Like Butter on a Summer Day Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello, Judy. It's Alex," I said. "I have some great news!"

"Let me put you on speaker. Virginia will want to hear this, too," Judy said.

Then I heard Virginia say, "Hello, Judy. What's the good news?"

"I got my line number for Colonel," I said in a rush.

"That's great, Alex," Virginia said. "I'm so happy for you."

Then I heard Judy say, "That's good news, Alex." There was a short pause before Judy said, "Make sure you tell us when you are having your pinning on. We would like to come out there and attend your ceremony."

When I heard that, I teared up. My heart went to my throat when I asked, "You really mean that?"

"Absolutely," Virginia averred. "We want to be there for you."

"Oh, God, I'd love for you to come," I said, my voice full of emotion. After swallowing a couple of times, I said, "I'll make sure to let you know the details. Right now, it looks like the end of September. When I get the exact date, I'll let you know. Now I can't wait for it to happen."

"We can't wait to see you again," Judy said. "We'll let you go, now, Alex. Goodbye."

Virginia echoed Judy's "Goodbye" before I said, "Goodbye, Judy. Goodbye, Virginia."

I hung up the phone, excited that they were going to be here for me. I don't remember much of the rest of the day. I had a lot to do and plan.

August 1997

As I performed my toilet, I mused that it was twenty years ago today that I was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Air Force. I was now eligible to retire at 50% of my base pay. "Well," I thought to myself, as I finished pinning my braid up in a loose bun, "I'm working for half-pay now."

As I drove into work, I made a note to myself to call Steve and let him know when my promotion ceremony was going to be. Last night, I found out from AFPC that my line number was coming up on September 17th. Once I was done with that, I'd call Virginia/Judy to let them know so they could plan to come.

***

Now that I finally had all of my plans finalized, there was one more thing I needed to do. I dug out the paper with Megan's phone number on it. It took me a couple of minutes to work up the courage to dial the number. I drew in a big breath and blew it out before picking up the receiver and dialing the number. When I heard the ring, I nearly panicked and hung up. I resisted the impulse, and when the phone was answered, I held my breath. When I heard Megan's, "This is Ms. McNeil. How may I help you?" my heart leaped into my throat, and I thought I was going to pass out.

It took me a couple of tries before I could get out, "Hello, Megan. This is Alex."

I heard a sharp intake of breath, and then Megan said, "Oh, my God! Alex! It is you!"

Hearing Megan's exclamation, I knew she was as glad to hear my voice as I was to hear her voice. I said, "Yes, I thought I'd give you a call. I'm stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base now."

After a pause, Megan asked, "You're still in the Air Force?"

"Yes," I replied. "I'm commander of the Software Development Center here. So, you're still teaching this year?"

"Yes," Megan said. "Wow, this is so ..." A long, drawn-out pause made me start wondering if Megan wasn't as happy to hear from me as I thought. Finally, I heard her say, "Sorry, Alex. I'm just so overwhelmed about this."

"That's okay, Megan," I said. "I've had time to think about this, and you haven't. It's understandable."

"Thanks, Alex," Megan said, and I could hear the relief in her voice. "You did just surprise the hell out of me."

"A good surprise, I hope?" I asked, mentally crossing my fingers.

"Yes," Megan said. "It's been five years. How did you find me?"

"I found out from Virginia Hanratty and Judy Liles that you were teaching at MIT," I said. "Until they told me that, I had no idea where you were."

"Wait!" Megan exclaimed. "You know Virginia and Judy?"

"Yes," I said. I explained to Megan how I knew Judy and Virginia and was aware of the relationship each of them had experienced with her.

When I was done, Megan said wonderingly, "What a small world."

I chuckled as I said, "I had said that too when Judy and Virginia got together."

After a pause, while we both thought about our entangled relationships, I cleared my throat. I asked, "So, are you seeing anybody?" "Oh, god, I hope not!" I thought to myself.

After a drawn-out pause that made my guts clench, Megan finally said, "No one, seriously. What about you?"

I let out my breath, unclenching a bit before I answered, "No one. I've been way too busy with my career to take the time." After a short pause, I daringly said, "I'd make an exception for you, though."

