Lights End

Story Info
Sometimes Gods are monsters.
24.7k words
4.77
55.6k
115
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Linley flipped her foot irritably as she looked across the breakfast table at her boyfriend. "David Matthew, we have had this conversation! I told you I was not getting married until I was out of college."

"But babe, you can go to school and live with me, it will be great!"

"I said no. I have made it clear for the last six months that I wasn't ready and I didn't want to get married the day I turned eighteen!"

"But you know how girls are. They say they don't want anything for Valentine's Day but they are secretly hoping for a huge surprise."

"Not me and you know that. I am serious. I won't even consider marriage until I am out of college, so please stop pressing the issue!"

"Babe, don't you love me like I love you?"

"Of course I love you David Matthew, but I want you to stop pushing me and trying to change me. I know you don't want me to go to school, you want to take me back to Charleston with you and 'mold' me as you put it."

"Babe, you are being a little unreasonable."

"I am not. I have been saying it for months, since the first time you asked. AND I told you last week that I would not change my mind today and say yes just because I was suddenly old enough. Seriously, I am done with this conversation. I cannot believe you showed up first thing in the morning on my birthday to push this."

"Babe, we can at least talk about it!"

"I am talked out! I said no. Actually, you know what? I don't really think this is going to work between us. You thought I was this young, impressionable, biddable girl that you could shape to your wants, but I was never that girl."

"You were happy enough when I asked you out!"

"What sixteen year old wouldn't be stoked that a twenty year old was asking them out? The problem is that now I know that it was never about me, it was about you making me what you wanted me to be."

"That's ridiculous!"

"Is it David Matthew? And what the hell about that anyway, why do you demand both names like you want to constantly feel like you are in trouble with mommy? I assumed you didn't want me to meet your parents because I was underage, now I think it's because you have mommy issues."

"You don't have to be a bitch, Linley," he scowled, standing.

Linley stood as well. "This is good, actually. I have felt this coming. Part of me knew I was resisting because I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Linley, don't do this. Come on babe, let's go kiss and make up, we can talk about the rest later. Come on, I got a present for you," He said softly, trying to put his arms around her.

Linley pulled away, rolling her eyes. She knew what the present was, it was the same thing it always was for every event over the last two years. It was him pulling out his four inch cock and rutting on top of her for thirty seconds. She wasn't obsessed with sex, but she did know she wanted more than four inches and thirty seconds for the rest of her life.

"Baby," he cooed, trying to pull her close and kiss her neck.

"No, David Matthew. No. It's over. Have a good life."

"Babe! You can't be serious!"

"I am. Please leave now."

"Babe, come on, let's talk about this?"

"I mean it, please leave. Don't make me wake my dad up."

"Jesus fucking christ Linley, seriously? You break up with me because I love you so much I want to spend my life with you?"

"I am breaking up with you because I do not want to spend my life with you. Seriously, please go."

"Babe. Fuck. I will go for now, but can we talk later? After you cool down and have had time to think?"

"I won't change my mind David Matthew. Bye."

He stormed out, pissed, but Linley didn't care. She felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She felt free and excited. She hadn't even known how stifled she had felt until she broke free. She knew she should be sad, or upset, but she wasn't. David Matthew had tried to make her make him her life. He wanted to own her, make her into the girl he wanted her to be. He had taken an impressionable teenager and tried to manipulate her. She could see it all now, even if she hadn't realized it at the time. Her eyes had been full of him at first, but he had never counted on her stubborn, strong will.

Linley looked around, and suddenly she was anxious and wanted to get out of the house. She usually was happy to get time to herself and read or paint, but today was her birthday. She wanted to get out and do something. She considered a moment, then thought about her dorm she would be moving into in less than three weeks. Maybe she could go get some new stuff for her room? New decor and bedding for her new life. She liked that idea and there was a new little consignment shop in the old downtown that had a lot of cute stuff. She picked up the phone and called her mom.

"Hey Lee! Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks mama. Hey, do you think I could borrow the mazda?"

