Letting Go

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,427 Followers

Abby inhaled sharply and bit her lower lip.

"Everything changed almost instantaneously. I wanted to tell you about it, but you seemed to, well, back away each time I was ready to say it."

Abby's head was nodding.

"So I'll just say simply that I think you're the most special person I've ever met, and I'd love to explore what we might have together."

Her hand slid slowly across the table toward mine, and I met it in the middle. Her hand was warm and soft, and I held it tightly. I hoped she could tell from my eyes how I felt about her.

She took a deep breath and squeezed my hand.

"I think I told you a little about my divorce. I was in love with a man that was too good to be true, and when we married, I found that was totally true. Like you, something inside me broke, maybe my heart, and either I couldn't repair it or didn't want to repair it. I met guys that seemed to be good guys, but ... I met you at the conference, and you seemed too good to be true, but I wasn't willing to test it and fought with myself to keep you at least at arm's length.

"I dug in back at work, and they announced they were promoting this dud to head the project development department, and I thought it should have been me. Seems he's dating the boss's daughter, though.

"A while ago, I started getting calls and texts from Alex, my ex. Lots of calls and texts, and I thought about a restraining order, but some part of me hated to totally mess up his life. But he kept it up endlessly, and when my neighbor reported seeing a car passing my house and slowing down over and over, I was terrified. I wanted something to comfort me, and I remembered when we hugged just before I left the conference. I would have given almost anything for another hug, and when you met me at the door today with your arms open wide, my world got so much better.

"I don't want to fight it any longer. If you want to give it a try, so do I."

My heart was pounding at the sound of her words. I stood slightly and leaned across the table as she matched me, and our lips met tenderly. We sat down and stared at each other.

"Before we go any further, there's something I need to tell you."

"Okay. Is it bad?"

"I hope not. When I checked into the hotel and my room that first day, I glanced out my window and saw, across the courtyard ... a beautiful woman in her bathroom about to take a shower."

Abby looked startled at first, then smiled. "And it was me?"

"Yes, and I didn't look away."

"Well, you must have liked what you saw because you hung around me as much as you could, and you never said or did anything uncalled for. And in my case, uncalled for covers a lot of ground."

"You're not upset?"