Again, a long pause while I held my breath before I heard Megan say, "We'll see. I've got to wrap my brain around this first before I can commit to anything. Can I have a week to figure things out?"

"Sure, Megan," I said. "Shall I call you, or do you want to call me?"

"How about I call you once I make a decision," Megan said.

I gave my home number as well as my work number to Megan. We exchanged "Goodbyes" before hanging up. I sat there, my thoughts churning. I know I wished she would have just said "Yes," but I had to give her a chance to think about it. After all, I've been thinking about it for two years. I've just dumped this on her out of the blue. I took a deep breath and turned back to my work. Megan would call me and let me know, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

***

True to her word, Megan did call a week later. I was sitting on the couch, going through some reports, with the TV on in the background. I watched 'Millennium,' a spin-off from the 'X-Files,' one of my favorite TV shows. The telephone rang, and I picked up, hoping it was Megan.

"Hello?" I said.

"Alex, this is Megan," she said. "How are you doing tonight?"

My heart in my throat, I cautiously replied, "I guess that depends on how this conversation goes."

Megan then said, "Alex, I've had a chance to think things out, and I want you to know that I really appreciated you giving me the time to do that." After a short pause, she went on to ask, "Are you available for dinner next Friday?"

When Megan had paused, I had prepared myself for disappointment. When I heard Megan ask me if I was available, I nearly cried with relief. "Yes, Megan," I managed to say, "I will be available next Friday if I have to go AWOL to do it!"

Megan chuckled when she said, "There's no need to go that far, Alex. If you have military business to attend to, we can reschedule."

"As far as I know, I don't," I said. "Since I'm the commander, I can make sure I don't, anyway."

"So, how does it feel to be the boss?" Megan asked, moving on to a lighter topic.

With that, we chatted for a few minutes, working out the details for dinner. Finally, Megan said, "Well, I better let you go for now. I'm really looking forward to next Friday, Alex."

"Me, too," I said. "Goodbye, Megan."

"Goodbye, Alex," Megan said before I heard the click.

I hung up the phone and screamed, "Yeesss!!!!" as I kicked my heels and punched the air.

My night was great. My dreams that night were dominated by Megan's green eyes and were hot and sweaty.

***

Friday was finally here. I thought it would never come. When I came into work this morning, I took Shirley aside. I told her that I would be busy with paperwork, and I didn't want to be disturbed unless it was an emergency. Shirley nodded and said that she'd take care of it. As I walked into my office, I thought that she had twigged on my nervousness. Since we worked so well together, I didn't have to worry about her covering for me.

I actually did have a lot of paperwork to do, so I hadn't exaggerated too much. Since our organization has a CMM level 4 rating now, we're managing the software development process. This requires coordination between various functions such as development, configuration management, and quality assurance. Of course, I wanted to push our organization to get the highest rating, a five, as soon as possible. It would really look good on my resume if my command was the first to get that rating.

Shirley could fend off most of the issues brought to me, although I did have to answer one phone call from headquarters. General Oldiges' aide called me to let me know that the IG was planning to do a readiness review at Hanscom shortly. I thanked him for the heads up and blocked out some time on my calendar to work on that. I was sure that we would pass muster, but it didn't hurt to prepare anyway.

Finally, it was time to leave. My chest was tight as I headed home, thinking about seeing Megan tonight. I had planned what I wanted to wear all week, and I had laid everything out to get ready tonight. I did my toilet, making sure I was freshly shaved, powdered, and perfumed. I donned my navy blue sweater dress with diamond cutouts in front and back that went down mid-thigh with matching heels. I wore sheer thigh highs and had my hair down in a double French braid. As I preened in front of the mirror, I imagined how Megan would see me and thought she'd really love what she saw.

I shrugged on my London Fog, grabbed my clutch and overnight bag, and headed out to my car. I put my bag in the trunk, not knowing if it would be needed, but at least I'd have it if the night went well. We were going to meet at Jimmy's Steer House in Arlington, about halfway between where I lived in Lexington and where Megan lived in West Cambridge. I was told that it had a great menu, and I was looking forward to having a nice meal with Megan.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I was so nervous I could hardly park straight. "What if I don't recognize her?" I thought. "What if she doesn't show up?" was my next thought. "Oh, God, Alex, get your head out of your ass! Of course, she's going to show up!" I chastised myself. I got out of my car, stopped to make sure my outfit and coat were straight and walked into the restaurant.