"Of course sweetie, I told you that you could use it any time. No, the red one Gracie! Sorry baby, it's a busy morning."

"No problem, I know, I just wanted to let you know I was going into town really anyway. Maybe if you get to leave for lunch you can call me and we can meet up?"

"Sure sweetie, but it's not looking likely. Sue and Melody both called in and it's a mess here. I love you though and happy birthday! Bye! Gracie I said you can't.." Her mother drifted off as she hung up.

Linley had known it was a longshot, but it was worth a chance. She grabbed the keys to the old car and headed into the city.

Old downtown had not been originally designed for adequate parking with the new revitalization project, so it was all side street parking. Linley didn't mind, it wasn't too hot this morning as she made her way to the little shop. The bell rang loudly when she pushed in and the woman at the counter beamed at her, but stayed quiet with her ear pressed against the phone. Linley walked down the main isle, looking around at all of the cool bohemian decor, so bright, cheerful and colorful. She enjoyed herself, taking her time. Something she could never do with Matthew David, he hated shopping.

She got close to the back of the store and glanced to the side to see that someone was at the end of the isle. She turned to look, automatically, because that's what you do when someone appears in your periphery. It was a tall man, in a long, light, black trench coat with a hood. It looked like a cosplay coat, something medieval. His face was hidden in the hood. Linley looked away quickly, but watched him from the corner of her eye nervously. She turned away from him and started back up the aisle, wishing the store was more brightly lit and less closed in. As she almost made the intersection, the man appeared at the top of the aisle, moving towards her. How had he gotten there so quickly? She spun, but no. There was the man behind her. There were two of them dressed exactly the same.

Her heart began pounding. She hurried to the intersection and almost ran into a third man, dressed the same. She spun and fled, running and turning to sprint to the front. She thought rapidly of what she would say to the lady, but it sounded absurd. 'Call the cops, there are three men walking the isles dressed alike and they make me nervous!' When she reached the front, the option was taken from her. The woman wasn't there. She shot out the door and turned to make sure she wasn't being followed. They were nowhere in sight. She pulled out her phone and her keys as she fast walked to her car, her head on a swivel. She had mace in her car, why hadn't she carried it with her? She had thought her dad was so ridiculous for being insistent she have it with her all the time. Now she wished she had listened.

She turned the corner and could see her car. She felt relief for a moment, then she got stung in the neck. She cried out as her hand slapped at the sting, but her fingers hit something large and cold, metal. An arm caught her around the waist and held her up as her legs began to sag. She tried to yell but her mouth didn't respond to what her brain wanted. Panic rose up as she realized she was moving rapidly to a black panel van and the door slid open. The men in the black coats reached for her and pulled her in before her eyes slid shut.

Linley woke in a bright, airy, open bedroom. Long white, sheer panels billowed in a breeze that smelled like honeysuckle. The sheets laying over her were also white and she wondered if she was dreaming. Or maybe dead. She sat up, feeling her neck. She could feel the small sore from a puncture and her eyes darted around as she scrambled out of the bed. She was in a long white gown that puddled around her feet on the floor. She stared a moment, trying to comprehend what was happening. The room was mostly a light colored wood with a few green ferns and all white textiles. It was tasteful, beautiful even, and very in touch with nature. She glanced at the door, but hurried to the tall windows and looked out. She was a few stories high, too high to jump or climb down. She looked at the panels and wondered if she could make a rope?

The door opened and she spun. The woman who stood there was older and she looked pleasant. Kind even. "Hello," the woman offered in a sweet, caring voice. "Don't be upset or alarmed. I know it seems a little scary right now, but soon you will realize you worried for naught. My name is Amanda."

"Where am I?" Linley demanded.

"Lights End. You may be thinking of trying to run girl, but you won't be getting far. There is no way out of this place, not for you. There is room to roam, grow a garden if you wish, any number of things, but the barrier will keep you within."

"What do you want? Why am I here? Please, my family isn't wealthy, no one can pay..."

"No no child. It's not like that. You are here for a special reason that we will soon tell you. Please, would you like to come with me?"

