Lightning Strikes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He turned to me and smiled and said, "I thought you were sleeping"? Is everything ok"?

I smiled back and said, "Everything is now, you're still here".

He pulled me to him tight and kissed me sweetly and said, "I'm still here". He then kissed me more passionately and pushed me against the wall of the shower, wrapping my legs around his waist in the process. He slid into me with ease and made love to me against the shower wall.

Holy shit, it was amazing! I truly adore this man! But now it's getting harder to say goodbye when the time comes, and I know it's gonna be soon.

Later that night, we were snuggling on the couch and I had to ask him a question I have been avoiding, "I have to know something, why did you choose me"?

He looked at me with a sadness in his eyes and said "I was sent to you by someone close to you that wanted to make sure you were ok. But to be honest, I wasn't expecting that I'd fall for you. I will have to leave you soon, and now it's gonna be awfully hard to leave".

I felt a tear fall down my face as I thought about how much I was gonna miss him. He wiped it away, placed my head in his strong hands and turned me to face him and whispered against my lips "I love you. Never forget that". Then he kissed me sweetly and passionately and let me cry into his chest.

It took a few minutes for my sobs to subside, but when they did, I looked up to him and said with watery eyes, "I love you too". I held on as tightly as I could, but somehow, no matter what I did, he was already leaving.

I must have dosed off at some point because I woke up alone on the couch. I looked around and called out to Gary, but I couldn't find him. Part of me knew he was gone, but the other part of me wanted to hang onto the hope that he was still there. I looked around and found there was no sign of him, and in that moment, my heart broke into a million pieces. I collapsed on the couch and sobbed for what felt like days, but it was only a few hours. I felt like a part of me was missing and I would never be whole again.

That whole day, I was inconsolable. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I didn't even play that damn song. It hurt too much to hear knowing how much of a connection I had with him because of it. The next day, I wasn't much better, but I decided to try to at least function like normal. Gary wouldn't want me to sulk. I decided the first thing I needed was a shower. Even though the memories of our time in there were still fresh in my mind, I needed to get cleaned up and join the land of the living again no matter how much it hurt.

When I went upstairs to get my things together for my shower, I noticed something on my pillow on the bed. It was an envelope with my name on it...It was from my Gary. I was overwhelmed with emotions as I opened the envelope and pulled out the note. I took a deep breath and began to read it.

My dearest Angel,

These past few days have been the happiest days I have had in many years. I am sorry I left without waking you, but I just could not see the hurt and the sadness I was about cause you. You have been the sweetest surprise to me. What started out as just a simple visit became a connection I never expected. Although my time is up with you on earth, I will always be there for you and I will wait for you to join me when your time comes around. I will always be in your dreams holding you when you get sad, kissing you when you need soothing, and caressing you when you need my touch. I would fight heaven and hell to be with you if I could, but we will just have to be patient. Every time you need me, put on our song and I will be right there with you. You will always have my heart. In fact, enclosed in this note is something to remind you that you are a part of me. Wear it and I will never be far away...

Love always,

Your Gary.

I looked in the envelope, and there in the corner of it was a beautiful necklace and when I realized what it was, my breath caught, and I clutched it to my chest. It was a heart with a lightning bolt in the middle. What a perfect pendant to remember our special time together. Now I will always have this beautiful reminder that he will never leave me.

As I let those beautiful words and that beautiful sentiment set in, I went on about what I was doing before. I went and took a long, hot shower thinking about what we shared in there. When I dried off and cooled down, I put the necklace on and poured a glass of wine and put our on our song.

With Lightning playing in the background, I picked up my glass of wine, closed my eyes and whispered, "I love you, Gary." After that I let myself dream about a beautiful man with beautiful, brown curls, and stunning hazel eyes coming towards me wearing those navy-blue pajama pants.

Walking barefoot to the bed, he climbed in and whispered "Sweet dreams, my Angel. I'm always here".

And then we drifted off to sleep.

12