on speaker.

"Hi, sweetie, what did you and your brothers have in mind?" She asked.

"This was their thoughts. Mine too but they came up with it. What if we paid you a small annual fee to act as a chairman of the company but you guys are only involved as much as you want to be? So that way we keep the company name but more importantly your name stays on the stationary as Chairman of the board," I told them.

The silence on the phone as they took it all in was nervy for me.

"Paddy, what do you think?" I finally found the courage to ask them.

"I think Mother and I have to think about it," he told me none too enthusiastically. My heart sank. I wasn't too sure what type of response I was looking for. I didn't expect them to say yes outright but I did think that it fitted into their future plans for themselves. And a little bit more.

I must have sounded deflated as Mum came on and thought that was all that was on the table.

"Candice sweetheart, we have had preliminary advice on the worth of the company and they think it would bring close to 6 million dollars. We could accept that and walk away from it, without a care in the world," She told me.

"What if we were to offer you the 6 million dollars, PLUS," I said in a louder tone but not aggressively, "An annual fee say of fifty thousand dollars as Chairman and a consultant or something?"

Paddy spoke up and told me straight, "I'd say you would be silly. Candice, I wouldn't want to take your money under false pretences. I'm willing to discuss the chairman's role and what it entails and as such I'd be open to speaking to you as we do now. Every week or so. But I don't want to be involved on a day-to-day basis. If you and your brothers can accept that, then we have something to work towards,"

I listened and thought 'Didn't I just offer you that?' It was odd I thought, something wasn't right.

"Paddy, it sounds good. Shall we wait until you have a formal proposal from your assessors?" I asked. "Once you have that we can put together our official proposal," I listen intently.

"It sounds good to me," He told me.

I sensed something wasn't right, his speech sounded slurred as if he was intoxicated, which I knew he wasn't. But something in my gut told me to ask questions. Maybe when Mum and I were alone I could press her.

"When do you think you will have an answer about the value Paddy?"

As suddenly as he sounded disorientated, he came good as if it was my mind playing tricks on me. I knew it wasn't my mind.

"They think it will be by the end of the month. Another 10 days," He explained.

"Excellent," I replied and told him, "We will carry on as if nothing has changed,"

"Yes, we will. We are heading down to the Riverside site so will say our goodbyes," I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Bye for now, you too Mum" I told them and heard Mum sing out in the background, "Bye sweetie," before I hung up.

The first thing I did was to ring my Dad and Mum and tell them everything. My concerns about Paddy's speech first of all. Dad being a Dad told me to butt out of their lives, if they wanted me to know, they would tell me. Mum on the other hand wanted all the gossip on my 'date'.

I hesitated before thinking to myself 'What date' Then it dawned on me. "Mum, it's not a date, it is me helping Abigail's little sister, it is definitely not a date. Besides she is bringing along her girlfriend Jillian. And I am not into 3 some's." I threw the last bit into the conversation to ensure my Mother didn't get any ideas. She instructed me to ring her when I got home, no matter how late.