My eyes flitted around the foyer, and I immediately spotted Megan. Her piercing green eyes speared me, and my heart leaped to my throat. She looked so beautiful I nearly stumbled as we approached each other. As much as I wanted to run up to her and take her in my arms, I restrained myself. Instead, I walked up to her, stopped, and said, "It's good to see you again, Megan."

I saw the struggle Megan was fighting in her eyes. They were so dilated, as I assumed my eyes were, and I could see her amazement that I was really standing there in front of her. Before the pause got too uncomfortable, Megan finally said, "It's good to see you, too, Alex."

Megan reached her hand out, and I reached out and took it in mine. The shock I felt at her touch nearly made me swoon. I could see in her eyes that she was feeling the same thing. As one, we wrapped our arms around each other and hugged. The feel of her body against mine made my nipples harden and my pussy wet and hot. I whispered in her ear, "Oh, God, Megan. I'm so glad you came."

Megan squeezed me hard and whispered back, "God, Alex, I can't believe this is really happening."

We separated, but our eyes remained locked, afraid to look away because the other would vanish if we did. We went and sat down, waiting for Megan's name to be called. We started talking, catching up on five years apart.

When Megan's name was called, we followed the hostess to our table. Once we were seated, we started talking again, picking up where we left off. I just kept staring at Megan, watching her lips move as she spoke, aching to feel those lips against mine, our tongues struggling for dominance. Our conversation wound down, and we just sat there looking at each other.

Just then, our waitress came up and said, "Hello. I'm Sherri, and I'll be your server today. Have you looked at our drink menu?"

I looked up at Sherri, a sweet young lady with a cute face, and said, "No, we haven't, Sherri. Please give us a minute?"

"Okay, I'll be back in a minute with your bread," Sherri said with a bright smile. She bounced away, and Megan and I smiled at each other and quickly looked at the drink menu. I saw that they had bottled beers, so I picked out Blue Moon Belgian White to order. Megan wasn't into beer like I was, so she decided to get a glass of Merlot from a Napa Valley winery that she was fond of.

When Sherri came back with a basket of bread for our table, we ordered our drinks. When Sherri went off to get them for us, we poured over the menu, trying to decide what we wanted. I ended up choosing the New York Strip while Megan chose the Rib-eye. We both decided to get side salads with Jimmy's famous house dressing instead of the baked potato.

When Sherri came back with our drinks, we placed our orders with her. When she left, we started talking again. I don't really remember all that we talked about, but we only stopped when Sherri brought our food. We kept talking through our meal, and before we realized it, we were done. As we waited for the check, I asked, "What do you want to do now?"

Megan looked down and blushed before she looked back up at me and asked, "Would you like to come back to my place?" Once she finished, she looked hopeful, as if there was a chance that I'd refuse.

I teared up as I said, "Yes." I couldn't say anything more at the moment because my throat was closed up from my emotions. I cleared my throat as I reached across the table to take her hand. I was finally able to say, "I'd love to." When I took her hand, a shock went shooting through me to my nipples and clit. I gasped, and Megan did too. Our eyes locked, and at that moment, I felt that I had finally found my love.

As soon as possible, we left to go to Megan's place. She gave me the directions in case we got separated. It took about twenty minutes to go through the winding roads to get to West Cambridge. You'll notice when driving through the Boston area that the streets aren't laid down in grids. It is easy to lose your orientation and get lost trying to find your way to your destination.

As I drove, my thoughts were consumed with what would happen once we got to Megan's apartment. I had to sternly chastise myself to pay attention to my driving rather than fantasizing about getting Megan naked as soon as possible. I was excited and nervous at the same time. "What if it isn't as great as I've fantasized about for the last week?" I thought to myself.

When we got to her place, I parked in a visitor parking spot while Megan parked in her designated spot. She waited for me at the locked gate, and we went in together. While we walked to her building, I remarked how nice her apartment complex was. She replied that she appreciated the safety and that most of the residents were professionals like her, so there weren't many noisy parties.

