Lilith's Emporium Pt. 19: Dark Ness

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great, so we have to find a wizard who may or may not be alive, and can't be found, with a woman who was created by the creature he hates the most?"

"Baphomet didn't create me," Dark Ness said with a red glow in her eyes. "I don't know where this attitude of yours is coming from but we need to work together if we are gonna save what good is left in me."

-----------

Shadow had just pulled up to the front of the shop in her friend's car. Gavin was a guy she had met at college and whom she was getting close to. They had become very good friends but she knew there was potential for more but she was still afraid of even trying.

"So, what kind of shop is this?" He asked seeing the sign with the word erotic in it.

"It's not what it looks like," Shadow said blushing a little.

"Hey, if your parents are into that kind of stuff then that's cool," he said trying to calm her down. "I'll have to come to check it out sometime."

"Uh, I'd prefer you didn't, not yet anyway, but thank you for the ride home."

"No problem, if you need help with that assignment just shoot me a text."

"Thanks, I think I understand it but....." she paused as she suddenly had this feeling that something was wrong.

"Shade, you okay?" He said as Shade had become sort of a nickname he had for her.

"I gotta go, I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?" She said suddenly getting out of the car and hurrying to the front door.

"Dammit, Gavin, stupid, stupid!" He said to himself thinking he had done something wrong before finally driving off.

Shadow walked in the front door and she could feel that something was going on. She heard a commotion coming from the back room so she rushed back there and opened the door.

"What's going on?" Shadow said appearing in the doorway wondering why there were two Nessira's, one of which was solid on the table.

"Shadow, stay here and look after........ uh, me," Dark Ness said pointing her the other Nessira.

"Wait, what?" Shadow asked confused.

"Shadow, your mother has been cursed, me and...... her Dark side here are going to go find a man who can save her," Patrick said walking over to his daughter. "She'll be okay, I promise."

"Dark side?" she asked looking at the woman who looked exactly like her mother.

"Don't worry Dear, it'll be alright," Dark Ness said placing her hand gently on Shadow's cheek to comfort her to which Patrick was a little surprised to see. She wrapped her arms around her giving her a hug to help calm her down. "You won't let anything happen to me, will you?"

"Okay, I'll protect her, I promise," she said trying to hide her worry.

"That's my girl," Dark Ness said before walking towards the door. "Oh and Shadow, I don't know who that guy was who gave you a ride home from school but if you decide to fuck him, just clean up the mess when you're done," she said before grabbing Patrick and opening a portal. "I don't want to have to sweep up a pile of dust later."

"Wait, what guy?" Patrick said before Nessira pulled him through the portal.

They both stepped through falling a few feet to soft ground. Patrick stood up and looked around looking at the forest they were in. There was a mist between the tree's making it hard to see which way to go. Nessira was wearing a black dress and heels which made him wonder how she was going to function in the forest.

Dark Ness lifted her feet removing her heels. "Too bad, I liked these shoes," she said examining them. "Oh well, they looked better up over your shoulders anyway," she said looking over at Patrick with a sexy smile before throwing them away. "Okay, so...... this way," Dark Ness said heading off into the mist as Patrick ran after her.

"Hey, wait a sec," he said placing his hand on her shoulder. "Do you even know where you're going?"

"It doesn't matter which direction we go, there are booby traps all through the forest, and when or if he finds us worthy he will show himself."

"Oh, great plan, when or if, how do I know you aren't just leading me on a wild goose chase?"

"I did him a favor once, he'll show himself one way or another," she said looking off into the forest before turning her attention back at him. "You seem tense, why don't you let me relieve some of that tension," she said with a devilish grin stepping towards him and trying to kiss him. "I can put those shoes back on for a little while if you like?"

"What are you doing, Nessira is dying!"

"The curse won't spread with her time locked in place, I'm just trying to make you feel better so you can focus on the task at hand."

"I'm fine, let's just find this wizard and save my wife."

"You mean........ save me right?"

"Yeah, of course," he said before he stepped away from her and headed off into the mist.