"No! I wouldn't! I want answers!"

"Oh, little one, do not make me call Lukan, please. He doesn't always know how to be gentle and you are such a slip of a thing. Really, no harm will come to you, I am taking you to the answers you seek. Won't you come?"

Linley stood looking at the woman fearfully, but she also didn't feel as though resisting would serve her right now. This wasn't the time. She clasped her hands and nodded, following the taller woman out the door and down a long hall. They stepped down a long, curving staircase three full stories. Linley was sure this was the ground floor and she looked around for a door to the outside. Amanda showed her into a large room that made her pause. There was one large chair on the floor near her and six regular chairs lined up on a dais facing the one. She looked over at Amanda and the woman smiled and directed her to the single chair.

Linley nervously went to sit, eyeing the door they had come in, and the side door on the dais. She could also see windows lined behind the chairs and trees out beyond that looked heavy with fruit. She had to hop up into the chair and she scowled at how high it was, her bare feet a foot off the floor, though the long dress barely touched it. She curled her feet under her as she sat back to wait.

She did not have to wait long. Almost as soon as she made herself comfortable, the side door opened and six tall men strode in. They didn't even look around as they marched to their chairs. They were all disparate, but the same. Dangerous. Like they all trained under the same master for martial arts. A movement that was uniform. Like soldiers, but more graceful.

Linley swallowed hard as they sat down facing her, all of them taking her in from head to toe.

"My lords, this is Linley Allewel, the first of the six, judged so by a consensus of 12 out of 12."

"She looks small," one of the men said with a scowl. "Have her stand."

Amanda immediately helped Linley stand and Linley was blushing furiously.

"No," the man said, then stood and left.

The other five remained seated, watching her consideringly.

Linley was terrified at those looks, she felt like prey under their gazes.

All of the men were dressed in light forest colors, light browns, tans, white. All but the one on the end. He was dressed in black and he was different from the others in that they all had short to medium hair ranging from blonde to light brown. His was black, long, messy and tied into a sloppy knot on the back of his head. They all had mostly pleasant expressions, but he looked sour. He scared her.

Amanda turned her, then helped her back into the chair. She did not lean back, she sat perched on the end, her feet dangling. What the hell was happening?

"My lords, do you have further inquiries?" Amanda asked diffidently.

Another of the men stood, eyeing her objectively. "Speak, girl," he demanded.

"I am not a dog, you can't give me stupid commands like that and expect an actual response!" Linley said angrily.

A different man stood and left, leaving four. The one still standing was still considering her. "Do you read?"

"Yes, I am not an idiot. What is all of this? What is happening here?"

The man sat back down. "I am finished," he said gently, addressing Amanda.

"I am finished," the two others dressed the same said.

The man in black eyed her again, then turned with a shrug and looked bored.

"Very good," Amanda said breathlessly. "We can begin the interviews! Come child, we will go right through here so you may meet the lords one at a time."

Amanda pulled her out the door and into another room. It was smaller with only two chairs. Linley pulled out of her grip and turned to her. "What is this? You said I would have answers!"

"You are one of the six. Every sixty to seventy years, based on the life cycle of the last six, a new set of six are born. All on the same day, all at the same time. You are born with the specific purpose, with the specific ability to exist in this place. You are brought here for the lords, as a companion to them. Six girls, six lords. You are first and that means you get to choose among those who desired to be interviewed. Any one of them."

"That's... ridiculous. You can't just kidnap people and say here, pick a guy. No. I want to go home!"

"You are home now child. If you do not choose, then they will draw lots and you may end up with one you hoped to avoid. Come now, this is not an onerous task. This is a lovely place and the lords are mostly wonderful men. Lord Joshua even sat after your outburst and he is the most even tempered. He would do well for you, he is a gentle soul. Now, please behave, or you may find yourself with Lord Eli with his dark moods and dark temper. Speak to them, make a choice," she said as she went to the door.

"Wait! I have more... ugh." Linley tried the door the woman had shut and it was locked. She went to the windows to check them and they were also locked. In the distance she could see what looked like a tall wall. It encircled the valley laid out in front of her as far as she could see.

