All Comments on 'Letter to the Author(s), Because'

by kenjisato

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
4Klo_Black204Klo_Black20about 1 year ago

Ken, I’m not sure why you only have 71 followers even though you have helped many writers and as one of the writers/followers who appreciates and loves you. I nominated you because I know how awesome of a person you're and how great you make my story regardless if nobody else likes reading them. If I had known about this nomination selection I would have been nominated. I appreciate you for always editing my stories. (Ps I did nominate you)

plusepluseabout 1 year ago

Dear Kenji,

certainly I did nominate you.

I am very thankful for your always fine and very helpful editing and proofreading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too smarmy for my taste. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Need more proofreading /editors - spell check is NOT enough.

FadedIndianFadedIndianabout 1 year ago

As someone who began pecking away at a manual typewriter in the age of Lin-o-type machines (missed operating one of those by the hair of my chiny chin chin but did operate compgraphics and IBM card punch keyboards), enjoyed the historical perspective. And YES the two editoial functions are different. I have done and continue to do both. My readers would say I can't spell, but their education fell short of the differences between typos and misspellings. Good luck.

dmallorddmallordabout 1 year ago

You certainly have my vote. I'm just chagrined when you send back what I submitted to you. A few critics have said, 'Get an editor!' I found an excellent one. Thanks for all your due diligence. I like your essay, and I still subscribe to a newspaper, though it is hard to call it that anymore as the content has become so diminished. Thanks for your support, and keep up the writing.

Mr_BradyMr_Bradyabout 1 year ago

Kenji, you are without exception THE MAN when it comes to editing and proofreading. I love your work, and I love you!! And, needless to say, I have just nominated you my friend.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Sir, (I write under a different pen-name.) I've published 5 stories, to date, and went seeking an editor/proofer when I wrote my first back in 2017. I have mild dyslexia and I'm an engineer so creative writing is challenging. I asked +dozen L-Editors for a proof read to not get one reply to my request.

\

So MS Word is what L gets and my own devised method - of reading the story out-loud and doing obvious 1st edits, put it down for +week and do it all again, and then one more time. No matter how well I edit I always find changes needed. Finally it is time to fish or cut bate / schm*t or get off the pot and take the L submission gamble.

\

I got rejected by L-Owners telling me to find an Editor. So I broke my story up into ~4K chunks and resubmitted - all got posted and I'm happy to say all the chunks got >4.5 stars. Wow. Oh I got blasting comments (don;t give up your day job/etc) by many but I did not care - I did it.

\

Since this rude awakening, my major complaints about L-Editor system is its methods; who is an active Editor, are they taking on new writers, how many stories have they edited, and where is an Editor rating system? L post the Editor-list by MOST-edits and Open-for-action... L needs to change their story database by adding who was the prime editor to the story listing?

\

I wish I'd known about you, but until I saw your listing by Topspot101, I never knew.

\

I had to take a writing sabbatical due to Covid, a few months into Covid I got the big hit 'Cancer'. The injection side-affects really whacked me for the next +3yrs, even forcing me to retire. I'd started a few stories but I quickly fatigued. I'm now in remission and purging the drugs feeling my brain is almost back to working - at least I can write a full email/comment at a sitting and maintain a conversation over HAM radio.

\

So when the time is right I'd like to have you proof-read mine, TNX.

\

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Hooyah, Salutes...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkenjisato@kenjisato
Erotica reader, proofreader, and hopefully editor; just tired of reading a good story, until . . . you come home to you're family, their they're fucking there mother’s best friend; and your wondering why she didn’t invite you two help with your too kids, to; instead of: you c...