Dark Ness watched him as he stepped away from her before she followed him keeping her guard up as she knew there were many dangers in this forest. It was protected by magic traps that could be sprung at any moment so she was being cautious and kept an eye on her husband as well.

She was enjoying her freedom as it wasn't often Nessira let her darkness come out and play. There was so much she wanted to do but the fact that Patrick was being cold towards her was taking up most of her attention. She wanted to fuck him so badly right as it was one of the things she enjoyed doing the most when she was free but now she was starting to worry a little.

"Hey, I appreciate what you did for Shadow," Patrick said breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?" Dark Ness asked confused by his comment.

"I mean comforting her the way you did, that was nice."

"She's my daughter, why wouldn't I comfort her, why would I want her to worry?"

"What, no, it's just....."

"Wait a minute, you think because I am Nessira's dark side that I don't care about Shadow?"

"That's not what I said."

"But it's what you were thinking, Patrick I don't know what is going on with you but I love her, and you!" She said raising her voice a little.

Patrick was about to respond but the ground suddenly caved in under his feet. He began to fall before stopping mid-air. Without a second thought, Nessira grabbed him and held him as he looked down at the rocky spikes in the hole beneath him.

"I got you," she said before pulling him back onto solid ground. "As I said, there are traps everywhere so we need to be careful."

"Yeah, uh, thanks," he said brushing himself off.

"No need to thank me, you're my husband," She said almost as if reminding him before walking ahead of him. "In case you forgot."

Patrick could feel the chill from her cold response and began to wonder what her intentions were. It was difficult for him because this woman in front of him was Nessira, it was his wife but it was also all of her worst qualities. It was the woman he loved but without a filter, or care for anyone which always made him nervous. It was one thing when she would come out and they shared a night of intense passion but he didn't know what to expect from her in a situation like this one.

She had done unspeakable things to many people. She had killed, corrupted, and tortured people. He even thought about Kevin who was in the situation he's in now because Nessira let him die years ago. He watched her walk admiring her ass for a moment as he had an incredible lust for Dark Ness but also fear because he didn't truly know what she was still capable of, and Baphomet's influence was still inside her.

After a little while of seemingly getting nowhere, Patrick said: "Dammit, this forest just goes on and on, Are you sure there is no other way to lift this curse?"

"I'm starting to feel like you don't trust me."

"Well, I........"

"Well, you what?" She said stopping and turning towards him.

"How do I know you aren't just trying to regain control and return to what you were before? After what happened yesterday...."

"Are you serious, I know my soul is stained with that ancient black essence, but have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?" She said with aggravation in her voice.

"Well..... no, but your past sort of speaks for itself.

"And what about yesterday, I didn't hear you complaining, even after you broke free and had your way with me," she said with a smile as if enjoying the memory.

"That was fun, I mean it always it, but you've killed and.....'

"Who have I killed since I met you?"

"That guard from yesterday?"

"You mean the one that tied you up and punched you in the face, I would kill anyone who tried to hurt you or Shadow!"

"What about that reporter a few years ago?" He asked.

"He was killed by his wife, not me!"

"But you turned her."

"Because she asked me too! Dammit, Patrick, you think I'm just an evil bitch don't you?"

"What about Kevin?"

"That was before I met you!"

"No, when he left, you were the last person to talk to him, what happened?"

"That wasn't me, that was both sides of me together, and I told you what happened!"

"Oh really, so you had nothing to do with him leaving, at all?"

"Kevin had to leave, that's the truth, and where is all of this coming from?"

"Look Ness, I don't know what to expect when you are left unchecked, even Ezranox is afraid of you."

"And she should be, what's your point?"

"My point is she is an ancient being, older than you and she left your body in fear after seeing the darkest parts of your soul, and she is in a relationship with Sasha now, which makes me wonder what about you frightened her so much, but she is okay with Sasha despite everything she has done?" He asked. "Now I love you, more than anything, you know that, but the darkness within you frightens me a little, I once saw you destroy the world remember?"

"I never actually did that, we don't even know if that was going to happen or if it was just a bad dream," she said as her eyes turned red. "So it's true, you don't trust me!"