When we got to her door, we were both in a state, thinking about what was going to happen. Megan nearly fumbled the key before she got her door unlocked. Megan indicated for me to go in first, so I did. I looked around while she closed the door and locked it. It was a lovely open-plan apartment with nearly the whole wall of the living room being a window. The drapes were closed, so I couldn't see the view.

I shrugged my London Fog off, and Megan took it and hung it up in the coat closet next to the door. When she turned back to me, we both put our arms around the other, and I leaned in and tilted my head down for a kiss. Megan's eyes were wide and bright as she tilted her head up. When our lips met, it felt like a small explosion went off in my gut. We both moaned from the sensation, and our mouths opened, and our tongues danced to a tune no one could hear. Our breasts were crushed together, and I could feel her hard nipples digging into my flesh as, I'm sure, my nipples were digging into her flesh.

After an eternity, we broke, gasping for air. Our foreheads touched as we stared into each other's eyes, panting to get our breathing back under control. The indescribable joy that I felt at this moment radiated throughout my entire body, making me feel like I was on fire. My nipples were hard and aching. My pussy was wet and flowing, trying to put out the fire.

Megan's eyes were nearly black with just a thin rim of green. I could see in her eyes that she was as turned on as I was. As one, our lips met again, another explosion going off that made me moan into her mouth. Her returning moan heterodyned with mine, making our combined moan sound loud in my head. Our tongues battled this time, and our hands started wandering over the other's body.

My hands slid down her back, and I cupped her ass, pulling her hips into mine. The close contact and the pressure on my mound caused me to start rolling my hips to try to get some friction. Megan's hands went to my ass, and I could feel her fingers digging into my flesh as she pulled me into her, making the pressure and friction even greater.

Our kiss went on for what seemed like forever before we broke again, gasping for breath. I cupped Megan's beautiful face in my hands and stared into her eyes, wondering if this was real. My heart was beating so fast I couldn't even count the beats. Megan's hands came up to cup my face as we continued gasping. Before our lips could meet again, Megan gasped, "Oh, God, Alex, I can't believe this is really happening."

"Believe it," I gasped. "I want this. I've given up living my life my way for too long."

"Oh, Alex," Megan said, finally able to breathe without gasping, "I want this too. We've both denied this for too long. I'm so glad you found me."

"Yes," I said, leaning in and kissing her beautiful lips again. This time, we just enjoyed the feel of our lips on each other's lips, gently nuzzling each other's lips. Finally, we parted, and I said what I had wanted to say all night, "I love you, Megan."

Megan's eyes grew moist at my declaration. She said in return, "I love you, too, Alex," causing my eyes to start burning with unshed tears.

Without another word, Megan grabbed my hand and turned to start heading further into her apartment. I didn't offer any resistance, and when we entered her bedroom, she turned and said, "I want you to love me like you've dreamed of since that day we kissed."

I grabbed the hem of my dress and slid it up over my hips and then over my breasts until it came off over my head. I stood there in my matching bra, garter belt, and panties. Megan's eyes grew wide. She immediately followed suit, pulling her dress up and off her, leaving her standing in her heels, her matching lingerie looking so lovely on her. My breath caught in my throat, and my eyes devoured her body as I kicked off my heels and reached back to unfasten my bra.

Like a choreographed dance, Megan matched my moves. She kicked off her heels and reached back to unclasp her bra, the movement causing her to thrust out her chest so that when the flimsy material came off, exposing her breasts, I gasped. Both of our bras came off simultaneously, and the cooler air made my nipples harden even more, making them ache.

I watched as Megan's areolas pebbled and her dark pink nipples harden and lengthen as her excitement grew. I moaned, "Oh, God, Megan," as I dropped to my knees and reached out and pulled her panties down. This exposed her shaven pussy. A small triangle of closely cropped auburn hair above her aroused clit was the only hair visible. I leaned in and took a deep breath, reveling in the aroma of her arousal.

I finished working Megan's panties off, and she widened her stance, so I had easier access to her pussy. I leaned in, placing my hands on her hips, and licked Megan from perineum to clit in one long slow move, worming my tongue between her engorged lips. At the end of my stroke, I locked eyes with Megan's and flicked her clit with the tip of my tongue, making her gasp and thrust her hips in reaction. I pulled in my tongue to taste her juices. I closed my eyes as I savored her taste. It was so incredible and so uniquely her.