"Am I acting upset?" She giggled. "Maybe you'll get to see it again. I have a room at a hotel, and I'll probably take another shower."

~~~

ABBY

The look on his face was priceless, and the words I had just uttered certainly were not on my agenda for the day. But they seemed appropriate, and I could tell that he enjoyed them. The feel of his kiss was still on my lips, and the aroma of his cologne still in my nose. I was in love and had been since I'd wanted his hug as I sat in my living room trembling. I knew in my heart that he wasn't like Alex, and I could trust him with that heart.

"Should we go back to your office?"

"Probably. We've been gone long enough that people will already be talking."

I watched him pay the bill and watched Akari look at me and then at Keith and giggle. She must have seen us kiss.

Back in his office, I sat across from him and smiled.

"If you're still offering me a job, I'll take it. And I don't need an additional twenty percent under the circumstances."

"It will be tough, you know, because people will find out that there's something between us."

"Given the chance, I'm sure that I can show them that I'm a damn good engineer."

"I don't doubt that in the least."

"I need to make a phone call." I took out my phone and punched in the number. The ringing was clearly audible, so Keith knew it was on speakerphone.

"Hello, Abby. Everything's okay, I hope."

"Everything is fine, Russ. Better than I might have hoped for. In fact, it's so good I'm turning in my two week's notice."

A pause.

"Did you say two weeks notice?"

"Yes, sir, I did. I have the next couple of days off, so I'll be in next Monday to begin the two weeks."

"Abby, you can't do that. You're way too valuable to us."

"That's what my new employer thinks, too. I probably should have called Ron, but I don't have his number, so I called you so you can let him know."

"Abby?"

"I'll be in on Monday, and we can talk more if you'd like. I need to go now. We have some details to work out here." I disconnected.

"Was that too mean?" I asked, wondering what Keith would think.

"I don't think you're mean at all, so I'd say no."

We went into the office area, and Keith announced that I'd be joining them in the near future. Everyone seemed pleased, particularly the guys, which Keith pointed out to me later. We finished up the day discussing what new projects I might be involved with. We stopped for a quick dinner at Cracker Barrel and then headed to the hotel to check me in. Keith carried my suitcase to the third floor, and I unlocked the door.

Once inside, I threw myself into his arms, and we kissed. I hadn't kissed a man for more than seven years, and as our tongues tangled, I realized that I'd missed it. We were squeezed tightly together, one of his hands on my butt holding us that way.

"I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I think I need to take one," I gasped out against his face. I felt him squeeze me even tighter.

"Maybe I should get a room across from you so I can duplicate what I saw before," he said as he nibbled my ear.

"I hope it's better up close," I suggested.

He murmured, "Yeah." and let loose of me.

I'd never done anything quite like this before, as Alex had always told me exactly what he wanted and expected me to stick to the script. This was me on my own.

The bathroom was small but large enough for what was going to happen. The shower curtain was opaque, so Keith brought in a chair. I began to slowly undress, tossing my clothing aside until I was down to bra and panties. Without looking at Keith, I unfastened the bra and tossed it onto the pile. I knew I had a good figure, but when I pulled my panties down and tossed them aside, the look on his face nearly made me melt right where I was standing. I knew my body had to be glowing pink from the heat I was feeling from what I was doing.

"Abby, you're gorgeous," he said as I adjusted the water temperature.

"You're just saying that because I'm naked," I replied.

"You're doubly gorgeous and totally delicious when you're naked."

I smiled as I stepped into the tub. They were empty words coming from anyone other than Keith, but hearing them today created a feeling of security that I had been longing for. And now, the warm water caressing my skin was soothing and stimulating at the same time.

I knew that Keith had climbed onto the chair and was watching me over the top of the curtain. For the first time in my life, I felt a little kinky, and it was exciting. I stood directly under the showering water, not worrying at all that my wet hair would be unattractive. I washed carefully, dwelling on my breasts.

As I was finishing my legs, the curtain pulled back, and a very naked Keith stepped under the shower with me. Our bodies and lips pressed together in a long kiss. He lifted his head.

"And to think I was nervous about spilling out my feelings to you."

I took hold of his erection.

"Are you less nervous now?" I heard a loud groan.

Keith had taken my cue, and his hands were in motion. My breasts, one butt cheek and then the other, and finally between my legs. As my body began to almost vibrate, I suddenly realized I certainly had nothing to contribute to safe sex, and I was sure Keith wasn't prepared either. As his fingers began probing me, I lost that train of thought.

"Oh, shit, Keith," I moaned, biting his neck as he began rubbing my clit, something that hadn't happened for years, and my body was undulating in time with his finger. He was suddenly behind me, pressing me against the wall and spreading my legs.

"Don't worry," he grunted into my ear as the water cascaded over both of us.

I put my head against the wall and let him have his way, which was exactly as I wanted it. I sensed him probing, then felt him enter me. He was kissing my head and ear as he began sliding in and out. The faster he moved, the more intense the feelings that radiated throughout My body. It wasn't long before I knew.

"I'm coming, Keith," I moaned as my body began to spasm over and over until I felt him pull out and groan until his arms were around me again.

"Just in time," he whispered into my ear as I reached to turn off the water.

I turned toward him.

"Gorgeous."

"My man," I answered simply.

We dried off and dressed, heading for the couch.

"I should probably go," he said rather despondently.

"Hit and run, huh."

His head snapped around, and I kissed him. We both laughed and then I crawled onto his lap.

"Still want to go?" I teased.

"Abby, if I stay, we know what will happen, and I wasn't prepared before and ... "

I smiled as he paused. I knew where he was going, and I was there too.

"Tomorrow, I'll be prepared, and you'll still be here." I could stand to have him look at me that way forever.

"Are you sure you can wait?" I asked as I nibbled his ear.

He groaned and worked to get me off his lap. He was finally able to jump up, pull me up, and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Abby, tomorrow morning, I'll see you at the office. We'll get your paperwork done, talk a little more about possible projects for you, and then do a little house hunting if you'd like." The look on his face when he said that was a bold hint about what he was thinking.

But I wasn't quite ready to move in with him yet. "I'll be there, and it will be fun to look at some houses.

We kissed, a warm, tender, and dare I say, loving kiss, and it was so satisfying.

He went to the door, and we kissed quickly again. I stood and watched him walk down the hall and had never felt more secure and wanted in all my life. When he turned at the elevator to wave goodbye, I raced to him, and we embraced once more. As the elevator door closed, I smiled and hugged myself all the way back to my room. At thirty, I had found true love, and I could hardly wait to explore what it might have in store for both of us.

I thought that a call to Erin might be in order.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,427 Followers