"I didn't say....... Wait," he said grabbing her shoulder to which she pulled away in anger but still stopped to listen. "There's something......." he suddenly pushed Nessira back to her surprise as she landed on the ground but before she could be angry she saw a giant tree trunk come crashing down where she had been standing.

"Shit!" She said before jumping to her feet as a tall bulky creature with grayish-brown skin came walking out into the open. "It's a forest troll!" She yelled as Patrick jumped back as well.

"Great," he said dodging the giant tree trunk again as it was being used as a baseball bat by this twenty-foot tall monster.

Nessira sprouted her blades and slashed the back of the creature's leg causing little damage. It turned again swinging at her as she jumped behind a tree narrowly missing the hit. The tree she had jumped behind had started to fall over though and she had to move again but she was suddenly pinned under a branch.

"Ah, fuck!" She yelled as she struggled to get free and the beast hovered over her.

As it lifted the tree trunk in his hands ready to smash Nessira, Patrick jumped in the way cutting the weapon in half with a flame sword he had sprouted from his fist. Now that the troll was distracted by Patrick who lured it away from Nessira she had the time to get herself free and escape.

"Come on you big dumb shit, follow me," he said as the beast began to chase him. "It worked...... shit, now what?" He asked himself as he started to run.

As Patrick ran from the troll, he sliced at the base of a few trees as he ran by them causing them to start falling over. One of them hit the troll on the head knocking him to the ground before a few more fell on him. Patrick quickly turned around and jumped at the troll ready to stab it only for it to quickly get up and grab him in mid-air.

"Son of a Bitch," Patrick said unable to get free as the beast stood up ready to squeeze the life out of him before he saw Nessira jump up behind the troll and jam her sword down into its head.

It let out a few grunts before finally letting go of Patrick and falling over letting out one final grunt as its breathing stopped. Patrick quickly got to his feet before he noticed Nessira walking with a limp over to him.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Nessira sat there silent for a moment sitting down on a log before finally saying: "I'm fine," Patrick kneeled and used a spell to heal her ankle. "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, you're my wife."

"You remembered," she said staring at him for a moment. "Listen, I don't want to fight anymore," she said grabbing him and pulling him towards her for a kiss.

Patrick tasted her lips and breathed in her scent as he wanted to give in to her so badly. He was very turned on at the moment and wanted nothing more than to fuck her right there on the forest floor but he suddenly remembered the curse and all the good that Nessira had inside her frozen in time back at home.

"Wait, we can't, we have work to do," he said hesitating for a moment.

"But I want you so bad," she said trying to pull him back towards her until he finally backed away. "It's not like she's going anywhere, and I don't want to fight anymore, we are both stressed," she said kissing him again.

Patrick enjoyed her kiss for a few more moments but finally let go. "Tempting but not now," he said pulling away again.

"What's wrong Patrick, you've been acting cold towards me, you said yourself, I'm still your wife."

"Part of her yes, but we need to repair the rest of you."

"You mean the better part of me?" She said with anger in her voice again.

"That's not what I said, why are you being so difficult."

"Me, you basically said you don't trust me."

"Ness I was out of line okay, I know I can trust you when it comes to me, but I also love the parts of you that cried during our wedding vows, who took me to where you learned to fly the first time, who raised a young girl who wasn't even sure what she was, the woman who can be gentle and kind, I just don't want to lose that version of you."

"You mean the version that despite being under Ror'gons control, kissed you and turned you into a statue to protect you?" She said still looking very upset. "I know I scare you but believe me, I am more scared right now than you will ever know."

Patrick was a little confused by her statement but before he could respond, Nessira suddenly fell forward as something grabbed her ankle and started dragging her away. Patrick ran after her seeing a vine wrapped around her ankle pulling her through the forest until he threw a fireball at it causing it to let go of her. Patrick quickly got to her and stood over her with two more fireballs ready to go. He could hear the forest creaking around him before more vines shot out of the mist attacking them again.