"Please, have a seat," a deep, gentle voice chided.

Linley turned to the tall man standing inside the door. He was the one who had stood and asked her questions, the one dressed in the lightest colors with the blondest hair. Linley put the chair between them and he smiled patiently as he sat down.

"I am Joshua. Do you have questions Linley?"

"Just Lee. Yes, how do I get out of here?"

"There is no leaving Lights End. Not for one such as you."

"There will be people looking for me!"

"They will not find you. Come now Lee, do not fret so much. It is nice here. Beautiful even. Life is good and I can make it exceptional for you."

"How old are you?"

"How old do I look?"

"Old. Like, thirty. Thirty five. Maybe older."

He smiled and looked down. "I am much older, Lee. We are all much older. We have lived through multiple companions, unfortunately. If we could share our gift of immortality, we would have long ago. I know this is a lot to take in, but please do consider how wonderful life can be here if you let it."

"What is this place? Why is it here? Who are you people?"

"We are the wardens, the keepers of the seasons and the days and the nights. We are older than a time you have known to count. We have taken new forms, new names over the centuries, but we remain in our core who we once were."

"Why do you kidnap girls?"

"When the last of our companions dies, a new set of six are born. We have eighteen years until we see their faces. You were never meant for that world, it is not kidnapping to return you to where you belong."

"Is this some joke? Some new reality show? Did someone set me up for my birthday?"

"No, Linley, this is not a trick. Now. I was afforded an extra few moments on my interview for your inevitable questions, but our time is ticking away."

Linleys head was racing as her mind tried to catch up. "Ok. Ok. Ok... umm. Are you people going to hurt me? Kill me? What is it you want?"

His smile was gentle as his hands made placating gestures. "No Linley, nothing like that. You are here to choose one among us as a companion. To be our companion. You will speak to each of us who stayed and then make your choice."

"For... for forever?"

"Yes. For the rest of your life."

"That's... this is all insane! You are all insane! I am not doing this!"

"If you do not choose, we must draw lots and you will end with whoever draws you. You are first among the six which means you get your choice among those who would be pleased to have you. If you choose, you control your own destiny more. You say you read. Books are one of the few things that can be brought into Lights End, I am happy to bring you all you wish to help you pass your time. While I am seeing to my duties. When I am not seeing to my duties... we would spend time together."

"Doing what?"

"Keeping each other company, doing what comes naturally to couples."

Linley felt her face flush, knowing what he was intimating.

"So, you are saying I must what? Marry one of you?"

"In essence, though there is no vow or ceremony. You make your choice and then it is done. I am sorry Linley, our time is coming to an end. I do hope you might consider me, I would see you treated well."

He stood and left and Linley stared at the door wide eyed. Was this really happening? Was she dreaming? She was in a coma and it was one of those hyper-realistic dreams that felt real. Something. Anything but reality.

Another man walked in and his smile was less light and open than Joshuas. He looked... predatory. He was in slightly darker colors and his lascivious smirk as he looked her over said his thoughts were all dirty. He sat and eyed her behind the chair as if she were something he might like to eat. Linley felt like huddling behind the chair until he left.

"Hello kitten," he purred, his voice all silk. "I am Levi, I am Spring and... fertility. I can promise you that you will never know boredom with me, or go a day without earth shattering pleasure."

Linley swallowed and gaped at him. Was he for real? He exuded sex on every level. He was handsome, in a slick sort of way, not as handsome as Joshua had been, but much sexier. She backed up to the window and watched him warily. She had just thought this morning, was it this morning? What day was it? She had just thought that she would like to have more in her life than Mathew Davids four inches and thirty seconds. This man looked like he could deliver on that. She did not want her life to revolve around that though.

"Come now kitten, have a seat and let me look at you. Come closer and let me touch you. I will not bite. Not until our first night together. I would like to taste those full lips."

Linley felt herself sliding further away, all the way down the wall to the corner. Nope. This man was too much for her and she knew it. She shook her head slightly.