All Comments on 'Letter to the Author(s), Confession'

by kenjisato

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Mr_BradyMr_Bradyabout 1 year ago

Kenji, frankly it doesn’t really matter to me HOW you’ve done the amazing work you have. All I know is, it’s been a little over a year now that I’ve thankfully had the pleasure of having you be the only one who’s proofread my smut.

Thank you for ALL you do!! ❤️

Mr_Brady ☀️

P.S. Hopefully today I’ll be sending you more of my “work” 😉

dmallorddmallordabout 1 year ago

As noted by Mr_Brady, I concur with the mechanics of how the editing has been handled. Done well, in my opinion, regardless of the person or persons handling the review or proofreading of my material. In the multi-review approach, the students and teacher review concepts; at least two or more sets of eyes are on the story. It is like having a pool of authors reviewing the nuances in vocabulary that I missed. It has also been a teaching vehicle for me with those additional eyes on my work – I learned to pay more attention and be less cavalier in my approach from that conscientious effort by kenjisato. It's certainly improved my vocabulary. I'll continue to write and send my efforts for scrutiny. Thanks for that. It sounds like a 'plot bunny' is jumping around in this revelation: a scandalous one of a rogue teacher and students getting caught up in the revelation of how the work is being used to teach proofreading skills at a local junior college level.

Thanks for all the excellent proofing.

NewEroticaWriterNewEroticaWriterabout 1 year ago

I for one, am NOT happy. I feel cheated. I feel a trust has been broken. You should not be able to proofread or edit anything anymore.

Blah…

4Klo_Black204Klo_Black20about 1 year ago

Kenji, no matter what or however long you take. I don’t mind, and I’m glad you had additional help. I always felt terrible thinking you were overwhelmed for free.

I'm glad you're being honest able how the turnaround time will be longer than expected.

🫡

Toro1Toro1about 1 year ago

Kenji,

I love your collective work. I care about results and if using your class helps, I have no issue. Thanks for all your great work.

kenjisatokenjisatoabout 1 year agoAuthor

Dear NewEroticaWriter,

I am so sorry to read that you feel that way, as that was not my intention at all, and as my large ego cannot let this go, I thought it best to clarify my 'confession'.

Although I pride myself on being a somewhat capable proofreader and a 'getting-better-of-sorts' editor, I also must 'confess' (again) that I am not a very good writer of fiction. I have come to the conclusion, based on feedback such as your comment, and the tens of private messages I received; most of them misunderstanding my fictional attempt at humour, and chastising me for using high-school students to proofread erotica -- and be advised, it was not the fact that it was erotica that enraged them, but for the fact I did not compensate them monetarily for their efforts, that made them upset; to which I must agree, as I, too, was once a student who detested the exploitation of workers and insufficient pay for work rendered... and even today, as the income tax deadline has passed, I still feel that way, which is why I complain that the government should be doing more for the pay they are getting from the taxpayer...

Please understand that I am a novice writer myself, and that I do not possess the 'fiction' gene (if there is one) that so many of the writers I have had the honour of proofreading, seem to possess. Should I continue to write future letters, I will try to be more creative in my prose, so that there can be no possibility of misunderstanding my intent, and, hopefully, be a little more humorous... he typed on his laptop; while Ayako, his secretary, was atop his lap, vigorously enjoying his member ensconced in her pussy, while he tried to look over her shoulder to see the screen, which was ever so difficult, with her up-and-down motion...

So, please, NewEroticaWriter, understand that I highly value the trust that writers have given me, and hope that this comment (not a letter, or review, or essay), while being long-winded, also shows that it was my lack of fiction writing skills and my less-than-stellar attempt at sarcasm, that made you feel that way. I hope that you would be able to forgive my perceived indiscretion, and hopefully allow me the honour of proofreading your next story.

In the meantime, I will continue to hone my craft, and also try to improve my writing... but no guarantees on the latter.

Kindest regards,

Kenji

loveofstoryloveofstoryabout 1 year ago

You’re incredible and I’m thankful for all your teachings, I’ve grown so much as a writer because of your and your student’s support, time and guidance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkenjisato@kenjisato
Erotica reader, proofreader, and hopefully editor; just tired of reading a good story, until . . . you come home to you're family, their they're fucking there mother’s best friend; and your wondering why she didn’t invite you two help with your too kids, to; instead of: you c...