Patrick threw the balls of flames doing everything he could to protect the two of them. His other hand sprouted the flaming blade again as Nessira sprouted her blades as well. They stood back to back cutting away at the vines every time they lunged at the two of them. Patrick began looking for an escaped route while still fending off the attack when he noticed something.

"Ness, over there!" Patrick said noticing what looked like a cave a few yards away against a rocky wall.

"Sure, let's trade a forest of horrors for a cave of horrors!" She said slicing up countless vines still attacking.

"Open to better suggestions then," he said before putting his hands together and growing a large fireball between the two of them. "Now run!"

Nessira turned and saw what he was doing before she bolted toward the cave. Patrick threw the fireball causing a large explosion that knocked him to the ground. The surrounding trees seemed to burn up and they were no longer being attacked by vines but as Nessira reached the cave she looked back and soon realized that Patrick wasn't behind her.

"Patrick?" She yelled back unsure of where he was until she saw him lying on the ground a few yards away. She waited a few seconds only to realize he wasn't moving. "Shit!" She said before she ran back to him noticing the large burn on his back and shoulder. "Shit, Patrick!" She yelled before sliding to the ground and helping him to his feet. She heard a wood-cracking noise as the vines had started to come back attacking again. "Patrick, Baby, I kinda need your help right now," she said throwing his arm over her shoulder and heading back to the cave.

Nessira swiped at the vines with her blade the best she could realizing she would soon be overrun. She sprouted her wings and made a desperate flight to the cave as quickly as she could still holding her injured husband. She could feel the vines scratching at her ankles and even swiping at her left wing cutting it and causing her to start to go down.

She finally landed a few feet inside hitting the floor of the cave with a thud rolling further in. Patrick let out a moan which she was relieved to hear knowing he was at least still alive. Her wing hurt as she retracted them and tried to focus on her injured husband who was in much worse shape than her.

The vines seemed to stop attacking as if not willing to reach into the cave after them. Nessira was nervous as she was unsure what dangers awaited them in this dark cavern but her immediate concern was with Patrick who seemed to be badly burned. She looked him over, seeing the injuries that went from his back up the side of his neck.

"Oh shit," she said examining the wounds. "Just relax, I'll take care of you,"

She ripped his shirt off seeing the extent of the burns cringing as she imagined what pain he must be in before waving her hands and using a healing spell to repair the damage. Patrick's face winced in pain as Nessira concentrated on healing him which was working but it took some time.

Once his skin was healed the pain in his face seemed to leave but he was still out cold and needed to rest, she found a corner and pulled him into it with her leaving her back against the wall. He was still unconscious so she held him close and let him sleep against her while she stayed on guard just in case this cave produced something even worse than the forest.

"Don't worry, I got you," she whispered in his ear sprouting her sword again ready to protect him from whatever came next.

----------------

Shadow was nervous as she walked around the shop over and over again. From her point of view, it had been days since Patrick and Dark Ness had left and she was going mad with worry. She had no way of getting a hold of Patrick and worse she no longer had Kevin for comfort as she paced back and forth. She hadn't even gone to school since they left because she knew she wouldn't be able to concentrate.

"Knock knock!" She heard on the glass door at the front of the shop breaking her concentration.

"We're closed," she said before she looked over and saw Gavin standing there.

She walked over and unlocked the door. "Gavin, what are you doing here?"

"You haven't been to class, or answering your phone, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, just some.......family...... stuff," she said finding it hard to control her emotions.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but hey, I'm here if you need me, what are friends for, right?"

"I haven't had many friends," she said looking away from him.

"Really, a beautiful woman like you?"

"What did you say?" She asked turning back towards him.

"I....well, you are, I mean...." he said blushing a little.

"I...... you should go."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, or make things weird."

"Gavin I'm........ this can't happen okay."

"Oh, I understand, no problem," he said as Shadow could hear the disappointment in his voice. "I just thought...... never mind."

"Wait, it's not what you think," she said trying to find a way to explain this to him.

"It's okay Shadow, I get it, it's not a problem."

"No you idiot, I like you, a lot it's just........" she stopped herself still not sure what to say to him because she didn't want to tell him the truth and freak him out.